Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Am I the only one reminded of this now because of the flying clown thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Stare-Out posted:

Spidey and his realdoll.

"Look deep into my nose and tell me you love me."

Also, that Branded poster may be ripping off something or other, but it's doing its job because I really want to know more.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zenintrude posted:

The poster isn't great, but it did get me to watch the trailer, so score for them I guess.

I'm down for They Live 2, why not?

It took me a bit to realize what this movie was (I haven't seen the trailer). This is the movie about the returning ad exec who sees aliens psychically feeding on people's anxieties driven by advertising, so he sets out to create a war between them by setting brand against brand? The strange imagery in the poster are the aliens, who look like various advertising mascots and brands.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Young Freud posted:

It took me a bit to realize what this movie was (I haven't seen the trailer). This is the movie about the returning ad exec who sees aliens psychically feeding on people's anxieties driven by advertising, so he sets out to create a war between them by setting brand against brand?

That appears to be the gist of it, yea.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zenintrude posted:

That appears to be the gist of it, yea.

Yeah, a friend of mine was talking about it at a party recently and I hadn't made the connection until you mentioned the "They Live" reference.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Okay, suddenly I'm very interested.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is the star of this movie also a professional wrestler?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Young Freud posted:

It took me a bit to realize what this movie was (I haven't seen the trailer). This is the movie about the returning ad exec who sees aliens psychically feeding on people's anxieties driven by advertising, so he sets out to create a war between them by setting brand against brand? The strange imagery in the poster are the aliens, who look like various advertising mascots and brands.

This sounds great, poster is doing its job I guess!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mister Chief posted:

Is the star of this movie also a professional wrestler?

I don't know about that, but in the trailer he looks like a young, yuppier Bruce Campbell.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Young Freud posted:

Man, there's no way it can live up to this premise.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Man, there's no way it can live up to this premise.

The trailer seems pretty promising, if that's worth anything to you.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Wasn't there a Treehouse of Horror episode which was basically that plot?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mister Chief posted:

Wasn't there a Treehouse of Horror episode which was basically that plot?

That guarantee is void in Tennessee. Just don’t look

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

bobkatt013 posted:

That guarantee is void in Tennessee. Just don’t look

Oh my God it popped into my head the same way :allears:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Although this is a lazily done poster, I do like the symbolism attempted in it. You know what the movie is about just from the visuals alone.

It would have been nice to make them all on a transporter or somewhere other than just the middle of space.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That looks like the cover of a book you would find in a bin outside a second hand store for 99¢.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mister Chief posted:

That looks like the cover of a book you would find in a bin outside a second hand store for 99¢.

Yeah. like I said I get what they were going for, but they really did not put much effort into it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also wish they would use this poster more often for ALVH in my area, I like it far more than the ones the other ones.

http://www.impawards.com/2012/posters/abraham_lincoln_vampire_hunter_ver2.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

New poster for V/H/S

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

New poster for V/H/S

Was right about to post that. I'm friends with the movie's creators and I really wanted to like that poster, but they should've went with an actual VHS tape instead of the almost 8-bit looking skull.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

ruddiger posted:

Was right about to post that. I'm friends with the movie's creators and I really wanted to like that poster, but they should've went with an actual VHS tape instead of the almost 8-bit looking skull.

Yeah, I like the concept but, you're right, the 8-bit aspect of it makes the skull look too cartoony.

I loved that poster they had for its festival appearance. Just white poster board with a VHS taped to it and V/H/S sharpied above it.

Didn't AxleBlaze win one of those?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really like that VHS poster, but that might be because seeing a giant wall of tapes like that is giving me flashbacks to my parents closet in the mid 90's. So many movies taped off of TV...

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
To be honest, my first thought was that is was a spartan helmet.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here are two more posters I like the first is VIPS, a brazilian film about one of the biggest frauds in the world happened by important people in Brazil around the 1980s.

I really like how all the different personas the character creates in the film compose the actors main face, though we have seen this done on a grander scale with films like Truman, Lord of War and others, I somewhat prefer this style as it actually ties into the plot and feel of the movie.

The second is for an upcoming movie my brother's highschool classmate is the producer/director for. In essence its a B-level horror/slasher film. I believe its actually hand drawn and not created via photoshop. I liked it due to its nod to the older slasher movies that came before it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Uba Stij posted:

The second is for an upcoming movie my brother's highschool classmate is the producer/director for. In essence its a B-level horror/slasher film. I believe its actually hand drawn and not created via photoshop. I liked it due to its nod to the older slasher movies that came before it.

This is awesome, and I really love that they didn't go with the stereotypical fake fold-marks. It's the little details, really.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uba Stij posted:

This has been posted before and it is indeed pretty awesome.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This has been posted before and it is indeed pretty awesome.

Ah I must have missed that, my mistake.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uba Stij posted:

Ah I must have missed that, my mistake.

No worries, it's not like you posted this

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No worries, it's not like you posted this

I haven't seen that poster yet, I can't say I dislike it, but to me the desk looks completely fake, and that Snow really isn't in that setting.

edit - actually scratch that, I dislike that poster, it looks way too fake, though knowing how relatively small the production company is that made the film, I'm not too surprised. Hopefully they just stick with the nostalgic poster.

Again, not certain if this one has been posted but this poster for Tropa De Elite 1 & 2 I like, mostly because its the official logo of the BOPE (a real police division in Rio De Janeiro) which is what the film is all about.

They also use the same font/style for the title as they did for the first movie

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 15, 2012

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Uba Stij posted:

This is brilliant and Jeffery Combs is one of my favorite actors, I'm totally in.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Young Freud posted:

I think the discussion that starts here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3342275&pagenumber=47&perpage=40#post395784205

Would make for a much better advertisements-in-your-head movie.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Uba Stij posted:

Elite squad poster

gently caress that movie in the eye and gently caress the marketers for trying to leech off of City of God. It's not even in the same league.

Also, I'd recommend using a free image uploader like https://www.imgur.com rather than leeching unless you want a probation.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

The actual movie appears to be more Glee than Bridesmaids, but after the Glee concert film and the (probably) Glee-influenced Joyful Noise flopped, Universal apparently wants to go for a different angle.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Let me guess, the fat girl is the comedic relief, the black girl responds to everything with a sassy "mmmhmmm" or "daaaaaaamn girl!" and the Asian girl is going to be little more than background window dressing.

Get pitch slapped? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. gently caress you.

Edit: Please note that this is entirely my impression from the poster.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 15, 2012

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Really, Anna Kendrick can't find better roles than this and that what to know when you're expecting movie?

Although the guy from Workaholics is awesome.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Xandu posted:

Really, Anna Kendrick can't find better roles than this and that what to know when you're expecting movie?
Her career trajectory post-Oscar nomination definitely has not been what I'd expected.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

I only know her from Up in the Air and 50/50, but she's drat good in both. Any of her older stuff worth checking out?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vagabundo posted:

gently caress that movie in the eye and gently caress the marketers for trying to leech off of City of God. It's not even in the same league.

Also, I'd recommend using a free image uploader like https://www.imgur.com rather than leeching unless you want a probation.

I don't think anyone ever said TdE was the same league as CoG or anything along those lines. And your argument would mean no one should have gone to see Inception because it was just leeching off of Batman Begins & The Dark Knight by the marketers.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

csidle posted:

I only know her from Up in the Air and 50/50, but she's drat good in both. Any of her older stuff worth checking out?

She has a really good performance in Rocket Science