Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I just started getting into craft beer lately after starting with New Glarus (I'm in wisconsin) and I'm really surprised at what I can find at random gas stations. Just went to a gas station that had three floyds, sixpoint, bell's, and founders (only Dirty Bastard though, which I don't really enjoy). I just wish more places had build your own six packs as I really have no idea what I'm getting. I have noticed that a lot of places are putting the ratebeer scores next to each beer, which is nice.

What got me started was Moon Man by New Glarus, and trying to find other beers like it. Have Tried Dale's Pale Ale, Alaskan IPA, and sierra neveda pale ale, but so far haven't found anything that I like better then Moon Man.

Just picked up Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and next I'll be trying out the three floyds that they had. Might try the sixpoint, but at $10 a 4 pack it seems a bit pricey. Wish I could find some more founders, would really like to try that breakfast stout.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Harminoff posted:

Might try the sixpoint, but at $10 a 4 pack it seems a bit pricey.

Keep in mind that they are, except Resin, 16 ounce cans. I recommend Apollo, Resin, and Bengali Tiger by them. Just be careful with their dates though, they put a "Best Before January 29, 2013" on the Bengali Tiger I had that was canned recently. If this were drank in January of 2013 I would have been very disappointed. I think Resin uses a canned on date though.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Angry Grimace posted:

What acids are you referring to? The only acid I'm aware of that skunks beer are isomerized alpha acids.

*Sigh*

Acids from the hops you're using in addition to tetra-isoalphaacid extract. If all you're using is that extract, your beer won't skunk, because the tetra- structure won't produce the stinky thiol groups upon light exposure.

But it doesn't have a protective effect, so if you're using the extract *in additional* to other sources of alpha acids, like conventional pellets or flowers or non-tetra extracts, then the beer can still skunk.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Harminoff posted:

Just picked up Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and next I'll be trying out the three floyds that they had. Might try the sixpoint, but at $10 a 4 pack it seems a bit pricey. Wish I could find some more founders, would really like to try that breakfast stout.

just so you know, Founders Breakfast Stout is $10 a four-pack- there are plenty of people that would gladly trade you for some New Glarus, though.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Sirotan posted:

If you were wanting some, I could probably bring some from MI and sell it to you at cost if you are coming to the tasting. Pretty sure I saw some on the shelf the last time I was beer shopping.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make it to the tasting. Thanks though.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Wow this Two Hearted Ale is really good, I can see why it's rated so highly. I had to stop myself from chugging it down. I bet a lot of random people miss out on it as the bottle doesn't make it look all that great. Same with Dale's Pale Ale.

Also, my uncle just opened a brewery in mechesney park,IL. Check it out if you are in the area. It's an all vegan food menu though. http://www.pigmindsbrewing.com/index.php?page=home-2

funkybottoms posted:

just so you know, Founders Breakfast Stout is $10 a four-pack- there are plenty of people that would gladly trade you for some New Glarus, though.

I was thinking of doing some beer mails as I know a few of the Wisconsin places are not available out of state. Is there an SA Brew Crew that lists what people are able to get, and what they want?

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 13, 2012

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants

Harminoff posted:

I bet a lot of random people miss out on it as the bottle doesn't make it look all that great. Same with Dale's Pale Ale.

Label art really can be deceiving in that respect. Weyerbacher, for example, has labels/logo that you could make with MS Paint, but make a pretty solid lineup of beers.

I hadn't even thought about Oskar Blues' label art because I know them by reputation (ALL their beers are good), but I guess if I didn't know any better I wouldn't assume. I actually like Bell's label art, but I guess I wouldn't normally associate trout with delicious IPA.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Harminoff posted:

I was thinking of doing some beer mails as I know a few of the Wisconsin places are not available out of state. Is there an SA Brew Crew that lists what people are able to get, and what they want?

There is indeed a beer trade thread. NG stuff is pretty desirable because of it's exclusivity, though i personally think the only world-class things they make are their fruit beers. I've had some downright terrible things from them and most things are just good.

Good call on Two Hearted. If I were forced to pick one beer to drink for the rest of my life, it'd be that. It's pretty much perfect in every way.

Rebate-for-computer-stuff card just went to Whole Foods on a 4-pack of Arcadia's Imperial Stout. I'm not sure if I've ever had anything from them except Cereal Killer given how expensive they are. And this IS is... bitter. Very bitter. Says 90 IBUs and it means it. Not sure what I think of it...

danbanana fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 13, 2012

Kosher man
May 8, 2002

Phanatic posted:

*Sigh*

Acids from the hops you're using in addition to tetra-isoalphaacid extract. If all you're using is that extract, your beer won't skunk, because the tetra- structure won't produce the stinky thiol groups upon light exposure.

