Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

Can we get a download link? The one on the site is dead.

Here it is. Paranoid for GZDoom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

RiffRaff1138 posted:

Apparently, the PSX version of Final Doom was made up of 13 of the Master Levels, 11 TNT levels, and 6 Plutonia levels. So, technically, there are no PSX exclusive levels. Well, they were stripped down a bit from the PC originals, so in that sense they're all exclusive, but... I guess what you're looking for is most likely the Master Levels.

Also, the latest version of the PSX Doom TC now contains PSX Final Doom in addition to Doom 1 and 2. There's also a version with just PSX Final Doom.

Oh my god I love you, you do realise that right. :allears:

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

RiffRaff1138 posted:

Apparently, the PSX version of Final Doom was made up of 13 of the Master Levels, 11 TNT levels, and 6 Plutonia levels. So, technically, there are no PSX exclusive levels. Well, they were stripped down a bit from the PC originals, so in that sense they're all exclusive, but... I guess what you're looking for is most likely the Master Levels.

Also, the latest version of the PSX Doom TC now contains PSX Final Doom in addition to Doom 1 and 2. There's also a version with just PSX Final Doom.

Not quite! I found somewhere a package of the exclusive levels and there were a few levels that were made just for PSX Final Doom. For example, Club Doom definitely wasn't in any of the original levels.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
Club Doom (and likely the rest of the maps you're referring to) was from regular PSX Doom, not Final Doom. Everything I can find on PSX Final Doom (mainly on this really spergy page) says it has only 30 levels, and they're all accounted for:

Master Levels:

1. Attack
2. Virgil
3. Canyon
4. Combine
5. Catwalk
6. Fistula
7. Geryon
8. Minos
9. Nessus
10. Paradox
11. Subspace
12. Subterra
13. Vesperas

Evilution:

14. System Control (MAP01)
15. Human BBQ (MAP02)
16. Wormhole (MAP04)
17. Crater (MAP12)
18. Nukage Processing (MAP13)
19. Deepest Reaches (MAP16)
20. Processing Area (MAP17)
21. Lunar Mining Project (MAP23)
22. Quarry (MAP24)
23. Ballistyx (MAP26)
24. Heck (MAP28)

Plutonia:

25. Congo (MAP01)
26. Aztec (MAP03)
27. Ghost Town (MAP05)
28. Baron's Lair (MAP06)
29. The Death Domain (MAP20)
30. Onslaught (MAP10)

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Is there any way to force OpenGL on Duke Nukem 3D? Yes, I know I should be ashamed for getting an Intel HD Graphics-powered laptop, but it was a gift. It SHOULD be OpenGL compatible, and I want to try some of the polymer-only mods in DN3D.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

JackMackerel posted:

Is there any way to force OpenGL on Duke Nukem 3D? Yes, I know I should be ashamed for getting an Intel HD Graphics-powered laptop, but it was a gift. It SHOULD be OpenGL compatible, and I want to try some of the polymer-only mods in DN3D.

I believe adding -forcegl in the shortcut should work.

Edit: Haha, oh gently caress, Map23 of Scythe 2, what the gently caress.

catlord fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 12, 2012

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
'Script error, "psxdoom.PK3:sbarinfo.txt" line 4:
Bad syntax.'

I'm getting errors like this whenever I try to use the PSX Final Doom stuff. Ultimate Doom is fine, but not Final. :iiam:

e; just freed a marine with a chaingun. He proceeds to clear out the entire level without my help. :stare:

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 12, 2012

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

RiffRaff1138 posted:

Club Doom (and likely the rest of the maps you're referring to) was from regular PSX Doom, not Final Doom.
Whoops, yeah. I'm dumb. Ignore me!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Thanks.

I'm a bit disappointed, though. It looks great, but it just doesn't play very well.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
So I updated Reelism again. There's a lobby map for co-op map changing goodness, some weapons are stronger, and there's a boat-load of bug fixes that I had basically nothing to do with. Enjoy!

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I think you're going to have to fix it again, I just played a game and I got the Jerk... it gave me 20 jerks, they were chasing me and I got scared and then I died. :(

also: You can rig it now??

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

QwertySanchez posted:

I think you're going to have to fix it again, I just played a game and I got the Jerk... it gave me 20 jerks, they were chasing me and I got scared and then I died. :(

also: You can rig it now??
What the hell? Well at least my excuse this time around is that I didn't do a whole lot of code changes in this update. The guy who did co-op did, and I guess he must've slipped up. :ohdear: Apparently there's also a bug where Hell Knights sometimes appear in the Zombieman reel. Oops!

