Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen
I don't even know why you'd want to register here if all you were looking for is eFame. SA and LPArchive combined account for less than 20% of my views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit

Brassherald posted:

So, you are saying you've never seen this forum before and still decided to spend ten dollars to register?

:frogout:
I've seen Something Awful for a while and finally decided to register to the place as a whole. Now that I'm registered I've started looking into subforums and I saw a Lets Play section, I'd never gotten any comments on my one attempt at a Let's Play and thought that doing it was fun, so I wandered what people who actually make them would think.

But no, I didn't pay $10 specifically for the Let's Play section

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Brad! posted:

I've seen Something Awful for a while and finally decided to register to the place as a whole. Now that I'm registered I've started looking into subforums and I saw a Lets Play section, I'd never gotten any comments on my one attempt at a Let's Play and thought that doing it was fun, so I wandered what people who actually make them would think.

We think you should lurk.

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
Is that what your god drat frogs mean

roybot9000
Aug 27, 2003

Brad! posted:

Is that what your god drat frogs mean

No, the frog that says "get out" means hang out and keep posting.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Brad! posted:

Just take it in stride, dude. Lurk around and check out other people's LPs to figure out how your stuff should look. Here's a couple recommendations for you. Also don't be too attached to just doing a video LP. I recently made my first screenshot LP and I like doing that a lot more than I did making videos, so that might be better for you too.

And don't take poo poo too personally dude. If people don't like your video, they don't like your video. You can try again later. But for now you can try and get better and make something more enjoyable, or you can give up and just be one of the thousands of obscure Youtube LPers that no one ever watches. People didn't like my first post and it wasn't a big deal, I just tried other stuff. If people are being harsh, that's just because that's how poo poo is on the internet. Nothing to get too upset about.

Edit: Also this VVVVV Don't try to be "edgy" and do offensive jokes, they're usually just creepy and weird.

Mezurya fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 16, 2012

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Also, no rape jokes next time.

Why do I feel the need to single this out?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Skippy Granola posted:

I mean... was his youtube play list any good?

Oh come on you know the answer to this.

Edit: Also stop arguing with a FYAD poster you idiots.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Proteus4994 posted:

Oh come on you know the answer to this.

Edit: Also stop arguing with a FYAD poster you idiots.

He registered yesterday and his FYAD career hasn't really panned out.

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
You know, I'm just glad I'm meeting new people

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

judge reinhold posted:

He registered yesterday and his FYAD career hasn't really panned out.

There is absolutely nothing stopping people from having multiple accounts, although I probably wouldn't pay 10 dollars just to play a hilarious joke on the sandcastle.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
I don't think he's FYAD, no FYAD would make it this long without posting a prolapsed anus.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Someone in another thread said they were going to post a test post about a Warriors Orochi 3 LP--but I don't see it. Did I lose it in the midst of all this Brad! nonsense or is it not up yet?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Cymbal Monkey posted:

I don't think he's FYAD, no FYAD would make it this long without posting a prolapsed anus.

Well, he was new, and they seemed to have run him out at this point

MellowHype
Jun 6, 2012

Oh how that plumber danced!

Speedball posted:

Someone in another thread said they were going to post a test post about a Warriors Orochi 3 LP--but I don't see it. Did I lose it in the midst of all this Brad! nonsense or is it not up yet?

I haven't seen any test posts up since Brad stirred up all this controversy. Maybe you should skim through previous pages to see if anyone posted one up. I'm down to watch it if they can make it entertaining enough to keep me in my seat.

mewbert
Jun 12, 2011
hatsuune miku wishes you

a happy and safe halloween
Do NOT gently caress with the LP forum.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TraumaticRatio posted:

I haven't seen any test posts up since Brad stirred up all this controversy. Maybe you should skim through previous pages to see if anyone posted one up. I'm down to watch it if they can make it entertaining enough to keep me in my seat.

Nah, nobody has submitted anything new yet.

Didja Redo
Jan 24, 2010

Wanna try my freedom meat BBQ meat?
Hi, you're gonna call off your FYAD invasion. You're gonna publicly state that there is no Let's Play forum, or these guys are gonna take your balls. They're gonna send one to GBS, one to PYF, press release style. Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We play your games, we

Do not gently caress with us!

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
I never thought that posting a (APPARENTLY) bad Let's Play video would or could make people think I was either loving with them or an alt.

I think that makes it a good video now, actually. Like the fact that your using the word controversy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Brad! is cool.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Brad! posted:

I think that makes it a good video now, actually. Like the fact that your using the word controversy

:allears:

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
It's just silly!

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Hey guys, if you like my posts then I'm serious but if you don't then I was just kidding around on purpose, like I was trying to be IRONIC, don't you see the irony of being bad on purpose, don't you don't you PLEASE LOVE ME I'M NOT AS STUPID AS I SOUND YOU GUYS yes you are.

YES YOU ARE.

