Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

That girl looks flat. Like she is 2D in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

Vagabundo posted:

Edited in content:

If you're living in the US, go to the midnight IMAX screenings of Prometheus and get this limited edition poster.

Probably a first in first served basis, so make sure you get in early, you lucky bastards.

These were rare? Guess I shouldn't have tossed mine.

It is a great poster, but I like the imagery because it's classic and restrained, unlike the movie.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

It's always hilarious when that happens, and I always wonder if they know that the quote is mocking them and hope the audience doesn't read reviews. When Shark Tale came out after Finding Nemo I read a review that said something about how it was like Finding Nemo crammed with pop culture references, and later saw a trailer with that quote. They weren't being complementary!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Prof. Numbers posted:

These were rare? Guess I shouldn't have tossed mine.

It is a great poster, but I like the imagery because it's classic and restrained, unlike the movie.

They're only selling for $10~ on eBay, so don't beat yourself up too much.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Oh hey look they even included a trailer in their revie-

quote:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Hybrid, LLC and Starz Media, LLC.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Wait, what's Joey Fat One doing in this? Is Family Feud not payin' the bills these days?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Baron von Eevl posted:

Wait, what's Joey Fat One doing in this? Is Family Feud not payin' the bills these days?

Hey he's still got that regional Price is Right thing going on.

Although I doubt Price is Right is even paying Drew Carey's bills. How much do they pay a man to stiffly stand around and have no charm or charisma or rapport with the contestant whatsoever?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I was looking through a list of horror movies being released this year and remembered that Silent Hill was getting a sequel. Based off the plot of the third game, Silent Hill: Revelation 3D follows Heather Mason as she attempts to escape the town of Silent Hill. Rather surprising, as I didn't think that the first movie did well enough at the box office to warrant a sequel. Apparently though the first Silent Hill is one of the highest grossing video game movies of all time.

I've only been able to find two teaser posters and a ton of fan posters. Does anyone know if any more have been released?

On a similar note, the video game series Clock Tower is set to get a film adaptation in 2013. They seem to be trying to downplay its video game origin. I don't really expect much out of this one. It does, however, have a ton of posters. Sorry for the small images, I cannot seem to find anything larger. EDIT: These posters also seem to be from over two years ago. The movie has been stuck in development hell for a long time.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 12, 2012

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This. This needs to be the poster.

Not only does it have that old school '70s horror look like The Wicker Man and The Exorcist, but it actually features a guy putting together two blades, much like the killer of the games, the Scissorman.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Oh William Atherton, how far have you sunk that you're in this...

I hope the money is worth it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Well, getting a dick grafted these days is pretty expensive.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Young Freud posted:

Not only does it have that old school '70s horror look like The Wicker Man and The Exorcist, but it actually features a guy putting together two blades, much like the killer of the games, the Scissorman.

you can see a hole in the one blade. Those are, in fact, scissor blades.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Paul Sorvino as well, but he's been down there for quite some time.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sockser posted:

you can see a hole in the one blade. Those are, in fact, scissor blades.

I did notice that, which was one of the reason I favored it over the "killer with two knives/blades". Also, at least the scissors goes along with the clock in the title logo. Everything else either tries too hard, like the guy chained up in the bell or the clock back tattoo, or tries too little, like the first two.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Young Freud posted:

Agreed. I've never played a Clock Tower game but I am tempted to now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jasta posted:

The first one on the SNES is pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sKYxHiudCQ.

Still a really odd property to resurrect for a movie, and the shadowy figure of the Scissorman just sorta looks like a poor man's Michael Myers.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm genuinely kind of surprised they kept going on a Clock Tower movie. The franchise has like 1 good game ("The First Fear", which never officially saw Western release) and the rest range from okay ("Clock Tower" PS1) to god awful (2 and 3). If you get the chance you should try the SNES one, it's surprisingly scary for an old 16-bit horror game.

They picked a decent looking Scissorman at least, considering the odd direction they went with later games it could have ended up much worse.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Policenaut posted:

They picked a decent looking Scissorman at least, considering the odd direction they went with later games it could have ended up much worse.

Scary...

So is the Mass Effect film still going to be made? I don't particularly want to see one, but if it happens I think that'll be the film that truly gets the next source material craze happening.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Policenaut posted:

How is that not a Soul Calibur character?

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

The first one on the SNES is pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sKYxHiudCQ.

Still a really odd property to resurrect for a movie, and the shadowy figure of the Scissorman just sorta looks like a poor man's Michael Myers.

Thanks! I still have my SNES, too. Provided it's not too much on eBay I might give it a shot. :parrot:

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Jasta posted:

Thanks! I still have my SNES, too. Provided it's not too much on eBay I might give it a shot. :parrot:

That's a fan translation you're looking at - the original game was never released in the US.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

FoneBone posted:

That's a fan translation you're looking at - the original game was never released in the US.

Yeah. I think it counts as "abandonware" now or whatever so it should be fine to just download the translated version on SNES. I don't even think the company who made it (Human Entertainment) even exists anymore.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Haha, she really does look like Jennifer Connelly.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

:laffo: This is the funniest poster I have ever seen. Look at it.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Yeah. I think it counts as "abandonware" now or whatever so it should be fine to just download the translated version on SNES. I don't even think the company who made it (Human Entertainment) even exists anymore.

Good to know. Thanks.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Suzuki Method posted:

:laffo: This is the funniest poster I have ever seen. Look at it.

It's not even like his pain is caused by the deafening ringing of the bell like I first imagined, he's just attached upside down in some way to the inside. Poor fella.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay he would have to have his knees over a bar like a trapeze artist to fit in that bell. It wouldn't be loud at all because it would be him striking the bell and frankly it doesn't look like it would even hurt that bad because his arms aren't even tied behind his back. The ropes would hurt worse than the bell.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

kiimo posted:

Okay he would have to have his knees over a bar like a trapeze artist to fit in that bell. It wouldn't be loud at all because it would be him striking the bell and frankly it doesn't look like it would even hurt that bad because his arms aren't even tied behind his back. The ropes would hurt worse than the bell.

He could have had his legs chopped off, also the bell could be struck by a mallet :colbert: :colbert:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ET and Wrath of Khan from Mondo on sale at random time tomorrow.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Vintersorg posted:

ET and Wrath of Khan from Mondo on sale at random time tomorrow.

So how do you get these, just sit there refreshing for 8 hours and hope you refresh during the 10 second buying window?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

uPen posted:

So how do you get these, just sit there refreshing for 8 hours and hope you refresh during the 10 second buying window?

Yep, that exactly.

Oh, and you also have to hope you can get your credit card information in and get through checkout before they sell out also.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

uPen posted:

What GonSmithe said basically. Watch on FaceBook and Twitter like a hawk. And hope your internet connection is fast. Chrome autofill usually works well.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jasta posted:

For the love of god never ever play the Clock Tower 3: aka Sailor Moon:The Survival Horror Game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Check out these heads haha...

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

kiimo posted:

Sean Bean looks resigned to the fact that he'll most likely die in this one too.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

kiimo posted:

Sean Bean looks SO defeated.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

kiimo posted:

Okay, whose the bald guy? He gets front row but doesn't have his name as billing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

OGB posted:

Sean Bean looks SO defeated.

You can sort of see him sighing "I was in Lord of the Rings, dammit".

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Sean Bean looks resigned to the fact that he'll most likely die in this one too.

OH that's why his head looks like it has been replaced.

Dominic Monaghan looks like a lollipop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

kiimo posted:

Holy gently caress Ving Rhames has the most ridiculous gun I've ever seen. It actually looks like an MG-42 with a load of crazy poo poo added to it.