As for the other thing: "pukename rigslots # # #" in the console, where # is a number between 1 and 13

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...

Finally I'll be able to see what the other jackpots are aside from Original the Character (do not steal).

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Fixed version! Hell Knights no longer gatecrash Night of the Shooting Dead, and Jerks no longer hunt in packs.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
EDIT: Disregard, new unofficial builds of gzdoom exist, good stuff google+doom wiki+zdoom wiki

ExMortis fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 12, 2012

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Man, gently caress Thy Flesh Consumed. I realized, after getting exploded in Scythe 2 Map23, that as much as I've played it, I've never actually beaten Doom or Doom 2. So I started up The Ultimate Doom. I have beaten Episode 1 before, so I jumped into Episode 2, and then 3. I beat both of them in like, 30 minutes each. Then I started Thy Flesh Consumed. It just doesn't feel fair like, say, UT&T did in its difficulty.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Map 1 of E4 is really bad and should be skipped, but Map 2 is an absolute classic.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I've always felt that E4M1 is a great challenge as long as you're not going for 100% kills and secrets because holy poo poo the NIN secret. Seriously, American McGee, what were you thinking?

E4M9 is also a really good map from what I remember. I think it was the first genuinely difficult map that I beat on UV from a pistol start when I was a kid, so it will always have a special place in my heart. :3:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Map 1 of E4 is really bad and should be skipped, but Map 2 is an absolute classic.

I'm on M3 right now, and M1 and 2 were a pain in the loving rear end. Hated them. M3 is a lot better, gampeplay-wise, at least. It's astounding how ugly these levels can be.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Kins posted:

Fixed version! Hell Knights no longer gatecrash Night of the Shooting Dead, and Jerks no longer hunt in packs.

Balance is even better but two things:

First, I'm having an issue where retrying after dying gives me the exact same sequence or reels every time. Is this intended?

Also, Night of the Shooting Dead seems to include pac-man ghosts. Is this a bug or a feature? Or did I miss a new thing?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Cream_Filling posted:

First, I'm having an issue where retrying after dying gives me the exact same sequence or reels every time. Is this intended?

Also, Night of the Shooting Dead seems to include pac-man ghosts. Is this a bug or a feature? Or did I miss a new thing?

Semi-related, are these the pac-man ghosts from Wolfenstein 3D?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cream_Filling posted:

1.) Autosaving might be screwing with things, because they record the map's randomizing seed for dumb reasons. Try turning it off temporarily and see what happens - I can't do anything about it myself because Saving Is An Area In Which Modders Aren't Allowed To Meddle.

2.) You must have gotten the Namco Mini-Jackpot (7-6-5).

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'll try again when I'm back on my gaming computer but last night I couldn't download the new Reelism - I just got stuck at the 'Your Download Is Being Prepared' screen. Clicking on 'Try Again' (or whatever it said) caused a timeout.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rather Dashing posted:

I'll try again when I'm back on my gaming computer but last night I couldn't download the new Reelism - I just got stuck at the 'Your Download Is Being Prepared' screen. Clicking on 'Try Again' (or whatever it said) caused a timeout.
Try this mirror, then. Or this one.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Kins posted:

1.) Autosaving might be screwing with things, because they record the map's randomizing seed for dumb reasons. Try turning it off temporarily and see what happens - I can't do anything about it myself because Saving Is An Area In Which Modders Aren't Allowed To Meddle.

2.) You must have gotten the Namco Mini-Jackpot (7-6-5).

1. I think that's fixed it.

2. Ah, so it is something I missed. Must have missed it in the tiny HUD text.

Awesome stuff, as usual. Thanks for the feedback, too.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Cream_Filling posted:

1. I think that's fixed it.

2. Ah, so it is something I missed. Must have missed it in the tiny HUD text.

Awesome stuff, as usual. Thanks for the feedback, too.

Is there anyway to make the HUD bigger when you're in full screen mode? It would be nice to see those slot reels in larger size when you're in full screen mode.

Right now the slot reels are like stamp sized since I am running the game in 1080p

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The new zombie noises for Brutal Doom are annoying, true, but I cannot get enough of the agonised scream they let out if you shoot off a limb and allow them to bleed out. :ohdear:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Kins, I want to try out Truckosaurus but the link seems to be broken. :saddowns:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

iceaim posted:

Is there anyway to make the HUD bigger when you're in full screen mode? It would be nice to see those slot reels in larger size when you're in full screen mode.