But it doesn't have a protective effect, so if you're using the extract *in additional* to other sources of alpha acids, like conventional pellets or flowers or non-tetra extracts, then the beer can still skunk.

Yes because we all know High life is known for it's dry hop aroma.

So they have posted the first part of the beer list for the cruise. Hmmm What to drink first.

LISTA UFFICIALE DI "UN MARE DI BIRRA 2012"

1 BIERKOMPASS
- Freigeist Mac Heath's Murder Malt
- Freigeist / Bayerischer Bahnhof Geisterzug Gose
- Freigeist / Fritz Ale Noah's Choice I
- Freigeist / Fritz Ale Noah's Choice II
- Freigeist Портър Kirschendorf
- Freigeist Лайпцигер Гозе Quittelsdorf
- Freigeist Лайпцигер Гозе Orange County
- Freigeist Лайпцигер Гозе Johannisberg
- Freigeist Лайпцигер Гозе Hollerland
- Fritz Ale Belgian Style IPA
- Fritz Ale Eiche Stout
- Fritz Ale Imperial Stout
- Fritz Ale IPA, special
- Fritz Ale Kaffee Stout
- Fritz Ale Peated
- Hertie Dry-hopped Lambik, special 1
- Hertie Dry-hopped Lambik, special 2

2 T'ARENDSNEST
DeMolen Larie&Apekool 11%
De Molen Vuur&Vlaam Extra Gehopt 6,2°
Emelisse Hoppie Mikkie 7°
Emelisse IRS Ardbeg 11°
Emelisse Nieuw Zeeuws 6,4°
Jopen Tempelbier 6°
Jopen Meesterstuk 10°
Jopen Jacobus RPA 5,3°
Christoffel Bier 6°
Christoffel Nobel 8,7°

3 SHERWOOD
Lambrate Gaina 6°
Lambrate Ligera 4,7°
Lambrate Ghisa 5°
Amiata Ryeccomi 6,2°
Bayerischer Bahnhof Gose 4,6°
Bayerischer Bahnhof Pils 5°
Bayerischer Bahnhof Goseator 10,5°
Bi-Du Saltinmalto 4,5°
Bi-Du Du-Bi-Du 6°
Bi-Du ArtigianAle 6,2°
Bi-Du Saaz of Anarchy 4,5°
Bi-Du S.O.D.
Del Forte 2 cilindri 5,3°
Del Forte Gassa d'Amante 4,5°
Montegioco Seclè (blend di botti di Rurale Garbagnina e Demon Hunter) 6°
Montegioco Scassona rossa 8°
Montegioco Runa 4,8°
Montegioco Demon Hunter 8,5°

4 MA CHE SIETE VENUTI A FA
Stillwater Table Beer 4,7°
Stillwater Stateside Saison 6,8°
Stillwater/Mikkeller Two Gypsies Our Side
Stillwater Cellar Door 6,6°
Stillwater Exsistent 7,4°
Stillwater As Follows 9°
Stillwater Debutante 6,4°
Stillwater Kopstookjie 6,5°
Stillwater Barrel Aged Debauched
The Perfect Crime American Blonde 6,5°
The Perfect Crime European Blonde 6,5°
Loverbeer Dama Brun-a 2011 6,7°
Loverbeer D'uva Beer 2011 8°
Lervig Rye IPA 8,5°
Lervig Lucky Jack 4,7°
Fanø/Tired Hands Tuff Ghost
Evil Twin DEVFFC, MQAL9.8 9°
Evil Twin Soft DK 10°
Steel City Queen Anne's Revenge 5.7%
Steel City Emperor 8.7% Imperial Stout
Steel City Rufus' honey IPA 6.8% Honey IPA
Steel City Vane Tempest 4.8%, pale & hoppy
Steel City All at Sea 2, 2.7%, hoppy red beer
Foglie d'Erba Cherry Lady
Foglie d'Erba Naranjito
Foglie d'Erba Babél
Selezione Turan, Emiliano, Stavio

