Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigC
Jan 22, 2007
Touche, I admit I forgot who was who in terms of character names in the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Viewer's Choice Week!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

If the choice were Baby Geniuses 2 instead of 1, it would be winning.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Little Monsters was one of those movies that everyone loved; of course, I was a complete rear end in a top hat as a kid and thought all of the scenes of Mandel & Savage being complete shitheads were hilarious.

I just remember Clifford being incredibly disturbing, and for that I'm disappointed you guys didn't review it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Twitch posted:

I thought Little Monsters was one of those movies that everyone loved; of course, I was a complete rear end in a top hat as a kid and thought all of the scenes of Mandel & Savage being complete shitheads were hilarious.

I just remember Clifford being incredibly disturbing, and for that I'm disappointed you guys didn't review it.

Hey, the people chose what they chose.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I'm curious and don't have Facebook, what was the other option?

Never mind, I can't read.

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
Little Monsters was a master piece of a movie and probably my most watched as a kid. I've always wanted to eat moles off my face like Howie Mandel.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Was the closing scene of Madagascar the entire cast of characters dancing to a song that was popular a year ago?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Y-Hat posted:

Was the closing scene of Madagascar the entire cast of characters dancing to a song that was popular a year ago?

No. It's the entire cast of characters dancing to the song they've been dancing to the entire series WITH POLKA DOT AFRO MIXED INTO IT.

(I just saw Madagascar, and enjoyed it apart from that.)

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

Vargo posted:

No. It's the entire cast of characters dancing to the song they've been dancing to the entire series WITH POLKA DOT AFRO MIXED INTO IT.

In all honesty, I'm actually surprised they didn't jam an LMFAO song into the movie, given how heavily all the marketing leans on "Sexy and I Know It". I'm willing to bet there was a heated argument in the Dreamworks office over what song should close out the film's big dance party.

"Come on, man! Let's go out with a big showstopper! Party Rock Anthem all the way home! The kids'll love it and mom and dad will rest easy knowing their kids are dancing along to last year's greatest song about running through h-h-h-h-hos like Drano!"

"No, goddamnit! Chris Rock dug us a hole with that loving Afro Circus bit, and we're going to milk it til it's bone dry! AFRO CIRCUS!"

:rant:"PARTY ROCK!"
:argh:"POLKA DOT!"
:argh:"AFRO!"

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Jay Dub posted:

In all honesty, I'm actually surprised they didn't jam an LMFAO song into the movie, given how heavily all the marketing leans on "Sexy and I Know It". I'm willing to bet there was a heated argument in the Dreamworks office over what song should close out the film's big dance party.

"Come on, man! Let's go out with a big showstopper! Party Rock Anthem all the way home! The kids'll love it and mom and dad will rest easy knowing their kids are dancing along to last year's greatest song about running through h-h-h-h-hos like Drano!"

"No, goddamnit! Chris Rock dug us a hole with that loving Afro Circus bit, and we're going to milk it til it's bone dry! AFRO CIRCUS!"

:argh:"POLKA DOT!"
:argh:"AFRO!"

DA DA DADADADA DA DA SEXY! DA DA DADADADADA DA DA WORK OUT! DA DA DA SEXY DA DA SHUFFLIN' POLKA DOT PARTY ROCK BODY!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
In case you're still wondering who was asking for a Top Cat movie, the answer is most of Latin America.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Martin R. "Vargo" Schneider posted:

Look, I know parts of what I'm saying might make Little Monsters sound awesome, but I assure you this is not the case. An actual director or an actual cast could have done something with these ideas,

They did, it was called Monsters Inc.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Vargo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFoS-JZVcA

Shoulda been that.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

See, this should have been in Prometheus.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The next big community vote should be for a bollywood movie, so as to bring in the other absolutely massive film producing industry into current releases. Also I'd love to hear intelligent breakdowns of things such as playback singers and item girls from you guys.

edit: VVVV Cool, I've been trawling the unexplored depths of netflix and have been (secretly) enjoying what I've found. Can't understand a word, but the songs are sometimes pretty good.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 12, 2012

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

lenoon posted:

The next big community vote should be for a bollywood movie, so as to bring in the other absolutely massive film producing industry into current releases.

I live near a theater that shows Bollywood films all the time, so this is a definite possibility.

A while back, I really wanted to review the Bollywood remake of The Italian Job, but we had other plans that week.

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Jay Dub posted:

Well imagine that....

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Jesus loving Christ.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Shoot the internet.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Oh gently caress no.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

I...I didn't know! I DIDN'T KNOOOW...!

:suicide:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So nobody could be blackmailed into seeing That's My Boy this week?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I think all the reviewers threatened to drink strychnine instead.

Dyatlov Bass
Apr 16, 2012

by Fistgrrl
I... I like Journey... :ohdear:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
We were really short-staffed this week. I'm guessing next week will be a big one to make up for it.

However, I did write a Father's Day piece for CR friends Wag The Movie this week. You should read it, and then read that site pretty much all the time.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Vargo posted:

We were really short-staffed this week. I'm guessing next week will be a big one to make up for it.

I thought you guys had completely forgotten that another Spiderman movie came out, just like everyone else had.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Command Ant posted:

I thought you guys had completely forgotten that another Spiderman movie came out, just like everyone else had.

Another Spider-Man came out?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm blanking on what puppet Alec Baldwin owes his comeback to. Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm blanking on what puppet Alec Baldwin owes his comeback to. Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor?

The puppet of himself in Team America: World Police, voiced by Maurice LaMarche. Baldwin suddenly started to appear in a lot of comedies after that.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Command Ant posted:

It comes out in July?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It comes out in July?

What comes out in July?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Command Ant posted:

What comes out in July?

Some movie about a spider, I dunno.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Vargo posted:

We were really short-staffed this week.

Are you accepting resumes?

Or is CR a temp agency Mike Nelson type deal...

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

Vargo posted:

I think it worked out though, because I was the only one who didn't have a life to tend to this weekend. If I'd known I was flying solo this week, I might have tried to squeeze in that Sandler thing too.

Hahahaha, no that last part's a lie.

Dyatlov Bass
Apr 16, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Jay Dub posted:

I think it worked out though, because I was the only one who didn't have a life to tend to this weekend. If I'd known I was flying solo this week, I might have tried to squeeze in that Sandler thing too.

Hahahaha, no that last part's a lie.

If you call it "that Samberg thing" you might trick yourself into squeezing it in next week.

Really though Adam Sandler needs to retire or die of a drug overdose or something please make it stop make it sto

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
If it hasn't been mentioned, "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" comes out tomorrow. I want this to be as bad rear end as they are playing it up to be. Would love to see a review of that.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Bedevere posted:

If it hasn't been mentioned, "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" comes out tomorrow. I want this to be as bad rear end as they are playing it up to be. Would love to see a review of that.

Don't worry. It is getting reviewed and it is brilliant.

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Professor Clumsy posted:

Don't worry. It is getting reviewed and it is brilliant.

Thank you!

:neckbeard: No one I know around here seems to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo Berry
Sep 21, 2011

Easy breezy beautiful colored world I'm in love with you
R-O-Y-G-B-I-V your colors are a comedy
I agree with Clumsy a lot, but I've also disagreed with him more than a few times. I'm pretty sure Abe Lincoln: VH will be good, but I don't know how good. I'm probably gonna go see it this weekend. I would be absolutely astonished if I wind up liking AL: VH more than I liked Brave, and I liked that quite a bit.

• Locked thread