Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Craptacular! posted:

Peak hilarity has been achieved:

That has to be the very definition of the phrase "poo poo eating grin."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

Cody Rhodes finally gets a new rival.

:ohdear: Or perhaps a new tag team partner?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Glitterbomber posted:

Cody Rhodes finally gets a new rival.

His dog will always be his rival.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sears Poncho posted:

:ohdear: Or perhaps a new tag team partner?

Oh hey you found it, you found literally the best team in the WWE.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bobkatt013 posted:

His dog will always be his rival.

He didn't even record Game of Thrones for him man.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
WWE Lawyers have gotten the accounts of @WWE_Creative and @CrankyVince suspended :cry:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

WWE_Creative was unfunny, Cranky Vince is sad.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
It's been pretty heavily rumored/suspected that CrankyVince was a writer or former writer given the Mania deal so I wonder if that lends legitimacy to the tweet about Del Rio wanting to quit and that was the last straw.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

HulkaMatt posted:

This is all completely unrelated to WWE reaching a business agreement with Twitter earlier today.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Frot Lesnar posted:

This is all completely unrelated to WWE reaching a business agreement with Twitter earlier today.
I never know if I should take a Moose post seriously, but:

quote:

Twitter announced this afternoon that selected content partners could integrate photos, videos, and audio directly into users' Twitter feeds--effectively bypassing the traditional 144-character post limit.

A post on Twitter's company blog noted that followers of content partners "can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more." Initial content partners include The New York Times, Der Spiegel, WWE, The San Francisco Chronicle, BuzzFeed, TMZ, MSNBC, The Wall Street Journal, Time, Lifetime, BET, and Dailymotion. The expanded tweets program was launched on twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com today and will be expanded to mobile and tablet apps next week; there is no word on whether Twitter-owned TweetDeck will be upgraded to include this functionality.

Credit: https://www.fastcompany.com

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

I thought Cranky Vince was funny. WWE Creative was smarky nonsense.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Good news! Cranky Vince may have gotten busted, but @PremiumVince remains alive! As does TNACreative, so it's not all lost.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There was a very short period at the beginning of the account where WWE_Creative had some funny stuff - quite a bit of it was quoted probably in this thread or the last one. After a short while it really fell off and they just started tossing out anything they came up with and most of it was bad.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Mr. Carlisle posted:

After a short while it really fell off and they just started tossing out anything they came up with and most of it was bad.

Wait, are we still talking about Twitter?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I think they're still around, but renamed, because this just showed up in my Twitter feed:

@WWECreative_ish posted:

We have 2 hours to make people forget about Del Rio & embrace @HEELZiggler all while keeping Sheamus credible. Cake ‪#ReasonsToWatchSmackdown‬

And their verbose name is "WWE Creative Humor".

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The ex-writer behind the account is going to be on a Figure Four Daily next week, that should be a great interview.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

njsykora posted:

The ex-writer behind the account is going to be on a Figure Four Daily next week, that should be a great interview.

I hope he's goony as gently caress.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

@steveaustinBSR posted:

Since I'm so drat grouchy this morning...KICK! WHAM!! CYBER STUNNER!!! Bah Gawd I don't know what's gotten into the Rattlesnake!!! ‪#CMT‬ ‪#BSR

@Jay2KWinger posted:

*does complete backflip, staggers in a circle, then finally falls on his face* RT @steveaustinBSR KICK! WHAM!! CYBER STUNNER!!!

@steveaustinBSR posted:

@Jay2KWinger good sell!

I feel so proud. :unsmith:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Chris Sabin has been the longest #1 trending topic worldwide longer than any WWE trending topic I've ever seen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HulkaMatt posted:

Chris Sabin has been the longest #1 trending topic worldwide longer than any WWE trending topic I've ever seen.

I saw him trending about 3 hours ago for several minutes, didn't seem too long to me. I read about what happened. Sucks, I used to be a big fan of his several years back.

X-O fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 15, 2012

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

You picked a weird thing to brag about.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It's rare that I'll see a wrestling-related thing trend on twitter for more than a few minutes, unless it's like, back when Brock returned or something similar.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CVagts posted:

It's rare that I'll see a wrestling-related thing trend on twitter for more than a few minutes, unless it's like, back when Brock returned or something similar.

Yeah, wrestling related stuff very rarely trends for any length of time. According to Tweetstats Chris Sabin actually trended for 4 minutes today, so not that long at all.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Atticus Finch posted:

You picked a weird thing to brag about.

I've got nothing to brag about??? Just making an observation.

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, wrestling related stuff very rarely trends for any length of time. According to Tweetstats Chris Sabin actually trended for 4 minutes today, so not that long at all.

That's weird??? It's been hours and I still see him on my list.

Edit: Ah. Twitter changed my TT settings, that's why.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahahaha, what the gently caress?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Deadpool posted:

Hahahaha, what the gently caress?

It's even better with the twitter picture/icon. Like I can just imagine a video of Hulk, in blackness, staring pensively as his echoy voice over says "Golden showers: does his wife know?".

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Hulkamaniac for life :allears:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I'm not sure I like Hogan's new libertine gimmick...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

njsykora posted:

Not necessarily -- we always hear reports about the creative team being constantly frustrated by Vince's mercurial personality, and then guys like DeJoseph and Lagana go on the record and we find out that their ideas were just as terrible, because WWE tends to hire failed sitcom writers.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Timby posted:

Not necessarily -- we always hear reports about the creative team being constantly frustrated by Vince's mercurial personality, and then guys like DeJoseph and Lagana go on the record and we find out that their ideas were just as terrible, because WWE tends to hire failed sitcom writers.
I think they have a team of 16 writers just to act as Stephanie's sewing circle so it looks like she's being productive while they all eat ketchup soaked steak wraps.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Timby posted:

Doesn't Lagana have a hand in current TNA and the great Ring Ka King? Dude's not that bad. (although his twitter babel can gently caress right off.)

The main problems with WWE creative is

1) Vince is a indecisive loon who flip flops at the drop of a hat. That hat he wore on ECW? He bought it just to drop it.

2)Stephanie McMahon isn't a talented writer, nor a talented head of writing.

3)Too many writers. Even when a great idea comes out like Nexus or CM Punk the Rebel comes along it ends up muddied and tarnished by too many cooks spoiling the soup, leaving a great idea followed by a bland, flavourless mulch.

4) Too much emphasis on mainstream success of writers. There's great bookers out there, it's just WWE wouldn't hire them unless they wrote at least one episode of "CSI:Bumblefuck Wisconsin". Guys like Jimmy Cornette and Paul Heyman wouldn't even get a look in today.

There are more, but those are the main ones.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Isn't Dusty Rhodes still one of the head writers? I wonder if he's ever repeated the Austin promo with one of the younger talents.

"Nah baby thath for somebody else."

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vince Russo made one good point in his YouShoot video - the best way to have wrestling written is by one guy being the head and having an assistant/partner. With a committee of people writing the show, there's going to be too many people trying to do their own thing and nobody is ever going to get over. One person writing the show in his/her vision and everyone sticking to those plans really does seem to work best. At least everything seems cohesive, even if it's a cohesive poo poo show.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I feel so proud. :unsmith:

Holy gently caress, Austin is the best ever.

PoO3
Dec 30, 2000

Perigryn posted:

I think they have a team of 16 writers just to act as Stephanie's sewing circle so it looks like she's being productive while they all eat ketchup soaked steak wraps.

only vince can eat during writing meetings, the writers must just watch hungrily.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Punk wrote and soon had to delete these tweets

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

Punk wrote and soon had to delete these tweets

I was about to ask about this.

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO
Punk just tweeted:

@CMPunk" posted:

Uh. I haven't tweeted in three days geniuses. Let alone deleted tweets. What are you crazies talking about?

I'm fairly certain those screen grabs are fake personally. Fake dirt sheet poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sexy_trash posted:

Punk just tweeted:

I'm fairly certain those screen grabs are fake personally. Fake dirt sheet poo poo.

This makes me feel better :3: