Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Still no Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: The Moive The Theme Song. The volume, like those before it, is a failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Still no Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: The Moive The Theme Song. The volume, like those before it, is a failure.

Just watch this

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

ComradeCosmobot posted:

If it makes you feel any better, Land of Fans and Music had The Sweet Bro And Hella Jeff Show.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

I can't watch that on my iPhone. That's the whole point of asking for that song on an album. :colbert:

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Oh my god, Hate You has musical nods not only to Love You, but also to Witc)(ing )(our/Fuchsia Ruler! Buying immediately.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The full version of Another Jungle is fantastic, I hope its used in its entirety in a flash at some point.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
There will never be a better song title than "Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse." Try to top that. You just can't.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

There will never be a better song title than "Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse." Try to top that. You just can't.

as a bonus the song itself is pretty fantastic

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Madtrixr posted:

as a bonus the song itself is pretty fantastic

Yeah it is. Pretty much all of this album so far that I've heard has been pretty great. Up there with 7, which was my previous favorite.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Moonsetter is a nice piece. Reminds me a little of Professor Layton. The art is kind of :smith: though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
For whatever reason, Game Grl gives me a kind of "À cause des garçons" vibe. The version done by Yelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKM8txMizdI

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
The majority of the album art is stunning and

Well Manicured Man posted:

Now before you ooh and aah at all the other songs I want to direct your attention to a piece called "Dogfight". This was the result of a massive 6-way collaboration between myself and five other Homestuck fan musicians that Radiation decided to stick it on the album. If I may say myself it sounds fantastic.

this made it even more of an instant purchase for me. The music reminds me a lot of the soundtracks to Guilty Gear / Blazblue!

"Well done" to all involved!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yay another volume! I can't believe it's already been like 8 months since the last time I bought any Homestuck Music. Whenever Volume 8 came out.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm going to guess that Battle Against an Unfathomable Enemy is an Earthbound reference, as most of the battle themes are worded that way (Battle Against an Unsettling Opponent, Battle Against a Machine, etc.)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Why did I have to refresh the thread? I have to go ooouuutt, but this album is too good!

B-B-BUSTIN'!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Man, I really should shell out and buy these. I've put it off too much and the back log doesn't stop from getting taller. Guys, I've got a hell of a lot of music to start buying!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Anbroids v2.0: now even more Mega Drive as gently caress. Especially with Squarewave's medallion in the track art.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I can't buy the album till I get home from work, but I'm streaming it till then, and I'm loving it as usual!
Is the song from the latter half of Jane: Enter in here somewhere, though? I can't seem to find it; am I just dumb? Is it a purchase-only deal?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Paul.Power posted:

Anbroids v2.0: now even more Mega Drive as gently caress. Especially with Squarewave's medallion in the track art.

Both of the Anbroids remind me of Toejam and Earl so loving hard.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Fortis posted:

I can't buy the album till I get home from work, but I'm streaming it till then, and I'm loving it as usual!
Is the song from the latter half of Jane: Enter in here somewhere, though? I can't seem to find it; am I just dumb? Is it a purchase-only deal?

It's A Taste for Adventure, near the end. But it's the full super-long version (longest song so far when you consider that Cascade is four songs stuck together).

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The version of a taste for adventure used in the comic doesn't do justice to the 8 and a half minute long version, probably my favorite so far.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Encore is my favorite so far. Probably because I have a weakness for Showtime remixes and it feels like forever since there's been one.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Gamergirl was so deliciously 90s I almost got my Master System out to re-live the good old days!

I'm loving this new album so far. Most...resist...buying...

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Ohtsam posted:

The version of a taste for adventure used in the comic doesn't do justice to the 8 and a half minute long version, probably my favorite so far.

So so very true.

The whole album is fantastic. I felt the other super long albums like Volume 8 and parts of Volume 5 fell short slightly (as much as any Homestuck album can have to be said to have fallen short anyway), but this one is top notch pretty much all the way through.

edit: I hope to god we get CD: Ascend to the new I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew
edit2: And every single thing about Pumpkin Party In Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse is amazing. Accordion, Title, Album Art, everything

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 12, 2012

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Yeah, I have to say that giving the music team more time between albums was a great idea. The previous albums were all good, but like I said earlier the only one that was as consistently good was Volume 7. (in my opinion of course)

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Oh my goodness, the artwork that goes along with Minihoof's Adventure. Dirk, I know you're bored and lonely, but that's no excuse for building a death maze for your tiny pony. :ohdear:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I'm sixteen songs in and I'm definitely buying this first chance I get. And holy poo poo, there's a Stress remix? I thought that was done by whatshisname that went nuts and quit taking all his music with him?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Have been skipping around the tracks on Vol. 9 and wow do I love Moonsetter and Candles and Clockwork: Alpha Version. poo poo, Moonsetter is in the running for Favorite Homestuck Song right now.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Listened to Moonsetter once, got it stuck in my head immediately. It's great for whistling.

Filthy Haiku posted:

I'm sixteen songs in and I'm definitely buying this first chance I get. And holy poo poo, there's a Stress remix? I thought that was done by whatshisname that went nuts and quit taking all his music with him?

Nutso man was Bill Bolin, track info says the originator of this one is George Buzinkai.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Renaissance Robot posted:

Nutso man was Bill Bolin, track info says the originator of this one is George Buzinkai.

Stress sounds a lot like a remix of Teal Hunter, if anything else, though that wasn't made by George Buzinkai.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Slime posted:

Both of the Anbroids remind me of Toejam and Earl so loving hard.

Is... is there a place where you can buy Anbroids 1.0? I like it better :shobon:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Snollygoster posted:

Is... is there a place where you can buy Anbroids 1.0? I like it better :shobon:

Malcolm Brown, the guy who composed them, said this on the MSPA forums:

Malcolm Brown posted:

I figured some people'd prefer v1.0 - Me plan is to release it for free 'n post it up either here or on me tumblr in the next few days - pretty much unedited from the one Andrew used.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Game GRL is good, but it just doesn't have the same incomprehensible badness that made Game Bro funny. The other songs are great, I'm about halfway through, and I absolutely love Austin, Atlantis and Expedition.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Haha, I like how the art for Sweet Dreams, Timaeus has regular Dirk, Dream Dirk, Jake-Mind Dirk, and of course, Auto-Responder.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I just started listening, and definitely good things so far. I usually listen to all the songs in order, but then in reading the posts someone mentioned Encore used Showtime, which is basically the only thing I'll skip ahead for. I kind of wished it was a direct mix and not a reference, but it was excellent to listen to.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Constable Lemon posted:

Game GRL is good, but it just doesn't have the same incomprehensible badness that made Game Bro funny.

What with GameGRL being hinted as basically being GameBRO with a different name, I wanted the GameGRL track to simply have been the GameBRO track again.

The only way in which this album disappointed me so far.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This first track is kind of blowing my mind

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Usually the albums are a mix of songs I like, songs that are okay, and songs I skip over, but I'm over halfway through this one and am quite impressed. Especially liking the occasional real instrumental performances.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
What the hell? Why won't paypal take my debit card or my credit cart?

I WANT TO GIVE HOMESTUCK MY MONEY

edit: never mind, it worked. Man Paypal is weird about stuff.

thanks alot assbag fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Not even a minute into Noirscape and I love it to death. That Black riff is still my favorite.

Yeah, pretty much this entire album is great.