Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

So this came up awhile ago, but here's the info on monk fists and epic http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showpost.php?p=207148&postcount=32

Monk fists have viable ratios up through the levels and having your epic equipped will never be a downgrade for your bare fists, only an upgrade or no change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Are the DSHills decent for a 68 rogue to solo? Or should I hit the steppes? Or stay in PoF?

Newer content like the Steppes is gonna hit harder and have more hp, alternatively, I've seen a 68 ranger plowing through GE, maybe he knows something everyone else doesn't. I would imagine everything is light blue.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
The hills might be a bit much at 68. I remember having some problems at 72.

The problem is that the doombugs rarely come solo and you'll think you're a L1 at launch with cloth armor whacking on firebeetles when you fight your first doombug.

The reason why the farm is such a lucrative camp is the three "clearing the farm" quests you do while camping the farm. Each is a kill X mob question and every completion is worth an entire AA. You do all three concurrently and you do them over and over until you get sick of bugs, birds, and scarecrows.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

No More Heroes posted:

Newer content like the Steppes is gonna hit harder and have more hp, alternatively, I've seen a 68 ranger plowing through GE, maybe he knows something everyone else doesn't. I would imagine everything is light blue.

The last time I leveled an enchanter up I did GE with a tank merc to 70 with ~900 aa. The mobs die so fast, hit so light, and there are tons yet come single if you want. The benefits outweigh the xp per kill easily if you look at the xp rate per hour in my view.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
GE? Greigs End?

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.

Jastiger posted:

GE? Greigs End?

Yes sir. I forgot about this zone. It's decent xp if you can plow through the mobs at a good clip.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I've seen folks AFK molo there for days.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I went there and did alright, but as a rogue its a pain unless my poison procs a ton. Need chaotic stab....when is this AA Patch going through again?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Jastiger posted:

....when is this AA Patch going through again?

All I've ever heard is June, but then again I have no faith in the powers that be who write and implement the drat thing.

I think that the mere idea of this patch is putting people off of the game. People hear that AA will start coming twice as fast (or more, in some cases) supposedly soon, so they naturally don't want to spend time earning AA because they're essentially working twice as hard for the same reward. However, at higher levels you need to upgrade/acquire certain AA abilities in order to be effective as the difficulty curve ramps up, so you can't really level normally without earning AA, but you don't want to work twice as hard for AA etc etc.

I think this patch is a good idea, though it doesn't really address the core problem with the grind in this game and the whole concept of AA in general, but I'm starting to think that it would have been best to not mention it, because I think it's making play grind to a halt. Of course, had they decided to sneak it in, people would have been furious when it hit to find out that they did double work and all that, but at least it wouldn't have encouraged people to not play for an undetermined period of time during the summer when much of the player base has the most free time. I'm no businessman, but I'm pretty sure that encouraging people to play is the whole point of this silly game.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

All I've ever heard is June, but then again I have no faith in the powers that be who write and implement the drat thing.

I think that the mere idea of this patch is putting people off of the game. People hear that AA will start coming twice as fast (or more, in some cases) supposedly soon, so they naturally don't want to spend time earning AA because they're essentially working twice as hard for the same reward. However, at higher levels you need to upgrade/acquire certain AA abilities in order to be effective as the difficulty curve ramps up, so you can't really level normally without earning AA, but you don't want to work twice as hard for AA etc etc.

I think this patch is a good idea, though it doesn't really address the core problem with the grind in this game and the whole concept of AA in general, but I'm starting to think that it would have been best to not mention it, because I think it's making play grind to a halt. Of course, had they decided to sneak it in, people would have been furious when it hit to find out that they did double work and all that, but at least it wouldn't have encouraged people to not play for an undetermined period of time during the summer when much of the player base has the most free time. I'm no businessman, but I'm pretty sure that encouraging people to play is the whole point of this silly game.

Definitely noticing this. A couple people I used to pug with are playing other games until the patch hits.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
I'm personally having a good time gearing 3 sub level 10 alts with Temple of Veeshan loot. It's very amusing to have a 13/17 sword with a works-from-level-one 100+dd proc. And 30+ ac in most slots. then again maybe I'm just easily amused.

Definitely not bothering with aa's for now though.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Creative Bicycle posted:

I'm personally having a good time gearing 3 sub level 10 alts with Temple of Veeshan loot. It's very amusing to have a 13/17 sword with a works-from-level-one 100+dd proc. And 30+ ac in most slots. then again maybe I'm just easily amused.

Definitely not bothering with aa's for now though.

When SoD was the current expansion, I spend 6 months farming stuff from velious and some Luclin mobs for alts. Was great having 1k+ HP at lvl 1 and 1 shotting things.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

meat gnome posted:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?&topic_id=186940

:lol:

No notice, to everyone that bought a bunch of SC to keep their account(s) gold, get hosed. It's like they felt some sort of karma imbalance from the great way they handled Al`kabor and had to take a giant poo poo on everyone to even things out.

I know I've been MIA, but wow. This pisses me off. I assume this wasn't reversed?

All the SC I bought was purely to use for a sub. I was planning on resubbing at some point (when I finish the Humble Bundle games).

I'm really pissed off.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

xZAOx posted:

I know I've been MIA, but wow. This pisses me off. I assume this wasn't reversed?

All the SC I bought was purely to use for a sub. I was planning on resubbing at some point (when I finish the Humble Bundle games).

I'm really pissed off.

SC subs got returned to the marketplace for a week, they still have 4 days left. Log in and spend all your sc on subs now.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

jetz0r posted:

SC subs got returned to the marketplace for a week, they still have 4 days left. Log in and spend all your sc on subs now.

Adding it back in for a week is better than nothing I guess, but it's still pretty obnoxious. I dumped another year on so I won't have to worry about it until sometime in 2014 and I'm paying a really low monthly cost from the triple day, but I'm also giving up the only means of protest Sony gives a poo poo about.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

jetz0r posted:

Thanks, I'll definitely be doing that.

So the reason I went MIA in the first place was I went to BotCon for a week, and when I came back none of my grouping buddies were grouping anymore (like Nerium, Logan, etc). Are there any low-80 groups going on?

Because solo-grinding AA with lesson was boring as poo poo. Also pointless with the AA patch coming at some point.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jps1979 posted:

When SoD was the current expansion, I spend 6 months farming stuff from velious and some Luclin mobs for alts. Was great having 1k+ HP at lvl 1 and 1 shotting things.

Ironically enough this is one of the few enjoyable things left for me in EQ. Vex Thal and Umbral Plains gear, sitting in Vulaks room waiting for Thylex and going through the whole Cursed cycle in SSRA for http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=13242

My alts have gotten more attention than my main in the last 4 years and I like it.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

xZAOx posted:

Thanks, I'll definitely be doing that.

So the reason I went MIA in the first place was I went to BotCon for a week, and when I came back none of my grouping buddies were grouping anymore (like Nerium, Logan, etc). Are there any low-80 groups going on?

Because solo-grinding AA with lesson was boring as poo poo. Also pointless with the AA patch coming at some point.

Yeah, there are a few of us in the low 80s / high 70s still playing a lot. Me and Dijital both have two 81 toons, Balee is around 75ish and Meepit is around 85, and a few sporadic people playing in their low 80s.

I hear you about the AA patch. I'm spending my time working on my SK, farming cash, and getting level-appropriate gear. Maybe a little SoD progression thrown in. Come back and play, it will be ever so much fun.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Poison clicky scenario rotated out in LoN :(

New one is some stupid rear end familiar that doesn't do anything (and is a recycled scenario/reward to boot).

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Haven't played EQ since Diablo 3 came out, and just saw the EQ Facebook post about SC not being usable on subs starting Monday. Sucks that they are going away, but pretty cool that subs are half price right now. Now I have 2 years locked in on 4 accounts. Dunno how much I'll actually be playing, but $15 for a year is pretty drat sweet.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Goldmund posted:

Haven't played EQ since Diablo 3 came out, and just saw the EQ Facebook post about SC not being usable on subs starting Monday. Sucks that they are going away, but pretty cool that subs are half price right now. Now I have 2 years locked in on 4 accounts. Dunno how much I'll actually be playing, but $15 for a year is pretty drat sweet.

Welp, now my account goes until sometime in 2015. I can't really bitch about them offering a discount but I already paid the 12000 SC rate a few days ago, would have been nice to not have done that.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I really want to try and get back into EverQuest, so I downloaded the client and messed around with the options after making a character. I exited the game at some point, and now I can't log back into the game. As soon as I get to the character select screen, none of the buttons seem to respond. I can click on them and everything but they won't do anything. This also was happening in the game, which is why I exited in the first place.

Does anybody know what's going on? I don't really want to redownload all that poo poo. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit if it makes any difference. I googled around and I just couldn't find anything about this.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

Poultron posted:

I really want to try and get back into EverQuest, so I downloaded the client and messed around with the options after making a character. I exited the game at some point, and now I can't log back into the game. As soon as I get to the character select screen, none of the buttons seem to respond. I can click on them and everything but they won't do anything. This also was happening in the game, which is why I exited in the first place.

Does anybody know what's going on? I don't really want to redownload all that poo poo. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit if it makes any difference. I googled around and I just couldn't find anything about this.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Killed Emp last night on my box team. I had forgotten how fun that encounter was. Back when Luclin was current when we first did emp it was an hour long fight and we went through 6 tanks. Dropped the White Bridal too. Its kinda too bad the old rare lvl 60 spells can be bought now. Those bosses always dropped like 4-6 spells.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
So I got my SK to 70 today. I'm gonna whack out 71 for the gear upgrade options and then probably put him on hold til the AA patch. With merc and pet dueling i got his weapon and defense skills pretty current but my spell skills are atrocious. Training them at the GM is prohibitively expensive and i dont have the patience to sit there and cast repeatedly. What are my options?

I thought about MQ or something but I dont know if they scan for that or whatever. What can i run to afk cast over and over in the guild hall?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

You can just use an autofire type program and have a hotkey that casts a couple types of spells. Leave that running overnight for a day or two and your skills should be maxed. If you're in the voa guildhall, you can cast detrimental spells on dummies/mercs and stay in ooc regen by sitting on a horse.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Ylide posted:

So I got my SK to 70 today. I'm gonna whack out 71 for the gear upgrade options and then probably put him on hold til the AA patch. With merc and pet dueling i got his weapon and defense skills pretty current but my spell skills are atrocious. Training them at the GM is prohibitively expensive and i dont have the patience to sit there and cast repeatedly. What are my options?

I thought about MQ or something but I dont know if they scan for that or whatever. What can i run to afk cast over and over in the guild hall?

Speaking as a lower-level SK who is proud to have just gotten his 1.0 and has spent plenty of time AFK working on spell skills, I used the programme AutoFire and the lowest mana cost spell I could find in each school. I personally don't give a toss, but I am told that AutoFire does not violate the Terms of Service because it does not interact with the EQ client itself, only Windows. This is a tiny, simple program that you can set to press a button constantly at set intervals and can be set to toggle on and off with another button press.

For Divination (which helps keep your invis spells from dropping prematurely), I used Sense the Dead. For Conjuration, I used Disease Cloud because it costs 5 mana or so and does something like one damage a tick, so you can cast it upon yourself or your pet and it doesn't even hurt you over natural regeneration. For Alteration, I think that I used Siphon Strength over and over on my pet. Abjuration I used Endure Cold - at my level it would eventually deplete my mana pool and I would have to med (which isn't bad because it helps keep med up), but at 70 I'm sure that's not a problem. For Evocation, which for SK's is almost never used, I used Ward Undead over and over on my pet as it is an undead-only nuke - I couldn't even get him below 99% because of his natural regen.

Apparently the AA patch is also going to adjust skill increases more to modern leveling speeds. They need to get this patch out, and fast, because it's killing the game. Nobody wants to play right now, and if people keep not playing while waiting for this patch, more and more of them are going to realise that they maybe don't want to play at all anymore.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

For Divination (which helps keep your invis spells from dropping prematurely), I used Sense the Dead.

Ignore Divination, it's only used for invis spells, which everyone gets as AAs anyways. And your AA IVU and about half the AA invises raise Divination anyways.

None of my 3 classes have a Divination spell in last 30ish levels.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Ylide posted:

I thought about MQ or something but I dont know if they scan for that or whatever.

If you're not doing blatantly obvious things with MQ like trying to warp or breaking your speed cap, they don't have anything in place to look for MQ (or if they do, they've since stopped caring since accounts are free).

I ran the line a bit when I used stick to make boxing 4 melee worthwhile. It's very noticeable when they swung around behind, which is sort of why I preferred instances.

If you think that is still too much risk, you can always just grab a little script or something to click the mouse or press keys and then wait. When I did lockpicking on my rogue, I made a Python script that clicked the mouse every 0.001 seconds and used it on that book in PoTranq, maxed in like 30 seconds tops.

lotor9530
Apr 29, 2009

Hoohah posted:

If you're not doing blatantly obvious things with MQ like trying to warp or breaking your speed cap, they don't have anything in place to look for MQ (or if they do, they've since stopped caring since accounts are free).

I ran the line a bit when I used stick to make boxing 4 melee worthwhile. It's very noticeable when they swung around behind, which is sort of why I preferred instances.

If you think that is still too much risk, you can always just grab a little script or something to click the mouse or press keys and then wait. When I did lockpicking on my rogue, I made a Python script that clicked the mouse every 0.001 seconds and used it on that book in PoTranq, maxed in like 30 seconds tops.

Last I heard from the MQ forums, the EQ launcher was actively scanning processes. So, if you try MQ, kill the launcher before you start up MQ.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
It's not scanning for ShowEQ, I can tell you that much.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Do you get permabanned for stuff like that or just probation?

I've wanted to play with ShowEQ but didn't like the idea of losing my junk.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Keith Stone posted:

Yes. (the punishments are wildly inconsistent)

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How do I get in there to kill Emperor Ssraraeazha or whatever? I want to kill everything in there but always get lost :(

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Here is the autofire program that is perfect for spell/skill training: http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/206882/autofire.htm

It just emulates your keyboard spamming the chosen button in Windows. There is virtually no risk, unless you use it in a place where someone would notice you may not be at the keyboard, and they cared enough to try and report you for it. (Go to the guildhall.)

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004

Keith Stone posted:

Don't do anything really blatant and I'm sure its fine. They obviously don't scan for the processes or I would be banned already, I've been using it for a while for checking for bosses and nameds and poo poo. Disclaimer: if you do get banned, it's not my fault

If you do get it, read the forums for the most recent set of offsets if you want it to actually work. Also note that the fact the offsets havent changed in months tells me they no longer give a poo poo about ShowEQ. Used to be that they would change them every update to cockblock SEQers for a couple weeks until someone figured them out again.

I'll check out autofire, thanks The337th

Ylide fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 21, 2012

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Ylide posted:

If you do get it, read the forums for the most recent set of offsets if you want it to actually work. Also note that the fact the offsets havent changed in months tells me they no longer give a poo poo about ShowEQ. Used to be that they would change them every update to cockblock SEQers for a couple weeks until someone figured them out again.

The last patch was May 9th, that's why nothing has changed in a month and a half.

New patch up on test server today. Highlights:

- Changed the AA experience boost for low AA counts from 2500 to 4000 AA. The bonus now tapers linearly from 1000% to normal experience over this new range. Progression servers will not get this bonus until Veil of Alaris is unlocked.
- Tweaked the archery minimum delay regarding quivers.
- Added the tradeskill useable flag to a large number of items, such as non-placeable tradeskill containers, items that modify your skill levels, and tradeskill tools.
- Made another change to memory handling that potentially caused issues with random in zone crashing.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
No changes to skill gain rates? Cockknockers.

Still, impending AA patch, yay! Next Monday on live, you think?

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Wait...no effect on AAs from 0 to 2500? No auto AAs like combat stability or combat agility?

I was under the impression that it was 500% for 0-2500. So does it go to 1000% from 0-4000AA?

Richard Cabeza fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Keith Stone posted:

So does it go to 1000% from 0-4000AA?

Yes, next patch. at 0 aa you'll get 1000% bonus, at 2000 you'll get 500%, and so on.