Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Grant DaNasty posted:

Look at this. We're just sitting around talking...

(lights a cigarette lighter)

I've got fire. That's crazy. We're so stupid. That can burn a whole city down. Think of how loving stupid we are, and the fact that you can go to a corner drug store "give me ten of those".

This is why I've stopped listening to JRE unless it's one of the usual really good guests. I can't take Joe Rogan's stupidity anymore.

Is Duncans podcast any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

mcvey posted:

I usually skip the first 20 minutes, but check out the Bert Kreischer episodes.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

bango skank posted:

I didn't listen/watch but it sounds like he might've been referencing the Tupac "hologram," not that that would make any more sense given the prior conversation.
I think he was going for a "you could get an album of a guy playing the kazoo while hitting pans" type of comment, but he's so goddamn unclever and unfunny, that's all he could come up with.

I also just listened to the Bobcat episode, and I thought Joe came off as a huge dick when Bobcat was talking about his movie/showing the trailer. Joe looked utterly befuddled why anyone would ever make a dark comedy about a guy going on a homicidal killing spree. Bobcat even kept saying "Look, I'm freaking Joe out!" when Joe was just staring blankly at him during it. Joe said "I'm just trying to wrap my head around it....." I can't tell if Joe's "everything must be 100% positive and not a shred of overt negativity" is just an act, or if he actually believes his own hype now.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

mcvey posted:

This is why I've stopped listening to JRE unless it's one of the usual really good guests. I can't take Joe Rogan's stupidity anymore.

Duncan's podcast is the best podcast on the internet.
Don't skip the first 20 minutes. His commercials and intro banter is hilarious.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Brekelefuw posted:

Every word of this is true!

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
tom seguras and christina P's podcast is hilarious as well.

https://www.yourmomshousepodcast.com

although its 90% segura, 10% christina

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Brekelefuw posted:

I always enjoy the first 20 minutes, it's the rest that's hit-and-miss. The Daniel Bolelli episode was fantastic, with a well-spoken guest that Duncan brings out the best in (unlike his appearances on JRE), whereas the Tim Heidecker episode, while capturing and maintaining my interest in the same way a car-wreck does, was rescued only by Heidecker's amusingly analytical response to Duncan's repeated attempts to impute homosexuality on him. I'll continue listening to The Family Hour, but it's just as inconsistent as the JRE.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ZeroDays posted:

I always enjoy the first 20 minutes, it's the rest that's hit-and-miss. The Daniel Bolelli episode was fantastic, with a well-spoken guest that Duncan brings out the best in (unlike his appearances on JRE), whereas the Tim Heidecker episode, while capturing and maintaining my interest in the same way a car-wreck does, was rescued only by Heidecker's amusingly analytical response to Duncan's repeated attempts to impute homosexuality on him. I'll continue listening to The Family Hour, but it's just as inconsistent as the JRE.

The Daniel Bolelli episode was great. The Johnny Pemberton one was pretty good as well, especially when he started doing a "baby Duncan in North Carolina" accent.

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

I thought the Duncan Episode with Tim Heideker was absolutely perfect.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

ZeroDays posted:

It's probably because Rogan was having to do ALL the legwork. I felt Shane Smith couldn't be hosed (which, given his physical state, isn't surprising) and that every conversation attempt from Rogan was met with something non-committal that couldn't really be taken anywhere, which left Rogan thrashing about and having to fill the empty space.

The "yeahs...." and "I don't know mans" weren't particularly conducive to a free flowing podcast, but it's interesting to see a positive slant put on them a few posts above.

The "yeahs" and "I don't know mans" were clearly an "I like you and I like your podcast, but gently caress your childish conspiracy theories when I'm trying to talk about real problems in the world." Rogan derailed Shane Smith quite a bit with his usual conspiracy/stoner philosophy garbage. With any other guest it is annoying but mostly tolerable, but when Shane Smith is the guest it's infuriating.

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

I just listened to the episode with John Anthony West and wow, what a loving nutball.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I think I managed 30 minutes of listening to him in the car until I had to pull over and download the new episode with Ari.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Flying-Chip posted:

I just listened to the episode with John Anthony West and wow, what a loving nutball.

I've yet to listen to this one but on the brighter side, Bill Burr will be on today!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Why are bogus science people so attractive to Joe?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

jyrka posted:

Why are bogus science people so attractive to Joe?

Because he is a bogus science person.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

Flying-Chip posted:

JAW is awesome what are you referring to that deems him a nutball? Also do you mean nutjob? I don't know what a nutball is.

Bogus science? I'm sorry, who here has actually stood next to the Sphinx? Because that dude has been to places none of us will ever have access too.

indoflaven fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 14, 2012

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Considering how a lot of mainstream Egyptologists seem to have their head shoved as far up their rear end as the fringe Egyptologists, I really don't have any point to reference as to what makes someone a nut in this case.

Out of all of the weird hypothesis about the sphinx and the pyramids, the sphinx water erosion hypothesis seems to be one of the most grounded ones to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_water_erosion_hypothesis

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 14, 2012

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I'm ok with all the Egypt stuff he was talking about, but near the end of the podcast he took a turn for the loony bin with the other topics he was talking about. You could tell that Joe wanted him to stop speaking and just end the show.

widunder
May 2, 2002
Bill Burr: funniest person alive? Discuss.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Last night I sent a link to the old video of Joe calling Carlos Mencia out for stealing jokes to a friend who didn't know about it.

A related video was a recording of a podcast with Marc Maron talking to Mencia about the whole joke-stealing thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZAq8u6Rs-E

I never saw it before last night, but I guess it's a couple of years old now. Mencia comes off as pretty much a crazy person (like not wacky crazy, but something is not right with his head crazy) who lies all the time about everything. At one point (in a later video... It starts out with 'Mencia talks about joke stealing 1 to 3' then 'hispanic comedians vs carlos mencia 1 through 5 or 6') he says that his "friends" want to beat the poo poo out of Marc for interviewing him about the whole thing.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

nemoulette posted:

Bill Burr: funniest person alive? Discuss.

Pretty loving close to it if not.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That Bill Burr episode was definitely the funniest podcast they've done in a while. Bill is always loving hilarious and I have to go dig up that Opie & Anthony clip they played after work.

Is Burr's podcast any good? I heard it's just him talking by himself for an hour straight and I dunno if I can handle that much Bill, or anyone really :/

widunder
May 2, 2002

AltronHGX posted:

That Bill Burr episode was definitely the funniest podcast they've done in a while. Bill is always loving hilarious and I have to go dig up that Opie & Anthony clip they played after work.

Is Burr's podcast any good? I heard it's just him talking by himself for an hour straight and I dunno if I can handle that much Bill, or anyone really :/
Burr's podcast is solid if you like Burr. However, sadly, pre-mid 2011 episodes aren't available on iTunes anymore. His best podcasts are EASILY the ones where Nia sits in, so you give them a search.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...0.0.CI7ch5NI--s

However, the funniest thing I think he has ever done is the radio show he did 2007-2009 with joe DeRosa, Uninformed. It can be found on YouTube and elsewhere. It is really, really funny.

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

indoflaven posted:

JAW is awesome what are you referring to that deems him a nutball? Also do you mean nutjob? I don't know what a nutball is.

Bogus science? I'm sorry, who here has actually stood next to the Sphinx? Because that dude has been to places none of us will ever have access too.

Whatever. I had no problems with his theory, but accusing all scientists of having no creativity, his claims that modern science is inferior to the science used by the ancients because of spirituality or some poo poo, his obsession with bobblehead dolls. Oh and he thinks evolution is a lie. He was even freaking Joe "Mushrooms are a portal to another dimension" Rogan out.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

nemoulette posted:

Burr's podcast is solid if you like Burr. However, sadly, pre-mid 2011 episodes aren't available on iTunes anymore. His best podcasts are EASILY the ones where Nia sits in, so you give them a search.

Aren't the old ones just on a different "channel" or whatever? I thought I read that somewhere, could be wrong though.

Burr's podcast is pretty great, IMO. Agreed that the ones with Nia sitting in are the best.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

indoflaven posted:

I don't know what a nutball is.

It's like an assbutt

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Brekelefuw posted:

I'm ok with all the Egypt stuff he was talking about, but near the end of the podcast he took a turn for the loony bin with the other topics he was talking about. You could tell that Joe wanted him to stop speaking and just end the show.
I sat through the archaeology stuff even though he came off as a kook (Beware anyone talking about how 'Anyone who disagrees with me is afraid of the TRUTH!!') because the topic wasn't something I particularly care about. But then they moved on to astrology and I had to drop out.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

AltronHGX posted:

I can't get enough of Bill Burr's podcast. Even with him sitting by himself, it's just pure gold, and when he occasionally has guests on, it's off the charts. It's definitely my favourite podcast, but I do love Bill Burr, so YMMV.

Funniest guy alive.

widunder
May 2, 2002

esperantinc posted:

Aren't the old ones just on a different "channel" or whatever? I thought I read that somewhere, could be wrong though.

Burr's podcast is pretty great, IMO. Agreed that the ones with Nia sitting in are the best.
They used to be, but if you search for it on iTunes only the current one shows up I believe.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Bill Burr is indeed one of the best, and the podcast was great. Even if "overly serious Rogan" struck again when Bill was joking around about letting the weak die off.

Bill: Eh, I'm one of the weak, dude. I should've died in 1980 from appendicitis.
Joe: Whoa.
Bill: There's too much medicine around man, we need to let the weak die off. I would've been one of them.
Joe: Whoa. Do you really feel this way?

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
The Joe Rogan Experience: Whoa.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
*makes car noises*

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Evil Agita posted:

*makes car noises*

It makes your balls shake.

yrletter
Aug 5, 2005
where the circle ends
Been a listener since the single digit JRE pods and I must say I have come to look forward to the Ice House Chronicles much more than the standard JREs.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress has Joe never heard of the "When did you stop beating your wife?" thing before?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

I listen to IHC more than JRE now, but i really enjoy "Whats Good" by Freddy Lockhart.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Is anyone else really turned off by Freddy? At first I liked him and I listened to a couple episodes of What's Good, but on IHC he comes off as a huge sperglord. Like he will literally stop the conversation so he can tell everyone the trivial things he knows.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Just realised Bill Burr and Jim Norton are different people.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

I dont know how good or bad his science was, but John Anthony West was almost impossible to listen to. He had a noisy fan going the entire time and could not complete a thought because he kept going off on tangent after tangent. Hes a horrible interview.

FreddyJackieTurner fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

goldblums eyes posted:

Is anyone else really turned off by Freddy? At first I liked him and I listened to a couple episodes of What's Good, but on IHC he comes off as a huge sperglord. Like he will literally stop the conversation so he can tell everyone the trivial things he knows.

I've definitely noticed this as well. Freddy says some weird poo poo on the IHC