Right now the slot reels are like stamp sized since I am running the game in 1080p

set hud_scale 1

For some reason the in-game menus to set that particular cvar won't work for me, but typing that in the console seems to fix it.

EDIT: fixed the console command cvar to the correct version hud_scale (instead of what I originally wrote, scale_hud)

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 16, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

poptart_fairy posted:

The new zombie noises for Brutal Doom are annoying, true, but I cannot get enough of the agonised scream they let out if you shoot off a limb and allow them to bleed out. :ohdear:

Yeah but I get the feeling that it's startign to shift off of that sweet spot it used to occupy in terms of weird new features. I wish it was easier to download older versions of the mod, especially now that all the filelocker services are being shut down.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
I figured I'd post some screenshots of the progress of my first map for the goon megawad. Assuming of course we're still going to attempt to throw it together at some point. Progress is slow, but I like to think it's shaping up nicely. The white specks in the outdoor areas are rain if you couldn't tell.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

I figured I'd post some screenshots of the progress of my first map for the goon megawad. Assuming of course we're still going to attempt to throw it together at some point. Progress is slow, but I like to think it's shaping up nicely. The white specks in the outdoor areas are rain if you couldn't tell.

If the second attempt to cobble together a WAD doesn't happen, the third or fourth attempt should succeed. :v:

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Looks pretty good! - if you haven't already got any plans for the 3rd shot with the lava pillars I'd maybe add some trimming to the concrete grey walls?

Frag Man
Sep 2, 2011
Love the new Brutaldoom, except for the sound the Super Shotgun makes. Did SgtMarkIV take the sound från the Counter-Strike AWP for firing both barrels? I really liked the old thumpy sounds better.
Now I just gotta get a hell knight to brutalize a zombie so I can see that throwing arm!

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Jblade posted:

Looks pretty good! - if you haven't already got any plans for the 3rd shot with the lava pillars I'd maybe add some trimming to the concrete grey walls?

What kind of trim would you suggest? I agree the room's kind of bare but I can't really think of what I should do with it. Keep in mind that those lava pillars are polyobjects moving back and forth across the floor.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Kins, I want to try out Truckosaurus but the link seems to be broken. :saddowns:
Oops. Here's Xutawoo's latest version, Big Red Mess.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I just discovered that you can deliver a flying kick while in the air on Brutal Doom. Suddenly the old Downtown map became an ultraviolent Bruce Lee film as everything in sight was launched off of ledges and/or decapitated via constant kicking. I still love this loving game (and your voicework, Chinese Tony Danza; I hope you manage to work in some more lines/improve the wonkier ones in the future).

Also has anyone else run into a weird issue with burning demons and monster infighting? Almost every time I kill a demon with the mancubus cannon while it's in a group it manages to run around and damage everything around it, pissing off other monsters and getting them to strike back. This is hilarious to watch and all, except that they'll continue to wail on the burning demon even after it collapses to the ground. Perhaps slow-roasted demon is irresistible to other monsters.

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 17, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

I just discovered that you can deliver a flying kick while in the air on Brutal Doom. Suddenly the old Downtown map became an ultraviolent Bruce Lee film as everything in sight was launched off of ledges and/or decapitated via constant kicking. I still love this loving game.

Also has anyone else run into a weird issue with burning demons and monster infighting? Almost every time I kill a demon with the mancubus cannon while it's in a group it manages to run around and damage everything around it, pissing off other monsters and getting them to strike back. This is hilarious to watch and all, except that they'll continue to wail on the burning demon even after it collapses to the ground. Perhaps slow-roasted demon is irresistible to other monsters.

It seems that the in-fighting is caused by the burning creature injuring others with its flames, which is misinterpreted as an attack. It's funny and it has happened to me a number of times. With the added ability to immolate Imps and Demons (as well as triggering infighting), the Mancubus Flame Cannon is suddenly a very potent and versatile weapon.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

What kind of trim would you suggest? I agree the room's kind of bare but I can't really think of what I should do with it. Keep in mind that those lava pillars are polyobjects moving back and forth across the floor.
Well if they're moving than I'd probably make little wall inserts in the grey brick ones up the top, either a row of little lights or some fake windows? Just a way to break up the walls without having things sticking out that the player could get caught on. That way they're not in the player's way as they're dodging the lava pillars and they're high up enough to at least be noticed by the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not 100% if this would be the proper thread, but what would you guys recommend for someone looking to get better at Quake 3? Is it all real practice, or is there poo poo I should be doing?