Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.
Using CCO/jsawyer in tandem, starting the game with 5 str gives me a carry weight of 175 (using jsawyer settings - with CCO it goes up to 200). This doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else having a similar problem?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
CCO - Classic Perks.esm
CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp
PMT - Reduced Ammo and Chems.esp
PMT - Destructible Ordnance Reduced Ammo.esp
PMT - Honest Hearts Reduced Ammo.esp
PMT - Tougher economy.esp
PMT - OWB - Sonic Emitter Robot Damage Fix.esp
PMT - OWB - Reduced Big MT Spawns.esp
PMT - OWB - Hazmat Suit Tweaks.esp
PMT - OWB - Reduced World Scrap.esp
PMT - LR - Reduced Armor and Weapon Values.esp
PMT - OWB - Reduced Ammo and Items.esp
PMT - LR - Reduced Ammo Food Chems.esp
ManualReload.esp
More Realistic Aiming.esp
Creatures Balance Overhaul.esp
Robots Balance Overhaul.esp
PMT - LR - Better flashbangs.esp
PMT - Reduced World Items.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
CCO - CP OWB Patch.esp
CCO - FT OWB Patch.esp
CCO - FT HH Patch.esp
CCO - FT DM Patch.esp
CCO - CP LR Patch.esp
CCO - FT LR Patch.esp
CCO - DR DM Patch.esp
CCO - DR HH Patch.esp
CCO - DR OWB Patch.esp
CCO - DR LR Patch.esp
CCO - CP DM Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Core Patch.esp
CCO - PR PN Patch.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Honest Hearts.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Dead Money.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Lonesome Road.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Old World Blues.esp
jsawyer.esp
CCO - CP JSawyer Patch.esp
CCO - GC JSawyer Patch.esp

Total active plugins: 56
Total plugins: 56

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Is there a mod out there that makes guns and ammo more powerful but much harder too find? Kind of want to change the tone of the game a little bit for my next play through.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
What are CCO and PMT exactly?

All these drat acronyms. :argh:

Inverness fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 16, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hey everybody, just did a clean reinstall, updated all my old mods, etc, and I'm looking for some new armor to try out. Tailor Made is kind of boring me now, I don't want anything tacticlol and I've tried most of the stuff in the OP. I sound picky as hell but if anybody has some cool armor mods that aren't anachronistic I'd really appreciate seeing what you find.

Also just checking, but World of Pain is still poo poo, right?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Inverness posted:

What are CCO and PMT exactly?

All these drat acronyms. :argh:

CCO is Cirosan's Classic Overhaul, which is an overhaul comprised of a large number of modules that, together, affect much of the game; PMT is Puce Moose Tweaks, which is a series of plugins that address a wide range of things but, together, are not considered an "overhaul." You'd probably download two or three PMT plugins to change very specific things.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Hey everybody, just did a clean reinstall, updated all my old mods, etc, and I'm looking for some new armor to try out. Tailor Made is kind of boring me now, I don't want anything tacticlol and I've tried most of the stuff in the OP. I sound picky as hell but if anybody has some cool armor mods that aren't anachronistic I'd really appreciate seeing what you find.

Police Automaton just released his armor collection - did you see that? A lot of anachronistic stuff there, for sure, but I'm sure it also has bucketloads of lore-friendly armors as well.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Antignition posted:

Using CCO/jsawyer in tandem, starting the game with 5 str gives me a carry weight of 175 (using jsawyer settings - with CCO it goes up to 200). This doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else having a similar problem?

The CCO/JSawyer compatibility patch should provide an in-game menu for configuring the overlapping settings (there are five in total, I believe.) If your STR is 5 and your carry weight is 175, you're using JSawyer's settings, since that's what I'm doing and I the same values.

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

PoliceAutomaton released his gigantic armor mod on the last page or so, but if anachronisms aren't your thing, it may not be for you (there are a lot of resources that don't exactly mesh with the Fallout theme.)

Newer versions of WoP are poo poo, yes, but if you can snag an older version of it, you're golden.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Wait, why is World of Pain suddenly poo poo? Honest question, I haven't used it in awhile, but I remember it being pretty good.

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The CCO/JSawyer compatibility patch should provide an in-game menu for configuring the overlapping settings (there are five in total, I believe.) If your STR is 5 and your carry weight is 175, you're using JSawyer's settings, since that's what I'm doing and I the same values.

Jsawyer made a huge reduction in carry weight. The base went from 150 to 50 or something similar. I just loaded jsawyer.esp without CCO or its patches, and my carry weight (with 5 str) is 100, not 175.

EDIT: Also noticed I'm getting 13 skill points per level with 6 intelligence, which are vanilla values. According to the CCO documentation i should be getting 11 : 5(base) + 6(int)

Antignition fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 16, 2012

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

misterdoo01 posted:

Wait, why is World of Pain suddenly poo poo? Honest question, I haven't used it in awhile, but I remember it being pretty good.

It added too much unnecessary stuff and became too bloated. I'm not the kind of guy that will go on about "MY IMMERSION:qq:" but even I found it stupid that there was NCR troops in Goodspring, it didn't help that they were "Special Forces." It's the same reason why people hate EVE or Electrocity, I just want a mod that will do one thing, if they want to add extra stuff, fine, but at least let me turn it off.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Antignition posted:

Jsawyer made a huge reduction in carry weight. The base went from 150 to 50 or something similar. I just loaded jsawyer.esp without CCO or its patches, and my carry weight (with 5 str) is 100, not 175.

EDIT: Also noticed I'm getting 13 skill points per level with 6 intelligence, which are vanilla values. According to the CCO documentation i should be getting 11 : 5(base) + 6(int)

Ah, you know what? By default, carry weight is STR x 10 + 150, and poking around Jsawyer.esp, I can't find a change for this. It does, however, change the base to 50. So at STR 5, carry weight is 5 x 10 + 50 = 100. But since Jsawyer.esp only changes the base carry weight, it combines with the changes from CCO, which end up being STR x 25 + 50 = 175. It isn't technically a conflict because the two plugins aren't making changes to the exact same thing, but they do combine to make a dissonant number.

EDIT: I just cracked open the CCO Gameplay Changes.esm and changed the carry multiplier to 10. Easy peasy!

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 16, 2012

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Electric Phantasm posted:

It added too much unnecessary stuff and became too bloated. I'm not the kind of guy that will go on about "MY IMMERSION:qq:" but even I found it stupid that there was NCR troops in Goodspring, it didn't help that they were "Special Forces." It's the same reason why people hate EVE or Electrocity, I just want a mod that will do one thing, if they want to add extra stuff, fine, but at least let me turn it off.

Or just make another mod. I don't know why we get mods that alter water textures but also add some hidden loot in lakes and add new items to merchants etc. I don't know why modders do this, you can make more than one .esp, you know.

There are some silly armors in the mod, but I'd say that lots of the added items are also lore appropiate or small things, like scarves or simple helmets, which are pretty much always appropiate. Also they are all made in a way that they don't throw the game balance out of whack, with armor ratings in line with vanilla values/appropiate weights/values and buffs. There's no god-armor in the whole pack, which was very important for me. You could wear anything that's in that pack and it would not unbalance your game. There are even some faction armors which will turn you into a member of that faction on equipping. Like that tactical west with NCR Design.

If there are no issues with it so far, I'll fix that thing with the misplaced gloves and maybe throw a few new armors into the .esm. Bug reports would be welcome now. If you wanna throw the mod into the OP CoP, you can do it then, the geckosoft mirror can take quite a bit of traffic.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 16, 2012

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ah, fair enough. I can see why people don't dig that. I've always been interested in dabbling in the GECK to make some lore friendly dungeons, but some of the recent posts that go into detail about the terrible documentation are disheartening.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Police Automaton posted:

Or just make another mod. I don't know why we get mods that alter water textures but also add some hidden loot in lakes and add new items to merchants etc. I don't know why modders do this, you can make more than one .esp, you know.

For some I assume it's laziness coupled with the sanctity of their artistic visions. But I'm guessing a lot of people don't have good programming etiquette because they're simply not professionals and wouldn't consider the value of simple modularity. Which additionally means they can get stingy and over-protective over their trivial or outright rubbish creations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Antignition posted:

I went back into the CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm and it looks like ilevelupskillpointsbase is 6, not 5 (even though the documentation says 5.) Still, that should mean you're getting 12 points on level up, not 13. Maybe Cirosan knows more about this.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Police Automaton posted:

Or just make another mod. I don't know why we get mods that alter water textures but also add some hidden loot in lakes and add new items to merchants etc.

Because they aren't just game modders, they think of themselves as Game Modders. Modding is their career and their way to get accolades on the internet. They can't just post a mod, finish it and forget about it. They have to constantly update and add new content to their *~creations~* or else they stop getting attention and praise lavished upon them. Obviously it makes sense to just have a single entry on Nexus accumulate hundreds of downloads and comments because it keeps being updated instead of having lots of little separate .esp files with a handful each.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

How does somebody play as an old person? I know that 'player.agerace 1' will "age" the PC one level (Child, Younger Adult, Older Adult) but I want to be old as dirt, and the "Older Adult" faces look like they're in their 40's or 50's. I'm talking Orion Moreno old.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

There are some old person race mods out there. Other than that I have no idea.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lord Lambeth posted:

There are some old person race mods out there. Other than that I have no idea.

I downloaded one but it just made Doc Mitchell complain about the orientals :(

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I downloaded one but it just made Doc Mitchell complain about the orientals :(

Haha what? Is this a real thing? I can't tell anymore.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How does somebody play as an old person? I know that 'player.agerace 1' will "age" the PC one level (Child, Younger Adult, Older Adult) but I want to be old as dirt, and the "Older Adult" faces look like they're in their 40's or 50's. I'm talking Orion Moreno old.

The game sees old people as a completly different race, like ghouls. They have different textures etc. You're looking for a mod that unlocks their race to be playable. I guess we don't have the old people settings in NV as it would look odd to have to select an "old people race", else it works fine tho.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Roobanguy posted:

Haha what? Is this a real thing? I can't tell anymore.

:thejoke:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

The game sees old people as a completly different race, like ghouls. They have different textures etc. You're looking for a mod that unlocks their race to be playable. I guess we don't have the old people settings in NV as it would look odd to have to select an "old people race", else it works fine tho.

Yeah, I discovered this after blowing the dust off my copy of GECK. Thanks.

Now, since you've released your armor compilation, the last thing on my dream list of NV mods is a goddamned cosmetic pack that adds normal human being hairstyles--and ONLY normal human being hairstyles--to both men and women. I have the option of putting something together, piecemeal, or going with one huge mess of a compilation. But the idea of having to dig through 30 "DESU SAN ^__^" hairstyles and JRPG model rips whenever I build my character...it grinds my gears. :argh:

One day I will have natural hair for black people and a respectable haircut for my white people. One day...

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, I discovered this after blowing the dust off my copy of GECK. Thanks.

Now, since you've released your armor compilation, the last thing on my dream list of NV mods is a goddamned cosmetic pack that adds normal human being hairstyles--and ONLY normal human being hairstyles--to both men and women. I have the option of putting something together, piecemeal, or going with one huge mess of a compilation. But the idea of having to dig through 30 "DESU SAN ^__^" hairstyles and JRPG model rips whenever I build my character...it grinds my gears. :argh:

One day I will have natural hair for black people and a respectable haircut for my white people. One day...

I made a custom fomod of hair packs combined. You could always just go through it all and merge, delete, and edit as necessary.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

I made a custom fomod of hair packs combined. You could always just go through it all and merge, delete, and edit as necessary.

You did? I don't remember you mentioning that. This all reminds me of eating pomegranates in a way that "More Perks" never did: You have to work so hard to throw away 95% of the material, just to have that sweet, sweet 5% remaining.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
The few armors I converted myself had often still their characters and the non-silly hair of the characters attached to them, I tried to implement the hair into fallout with the goal of maybe making a non-silly hairpack of the hairs I got. I got sick of it really quick. For some reason, in gamebryo hair is rendered differently than everything else, and complicated hair meshes look like utter poo poo. Also you have to do some advanced poly-sorting wizardry I was not prepared for. I guess it's probably better in skyrim but never hope for a better hairpack, it won't happen.

Here is one haircut I did before I gave up in utter disgust:

No idea what game that is, it's in the pack though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It's Trishka from Bulletstorm.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does anyone recall the name of the mod that would keep count of the rounds in a gun before unequipping it, so that after re-equpping it the ammo count in the magazine would be the same?

VVVVThanks

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 17, 2012

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rinkles posted:

Does anyone recall the name of the mod that would keep count of the rounds in a gun before unequipping it, so that after re-equpping it the ammo count in the magazine would be the same?

Manual Reload, it's in the OP.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You did? I don't remember you mentioning that. This all reminds me of eating pomegranates in a way that "More Perks" never did: You have to work so hard to throw away 95% of the material, just to have that sweet, sweet 5% remaining.

Well, I did it for myself but then I don't mind flipping through the lists and ignoring the stupid anime haircuts to get to the good ones either.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

VVVVThanks

I've said it before, but there is currently a conflict between Manual Reload and the K9000 from OWB. The bug causes the K9000 to bark repeatedly when drawn, prompting a CTD. If you don't use the K9000 or don't own OWB, you should be kosher, though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Speaking of which, I can't find the link to that mod. Would love to have a link to that and that really well done port of Triska's hair in New Vegas.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've said it before, but there is currently a conflict between Manual Reload and the K9000 from OWB. The bug causes the K9000 to bark repeatedly when drawn, prompting a CTD. If you don't use the K9000 or don't own OWB, you should be kosher, though.

I was actually looking to steal some code. :ssh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a place with proper mostly up to date documentation for NVSE? Newer than this anyway:http://fose.silverlock.org/fose_command_doc.html. I'm having to trawl through other mods to find functions. And from the look of things, there really is a ton of useful stuff that isn't on that list.

I can live without an explanation of what a command does - I can guess that - but it'd be nice to also not have to conjecture whether it actually exists.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
I want a bit more music for my game, I'm gonna grab the one that adds more tunes to Mojave Music Radio as well as this. Using the New Vegas Radio Extender, I was wondering how hard it would be to add more songs to New Vegas Radio's (My favourite presenter) playlist?

In case anyone was interested, here's some of the stuff I was thinking of adding.

I'd love to walk around The Strip jammin' to this

Fell in the love with the desert sands, but I never did see more trees

Just cuz it feels good, doesn't make it right

Met you in the past. Some of the riffs in this song playing as I shoot people in the desert strongly appeals to me

Same here, just drat

I killed my woman last night. I'd edit out the intro Audacity so it starts at about 17 seconds in.

I won't dance, madame, with you. Can't go wrong with a bit o' Sinatra

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing

I like my towwwwwwn, with a little drop of poisonnnnn

With a double-barrelled shotgun, whole box of shells, we'll celebrate the 4th of july, we'll do a 100mph, spending someone elses dough, drive all the way to the Reno, on the wrong side of the road

And I'm blinded the neon, don't try and change my tune, 'cause I thought I heard a saxophone, I'm drunk on the moon

There are also a couple songs that don't feel as or at all thematically appropriate to me that I'd probably add anyway just because I really like them and I've listened to all the music in this game a bunch. Regardless of whether it fits in with the vibe, these ones are in here because it'd be cool to either shoot people in the face listening to them or cruise around the strip / desert / other places listening to them.

In there for combat:

Clutch - Willie Nelson

Red Fang - Wires

If there's a way to just add things to the default combat music so they don't pop up on the radio in between smooth jazz or country-esque riffs that'd be dandy.

In there for vibe I like:

The Specials - Gangsters

Yes Sir Boss - You and Me

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Seems like the drawn out saga of RFCW and The Best of Both Worlds has taken another twist to yet another name change: A Tale Of Two Wastelands is the new The Best of Both Worlds: RFCW.

Tune in next week to discover the latest name change!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
So I started the game this week and it's too easy; I'm playing on hardcore mode and very hard. Everything just falls into one of three categories; 1) Dies in one to two clean shotgun blasts to the head, 2) Dies to max charge plasma sniping 3) Deathclaws

Therefore, even though I haven't completed the game or even any of the DLC, I'm looking to make things tougher. A lot tougher. So tough my teeth fall out from the dirt I'll be eating. Not so tough it feels like I'm a leaf in the wind, though, just realistically gritty.

I understand that the mod I'll probably want is J.E. Sawyer's Overhaul. My question is what mods should and can I throw in with it?

Oh, also, is there any mod I can download that will override Sawyer's changes to H20 & friends degeneration rates? Because while I definitely would like those to be more important than vanilla, I've read that Sawyer's mod can get a bit silly in how fast these things deplete, especially while sleeping. Something in-between would be best, if that's possible.

Thank you!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

So that's what it was, holy gently caress was that annoying.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

:siren: ATTENTION! Your stupid world is about to change...

...but only slightly...

I went through and collected about a dozen hairstyles that fell on the "normal human being" side of the fence: Dreadlocks, cornrows, receding (and bald), slicked back, "pixie" cut, etc. Then I unlocked the additional age-races for each race, so instead of "Caucasian", you can also select "Caucasian, Middle Aged" and "Caucasian, Old." I tried to make everything look as official and professional as possible, so you're not getting a bunch of half-edited garbage whenever you build a character. Most of the hairstyles are named in the spirit of the original selection, so, "Chrome Dome" instead of "Bald Hair #2."

(ALREADY OBSOLETE! Link for new version coming up shortly on next page.)

EDIT: A lovely collage, for your enjoyment.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

So I started the game this week and it's too easy; I'm playing on hardcore mode and very hard. Everything just falls into one of three categories; 1) Dies in one to two clean shotgun blasts to the head, 2) Dies to max charge plasma sniping 3) Deathclaws

Therefore, even though I haven't completed the game or even any of the DLC, I'm looking to make things tougher. A lot tougher. So tough my teeth fall out from the dirt I'll be eating. Not so tough it feels like I'm a leaf in the wind, though, just realistically gritty.

I understand that the mod I'll probably want is J.E. Sawyer's Overhaul. My question is what mods should and can I throw in with it?

Oh, also, is there any mod I can download that will override Sawyer's changes to H20 & friends degeneration rates? Because while I definitely would like those to be more important than vanilla, I've read that Sawyer's mod can get a bit silly in how fast these things deplete, especially while sleeping. Something in-between would be best, if that's possible.

Thank you!

I would take a look at puce moose's tweaks, personally. Rather than a simple +hp +dmg difficulty formula, there's options to tweak ammo/chem scarcity and make the economy more difficult. It's a bunch of separate .esps, so you can pick and choose things that sound interesting. Since it's your first playthrough I'd stay away from any major overhauls like Project Nevada or CCO (jsawyer being the exception).

Also grab manual reload and Darn's UI if you haven't yet.