Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
If anyone uses PetFlow, there's a Groupon Deal right now for it, $15 gets you $30 worth of stuff. Here's the deal, or if you haven't used groupon before, my referral link. (Disclaimer, if you click that link, sign up, and buy something, I get :10bux:.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

paisleyfox posted:

Thanks IJ. I was hoping you might ring in on this. He is at the vet now, we'll know what they say later tonight. He apparently did better last night after even more wearing out and some training (the foster home already taught him to shake. :3: They closed all the doors and he actually ended up sleeping in his bed all night, no digging, so hopefully this is the first step to him not freaking out.)

If you don't mind me asking, about how much does it cost you to keep Major on his meds?

Major takes 1 and a half pills of generic 50 mg sertraline a day (he's 80 lbs) and I get a 45 day supply for $10 at a regular person pharmacy. My behaviorist looked around for the best deal for me though. At wal-mart his meds cost over $40 for the same amount so just look around for the place with the best generic prescription deal if your vet will write him a script and not make you fill it there. The dog specific pills cost way more for the exact same thing so its good to know your options.

Hopefully he's turning a corner and just needs some time to adjust. If he's been moved around a lot he might just be reacting poorly to all the change and will be able to work things out without meds.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I had an interview today at a VCA hospital. What a buzzkill, man. I had an interview at a super nice 5 doctor private practice like a week ago and I must be spoiled, because these people at VCA were just miserable. 3 people left in the past month and nobody seemed too happy to talk to anyone. Ughhh.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Skizzles posted:

Ugh... I normally don't pay a ton of attention to all the "URGENT!!!" dog stories on my Facebook from local shelters, but this one caught me:

Linking her picture in case any of you are super squeamish (nothing too bad, just a leg gash and massively swollen foot): http://i.imgur.com/twjWd.jpg

She's an 8-10 week old puppy that was dumped outside my shelter yesterday in a Rubbermaid container. They named her Chef (for some reason). They say she was mauled by another dog, is very septic, has scars from abuse, and well... just look at that foot. Poor girl. :smith: Shamrock Foundation took her in as one of their Arrow Fund cases and is treating her.

She was still very weak today and just didn't have much of a chance, so they decided it would be best to put her down. Sucks she had to have such a short, miserable life, but they chose the best option I think, and at least she got some love in the end.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

My friend had to put down her 13-year-old Lhasa last night :( He had a heart condition and the medication ruined his kidneys, and they had planned to take him in to be PTS on Friday, but he was gasping for breath yesterday and they decided it was better to just let him go.

Poor little grumbly dog. He made noises like a pigeon, and he let the baby pull on his ears. :smith:

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Major takes 1 and a half pills of generic 50 mg sertraline a day (he's 80 lbs) and I get a 45 day supply for $10 at a regular person pharmacy. My behaviorist looked around for the best deal for me though. At wal-mart his meds cost over $40 for the same amount so just look around for the place with the best generic prescription deal if your vet will write him a script and not make you fill it there. The dog specific pills cost way more for the exact same thing so its good to know your options.

Hopefully he's turning a corner and just needs some time to adjust. If he's been moved around a lot he might just be reacting poorly to all the change and will be able to work things out without meds.

Thanks! Apparently when they went to go pick him up, the vet had already written down she recommended they try Prozac for him before he had a chance to mention it (I believe they dropped him off all day for them to see how he behaved) The vet is going to call and talk to the foster about it today. It can't be fun to be him and stressed out all the time. :(

This thread is getting sad. :smith:

Have a smug Koji.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
So, I have new additions to my house. My mother in law moved in last night, and brought her dog, Bear, who is the best old man dog ever (although he is obese from people refusing to listen to her about Ol' Roy and table scraps) and her old lady cat Princess. I'll get some pics when everyone wakes up.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
So I was at the vet yesterday getting Beau his second round of shots when I overheard a conversation the doctor was having with someone about 1-800-Pet-Meds being terribad. He said a lot of their product comes from France, and France has poo poo laws about generic pet medications and can pretty much reprint brand name boxes and throw whatever they want inside them. Has anyone else heard this? I'm not finding much online. I don't use them but I thought I'd let you all know in case it's true. :tinfoil:

