Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

FreakyZoid posted:

And the pair of adult legs shoved in the fireplace.

They're 1x2 bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Next you'll be saying those aren't really chairs, but collections of red bricks stuck together.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

ManMythLegend posted:

So it looks I'm going to get taken to a Lego Store for Father's day. Bit I can't decide which set I like more, the Vampire Hearse or the Ghost Train. :ohdear: What do you guys think?

Get the hearse. The hearse owns. Should I post pictures of mine to sway you?

The train isn't bad, but everything past the awesome engine is bleh. The front looks awesome, but every car after it is just a lovely funhouse ride. It's disappointing.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Just ordered Earth Defense HQ and Jet-Copter Encounter from Amazon :neckbeard: $72 for the former is a pretty good price, right?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Get the hearse. The hearse owns. Should I post pictures of mine to sway you?

The train isn't bad, but everything past the awesome engine is bleh. The front looks awesome, but every car after it is just a lovely funhouse ride. It's disappointing.

I might need pictures. My gut tells me hearse, but the train has that super sweet ghost vacuum airplane...

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

ManMythLegend posted:

I might need pictures. My gut tells me hearse, but the train has that super sweet ghost vacuum airplane...

Argh why is it only between these two?!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Cause those are the two he or she wants and they would like advice for choosing between those two? What's the problem? Are you super against ghosts or something?

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

thebardyspoon posted:

Cause those are the two he or she wants and they would like advice for choosing between those two? What's the problem? Are you super against ghosts or something?

No. He and I post a lot in GIP so I was just kind of pulling his chain.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

Creepiest set ever!

My God. All the mini-figs are children. LEGO City is run by children.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Here's the haul all of it cost me $120! There are some incomplete sets in there as well, but everything pictured is parted out.

Testro
May 2, 2009
Hot drat, that is hitting the jackpot.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Eh, no 268 Family room. No jackpot.

p.s. Hot drat, that is hitting the jackpot.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
You got a great deal for $120. I love that shuttle carrier.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Yeah for $120 that's basically the jackpot.

Here's the latest on my little project. Underside plating is finished on both sides. Now all I need to do is finish the structure at the nose, in the hanger on the little fantail, and back around the engines. Detail along the inner sides of the hanger as well, if there's room.

As a bonus, I redesigned the bridge, and when I say "I redesigned" I really mean "I shamelessly ripped off the general idea for the star destroyer bridge used by this guy for this model, except I didn't like his scale so I tweaked it. :colbert:"

mynnna fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 14, 2012

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

front wing flexing posted:

Argh why is it only between these two?!

The Sopwith is cool, but I really like mini-fig scale stuff. The child in me I guess.

Plus the Monster Fighters sets all own pretty hard. :colbert:

front wing flexing posted:

No. He and I post a lot in GIP so I was just kind of pulling his chain.

:hfive: We bros.

ManMythLegend fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 14, 2012

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Sharkelberry posted:

Here's the haul all of it cost me $120! There are some incomplete sets in there as well, but everything pictured is parted out.

Nice haul man! Also, I had forgotten how much all of the ice planet space stuff ruled. I need to see if my parents kept my Lego after I went to college, I had like all of those sets.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

ManMythLegend posted:

Nice haul man! Also, I had forgotten how much all of the ice planet space stuff ruled. I need to see if my parents kept my Lego after I went to college, I had like all of those sets.

If your experience is anything like mine you're in for a disappointment.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Now I really need to get some of those plastic drawers for sorting. I'm pretty excited to build a futuristic vacation paradise planet diorama.

I completely forgot about the ice planet series, some of those sets were my favorite things.

I also want to make a Lego version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QNDycDirxA

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I want to make a £20 impulse buy tomorrow, based on some recommendations in this thread I've got it narrowed down to: Lex Power Armour, Deadpool Chopper or Garbage Truck. Which do you reckon is the best in terms of unique parts and build enjoyment? I'll probably end up getting the remaining 2 on pay day anyways.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

beato posted:

I want to make a £20 impulse buy tomorrow, based on some recommendations in this thread I've got it narrowed down to: Lex Power Armour, Deadpool Chopper or Garbage Truck. Which do you reckon is the best in terms of unique parts and build enjoyment? I'll probably end up getting the remaining 2 on pay day anyways.

Chopper all the way.

I don't even see a conundrum, to be honest. Three coolest Marvel minifigs they've put out AND a helicopter? C'mon.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Superman, Lex Luthor (business suit Luthor no less), Wonder Woman and a well articulated suit of armour with a bubble dome and cool laser gun would beg to differ I'm afraid.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Figures are good in the Chopper if you like the characters. The Chopper itself doesn't do much for me but it's got a few interesting parts. Power Armour is pretty cool and unusual, I like it but have no real interest in the characters (it's also £15 on Amazon). Can't comment on the Garbage truck, I have no real interest in the current city stuff.

So, in conclusion... Vampire Hearse.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Flip a coin on the power armor and helicopter. They're both great.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Gravy Jones posted:

So, in conclusion... Vampire Hearse.

This is better than the Chopper.

I forgot that the Chopper comes with Wolverine and not the Hulk, which makes it a tiny bit less cool.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Arnold of Soissons posted:

This is better than the Chopper.

I forgot that the Chopper comes with Wolverine and not the Hulk, which makes it a tiny bit less cool.

What coolness ratio puts the hulk above Wolverine? I'll put my vote towards the power armor.

I also just picked up the Uruk-Hai army on impulse, its a grade A set. Awesome figures and a great piece selection.

tikan
Apr 30, 2009
Power Armor is best there is.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Get both the Chopper and the Hearse, use the Hearse to launch Wolverine at the Chopper all day long. You're welcome.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Chiming in for the garbage truck.
It's one of the only sources for that particular shade of green right now.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Ingram posted:

If any goons are in Vic area maybe we can get a group buy happening? I know I will be ordering 2 myself.

If there are significant savings to be had, I'd be for this.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

MaliciousOnion posted:

If there are significant savings to be had, I'd be for this.

You can add my name to the list, too.

Although I'm sure there will be people selling the Haunted House for close to RRP on eBay once it is released in the USA / UK. The other Monster Fighter sets have been available online since they were first released.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Well, that dream is over, my application wasn't selected for an interview. So, despite two years retail experience, full availability, experience working with kids and a passion for the product I wasn't who they were looking for.

Th_
Nov 29, 2008
So I took the plunge, haven't owned any legos for maybe 16 years, but decided to order the Unimog. Lego has come such a long way since I was a kid! Are there any other must-have type technic sets to round out the collection in terms of just building random machines?

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Th_ posted:

So I took the plunge, haven't owned any legos for maybe 16 years, but decided to order the Unimog. Lego has come such a long way since I was a kid! Are there any other must-have type technic sets to round out the collection in terms of just building random machines?

Hey another technic fan!

8070 Supercar, if you like cars it is a must have and still in production so easy to get.

8043 Excavator, amazing power function set has 4 m motors, 2 IR sensors, 2 remotes and should be out of production soon it may be expensive but thats due to the high number of power function parts, also has 4 Liner actuators and a bunch of tracks.

8069 Backhoe, for a under $100 set it packs in a bunch of functions and looks great.

9397 Logging truck, While its functions aren't great it gives you a great set of parts and is easy to modify. the little brother to 8285 and 8258.

9395 Pickup, I liked this set and picked it up for $70. It is a great little truck. It is one of my favorite sets this year just because they got the body style.

9394 Jet plane, I bought this just because I haven't had a technic plane and it was neat. Is very different from the other technic stuff but its nice and red and between it and the 8070 supercar you have almost enough panels to do anything you want with a car/truck body.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

I also got back into Technic recently, starting with the 8070 super car, which is probably still my favorite technic set.

As mentioned, the 8043 excavator is super neat. The motorized functions work better than I expected, and building the gear case for it was super fun. It was pricey, but totally worth it for the IR functions and motors.

The unimog is also a great set, and since it's the most recent technic flagship there are tons of instructions out there to customize and tweak it. There's a 75+ page thread on the eurobricks forums with add on ideas, tweaks, and some instructions.

Make sure you check out B-models, you can download the instructions on lego's site. The B-model for the logging truck is tons better than the logging truck itself, I think. The B-model for 8043 is also worth trying out.

TriggerHappy fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 15, 2012

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Sharkelberry posted:

You stole my thunder :( . Went to garage sales today and ended up with these two for $30. (Sorry for hugeness)

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?
Nice. I always wanted that Creator truck but could never find it on sale.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
$30 for that truck is great, it was $120 and I could never justify it even when it was on sale for $90. Like most of the stuff in the past 2 years stuff isn't lasting more than a year it seems so I have to prioritize what I must have before its discontinued. I wish I picked up more of the $6 alien conquest set but I couldn't find any more after the first few months of it being on the shelf.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

ManMythLegend posted:

What a killer score. Now pick out all the sets you like and sell the scraps for 3 or 4 times what you paid :)

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Sloppy posted:

What a killer score. Now pick out all the sets you like and sell the scraps for 3 or 4 times what you paid :)

That's what I'm thinking ;)

I am in the middle of a move now so I don't have much time to mess with it just yet. As far as organizing goes, where should I start looking for those plastic drawer things I see posted? I assume places like Wallmart/Meijer's has them, but I'm wondering if there a better option that I am unaware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Aww yeah, it's gonna be a fun weekend!