Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CMDistro putting out Ulvers black metal opus "Nattens Madrigal" on limited edition vinyl.

http://www.cmdistro.com/Artist/Ulver/10446

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ulver/Nattens_madrigal_-_Aatte_hymne_til_ulven_i_manden/3612

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

So I'm trying to keep my out for a turntable on craigslist but they are so many and I know absolutely nothing about any of this. I stumbled across my dad's record collection the other day and thought it'd be nice to pick up a turntable but I don't want to waste my money on a "good deal" only to have to turn around and buy a new one later.

Is it better to just get something new in the mid-range, or are there specific models that are easy to find/cheap/reliable?

There's a TT/2 channel thread in AV that is probably a better place to ask, but I would say for your first TT get something used on CL for less than $100, probably less than $50. A lot of boomers are selling off their high quality direct drive tables from the 80s for under $30 on my CL.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

alg posted:

There's a TT/2 channel thread in AV that is probably a better place to ask, but I would say for your first TT get something used on CL for less than $100, probably less than $50. A lot of boomers are selling off their high quality direct drive tables from the 80s for under $30 on my CL.

Cool thanks for the response. I didn't even think about TA/VA, I'll go ahead and repost it there.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

My paycheck can't get here fast enough.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
A friend of mine spent like $600 on like 3 Ulver releases a few months ago. I was a little bit confused but what ever floats yer boat I guess.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Thanks, now I'm out $40 with shipping. Jerk.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Went shopping yesterday, had a Groupon and gift-card to this place called Transistor. Here's what I picked up:

As luck would have it turns out the copy of Bloom is the pre-order "Loser Edition" with glow in the dark sleeve, worth double what I paid for it yesterday!

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

Blendy posted:

Went shopping yesterday, had a Groupon and gift-card to this place called Transistor. Here's what I picked up:

As luck would have it turns out the copy of Bloom is the pre-order "Loser Edition" with glow in the dark sleeve, worth double what I paid for it yesterday!

All copies of Bloom have a glow in the dark sleeve. The difference between the Loser and the regular editions is the color of the records.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This came surprisingly early.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

You can still get this used for ~20$ if you are looking.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Surfingelectrode posted:

All copies of Bloom have a glow in the dark sleeve. The difference between the Loser and the regular editions is the color of the records.

Ah well then discogs has an incorrect entry. What I read on there was that the difference of the sleeve and then there was a third entry for the different color vinyl.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Not an Anthem posted:

You can still get this used for ~20$ if you are looking.

Really don't like the colours for this reissue. The yellow/blue splatter looks a bit gross in my opinion. A dark purple or something would be more fitting in my opinion.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blendy posted:

You have great taste, Paul's Boutique is probably the best sounding record I own. That album is the poo poo.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

You have great taste, Paul's Boutique is probably the best sounding record I own. That album is the poo poo.

Thanks, man. Yeah it's a really suburb sounding record. I wish I had an equally awesome sounding copy of Licensed To Ill. I love Paul's Boutique but at the end of the day it's all 'No Sleep Till Brooklyn' for me.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I ordered Vaya from Hottopic.com and one of the drat corners is bent :mad:

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Endless Mike posted:

This came surprisingly early.

I got mine as well. Any idea what the print run on it is, I can't seem to find any definitive answers. Mine is 1179.

Great album by the way. I definitely need to get tickets for their show in Pittsburgh.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
http://www.popmarket.com/details/27219891

Caribou vinyl bundle daily deal at Popmarket. Andorra and Swim for $30, free shipping (even international!), use code FACEBOOK10 for an extra 10% off.

I jumped on this as they're both great albums which I've been meaning to get on vinyl.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

dflanny posted:

Caribou vinyl bundle daily deal at Popmarket. Andorra and Swim for $30, free shipping (even international!), use code FACEBOOK10 for an extra 10% off.

I jumped on this as they're both great albums which I've been meaning to get on vinyl.

Nice, ordered this. I can't resist free shipping to Canada.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

dflanny posted:

Cool, picked this up. I hadn't heard much of Caribou but I liked that Odessa song they have on the page and worst case I resell these on Discogs where one is fetching around 11 bucks and the other 19, thus making my money back.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Sexy Randal posted:

Nice, ordered this. I can't resist free shipping to Canada.

Love free shipping to Australia!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Holy gently caress.

I never thought I'd own this, there was only 99 copies pressed :aaaaa:

e: Does anyone know how I should store this thing? I imagine having it vertical in its delicate plastic sleeve will cause a lot of wear to it and I don't want that to happen.

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 14, 2012

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

david puddy posted:

Holy gently caress.

Whoa, that is awesome. I don't think just storing it like you'd store any other record would cause much damage to it, but I dunno. Maybe just keep it inside a padded record mailer if you want to keep it super safe?

Got this in the mail today:

Awww yeah, Mad Men swag.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 14, 2012

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Whoa, that is awesome. I don't think just storing it like you'd store any other record would cause much damage to it, but I dunno.

The sleeve is super-thin PVC which tends to crease like this or even split, so I'm really not sure and I don't want to risk it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Ordered those Caribou albums. I have like, 4-5 different LP packages coming in the mail within <2 months, can't wait :allears:

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

david puddy posted:

e: Does anyone know how I should store this thing? I imagine having it vertical in its delicate plastic sleeve will cause a lot of wear to it and I don't want that to happen.

Take the record out and put it in a plain inner sleeve, then put that and the cover separately in a plastic outer sleeve.

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ
A fan sent me a picture of my latest 12" (I haven't gotten it yet), first coloured vinyl release I've ever done. Turned out pretty cool, actually.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Are there any websites that allow you to catalog your record collection as well as keep sort of a wishlist?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

https://www.discogs.com

RDreamer
Apr 10, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

david puddy posted:

Holy gently caress.

Awesome! I have the black vinyl version of this, which I believe was also limited (though more than just 99 copies). Great record. I had the sleeve framed on my wall for a while, too, and had the record in a plain sleeve with the rest of 'em.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

RDreamer posted:

Awesome! I have the black vinyl version of this, which I believe was also limited (though more than just 99 copies). Great record. I had the sleeve framed on my wall for a while, too, and had the record in a plain sleeve with the rest of 'em.

I think the black was pressed in 500 and the white 1000, and yeah it's a great piece of music, probably PT's least appreciated release (in my opinion, at least). I'm considering framing it so it stays in such good condition, and then maybe getting a black or white copy if I ever feel the need to play it again (though I do have it on CD as well so I think I might be going overboard). I need to stop spending so much money on Steven Wilson's stuff :(

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

I got mine as well. Any idea what the print run on it is, I can't seem to find any definitive answers. Mine is 1179.

Great album by the way. I definitely need to get tickets for their show in Pittsburgh.

Trying to figure this out as well. Found number 0046 at my local record store today, pretty sweet.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Picked this up today. Definitely wasn't expecting to open it up to this:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
This came in the mail today. Apparently I won a contest. It's from a videogame. Is it any good? It's called Awesomenauts so I kind of doubt it.

I'm... not sure what to do with this. I mean, it's not like I'll find myself listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE_I9iz7pVI

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

You mean you don't like epic 80s-style metal about a videogame?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
It's definitely a... weird addition to my collection.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I finally checked out the little antiques place that's a block from me. There was a pretty good little section of records, so I bought this.

Brian Wilson. Age 20. Only marginally nutty.

It's difficult to find early Beach Boys albums in good shape and this one is spotless. The vinyl has no scratches at all.

They should have just stopped after Noble Surfer. That is one bad B side.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm... not sure what to do with this. I mean, it's not like I'll find myself listening to this:

haha Are you kidding me? This is amazing, awesome even.
I have been giggling the entire time I've been listening to it!

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This came in the mail today. Apparently I won a contest. It's from a videogame. Is it any good? It's called Awesomenauts so I kind of doubt it.

That's pretty fantastic. Awesomenauts is one of my favorite games on PSN. I wish I had known about these contests.

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Maybe take "you can't win if you don't play" as a warning next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ghumbs posted:

Maybe take "you can't win if you don't play" as a warning next time.

Didn't know what exactly I was entering for, actually. Anyway, this dumb thing is growing on me. :shobon: