Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SupSuper posted:

So apparently there's this amazing GameOn exhibition going on, and it's the best thing and you should check it out if it's near you.

Anyways, they even had a Game Center CX exhibit so I got some photos and Grawl thought they were not-lovely enough to post:

Is it bad that I wanna raid that display case? :ohdear:

Hey, that's the rarely seen Stylejam translation they're showing on the TV!

The only thing in that display case I need is the action figure. Time to get a team of diverse master criminals together to pull off a daring heist!

Vlaphor posted:

Any idea what is going on in this video here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKr0GDTjcx4&sns=em

Just found it on Twitter.

Arino is interviewing a voice actress. While I knew that he had plenty of other jobs besides Game Center CX I didn't know he was doing anything like that...

Edit: The episode I'm working on might have the worst music since Quest of Ki for burning into your brain through repetition.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Downloading raw of Captain Tsubasa episode now and hope to have it uploaded on my YT channel by Sunday night. Can someone translate the next episode hint.

http://imgur.com/OceIo,MQYOv

joek0 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 10, 2012

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
"Arch nemesis... West Germany... Not right now(?)"

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

joek0 posted:

I think I have the raw on my hard drive. If I find it, I will upload it on youtube by the weekend.

Any luck finding that footage?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Any luck finding that footage?

I found it a couple days ago. Do you want the whole live special or just the Kirby Super Stars challenge done by Arino and Hamaguchi? I can have it up by tonight or Monday morning.

The Captain Tsubasa episode is up on my channel. Check out my channel for almost all the raws for non-subbed episodes.

GCCX Captain Tsubasa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyuTFQVayWE

My GCCX Raws Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL085808F22D35F9A4&feature=view_all

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Anybody know anything about the DS game sequel being translated? The only posting about it I can find is from January.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

nene. posted:

Anybody know anything about the DS game sequel being translated? The only posting about it I can find is from January.

Nothing new news wise. I say it is worth importing the 2nd GCCX game the gameplay for almost all the games are great and fun to play. Import if you are a fan. My copy is the only non first party game I keep mostly in my DS. Should work on a NA 3DS. Game is worth importing if you loved Retro game challenge.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

joek0 posted:

I found it a couple days ago. Do you want the whole live special or just the Kirby Super Stars challenge done by Arino and Hamaguchi? I can have it up by tonight or Monday morning.

Oh? The live challenge isn't entirely KSS? Well, that's the bit I'm interested in. How long is it?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Has anyone claimed the Dynamite Headdy episodes for translation yet? I've been on the edge of my seat ever since that episode was announced.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

nene. posted:

There seems to be enough on GameFAQs to muddle through, but news on an official release or a fan translation is not forthcoming.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Why didn't I ever try that continue trick, it's so obvious! :negative:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Oh? The live challenge isn't entirely KSS? Well, that's the bit I'm interested in. How long is it?

I have the video in 2 parts. Part 1 is the non Kirby stuff and is about 5 hours. Part 2 has Yoiko challenging Kirby and is about 7 hours. Check crunkgames episode guide for a summary. It is the 2011 New Years Live Special.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

joek0 posted:

I have the video in 2 parts. Part 1 is the non Kirby stuff and is about 5 hours. Part 2 has Yoiko challenging Kirby and is about 7 hours. Check crunkgames episode guide for a summary. It is the 2011 New Years Live Special.

Well, I'm most interested in part two, but I'm sure someone will be interested in part one! I look forward to you putting it up.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Well, I'm most interested in part two, but I'm sure someone will be interested in part one! I look forward to you putting it up.

YT is processing the video very slowly. Have you seen the 3DS Virtual Console episode? It shows Arino playing a few gameboy games and ends with Arino playing GB Donkey Kong for the 1st 2 worlds. One of the GB games he plays is Kirby, which is about 5-10 nimutes of game footage. Do you need a link or upload of that video?

In Kirby Super Stars, Hamaguchi is player 1 and Arino is player 2.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 10, 2012

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

joek0 posted:

One of the GB games he plays is Kirby, which is about 5-10 nimutes of game footage. Do you need a link or upload of that video?

Nah. I'm not obsessed about the Kirby franchise, despite my avatar. KSS is a good game in the series, though, and I dig the way they're approaching it.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

GCCX 2011 New Year's Live Special Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N5oJFxeZ0o

Part 2: Yoiko Plays Kirby Super Stars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KTJxw-Kco

Playing other 2 player Famicom games at about the 38 minite mark. Kirby starts at about the 53 minute mark.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 11, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I found AD Watanabe's Twitter. She's got some candid cast photos in her image gallery.

https://twitter.com/#!/YUTTY163

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

zari-gani posted:

I found AD Watanabe's Twitter. She's got some candid cast photos in her image gallery.

https://twitter.com/#!/YUTTY163

She's got quite a few pictures of Inoue.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Uh, are those Yakuza in that first pic?

e: :lol:, her entire pic feed is either pics of her crushing on the male ADs, food or her with food.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 11, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Haywood Japwnme posted:

She's got quite a few pictures of Inoue.

Whenever I browse photos uploaded by GCCX staff members there's always a bunch of Inoue pics. He must love the camera.

Crotch Bat posted:

Uh, are those Yakuza in that first pic?

It's a photo from the Three Shrine Festival, and yes, they're yakuza.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 11, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Thank you for this. I haven't watched any of the new episodes since the first ten minutes or so of Strider on that blog in the OP (I didn't watch the rest because the audio and video started to get out of sync). I can finally catch up and get to see how Arino does on Battletoads. :)

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Obeast posted:

Thank you for this. I haven't watched any of the new episodes since the first ten minutes or so of Strider on that blog in the OP (I didn't watch the rest because the audio and video started to get out of sync). I can finally catch up and get to see how Arino does on Battletoads. :)

I am missing quite a bit of raws I from seasons 13 and 14. I do have all the non subbed raws for the other seasons. I will upload when I have time as uploads are slow on YT on my Laptop. Once all the raws are uploaded, I will focus on spcial GCCX videos and post full raws of season 1.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I think Watanabe would be fun to hang out with.

e:

Crotch Bat posted:

e: :lol:, her entire pic feed is either pics of her crushing on the male ADs, food or her with food.

She crushes on the female ADs as well.

Corridor fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 11, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

joek0 posted:

I am missing quite a bit of raws I from seasons 13 and 14. I do have all the non subbed raws for the other seasons. I will upload when I have time as uploads are slow on YT on my Laptop. Once all the raws are uploaded, I will focus on spcial GCCX videos and post full raws of season 1.
Yeah, I see that you're missing Strider... That's fine, though. At least you have some of the older episodes that I've never seen like Mario World and Princess Tomato (which I think zari said she'll never translate or do that as one of the last translations since Arino appeared to not have fun playing it). :)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Obeast posted:

Yeah, I see that you're missing Strider... That's fine, though. At least you have some of the older episodes that I've never seen like Mario World and Princess Tomato (which I think zari said she'll never translate or do that as one of the last translations since Arino appeared to not have fun playing it). :)

I mentioned this before but a Japanese class somewhere in the US was interested in translating the Princess Tomato ep so I wanted to hold back on doing that one. I haven't heard back from them in a while though so I should ask if it's going to happen. If not then I'm going to get to that one eventually for the sake of completing full seasons.

ETA: It was Australia, not the US. Anyway, I asked and am waiting for a reply.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 11, 2012

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

joek0 posted:

Part 2: Yoiko Plays Kirby Super Stars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KTJxw-Kco

Playing other 2 player Famicom games at about the 38 minite mark. Kirby starts at about the 53 minute mark.

Thanks for this! There was a bit of audio desync, but I was able to fix it by forcing the frame rate to 30000/1001 (NTSC standard) instead of 30001/1001.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

zari-gani posted:

I mentioned this before but a Japanese class somewhere in the US was interested in translating the Princess Tomato ep so I wanted to hold back on doing that one. I haven't heard back from them in a while though so I should ask if it's going to happen. If not then I'm going to get to that one eventually for the sake of completing full seasons.
Ahh, okay. I don't really read or post in the thread that much unless there's a new episode (where I usually thank you guys again and again for your awesome work) or there's a discussion going on where I feel like I can throw my two cents in. I'll try to keep up as much as I can. :)

Also this is unrelated, but early GCCX Arino is really bad at Mario World. Although, this feeling probably comes from watching raocow (who used to do Let's Plays here on SA, but now LPs exclusively on YouTube) play those sometimes stupidly hard SMW ROMHacks.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Obeast posted:

Although, this feeling probably comes from watching raocow (who used to do Let's Plays here on SA, but now LPs exclusively on YouTube) play those sometimes stupidly hard SMW ROMHacks.

Nope, Arino's just especially bad at Mario games for some reason.

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay

Corridor posted:

I think Watanabe would be fun to hang out with.

They look like they have a good time!

Until they can't anymore:

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Arino is now a meme. (link might contain spoilers)

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/142855882

Edit: vvv And where was the linkage? I find those pictures meme worthy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

melon man
Aug 24, 2008

melonman-chan~!
Thanks for the heads up bro, but 4chan's /v/ has been talking about Game Center CX for a pretty long time yet I'd hardly call it a "meme".

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

4chan posted:

Am i the only one who suspects Kibe may be a homosex? He just has that vibe.

:ughh: And yep, that's why I don't go to 4chan. Because they use words like "homosex." loving idiots.

Daikoku posted:

Who is that on the right?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

4chan anon posted:

I think it's funny that the translation holds true to his way of speaking by dropping the g at the end and saying stuff like "ain't", it gives the dialogue some personality I think

:3: Gotta admit, I truly appreciate comments like that, especially towards something I know not everyone likes.

Spincut posted:

Who is that on the right?

Katayama, the non-entity.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

zari-gani posted:

Whenever I browse photos uploaded by GCCX staff members there's always a bunch of Inoue pics. He must love the camera.

Or the camera loves him. I mean, look at him, how can you not want to have a picture of him. There's a certain je-ne-se-quois to him, though it probably has something to do with his awkwardness.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

zari-gani posted:

:3: Gotta admit, I truly appreciate comments like that, especially towards something I know not everyone likes.

I assume that's also why you tend to type "'im'" rather than "him"?

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011

That's some goddamn wife material right there.

Crushing on Watanabe.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As a word of warning the next episode that I'm doing has a moment not for the weak of stomach. I have to go through it with just the audio initially so I didn't notice anything wrong at first but now that I'm working against the video I just hit a moment that made me wince.

Also, while I'm posting, I've been thinking of revamping the recommended episodes portion of the OP. We've released a lot of episodes since that was written and one of the episodes is no longer available. So instead of just writing down five that I'd pick I thought I'd throw this out there to you guys. Pitch me an episode that the SA Team has worked on that a new viewer should watch. I'll pick five (though not necessarily the best five since I also want a broad sample of episodes) and put those in the OP.

Famibomb posted:

That's some goddamn wife material right there.

Crushing on Watanabe.

Sorry, she's taken. Watanabe got married after leaving the show and now works with her husband as a jeweler.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Sorry, she's taken. Watanabe got married after leaving the show and now works with her husband as a jeweler.

:suicide:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Pitch me an episode that the SA Team has worked on that a new viewer should watch.

Do Clover episodes count? 'Cause I'd pick #73, the original Lemmings episode. Really simple game, but gets incredibly tense and you can tell that Arino is enjoying himself.

Also, "one more last lemmings"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Here's my top 5:

Tokimeki Memorial: Simply, this is one of the funniest episodes out there just because Arino becomes a complete psychopath throughout his playthrough, as he tries to balance multiple girls, has messed up reasons for everything he does, and just generally plays a cool casanova.

Sonic the Hedgehog: A good starter episode since it is a game we are all familiar with, and it is incredibly funny too. Especially with the introduction of a new AD who's not quite ready for the camera, Arino is in top form.

Castlevania 3: My favorite moments on the show are the moments when the team comes together and works hard at trying to beat a game. The show really does a great job of translating that joy over to the viewer, and seeing two friends go at it is always worthwhile. And of course, when the game is incredibly difficult and Inoko Max is involved, well, what more do you need?

Umihara Kimwase: I like this episode a normal amount.

Quiz! The Feudal Lord's Ambition: The quiz episodes are always a blast, but I like this one the best just because it shows us how much of a total pervert Arino can be. And also, more room for ABE!