Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

r.i.p. goontown

Now I feel stupid for not saving anything from there. RIP GOONBOX :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I intend to either win this contest or get my account suspended trying. It's gonna be a tough thing to get right, and I'm gonna need to use that Retro Sci-Fi pack I didn't want to touch, but like it or not that contest is gonna get a visit from Goat Seer.

Loving NO.

Evil Z fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 15, 2012

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

^^^^^
You hosed up. (EDIT: Oh good lord.)

Catsworth posted:

Oh. I thought that was just a new set. Didn't find it that interesting. :smith:

Ah well, thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's just a pair of sets, Feral Might and Primal Fury or something. I haven't seen anything to support a whole new archetype.

Patware fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 15, 2012

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

r.i.p. goontown

If Puck decides he's done with it I think I'll put a new board up somewhere. I certainly have the time being all crippy and disabled, and not having anyone with admin privileges there made it hard to actually do anything when someone couldn't post or whatever.

Cleretic posted:

Goat Seer.

Bare costume, flesh colored undies, red bunny tail, use the Catch Breath emote to bend over

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Evil Z posted:

Gently Caressing NO.

Lurk more.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Guys don't be such rear ends in top hats to the new guy.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Cuchulain posted:

Lurk more.

Over a year wasn't long enough?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Evil Z posted:

Over a year wasn't long enough?

In the interest of cutting to the point, you're allowed to say 'gently caress', gently caress is a wordfilter and bright shiny flag.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Also "loving" would be "loving" instead. :eng101:

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Patware posted:

In the interest of cutting to the point, you're allowed to say 'gently caress', gently caress is a wordfilter and bright shiny flag.

Noted.

It's been several years since I posted here on my personal account, many apologies.

Edit: And I may be allowed to per the forum rules, however as I am here in an unofficial/official capacity, I'll refrain.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
I have no idea what you're saying. Stop being weird weird guy. :psyduck:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
(he's Zwillinger)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is that a CoH forums persona? I hear "Zwill" mentioned all the time. Whodat?

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just want to be loved.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

He's our mole in the CoH dev team.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Fearless_Decoy posted:

He's our mole in the CoH dev team.

Not taking back my sass. :colbert: I ain't no fake-rear end busta

don't delete my account i'll never do it again

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Patware posted:

Not taking back my sass. :colbert: I ain't no fake-rear end busta

don't delete my account i'll never do it again

Pfft...deleting your account would probably result in you not playing. I want you to keep playing!

Now freezing all of your characters in place in Pocket D on the other hand...

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Evil Z posted:

Pfft...deleting your account would probably result in you not playing. I want you to keep playing!

Didn't you see the pocket D bingo sheet a few pages back? That place is a blast. And if you put a shot glass on each square, well...

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Pesterchum posted:

Didn't you see the pocket D bingo sheet a few pages back? That place is a blast. And if you put a shot glass on each square, well...

Don't drink and visit Pocket D kids. Who knows the horrors that could happen. :gonk:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

Don't drink and visit Pocket D kids. Who knows the horrors that could happen. :gonk:

I wish I had a gif of that npc who stands in a corner of Pocket D endlessly vomiting.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

So made my MEME COSTUME now I just need to remember to actually show up as I never remember this poo poo.

Also we gotta buy Z an avatar, loving poopoo.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Evil Z posted:

... would get him reported for griefing. It's a plan of pure, cruel genius!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Since Zwill is paying attention to the thread, I will ask my often asked question- who do I report the Wrecker Bots in Praetoria to for copyright infringement? I had that name in 2004 :colbert:

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Pez posted:

Since Zwill is paying attention to the thread, I will ask my often asked question- who do I report the Wrecker Bots in Praetoria to for copyright infringement? I had that name in 2004 :colbert:

I'm always paying attention.

But not to you...never to you.

(kidding...who are you again?)

You may direct such claims to our legal department. I'm sure they'll get back to you in a timely manner.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Issue 23 was a serious snoozefest, so it didn't cause the usual spike in people coming back to the game

It was also a lot of 50(+3) content, which is accessible to a relatively small portion of the player base. CoX thankfully doesn't have the problem FF11 had with sometime like 80% of its player base being at the level cap, so they only release high level content (note: been years since I checked this, may no longer be true).

I suspect this is the reason why Kheldians and Arachnos were brought down to level 20; almost no one was playing them, because the entry requirements were fairly difficult (or used to be, anyways) for casual players.

Also, gently caress new zones. There are already enough perpetually empty ones folks come to hide and ERP in.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

Spoilers Below posted:

It was also a lot of 50(+3) content, which is accessible to a relatively small portion of the player base. CoX thankfully doesn't have the problem FF11 had with sometime like 80% of its player base being at the level cap, so they only release high level content (note: been years since I checked this, may no longer be true).

I suspect this is the reason why Kheldians and Arachnos were brought down to level 20; almost no one was playing them, because the entry requirements were fairly difficult (or used to be, anyways) for casual players.

Also, gently caress new zones. There are already enough perpetually empty ones folks come to hide and ERP in.

yo you've had like 8 years of bullshit geared towards those players, they're also why the 20s are jam packed with too much poo poo to do and the 30-45 range is a goddamn wasteland still pretty much. the fact that they're adding 50+ content isn't a problem at all.

if they called it i22.5 instead and sat on i23 until some new powersets were ready it would seem a lot less underwhelming. people are used to issues being big things, not just a new trial and palette swap praetoria zone nobody liked in the first place.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Evil Z posted:

I'm always paying attention.

But not to you...never to you.

(kidding...who are you again?)

You may direct such claims to our legal department. I'm sure they'll get back to you in a timely manner.

:smith: and here I thought I was famous

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Zwill, is it true the four-legged rig and BM is paying for the Dev-Team's new Mercedes?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Pez posted:

:smith: and here I thought I was famous

It's because your forums name and your in-game fursona name are nowhere near similar.

Me? people know me. Because I'm like at a two-legged-dog level of COH retard.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

You can bubble me with your force fields anytime :allears: :gay:

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Zwill, is it true the four-legged rig and BM is paying for the Dev-Team's new Mercedes?

Positron now using twenties instead of brawny to wipe the ranch dressing stain off his work shirt.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

rantmo posted:

You can bubble me with your force fields anytime :allears: :gay:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Catsworth posted:

So made my MEME COSTUME now I just need to remember to actually show up as I never remember this poo poo.

Also we gotta buy Z an avatar, loving poopoo.

Only if it's a picture of a hat zooming into see another hat, zooming in to see another hat, ad infinitum.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

BenRGamer posted:

Only if it's a picture of a hat zooming into see another hat, zooming in to see another hat, ad infinitum.

Bonus points since he'll fit right in over at the TF2 thread.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Pocket D - Hell Hound Sashi posted:

[All Rp][PM me if I'm AFK][Alway LFM for RPVG pst]
Name: Sashi Young
Height: 6'ft [In demon form 7'ft]
Weight: 220lbs [in demon form 1500lbs and very musculer]
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Blue [His I color will change when he is angry]
Race: Hell Hound/Asuka's pet
Note: Has very strong Demonic aura that can be felt by magical brings
-Has a scar on his stomich were the CoT stabbed him at for a sacifice to gain power, but it failed, partly healed, but can still feel the pain
-Is great at using magical spells and incantation
-His Fire aura protects him from most earthly and magical and protects him from his life force being drained.
Bio: Sashi was summoned by the Tsoo to do there bidding, but Sashi escaped, and now both the Tsoo and Circle of Thorn are after him and his powers. On earth he does what he must to stay hide from the Circle of Thorn and the Tsoo.

I honestly hate running into this guy (among others), solely because I don't know what to make fun of. Pick something you think is laughable, and there's something worse in there.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
His I color. Ugh.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

i am jealous of pubs with bios like that cause i can't even write that bad if i try just to be funny

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

If you can get him to say hes sexy and his bio is a work in progress, you'll have a bingo!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TalonDemonKing posted:

If you can get him to say hes sexy and his bio is a work in progress, you'll have a bingo!

One of his alts has an 'AFK typing' message that calls his voice sexy and drives the ladies wild, in my mind that counts.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

i am jealous of pubs with bios like that cause i can't even write that bad if i try just to be funny

If you need it to sound bad, Google translate it into Chinese or Japanese or whatever, then Babelfish it back into English. The thing: you know, it is then hard to be read by a person.

edit:

quote:

yo you've had like 8 years of bullshit geared towards those players, they're also why the 20s are jam packed with too much poo poo to do and the 30-45 range is a goddamn wasteland still pretty much. the fact that they're adding 50+ content isn't a problem at all.

Oh, it's not a problem. Folks who've worked hard enough to get to 50+ should have a lot to do. But it's not going to cause in an influx of new and returning players.

• Locked thread