Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Well, that headband IS pretty awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
From the past "nose" comments Kat is obviously just a giant nose with a pigeon perched on it.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
There's no way this isn't a setup for a sick burn.

Hopefully involving that headband.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I don't know, she looks genuinely terrified to me and Gamma seems taken aback as well.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, I suspect Zimmy is thinking either herself or Kat is someone else.

Yeah I'll bet Zimmy is seeing herself as Kat. That's why Kat's pigeon is gone, and why fake Zimmy is terrified of Kat

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Open your wallets guys and get ready to donate soon. Tom is working on another wallpaper and this one looks marvelous so far

http://gunnerkrigg.tumblr.com/post/24965685648/amongst-other-things-i-started-working-on-a-new#notes

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Oh man that looks great. I have the other one as my wallpaper at the moment, and it was the first time since I've owned this computer I changed it.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I've found Robox, but Boxbot is still eluding me... I hope he wasn't too terrible to include.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

I've found Robox, but Boxbot is still eluding me... I hope he wasn't too terrible to include.

Didn't show up. He keeps missing all these important things.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Paramemetic posted:

Didn't show up. He keeps missing all these important things.
Oh...

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
God drat it, Boxbot..

Empyreal
Jan 29, 2008

This is a good thread. I like this thread. Let's all be friends.
The name of the chapter is "Divine", I'll put 100 bucks on Kat looking like an angel. Possibly while Zimmy responds with "Divine..." and the full page being a portrait of angel Kat, but that's more just guessing.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Empyreal posted:

The name of the chapter is "Divine", I'll put 100 bucks on Kat looking like an angel. Possibly while Zimmy responds with "Divine..." and the full page being a portrait of angel Kat, but that's more just guessing.

I really hope this isn't what happens, because then all the robots calling her Angel gets even creepier.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Kat looks like a mechanical burning wheel covered in eyes and wings calling it now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sansuki posted:

I really hope this isn't what happens, because then all the robots calling her Angel gets even creepier.

And now I hope this is, because that'd be awesome and anything that makes the robot cult thing more of a weirdly plausible-yet-extremely creepy thing is cool.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
So the pigeon is a talking halo or something?

Empyreal
Jan 29, 2008

This is a good thread. I like this thread. Let's all be friends.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Kat looks like a mechanical burning wheel covered in eyes and wings calling it now.

Oh man, Kat as a Throne would be fantastic. I'd even settle for her looking like a Seraphim or a Cherubim, because sphinx and dragon angels are great, but I guess I'll survive if it's just a stereotypical winged human angel.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Empyreal posted:

Oh man, Kat as a Throne would be fantastic. I'd even settle for her looking like a Seraphim or a Cherubim, because sphinx and dragon angels are great, but I guess I'll survive if it's just a stereotypical winged human angel.

Combine both - Kat is a semi-"traditional" angel, but one covered in mechanics and such.

She is the robot's angel.

She shows up as part robot.

( But in a horrifying way )

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 13, 2012

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

Nonbaka posted:

So the pigeon is a talking halo or something?

Spirit animal imo.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Kat had a halo before

Treatise Three

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

A student posted:

Kat had a halo before

Treatise Three

Oh my god I love this comic.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

A student posted:

Kat had a halo before

Treatise Three
Man, the treatise(s?) are a gift that just keeps on giving.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Well. That's certainly terrifying.
Edit: Whoever bought me the avatar, Thanks!

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

:wtc:

I mean this page is gorgeous and amazing but what the christ am I even looking at?
This comic man, this comic.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Well, I wasn't expecting THAT.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Holy poo poo.

Dabbo
Aug 20, 2010
Oh hey its midnight I'll go ahead and refresh this tab and :stare:

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Well, that sure is something.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
drat! Ya, I could see being terrified of that.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

I was not correct

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Welcome to Gigerkrigg Court. :stare:

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

That's incredible. I'd love to get a print of that page.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
What in the world is -that-. :stare: :gonk:

I would be terrified of that, too.
Granted, it's beautifully well-drawn.

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Looks like we were wrong all along. Jones is not a robot, Kat's the robot.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I was certainly not expecting that. Wow, that is just beautiful.

I also really want that as an avatar.

Relaxodon
Oct 2, 2010
Huh. I didn't make much of gunnerkrigg when I first tried to get into it a few month ago. Tried it again 2 days ago and marathoned it in 2 sessions. It turned out to be surprisingly engaging.

The occasional humor is also quiet good.

The Art went from meh to pretty good. Could still be better thou. (changed because I like todays update too much)

Relaxodon fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 13, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So, what are we looking at, here? It's obviously made of metal, which is in parts sculpted to resemble fibers, as in feathers or muscle. It's apparently humanoid, with a head, though no specific facial features are visible. Underneath the decoration, the head is cracked. Much of the decoration proceeds off the panel, where we can't tell if it simply ends or is connected to something. Notably, the shaping and coloration of the decoration on top of the head appears to resemble a bird, with a beak extending down the forehead. The "hairs" on the head also appear to resemble feathers.

I don't know what the deal is with the eyes. Those are just freaking me out, man.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
You know, I think parts of this thing resemble elements of birds. Sorta like a peacocks tail in spots. Also robots. Ya, in a way it suits Kat, while being threatening.

I wonder if this is how the robots see her?

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 13, 2012

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I guess this finally tells us what the robots see?

Is this the equivalent of Annie seeing Ysengrin "as he really is"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Bongo Bill posted:

So, what are we looking at, here?

quote:

I mean this page is gorgeous and amazing but what the christ am I even looking at?

Did you not read my post?

She's an angel.

( To whom? )