Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Hoodrich posted:

Is there another mirror for this? I'm a big killer mike fan but I never lit up to this

If it's not considered against the rules by the mods I'll stick it up with a password or something, seems like he intended it to be shared and it is a solid album. It's not as good as R.A.P. Music but that's setting the bar high, it's still really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

This is awesome.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Agreed posted:

If it's not considered against the rules by the mods I'll stick it up with a password or something, seems like he intended it to be shared and it is a solid album. It's not as good as R.A.P. Music but that's setting the bar high, it's still really good.
Yeah mixtapes are sort of expected to be shared (though there's a certain amount of looking-the-other-way here)

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

the second part is even better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0IivEjf7M8&hd=1

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

het posted:

Yeah mixtapes are sort of expected to be shared (though there's a certain amount of looking-the-other-way here)

Roger, over. <- Killer Mike, Ghetto Extraordinary.

Password is "weakpass" because I am uncreative when it comes to creating weak passwords for short term links but didn't want mediafire poking through the folder directory.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 13, 2012

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So, uh, Canibus apologized...

Canibus posted:

Something I never told anybody is that one morning, while in the military, I was woken up and interrogated for 86 hours straight about all the infinite rhymes that I had released. They inquired about how I received the findings of this information and how I was capable of putting it in a 4 bar measured instrumental. They conducted various studies and also got a hold of all the infinite rhymes I hadn’t even released yet. Somehow some way I lost all memory of these rhymes… yet I remember everything else. Now back to the KOTD situation. As I was being interrogated by these agents recently I managed to escape thanks to one of the agents who was a fan of mine. I asked him what his favorite Canibus verse was and he told me that he doesn’t know me as Canibus but rather as Subject 9. This man was kind enough to help me escape but eventually I was hit with some type of dart in the back of my neck and the last thing I remember was falling on the back of my head (hence the stitches). I woke up in the back of a cop car then asked the officers why my head was bleeding and my shoulder felt separated. They said they found me like that and that I should have a better understanding of what happened to me. They asked me if I remembered anything and I told them “No.” It was the safest move to make because they could easily have been disguised agents ordered to see what my mental state was like.

:catstare:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

When in doubt, just loving go completely insane. Works 20% of the time every time.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
its fake, his manager confirmed it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

atrus50 posted:

its fake, his manager confirmed it

Whoever wrote that is a loving genius, then.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Dude is and always has been corny. Even in his heyday there were other rappers doing it better.

I always found this "diss" song by Eminem funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdUTexKy5gg

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Had someone PM me about issues opening the .7z file on a mac, so here it is in a zip. Who knows how long it'll stay up, but it shouldn't have any trouble opening on non-Windows platforms, hopefully!

Password is "killer mike"

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Thanks a bunch!

part 3 of the Danny Brown, A$ap conversation is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZQXDEQGeT0

I'm surprised Danny likes that needle drop guy; he's crazy annoying. And I think Danny gets called a crack head cause he sounds like Tyrone Biggums.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

snyprmag posted:

Thanks a bunch!

part 3 of the Danny Brown, A$ap conversation is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZQXDEQGeT0

I'm surprised Danny likes that needle drop guy; he's crazy annoying. And I think Danny gets called a crack head cause he sounds like Tyrone Biggums.

also because he looks like a crackhead

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
also because he probably literally is a crack head.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
you can't have hair like that and not smoke crack. impossible.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Agreed posted:

Roger, over. <- Killer Mike, Ghetto Extraordinary.

Password is "weakpass" because I am uncreative when it comes to creating weak passwords for short term links but didn't want mediafire poking through the folder directory.

Thanks a lot dude - I'm really glad I checked this thread and caught that.

As for Canibus, I felt worse for him after I watched the longer video. Dizaster is straight wack. His poo poo is embarrassing too, he has no flow and just basically yells things that sort of rhyme. Does he even make music or just do these battle raps?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

That is what battle rapping is these days if my intense youtube scholarship of scribblejam et al. going back several years is anything to go by. Occasionally someone will go double time but usually it's just couplets, with the best battlers capable of keeping a rhyme going for longer and thinking on their feet. "And you just dropped the mic 'cause you not really gripping it!" still stands out as one of the best battle rap finishers that really decisively won that I've seen in years and I think that was in, like, 2006?

Not sure if it was something different before, and I can't find much of anything before the battle rap olympics in 97-98, hopefully someone who knows more than just what kinda poo poo gets put up on youtube can educate me and you at the same time as to a better state of it, I dunno.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Agreed posted:

That is what battle rapping is these days if my intense youtube scholarship of scribblejam et al. going back several years is anything to go by. Occasionally someone will go double time but usually it's just couplets, with the best battlers capable of keeping a rhyme going for longer and thinking on their feet. "And you just dropped the mic 'cause you not really gripping it!" still stands out as one of the best battle rap finishers that really decisively won that I've seen in years and I think that was in, like, 2006?

Not sure if it was something different before, and I can't find much of anything before the battle rap olympics in 97-98, hopefully someone who knows more than just what kinda poo poo gets put up on youtube can educate me and you at the same time as to a better state of it, I dunno.

It's also a whole lot of anticipation and adaptation.

For instance a mediocre battler with a large nose will write a verse that starts with "So you're making fun of my nose again..." and that's going to be what he says no matter if he's going first in the battle or if nothing at all about his nose was mentioned.

The most successful battlers change angle of attack if the other guy's lines are hitting. As a crude example, "You are ugly and (a really joke that will make the crowd laugh)" vs. "Your dad split when you were in fourth grade. Split as in torn limb from limb in an accident with a chainsaw blade."

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

on point like a unicorn, strapped like tha unabomb
everyday a work day but dont wear a uniform
Gucci Mane a dapper don, capper like a Capricorn

Agreed posted:

yeah NoCanDo vs. Franco was the final battle of the second to last Scribble and was great bc they were both really hype and into it - iirc NoCanDo actually takes an extra verse and nobody notices. way better than the next and last year where neither NoCanDo or TheSaurus give a poo poo

other Scribble Jam stuff worth youtubing: when that dude Justice from Australia won (especially awesome cuz Iron Solomon fukken sucks in the final since he writes all his poo poo and didn't expect to face some random Aussie. gently caress Iron Solomon) and the year that illMaculate won

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Jock Mocken posted:

other Scribble Jam stuff worth youtubing: when that dude Justice from Australia won (especially awesome cuz Iron Solomon fukken sucks in the final since he writes all his poo poo and didn't expect to face some random Aussie. gently caress Iron Solomon) and the year that illMaculate won

Justice's Benjamin Button flip on TheSaurus was amazing. I saw Iron Solomon at Grizzlemania 2 and while I like some of his stuff I was embarrassed when he told E Ness (of making the band fame) that his breath smelled like bigfoot's dick. He also ducked Dizaster for two years saying he wasn't a big enough name and after this weekend's battle he called Diz out and was told to go gently caress himself.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Listening to new Kool Keith right now. Man I just want to hear Keith RIP a track one more time. Like he did on No Chorus, Plastic World, Poppa Large, Diesel Power. I feel ike Keith is so frustrating because when he focuses he can absolutely shred a beat, as good as anyone I've heard. But he stays on that weird poo poo, which I guess is just his thing.

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me
It gets me every time when Dizaster goes into a string of angry lines and then adds something really lame just because it rhymes. It's like a little addendum. Can't recall anything off the top of my head (ooh) but it's poo poo like "I'm a G and a thug, you get beat up and drugged, put the heat in ya mug, and feed ya a slug! ...AND I'll wipe my feet on ya rug!"

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

farmtrill posted:

definition of a g (w/ yo gotti)

this poo poo needs to be chopped asap, even tho its already slow as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9VZmmdtHs0

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

TenaciousTomato posted:

I like the direction KRIT is going in. It's not all bumpin' jumpin' poo poo from his old tapes that we all know and love, you can tell he's got a more serious perspective now. I know he produces most of his own poo poo, but I wonder if he will ever consider a live band. Think how ill that would be.

I surprisingly didn't see anyone else talking about it but yeah this album is great.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

TenaciousTomato posted:

this poo poo needs to be chopped asap, even tho its already slow as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9VZmmdtHs0

Why does this type of music sound like Supreme Art?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYttMuULeY8

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
So I found my old Do You Want More CD and Distortion to Static reaffirmed it's spot as one of my favorite songs. Then I see the roots on Jimmy Fallon and i get kind of sad inside.

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

e: Woops, my bad

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZZ_Top#New_album_.282012-.29

quote:

The album is produced by Rick Rubin.[29] The first single from the album, "I Gotsta Get Paid", debuted in an advertising campaign for Jeremiah Weed, and appears on the soundtrack for the film Battleship.[30] The song itself is an interpretation of "25 Lighters" by Texan hip-hop DJ DMD and rappers Lil' Keke and Fat Pat.[31]

This is the best thing I ever heard.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Can't stop listening to this.

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012

yeah people in texas have been going pretty nutty over the commercial

also nice to see oh no dropped his new joint. who are all the people on the cover? the guest features?

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
double post:

me and my crew are opening up for schoolboy q on 6/28. if youre in austin, you should totally buy tickets and support up-and-coming musicians!

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Ha I did a double take when I saw that commercial on tv

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I saw Childish Gambino and Danny Brown last night. I felt bad for Danny Brown because some chuckle gently caress kept yelling "get off of the stage" during the entire act. I thought he did well and put on a good show. My wife and I were jumping around.

Childish put on a great show as usual.

SHINEBLOCKA
Oct 17, 2009

I've got it in for your girlf
I'm all alone at a Drake show on Long Island. This crowd is the worst! How can I make the best of this?

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Don't go to a Drake show.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Broshevik posted:

So I found my old Do You Want More CD and Distortion to Static reaffirmed it's spot as one of my favorite songs. Then I see the roots on Jimmy Fallon and i get kind of sad inside.

yeah when I see people I respect and admire having fun at their day jobs I get all butt hurt and mopey too

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?
I checked back a few pages and didn't see anything. I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvHgxeFRJ-8

I can't get enough of the super simple, clean sound. I know Flying Lotus typically does more abstract beat projects without lyrics or anybody rapping over it, but this is a great exception.

w1ntermute fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 17, 2012

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Regnevelc posted:

I saw Childish Gambino and Danny Brown last night. I felt bad for Danny Brown because some chuckle gently caress kept yelling "get off of the stage" during the entire act. I thought he did well and put on a good show. My wife and I were jumping around.

Childish put on a great show as usual.

I was there too, and I thought it was among the worst shows I've ever been to. The sound quality was miserable, and you couldn't even see the performers unless you muscled your way to the front 10% of the venue. Definitely never going back to that place. I guess the performances were pretty good, but the technical problems and terrible layout made it hard to enjoy them. :(

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Beelzebozo posted:

I was there too, and I thought it was among the worst shows I've ever been to. The sound quality was miserable, and you couldn't even see the performers unless you muscled your way to the front 10% of the venue. Definitely never going back to that place. I guess the performances were pretty good, but the technical problems and terrible layout made it hard to enjoy them. :(

Ah yeah, I got into the second row. I didn't notice the other stuff, but I'm not tuned to listen for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Cannot add a photo, but this will show how close we were... sorry for the blurriness.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread