Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Here's a non-entry for you guys while we wait for Sagebrush (the real winner here) to post a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
So Awful doesn't break tables anymore right? Here's
My winning submission! Details And better pics to follow

Captain Apollo fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 14, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Captain Apollo posted:

So Awful doesn't break tables anymore right? Here's
My winning submission! Details And better pics to follow

http://i.imgur.com/MR3Ww.jpg

Then call the next challenge!

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
I am keeping this aviation related for the next challenge.

This next picture must have a (edit) control tower in the background. Bonus if you have an abandoned army air base next to where you live where and old abandoned control tower can be found.

Caveat: Can NOT be from an airport currently labelled 'XXX international' per skyvector.com and Airnav.com.
Boring images of huge airports suck.

PS Btw it's perfectly okay to drive into an uncontrolled airport without 'permission' Drive cautiously on taxiways in case of airplanes spinning their fan thing. Be a good chap and check with the people in the office/FBO/Hangars before you do.

Captain Apollo fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 14, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are you joking? Because thats the most specific, un-doable challenge

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
I guess it's somewhat doable, but it's going to take a rare person - someone who knows about it, has the opportunity to ride to it, and has one within riding distance.

I did some googling about old airports/airfields near Seattle and I suspect they've all been demolished and built over by now.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Yeah I'm serious!

Check this link out. http://www.airfields-freeman.com/

If that doesn't work I'll do something else.

I just didn't want a random picture of some easy to find international airport.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
There are airfields literally everywhere, this isn't that hard.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I'll take care of this one next time I go out in my Cessna to participate in the great American pastime of general aviation.

Edit: There are three falsehoods in this post.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 14, 2012

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

nsaP posted:

There are airfields literally everywhere, this isn't that hard.
Airfields yes. Control towers not so much. At least not around here.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Captain Apollo posted:

I am keeping this aviation related for the next challenge.

This next picture must have a (edit) control tower in the background. Bonus if you have an abandoned army air base next to where you live where and old abandoned control tower can be found.

Caveat: Can NOT be from an airport currently labelled 'XXX international' per skyvector.com and Airnav.com.
Boring images of huge airports suck.

PS Btw it's perfectly okay to drive into an uncontrolled airplane without 'permission' Drive cautiously on taxiways in case of airplanes spinning their fan thing.

Okay, I'm calling many fewer shenanigans now that it doesn't have to be an abandoned control tower. Skyvector.com is a really neat tool for finding airports.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Yeah sorry about that guys I wrote the challenge post while on my iphone in a hot hangar and didn't clarify that I just wanted an old CT, and not necessarily abandoned.

This may work out, as some of you may even walk into private/public airports and inquire about lessons and become part of the .5% percent of us who ride and fly :)

If you get into skyvector and start looking around, any of the airports that are colored BLUE are airports with a control tower. Specifically, class D airports are towered during most of the day. Class C airports (your regional/internationals) are also controlled.

Notice I'm using the 'Albuquerque' sectional chart. That's the most 'real world' looking map. It's for daytime pilots etc etc

When you click on the airport, it'll bring you an information page. It tells you if you have a control tower or not :)

Happy hunting!

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Captain Apollo posted:

PS Btw it's perfectly okay to drive into an uncontrolled airplane without 'permission' Drive cautiously on taxiways in case of airplanes spinning their fan thing.

Do you mean airport perhaps?

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
LOL! Yeah please don't drive into uncontrolled airplanes. :S They have a tendency to take off and land on their own.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
A winner is me!

Tower 825 at Willard Airport in Savoy, IL.

:siren: For the next challenge, take a picture of your bike in front of an "Adult" Store or with a product that can be purchased at them. :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeiRWsShaIQ

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 14, 2012

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Please clarify that adult diapers do not count

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

Please clarify that adult diapers do not count

They do not. For the pedants out there, I mean sex toys and such.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It counts if you can find an entire store dedicated to adult diapers

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Actually, yeah, you find that and I'll take it. Without question.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Ironically it was right next to the regional airport.

Ok, after the frikkin plane / tower ones, an easy one. Since CA hivemind chants "All The Gear, All The Time", why not:

:siren: NEW CHALLENGE: A picture of you wearing all your gear:siren:

Extra helmets are optional (must have at least one helmet.) Since this is super easy I recommend letting this roll a day or two so everyone can play and picking the silliest as the winner.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

Ironically it was right next to the regional airport.

Ok, after the frikkin plane / tower ones, an easy one. Since CA hivemind chants "All The Gear, All The Time", why not:

:siren: NEW CHALLENGE: A picture of you wearing all your gear:siren:

Extra helmets are optional (must have at least one helmet.) Since this is super easy I recommend letting this roll a day or two so everyone can play and picking the silliest as the winner.

You make the challenge, you make the rules. Snowdens secret picks the winner on this one out of however many entries.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Best challenge, doing this when I get home.

Bow TIE Fighter
Sep 16, 2007

Our cummerbunds can't repel firepower of that magnitude!
I tackled this challenge in two phases, first: I explored the concept of All The Time...

(Rub-a-dub-dub, fat man in the tub.) (Also a good way to test your rain gear.) The scrubber has a clear plastic handle, that's why it looks like it's floating in the middle of my back.

And then all the gear you can't see in that picture:

Yes, I could have worn pants, but then you wouldn't be able to see my leg protection: kevlar underwear (basically Draggin' Jeans without the jeans). Unfortunately I don't own any guns or guitars so I could't go full Micromancer. (If that isn't already a unit of measure, it should be. If the standard is 1 micromancer (µM), it makes you wonder what would score 1 Mancer. One million fat men on one million beds? [/geek])

Scorecard:

2 helmets
2 jackets
2 pair gloves
1 pair "pants"
1 pair boots

Total = 8 points

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
You are hillarious

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
My favorite part about that picture is that someone had to take it.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Bow TIE Fighter posted:

I tackled this challenge in two phases, first: I explored the concept of All The Time...

(Rub-a-dub-dub, fat man in the tub.) (Also a good way to test your rain gear.) The scrubber has a clear plastic handle, that's why it looks like it's floating in the middle of my back.

And then all the gear you can't see in that picture:

Yes, I could have worn pants, but then you wouldn't be able to see my leg protection: kevlar underwear (basically Draggin' Jeans without the jeans). Unfortunately I don't own any guns or guitars so I could't go full Micromancer. (If that isn't already a unit of measure, it should be. If the standard is 1 micromancer (µM), it makes you wonder what would score 1 Mancer. One million fat men on one million beds? [/geek])

Scorecard:

2 helmets
2 jackets
2 pair gloves
1 pair "pants"
1 pair boots

Total = 8 points

You aren't wearing the second helmet. :colbert:

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Day Man posted:

You aren't wearing the second helmet. :colbert:

But all we see sticking out of the first one is a pedo stache. That's gotta be worth something.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

But all we see sticking out of the first one is a pedo stache. That's gotta be worth something.

You make a very good point.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

This challenge was hot.

2x GMAX GM68s
1x Suomy Apex
1x AFX FX39
1x Icon pants
1x Knox Gloves
1x Sidi boots
3x Jacket (Leather a* underneath, a* gp plus air on the left arm and tourmaster intake on the right)

10 points!

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

SaNChEzZ posted:

This challenge was hot.

2x GMAX GM68s
1x Suomy Apex
1x AFX FX39
1x Icon pants
1x Knox Gloves
1x Sidi boots
3x Jacket (Leather a* underneath, a* gp plus air on the left arm and tourmaster intake on the right)

10 points!
Holy poo poo. Not the first, but its the best.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I'm rolling into Brooklyn for the evening so I'm calling it. Although SaNChEzZ did an outstanding job producing p much exactly the pic I was expecting for this challenge, I'm going to go ahead and call Bow TIE Fighter the winner, for thinking outside the box and producing a pic worthy of the AI Mensa-nity pinup calendar.

Bow Tie Fighter, put up your challenge!

Bow TIE Fighter
Sep 16, 2007

Our cummerbunds can't repel firepower of that magnitude!
Yup, I knew I couldn't win based on quantity, so I went for creativity.

It's a sunny Saturday in June, time for a vacation. :siren:Show me a tourist trap.:siren: You know, that one place that has billboards up and down the highway for hundreds of miles around, and you went there with your family that one summer and realized it's not worth the hype because it's wall-to-wall tourists and expensive souvenirs, and now that you're a local, you warn any visiting friends to avoid it. Bonus points if they have anthropomorphic animals as mascots and annoying TV/radio ads.

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

In a ketchup factory. A sexy ketchup factory.

Bow TIE Fighter posted:

Yup, I knew I couldn't win based on quantity, so I went for creativity.

It's a sunny Saturday in June, time for a vacation. :siren:Show me a tourist trap.:siren: You know, that one place that has billboards up and down the highway for hundreds of miles around, and you went there with your family that one summer and realized it's not worth the hype because it's wall-to-wall tourists and expensive souvenirs, and now that you're a local, you warn any visiting friends to avoid it. Bonus points if they have anthropomorphic animals as mascots and annoying TV/radio ads.

Oh god please please please someone in NC/SC carry your bike to the top of the South of the Border sombrero.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

If this counts as a winner, here's my challenge:

:siren:
A photo of your bike underground!
:siren:

Bonus points for a cave or mine of some sort. If nobody can get to something like that, I guess a basement or underground parking garage would work, but I'm shooting for one of you guys on a supermoto to show off here.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Me and my wife were just talking about going there for giggles. :xd:

I think I have a good one for this but I'm just going to think of it and then never do it, like I always do.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Z3n posted:

I think I have a good one for this but I'm just going to think of it and then never do it, like I always do.

DO IT

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

You are the worst sort of riding game player :colbert:

I'm waiting on new tires on the DRZ so I have some time to think of something for this other than the obvious "underground parking complex"

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 20, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Olde Weird Tip posted:

You are the worst sort of riding game player :colbert:

I'm waiting on new tires on the DRZ so I have some time to think of something for this other than the obvious "underground parking complex"

Not too many caves or mines I could get my bike in around here, but I did do some searching for abandoned tunnels and I'm gonna check one out later today and see if I can get in. I found some for the tunnel challenge earlier in the thread but they were either active (gently caress that) or difficult to get into, but I might have found an open section.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
^ The Cincy Subway has been permanently sealed, hasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Abandoned tunnels would be perfect!

• Locked thread