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
I'm seriously baffled

Brad! posted:

My experience with Lets Plays was people who capture in what ever way thet can and then make funny narrations. Sometimes the crudeness of recording adds to the entertainment. The only others id seen are of kids who put a camera on their TV

But yes, I should have looked harder at what the standards for videos on this forum were first
There's literally nothing more to it than that

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Brad! posted:

I'm seriously baffled

:frogout: and we'll stop being mad at you.

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
I would if you would stop talking about me!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

^ Stop acting like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum at the fact we don't like your video, while coming up with flimsy excuses to justify your video and maybe they'll let up (most likely not) ^

Brad! posted:

I never thought that posting a (APPARENTLY) bad Let's Play video...

Know what, this generally interested me. You honestly believe that your video is acceptable even after admitting that it has "some" techinal faults.

So please if you would enlighten me, what is GOOD about your video? What am I missing about your video that makes you believe that is not a bad Let's Play and APPARENTLY a good Let's Play. Oh please tell me :allears:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 17, 2012

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Brad! posted:

I would if you would stop talking about me!

There's one of you and dozens of other posters. You have more power than any one of us to end this retarded argument.

Just drop it and lurk a while. Get an idea how LPs work around here, and give this time to blow over. Do that, and maybe you'll find you enjoy the subforum. Don't, and you'll probably be punished for perpetuating this poo poo.

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit

Shogunate posted:

Know what, this generally interested me. You honestly believe that your video is acceptable even after admitting that it has "some" techinal faults.

So please if you would enlighten me, what is GOOD about your video? What am I missing about your video that makes you believe that is not a bad Let's Play and APPARENTLY a good Let's Play. Oh please tell me :allears:
Or to me!

I thought it was an okay video before I posted it, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it, but now I recognize that it is not an okay video which is why I said apparently. I had fun making it so I didn't think it was a piece of poo poo, which I now do. I'm not arguing it's a good video

Bad! Poster fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 17, 2012

MellowHype
Jun 6, 2012

As much fun as this wasn't, I think it's time we all just drop it. There are still people who also want to get an idea of what they should do to become better at LPing and we've all wasted our time with Brad. So how bout we let bygones be bygones and get on with life, because this has remarkably gotten out of hand.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

There's one of you and dozens of other posters. You have more power than any one of us to end this retarded argument.

Just drop it and lurk a while. Get an idea how LPs work around here, and give this time to blow over. Do that, and maybe you'll find you enjoy the subforum. Don't, and you'll probably be punished for perpetuating this poo poo.

He's got a point. If you drop it now no one will probably even remember talking about this a week from now, but if you get uppity about it like a lot of people who fail at the Sandcastle do, then you're likely do be ridiculed forever. Or probated, if they take it way too far.

Not saying you're being uppity, you're actually taking it pretty decently. But still, you should drop it at this point.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

EDIT: Alright dropping it.

Bad! Poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am shit
Oh you're confused because I said good in the other post.No, the fact that I made a bad video and people are calling it "controversial" or assuming that I specifically made a bad video for the purpose of posting it here, makes me like the video.

The video is bad but the amount that everyone is freaking out about it makes me not feel bad for making it

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Well since the test video was apparently a success, I think it's time to go full-speed ahead on the LP proper, Brad! Have fun and good luck.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Brad!:

I would watch that LP :)

- JT Jag

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
If everyone shuts up, he will go away. Why is this so difficult

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

VoidBurger posted:

Perhaps the same could be said for all men.

MellowHype
Jun 6, 2012

After spending time with family, I decided to waste time and record Part 2:

Oh Snap! Metroid Fusion Is Back In the House!

What's The Catch?
Well, I wanted to record again and avoid those mistakes that had been made in the first video. If you want to see what those blunders are, then I'll post a link to that video as well.

What's New?
An old friend of ours returns. Anyone remember Arachnus?

Now that he's back, we're going to have one helluva time, right? If you're looking for a strategy against this intricate fiend, then this is your type of LP. But he's not the only one whose in for a treat.

We've got Core-X's to deal with as well. Man this video's gonna have it all!

So What Do You Want Us To Do?
I just want you to tell me if there's anything that I need to improve on and if I should go through with this LP.

Items Collected (Part 1):
x1 Missile Launcher

Items Collected (Part 2):
x6 Missile Tanks, x2 Energy Tanks,
x1 Morph Ball, x1 Charge Beam

Problems with Part 1(Technical):
- Commentary De-synced
- Game audio is louder than me at some points

Videos:
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srbbkJ2qydU

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akuwoolBmhs

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
You're kinda mumbly. I can't really tell if that's your mic or if you're just shy. Speak up, old chap!

Edit:

VoidBurger posted:

Take it from me, this is 100% true.

Wait, poo poo.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MellowHype
Jun 6, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You're kinda mumbly. I can't really tell if that's your mic or if you're just shy. Speak up, old chap!

Part 1 or Part 2?

• Locked thread