5 LA CAPSULE
Craig Allan Agent Provocateur 6,5
Craig Allan Cuvée d'Oscar 7,5
Annoeullin Lepers 8 8,0
Annoeullin Angelus 7,0
Dupont Moinette Bons voeux 9,5
Spécial Belge 8,5
Fleurac Amérindienne 5,0
Fleurac Octo-pyroplastique 24°
Thiriez Dalva 8,5
Thiriez Etoile du Nord 5,5
Thiriez Rouge Flamande 5,8
Garrigues Frappadingue 7,5
Garrigues Hivern'ale 11,2
Struise Five Square 25°
Struise AA 20,00 4,0
Struise Witte 5,0
Struise/Three Floyds Shark Pants 9,0
Struise Pannepot Special Reserve 10,0

6 THE DOME
BREWFIST XRAY Imp Porter
BREWFIST 2 LATE Imp. Ipa NEW per nave
ENDORAMA CALIBAN Tripel
ENDORAMA GOLCONDA Kolsch
VALCAVALLINA SUNFLOWER Golden Ale
VALCAVALLINA CAVALLINA Blonde Ale
DEL FORTE 2 CILINDRI Porter
DEL FORTE GASSA D'AMANTE Blonde Ale
VIA PRIULA ROSA birra ai lamponi
VIA PRIULA LOERTIS Bohemian pils
VIA PRIULA CAMOZ Imp. Stout
TOCCALMATTO ITALIAN RYEOT Rey Ipa
TOCCALMATTO B SPACE INVADER Black ipa
TOCCALMATTO ZONA CESARINI Pacific Ipa
BALADIN NORA speziata
BALADIN ELIXIR Strong Ale
BALADIN XYAUYU fumè affinata in botte di Caol Ila
SAN PAOLO ROBINIA Blonde Ale con miele
SAN PAOLO IPE' CELEBRATION Apa

7 MOEDER LAMBIC
Assemblage de lambic (Tilquin)
Gueuze (Tilquin)
Lambic (Cantillon)
Gueuze (Cantillon)
Kriek (Cantillon)
Vigneronne (Cantillon)
St-Lanvinus (Cantillon)
Brussel Calling (De la Senne)
Zwart Piet (De la Senne)
Band of Brother (De la Senne & Moeder Lambic)
XX Bitter (De Ranke)
28 (Caulier)
Caulier Triple (Caulier)
La Larme Blanche (Paradis)
Sylvicious (Paradis)
Sylvi stache (Paradis)
Fouettarde (Matten)
Saison Quindicci (BFM)
Cuvree (BFM)
Abbaye St Bon Chien (BFM)
Meule (BFM)

Captain Payne
Sep 27, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Inaction Jackson posted:

I second this advice. Making your own six packs is how I've been learning more about beer. It is slightly more expensive but really isn't bad - the ones I get usually run right around $10. The way I think about it, you'll save money in the long run because it'll keep you from buying a six pack, deciding that you don't like the beer, and then having 5 beers that you don't know what to do with.

I would say try a bunch of different styles first, find out which one you like, and then as danbanana says just try the styles you like from as many different breweries. Cast a wide net - find out if you generally like really dark beers or light beers or browns or IPAs.

Thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and bought a mixed sixpack at a local grocery store today with some of the recommendations from this thread.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.
I think Mikkeller/Three Floyds mislabeled Boogoop as a wheatwine, this is a double IPA in disguise. Ratebeer has this at 80 IBUs and they are shining through despite this being from August of 2011, 10 months old. The aroma is a bit grassy with citrus and pine coming through and the flavor is primarily mildly spicy pine into sweet honey and caramel on the finish. I guess I'm just surprised at how hoppy this is, though I have had Bigfoot so it's not the first hop-forward barleywine I've had, I guess I'm more surprised at how much hop presence is still here.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Kosher man posted:

Insane list of beer

How much time on the boat will you actually have access to the beer? Just trying to get a grasp for the cruise's format, ie: is it set up like a beer festival, or are there tappings/tasting sessions for a couple hours at a time? Depending on the language barrier, I'm seriously considering doing this or the Copenhagen Beer Celebration next year since I have a crapton of airline miles to use.

Kosher man
May 8, 2002
I think taps open at 9am and last until about 4am. We are on the boat Sat until 6:30 or 7am sunday and then back on the boat about 10pm Monday until 7am Tuesday. Price is about 200 Euros per person and that is just for the Room. All you can drink. Gonna be a great weekend.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

crazyfish posted:

Did I completely miss Jolly Pumpkin Biere de Mars in Chicago? I heard people talking about how good it was, but I haven't seen it on the shelves *anywhere*, and JP usually doesn't fly off like crazy barrel aged stouts.

Andersonville Wine and Spirits usually has it in the back room. Also, last time I was at Hopleaf they had it on the menu. That was two or so months ago, so I dunno how accurate my info still is.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Chicagoans: Saison-brett ETA is next week.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

mysterious frankie posted:

Andersonville Wine and Spirits usually has it in the back room. Also, last time I was at Hopleaf they had it on the menu. That was two or so months ago, so I dunno how accurate my info still is.

Thanks! I'll check out Andersonville next time I'm up there.

ShaneB posted:

Glad I probably won't have as hard a time finding it as I did Parabola. At least I think so.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

ShaneB posted:

Ooh lala. I love nearly everything Boulevard has done. I will keep 'em peeled.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
For those in Denver this weekend, Great Divide is celebrating their birthday on Saturday. They will be having special brews on tap along with their normal beers.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Whoops. Wrong thread.

Although I suppose the only other commercial beer related news I've got is that I'm heading down to buy a couple bombers of Ballast Point's Dorado DIPA this week. I don't recall having had it in recent memory, but I don't have huge expectations, given the last time it was on, I recall it being extremely bitter and not too great.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 13, 2012

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Got a Taste Victory case. Contains 4 each of Golden Monkey, Hop Devil, and Prima Pils. Pretty drat solid case if you ask me. It's nice to see a brewery fill their cases with all good beers, instead of the usual eight good beers and then four of the unpopular, crappy one.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

CalvinDooglas posted:

Got a Taste Victory case. Contains 4 each of Golden Monkey, Hop Devil, and Prima Pils. Pretty drat solid case if you ask me. It's nice to see a brewery fill their cases with all good beers, instead of the usual eight good beers and then four of the unpopular, crappy one.

I dig the Great Lakes sampler pack. Eliot Ness, Dortmunder Gold, Edmund Fitzgerald, and Burning River. Not a bad one in the bunch, and the former three are near the best of their respective styles, in my opinion.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

CalvinDooglas posted:

:ssh: Golden Monkey is the crappy one.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

deadwing posted:

I don't care for Golden Monkey much either. It's certainly not horrible, but I'm pretty particular about my Belgians and Belgian-styles.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

I don't find anything wrong with Golden Monkey. It's nothing special for the style, but it's not like when a brewery throws in their anonymous brown ale to fill out a 12er.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I've had a few Belgian beers in my day. It's never really been a style I liked at all. I tried a Matilda tonight....just didn't like it. Do all Belgians taste like flower tea?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Mahoning posted:

I've had a few Belgian beers in my day. It's never really been a style I liked at all. I tried a Matilda tonight....just didn't like it. Do all Belgians taste like flower tea?

Well, I mean, "Belgian" isn't a style.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Mahoning posted:

Huh, never heard them described as flower tea... I used to really dislike them too. Thought they tasted like rotting fruit. Somehow- and the reason is lost to me forever- it became a Friday staple to drink a Chimay at the bar first thing after work, which primed my palate to enjoy various Belgian styles, and now I can scarcely get enough. Your mileage may vary, of course.

E:Golden Monkey is inoffensive, but nothing special. It also inhabits the sweet spot of the smashed-to-cost ratio, at least for a craft beers.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 14, 2012

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

mysterious frankie posted:

E:Golden Monkey is inoffensive, but nothing special. It also inhabits the sweet spot of the smashed-to-cost ratio, at least for a craft beers.

Haha, yeah. I was hanging out with a friend and he had a huge amount of Golden Monkeys around because no one in his family really liked them. I had the enviable task of drinking through something like eight in a night. That was a good night, and you know, after all that, I think I quite like Golden Monkey.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Mahoning posted:

Flower tea sounds like an enviable description, at least for a lighter belgian style. I had a Matilda once a couple years ago, but it was obviously infected when I opened. Tasted like a decent Belgian pale (maybe?), with sort of a tangy overlay that didn't really fit. I gave my beer store a heads up on it, which was a major score for the guy working that shift, as they are not allowed to sell infected beer... to customers.

If you want to get technical, beer is, in a way, "flower tea". The Hop cones are the Hop plant's equivalent of flowers, and raw hop cones have petals. They are like little pine cones made of green petals, boiled into sweet water.

Try something like Duvel or Abbey de Rocs Brun, and you will know if you enjoy "belgian" beers.

CalvinDooglas fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 14, 2012

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Went to the local grocery store to see what new stuff they had in as they have been expanding their selection recently. Saw they had Hop Stoopid for $4.50, but didn't know anything about it and didn't have my phone to check on beeradvocate.com

Kind of upset that I didn't grab it as the reviews compare it to Pliney the elder, which I doubt I'll ever be able to get.

I ended up picking up some New Belgium Ranger, which is decent. Will be picking up the Hop Stoopid on Sunday.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Harminoff posted:

Went to the local grocery store to see what new stuff they had in as they have been expanding their selection recently. Saw they had Hop Stoopid for $4.50, but didn't know anything about it and didn't have my phone to check on beeradvocate.com

Kind of upset that I didn't grab it as the reviews compare it to Pliney the elder, which I doubt I'll ever be able to get.

I ended up picking up some New Belgium Ranger, which is decent. Will be picking up the Hop Stoopid on Sunday.
Drink all the Lagunitas all the time. If you mess up and get one of their mediocre ones, no harm, no foul, because I don't think anyone sells west coast style beer for as cheap as they do.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Harminoff posted:

If you haven't checked out other bomber prices, know that literally anything is worth $4.50/22oz, especially Lagunitas bombers. I'm not always that into the beer, but the price can't be beat. Hop Stoopid is actually pretty good.

And Ranger is pretty good, it was a great low-cost IPA when I lived in CO.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
As a preface, don't bite my head off guys!

The other night I tried Rogue Dead Guy from a bottle and I enjoyed it a lot. But everyone around here says that Rogue is mid tier at best when it comes to that style of beer, so does anyone have any top-level beers to share next time I build a six pack? Also, any good wits? Victory has the Whirlwind but that appears to be a spring seasonal and I missed it.

I'm receptive towards some asskicking high ABV dark beers as well. Basically just throw some good names out for me, the shop around here has a pretty big selection all things considered.

I live in PA.

Cromlech fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 14, 2012

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

escape artist posted:

I used to see Biere de Mars in my store (in FL) all the time! Like, it never sold because it was so expensive, so you'd see bottles of it (and a lot of their beers) just sitting around collecting dust forever.

I find this happens with a lot of the Lips of Faith series. I constantly find older bottles of beer on the shelf because the price point is high for what even craft beer drinkers are used to.

Not that it's a bad thing that I can find two year old La Folie on the shelf. I'm still finding Cocoa Mole on the shelf and I'm loving it.

Went and found this sucker today

Was pretty drat good at first, but I'm having trouble finishing the last 3/4ths of this 10.8% hoppy bastard bomber.

Recommend it, but have a buddy there to share it with. It'll ruin palates, alright.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

deadwing posted:

I was going to say they can't put in a lovely toss off beer because Victory doesn't make one, but Monkey is my least favorite out of those, too.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Cromlech posted:

As a preface, don't bite my head off guys!

I live in PA.

Dead Guy is a Maibock, which isn't terribly common among US breweries. But, you should be able to find some good German ones: Ayinger Maibock, Ayinger Celebrator doppelbock, Smuttynose apparently makes a maibock I've never heard of...

Go to a helping friendly liquor store and ask about their German Bocks. You may enjoy Marzen, doppelbock, and Oktoberfest, as they are all similar styles.

And since you're in PA, you can always get some Victory. I recommend the 12 pack.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Definitely second S'Muttonator. For PA, Troegenator is a good one, but I think it might be out of season (bock/doppelbock season's usually late winter/early spring) at this point?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

CalvinDooglas posted:

Dead Guy is a Maibock, which isn't terribly common among US breweries. But, you should be able to find some good German ones: Ayinger Maibock, Ayinger Celebrator doppelbock, Smuttynose apparently makes a maibock I've never heard of...

Go to a helping friendly liquor store and ask about their German Bocks. You may enjoy Marzen, doppelbock, and Oktoberfest, as they are all similar styles.

And since you're in PA, you can always get some Victory. I recommend the 12 pack.

I think Sierra Nevada's maibock, Glissade, is surprisingly good.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

air- posted:

Definitely second S'Muttonator. For PA, Troegenator is a good one, but I think it might be out of season (bock/doppelbock season's usually late winter/early spring) at this point?

Troegenator is a year round beer and I really enjoy it as well!

@Cromlech, try to find Sixpoint Apollo, Victory Whirlwind Wit, and Dogfish Head Namaste, they are all good wits and even though they are seasonals the style doesn't really degrade that fast, I had a 2011 Namaste last month and it's still great. Whirlwind Wit doesn't move to fast, at least not around here, so you should be able to find some still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Hoegaarden is one of my favorite wits. American-wise, Ommegang Witte and Allagash White are good. St. Bernardus' is great but waaay expensive. Then there's Weihenstephaner Hefe which owns bones, but not technically a weissbier.