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
The rescue group my husband and I got our cats from has raised the debate about asking for permission letters from landlords due to too many cats being returned or dumped. Currently they are denying all renters from adopting without letters from landlords and a number to call the landlord at. I would think that if your rental agreement says that pets are allowed, this would be sufficient.
There's also person who is a landlord talking about how damaging pets can be to a rental property and how bad animal dander is for allergies. I thought that was the point of pet fees? To cover the cost of replacing carpets/flooring after pets have lived in your place and repairing other issues not covered by the damage/security deposit. I know I have a friend who pays extra money every month for the house he rents because he has dogs.
I want to know what the numbers are for the cats from renters being returned/dumped. How much of it isn't because the landlord said they couldn't have pets but rather is because the people were not prepared to care for a cat? How many of them are high energy kittens?
This is bothering me and I think it's because I'm wondering if I would have been able to adopt my furballs if their policy had been like this from the start. We didn't have any letters or even my lease agreement when we got our cats. And the idea of someone who truly wants a fuzzy companion being denied this simply because of other assholes makes me very sad.

Um... I ranted. Sorry. :(

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Canadian Bakin posted:

The rescue group my husband and I got our cats from has raised the debate about asking for permission letters from landlords due to too many cats being returned or dumped. Currently they are denying all renters from adopting without letters from landlords and a number to call the landlord at. I would think that if your rental agreement says that pets are allowed, this would be sufficient.

There's also person who is a landlord talking about how damaging pets can be to a rental property and how bad animal dander is for allergies. I thought that was the point of pet fees? To cover the cost of replacing carpets/flooring after pets have lived in your place and repairing other issues not covered by the damage/security deposit. I know I have a friend who pays extra money every month for the house he rents because he has dogs.

It depends on the landlord and the city but pet fees have for the most part turned into a fee for not giving enough money to the landlord. Some landlords would charge you extra for having a toddler or a big-screen TV if they could get away with it.

Pet security deposits are always of the oxymoronic "non-refundable deposit" type and except where specially earmarked for a professional cleaning at move out in the lease the fee goes right to their pocket. Any damages will invariably come out of the regular security deposit and often the existence of a pet is used as an excuse for charging for normal wear and tear items. Need to freshen up the paint on the trim? Claim the dog scratched it. Carpet looking a bit threadbare? Claim odors.

Homeowners insurance rates can be slightly higher if you rent to people with dogs because of liability for bites, but most rentals require proof of liability coverage if you have dogs to mitigate that.

In general though I think asking for a letter from the landlord, or a lease (current and to the adopter!) plus contact information for the landlord is reasonable. I think some form of landlord contact/letter is needed because sometimes the lease (for example my current one) may say that a pet is allowed upon payment of a deposit and the tenants haven't yet put down that deposit.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Canadian Bakin posted:

I thought that was the point of pet fees? To cover the cost of replacing carpets/flooring after pets have lived in your place and repairing other issues not covered by the damage/security deposit.

In my area, nonrefundable pet deposits are in the $300-$500 range per pet, with some places charging pet rent of ~$20/month. In contrast, cheap carpeting is around $15/square yard installed. You don't reach a break-even point for a while, since the upfront deposit isn't sufficient to just refloor the place.

Asstro Van
Apr 15, 2007

Always check your blind spots before backing that thang up.

Canadian Bakin posted:

The rescue we got James from required landlord contact information and I think it is fair. It's like any good breeder making sure you are allowed to keep the animal you are trying to get.

I am totally cool with pet fees, though I got lucky with a 50% deposit discount for being a vet student. For every good owner with well behaved pets, there is an owner that lets their dog eat the drywall and their cat spray all over the walls. It can be basically impossible to recoup cost from messy tenants that leave the place a disaster and don't have anything to sue for. It's a balancing act which isn't totally fair but that's life.

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
Took my fosters in for their alteration at my local low-cost. Four rescue ladies, two teenage girls who didn't spay their female kitties fast enough (but who I guess were at least doing the babies) and a crazy-rear end dog lady.

She had a really gorgeous big poofy dog that she was claiming was a ~*malamute/ wolf hybrid*~. Google tells me this is a real thing. I am sad. It just looked like a big durfy malamute mix!

Apparently he "hates car trips" and she had to "choke him out" several times to get all 100+ lbs of him into her tiny Nissan cube.

Also she's the Kind of Person who
drives a Nissan Cube.

It wasn't a great morning.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Asstro Van posted:

The rescue we got James from required landlord contact information and I think it is fair. It's like any good breeder making sure you are allowed to keep the animal you are trying to get.

I am totally cool with pet fees, though I got lucky with a 50% deposit discount for being a vet student. For every good owner with well behaved pets, there is an owner that lets their dog eat the drywall and their cat spray all over the walls. It can be basically impossible to recoup cost from messy tenants that leave the place a disaster and don't have anything to sue for. It's a balancing act which isn't totally fair but that's life.

My mom had tenants whose ferrets loving destroyed her rental house, and the pet deposit didn't come even close to covering the damage. A few bad apples spoil the barrel, as they say.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

InEscape posted:

Took my fosters in for their alteration at my local low-cost. Four rescue ladies, two teenage girls who didn't spay their female kitties fast enough (but who I guess were at least doing the babies) and a crazy-rear end dog lady.

She had a really gorgeous big poofy dog that she was claiming was a ~*malamute/ wolf hybrid*~. Google tells me this is a real thing. I am sad. It just looked like a big durfy malamute mix!

Apparently he "hates car trips" and she had to "choke him out" several times to get all 100+ lbs of him into her tiny Nissan cube.

Also she's the Kind of Person who
drives a Nissan Cube.

It wasn't a great morning.

That's horrible, I would have probably rolled my eyes at her so hard they'd pop out of their sockets.

On the other hand, the mental image of some crazy dog lady trying to choke out a big rear end dog is kind of amusing. Hope that dog pees on all her stuff in retaliation.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Well, if it's any consolation I gather many (most?) of the dogs people advertise as wolf hybrids are just malamutes/GSDs/huskies/whatever. So it probably was just a big durfy malamute mix. Getting "choked out." :(

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Well, if it's any consolation I gather many (most?) of the dogs people advertise as wolf hybrids are just malamutes/GSDs/huskies/whatever. So it probably was just a big durfy malamute mix.

I saw a trio of bouncy little husky type dogs out for a walk on my out of the city. I'm assuming they were husky puppies and they were happy as could be, sniffing at everything and just generally pleased with themselves. It was very adorable to see.

In regards to my earlier post, now that I've had time to settle my thoughts, I agree that landlord permission is a good thing, especially if you're renting a house from an individual person. If it's from a company, I'd hope that your lease would state it, nice and plainly.

In other news, my family is apparently dogsitting a year old, white and tan longhaired chihuahua by the name of Mickey. I've only just met him and he seems like an okay dog, if not a little bit of a derp. Sadly, his owner seems to be "house training" him to go on puppy pads. I showed up at the house and was greeted with "We're looking after Mickey and he peed all over the kitchen today!" by my littlest sister. :gonk:

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

ButWhatIf posted:

A'ight, I'm going to have an opinion and it's going to be an unpopular one.

Not all ~traditional working purpose drives~ need to be kept in all cases. I posit that in this day and age, the average first world family does not require a dog for protection or guard work, and therefore, they should probably either a) find a breeder who makes a bombproof temperament a high priority or b) not purchase a dog of that breed (see maremma thread).

But ButWhatIf, you may cry, if everyone felt that way, your corgi would have low energy and zero herding drive and that would be sad, slippery slope and so forth! Yeah, well, we'd also see a lot fewer border collies in rescue. Seriously, you cannot throw a handful of gravel at a purebred rescue without hitting about a dozen border collies. So I'm not too sad that ~show ladeez~ have ruined some strains of border collie, or reinvented the AmStaff, or made some Great Pyrs okay with living in a house sometimes. Yeah, the dogs who are meant to be the most perfect representatives of their breed maybe ought to continue having those drives when appropriate, but it's time we sat down and honestly asked ourselves what we want from a dog, for real. In 2012, is it 100% necessary to have all dobermans doing actual protection work (not just "hey I hear the UPS man gonna bark about it") in the majority of households that own them? If so, what does this say about BSL? Also, how should we screen homes to decide where is appropriate to place puppies? Should the average city-dweller even have a doberman? WHY do we want a breed that's historically been bred for heightened neophobia?

I guess it's time we (dog people) took a long, hard look at what we consider necessary to keep as far as traditional purposes. If it truly is necessary, then maybe it's also time to discuss "field vs bench" versions of dogs whose drives are not manageable by people with 9-5 jobs and families to take care of.

I'm as gung-ho about having a dog that has drives to Do A Thing as the next (equally crazy herding breed enthusiast) person, but my dog's drive doesn't increase the probability of human aggression when exposed to the unfamiliar.

EDITED TO ADD: Just the fact alone that in America it is illegal to be a "guard dog trainer" leads me to believe that our values regarding this issue are not the same as they were when these breeds were being developed.

This made me twitch a bit- reckon it can continue here without causing explosions in the sky?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

buttzilla posted:

Keep the drama out.

I would give it its own post to be safe.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
The Grid did a list of Toronto's top dogs – even if you're not in the GTA, it's a pretty cute article.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
So I gave Savannah a grape last night, and she was so excited about it that she sat in my lap and held it in her mouth for fifteen minutes. :downs:

Neena fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 15, 2012

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Grapes are toxic to dogs, so I wouldn't give her any more.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
Well drat. Mom used to give our old dog frozen grapes all the time :( On the plus side, that's maybe the third or fourth grape she's had in two years (I am stingy as hell with my fruit).

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The shi-tzu pup we're looking after did that last night. I gave her a little tiny treat and she was so goddamn excited to get a treat she just snapped it up and held it in her mouth while wagging her tail so hard it was uncurling. I couldn't get a picture because I was laughing too hard.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I like to abuse Feldman by sometimes(frequently) picking him up and carrying him around the apartment. Lately he's started to rest his head on my shoulder, resigned to the fact that I will not put him down until I'm finished snuggling him. :colbert:

My mom thought this was the cutest thing ever, of course, so she took two pictures:

Here's Feldman being all camera shy.

and here's him pleading with my mother to help him, oh god the snuggling. :3:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

"Oh jesus please make this torture stop."

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Prob'ly won't, though.

Neige's toy snake has finally reached the point of replacement. She's had it since she was about 12 weeks old, and I got tired of stitching it back up every time she ripped a major hole in it. The first thing to go was the squeaker, which she punctured, then removed in a surgical manner. Next, the eyes, which I found under the couch the next time I vacuumed. I tied the head into a knot to keep the stuffing well-contained. Since then, more tiny rips have appeared, and Snakie had to go on the shelf until I could sit down with my upholstery thread and needle. But lo! what trip to Petsmart through yonder window breaks? A near-identical snake in the clearance bin!

Yes indeed that sure is my snake

A close-up on the carnage.

It has been tossed, and the cue "go get your snake" is still intact. A win-win! Oh wait this new one squeaks. Why did I want to replace the old one, again?

pandaid
Feb 9, 2004

RAWR
It's totally normal for a cat to just not feel hungry out of the blue, right?

Someone threw up a little bit this morning, nothing big, sometimes happens. But then my girl cat who usually wakes me up early begging for food was sleeping soundly until the alarm. I went to feed them and she ate only a little of her wet food. I coaxed her into eating more, but it took 3 tries, and she even did the 'cover your food' digging motion before it was gone. Then she didn't beg for her dry food like she usually does either. I just waited and soon she did follow me to the kitchen, but when I put the food down she just looked at it and then at me. Same scenario, took it away, gave it back, repeat a few times.

Then she went into the litter box and did a tiny poo, despite having gone last night which is off schedule for her. She's a senior cat, and I'm always worried something is going on with her. Recently she's been getting a wonky eye, which we think is from her feline herpes. But why all of the sudden? This is the first time this cat has ever really turned her nose up at food. At least she did eat mostly.

I'm mostly just ranting/worrying. Gotta get the worry out.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Ugh, so Archie is showing his dislike of being an only cat by licking his fur off. The front left leg looks like he was shaved, his stomach is getting bare and the back right "ankle" is patchy. I took him to the vet this morning to make sure there isn't something physical causing it. She agreed that it is most likely the stress and loneliness of suddenly not having Gus around anymore. She said he looked healthy, no outward signs to be concerned about (well except the licking) but we are running a blood panel to be sure. I had no idea that he would react to losing Gus so much but then, they were together everyday for almost 14 years. Even though they didn't really snuggle or interact that much, at least they didn't when I was around. I wish I could help him more but I work fulltime and can't stay home to be with him. We're not going to do anything until the bloodwork comes back. We talked about anti-anxiety meds as a possibility. She thought a cone of shame would stress him out more so we're not doing that. I'm thinking it might be time to start looking for a companion for him (and me, since I miss Gus' snuggling at night). :sigh:

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

I dunno man, I'd like to think it was possible to discuss this issue without drama.

My opinions are pretty straightforward; I don't really care what people breed so long as they 1) aren't abusing, neglecting or torturing their animals, 2) can care for their bitch and their puppies well, including being able to afford veterinary expenses if poo poo goes wrong 3) do their best to produce dogs which are sound and healthy, and aren't dumb about inbreeding and 4) have decent, responsible homes lined up, and are willing to take any puppies they produce back for the duration of their lifespan. I don't care if people want to breed dobes with lab temperaments, I don't care if people want to breed labradoodles and I don't care if they want to breed driveless English Springer Spaniels with enormous side gait and too much coat, who go on to be a multi BIS winning ~grand champion~.

What I do care about is when breeders misrepresent/lie about the extent to which they are or are not preserving their breed of choice. I only care about this because I am a sperg, and I don't think it does or should matter to the majority of people looking for pets. My beef is with the typical show breeder who has a totally romanticised view of their breed's history, who thinks that in breeding for the show ring they are preserving 1) type and 2) function, and who sneers at those involved with their breed(s)' working counterparts. I also have beef with the tendency for show breeders to breed for extremes in conformation/type which actually hurt the dogs they are producing.

So yeah I don't care about people breeding labby dobes, I just get buttmad if they dress it up and claim to be ~breed custodians~. I also think it's pretty impossible to truly preserve a breed unless you are actually involved in the context/culture of origin, so even those who breed for the field outside of that need to be, again, aware and honest about the extent to which they are (or are not) preserving their breed of choice.

Question for ButWhatIf; what do you think about breeders of maltipoos and labradoodles and whatnot? Assuming they health test and all that good stuff.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
We interrupt this serious discussion to introduce... Venus. She was one of our CGC students. She's a good dog. :stare:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

notsoape posted:

I dunno man, I'd like to think it was possible to discuss this issue without drama.

I'm willing to give it a try :)

My issue with what ButWhatIf was saying is the insinuation that breeders who work to produce dogs with traditional or working temperaments are doing a disservice to the breed or society as a whole.

Shelters aren't full of BCs who came from working farms and generations of sheep herding dogs, they're full of dogs from BYBs who sell collies to anyone who thinks they want a "smart" dog so they don't need to bother to train them. If they were really full of working dogs every farm in my state would be snapping them up. As it is you can hardly find a BC who would be an asset to a working farm anymore.

Dobies, GSDs, and Mals who have the temperament to protect their owners when needed but otherwise are stable, loyal companions are not the reason why they are on BSL lists. I have never heard of a IPO/modio ring/french ring titled dog running loose and mauling children. Again, the problem is breeders who are not breeding for an appropriate temperament and selling puppies to anyone who has the cash. Even in 2012, there are people who live in fear of being attacked in their homes and want the protection a good dog can provide.

Like notsoape, I don't have a problem with people breeding low drive dogs as long as they are good breeders and honest about what they are producing. I also love breeders who will straight up tell you that their dogs will be too much for the average owner as long as they then do not sell to an average owner. I think breeders in general just need to learn how to say no to people and prospective buyers need to be honest about what they need in a dog beyond physical appearance.

As a gesture of goodwill, have a goat. This goat was not bred for a working temperament and is a terrible specimen :3:

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Have a look at a lot of old dog pics!. Virtually all breeds represented, it appears.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

We're not going to be getting any more animals in the foreseeable future, but I think I want to name the next one Maximum Catte, even if it is not a catte :colbert:

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Invalid Octopus posted:

Have a look at a lot of old dog pics!. Virtually all breeds represented, it appears.

:swoon: Love them, thank you for sharing!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

pandaid posted:

It's totally normal for a cat to just not feel hungry out of the blue, right?

Someone threw up a little bit this morning, nothing big, sometimes happens. But then my girl cat who usually wakes me up early begging for food was sleeping soundly until the alarm. I went to feed them and she ate only a little of her wet food. I coaxed her into eating more, but it took 3 tries, and she even did the 'cover your food' digging motion before it was gone. Then she didn't beg for her dry food like she usually does either. I just waited and soon she did follow me to the kitchen, but when I put the food down she just looked at it and then at me. Same scenario, took it away, gave it back, repeat a few times.

Then she went into the litter box and did a tiny poo, despite having gone last night which is off schedule for her. She's a senior cat, and I'm always worried something is going on with her. Recently she's been getting a wonky eye, which we think is from her feline herpes. But why all of the sudden? This is the first time this cat has ever really turned her nose up at food. At least she did eat mostly.

I'm mostly just ranting/worrying. Gotta get the worry out.

Are you going to the vet? I had a cat do something similar a few months ago and it turns out that he had pancreatitis out of the blue. The vet gave him some fluids and he was totally fine after that.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Is dee eight cat nip still available? I didn't see it anywhere in SA mart. If it's not available anyone have any good alternatives I can get online or at petsmart? Our petco sucks poo poo and has nothing.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Kerfuffle posted:

Is dee eight cat nip still available? I didn't see it anywhere in SA mart. If it's not available anyone have any good alternatives I can get online or at petsmart? Our petco sucks poo poo and has nothing.

If you don't have any luck, I think I have a bag that I can spare, since I got a little wild and over-bought earlier. It's not brand-new but it should still be pretty good.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

The city shelter near me gets some of the most adorable dogs ever:

My personal favorite:

Other awesome looking dogs:

And then there is...."Butterball"
lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Radio! posted:

Are you going to the vet? I had a cat do something similar a few months ago and it turns out that he had pancreatitis out of the blue. The vet gave him some fluids and he was totally fine after that.

Just to second the go to vet opinion here - when our senior cat died last August the only sign there was anything wrong was decreased appetite. I thought it was probably just a cold so I didn't take him in right away. It turned out to be congestive heart failure and I still feel bad when I wonder if he could have been saved if I had gotten him in quicker.

• Locked thread