Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

East Lake
Sep 13, 2007

The vignetting looks pretty dark for daylight particularly on the left side but aside from that I think it looks pretty good the way it is. It's very bright in the middle but the light looks nice, sort of otherwordly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

Steve McScene posted:

What should I do to it? I don't like how there seems to be a vignette, but like a negative vignette so the middle is too bright, how would I fix that?

I'd say give the contrast a bit of a bump, have a look at toning down the highlights a little (the big cloud band in the middle of the image seems excessively bright) and generally try and even out the lighting. One way you could try and even it out so the middle isn't so bright, assuming regular vignette correction does not work, is using grads in LR to try and apply a more even level of light throughout the image (manipulate the positioning/intensity of the grads to suit.)

I'm by no means a LR/PS expert, but that's where I'd start - contrast and fixing the uneven brightness.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Okay, how about this then guys?
Fixed the negative vignette as much as possible, added a bump in contrast, slightly killed of the blue, slightly warmer etc.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
I like it, I would maybe try taking a bit of the water off the bottom and see how it looks but I think it looks better than before.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Tallinn by hookshot88, on Flickr

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

Box Hill. by Clwn, on Flickr

Box Hill. by Clwn, on Flickr

Canary Wharf. by Clwn, on Flickr

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

For lack of better words, this feels big.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Steve McScene posted:

Okay, how about this then guys?
Fixed the negative vignette as much as possible, added a bump in contrast, slightly killed of the blue, slightly warmer etc.

I was about to say bump up the blue a touch and add one or two on the black slider in LR.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

aliencowboy posted:

For lack of better words, this feels big.

I think that was at 50mm the only lens I have that is wider is the kit lens - I don't remember what shots I got with that, that day!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Simply perfect. Except for the sensor dust in the top left corner. But otherwise, simply perfect.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Yosemite, Day 1:

20120513-20120513-_MG_8307.jpg by beastofexmoor, on Flickr

20120513-20120513-_MG_8288.jpg by beastofexmoor, on Flickr

20120513-20120513-_MG_8293.jpg by beastofexmoor, on Flickr

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
removed.

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 29, 2020

dowdy_pants
Aug 18, 2008
I updated my tree in the field photo. Definitely more ominous...

tree-in-field3 by ralph-brewer, on Flickr

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008

I love the feeling about this, but I really wish the whole bicycle was in focus. Regardless, nice work!

General Gravedancer
May 14, 2009

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Complete newbie, any criticism more than welcome!

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

This is awesome, but I think the dreamy summer mood in this might benefit from some lighter blacks/desaturated greens.

DUDE.

Hotwax Residue
Mar 26, 2010

General Gravedancer posted:

Complete newbie, any criticism more than welcome!

2nd one is awesome, all those leading lines give it nice depth. 3rd one is probably the weakest, no real subject and the sky doesn't make up for it.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Turd and Alien, thanks for your comments. I will try reprocessing it later.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Sorry that I don't have anything to contribute, but -- now that's just magical.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm in Iceland, which is basically where this thread should consider heaven.

Most of these are crossposted from the other non-SAD thread.

Iceland by hookshot88, on Flickr

Reykjavik by hookshot88, on Flickr

Thingvellir by hookshot88, on Flickr

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
No one should be aloud to post photos of Iceland until I have gone. I really hope I can get there sometime in the near future.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I will TORTURE you with my photos. Seriously though I hope you do get to go soon, I can't even imagine how awesome DreadHead Iceland photos would be.

Crossposting from SAD again.

Geysir by hookshot88, on Flickr

Geysir by hookshot88, on Flickr

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Awesome, I leave for Iceland 2 months from today

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
You guys are the worst. Have fun!

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
removed.

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 29, 2020

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

i know Holgas & Dianas are nasty little plastic turdboxes but I needed to pack super light for a weekend away:

Manzanares el Real by ____||||||||||||||||||, on Flickr

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008
Went on a bike ride yesterday.

Summer Field by Jenseales, on Flickr

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

neckbeard posted:

Awesome, I leave for Iceland 2 months from today

Shoot me a message when you're coming, we can go for a beer :)

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006
Can't wait to get to Iceland, and those photos make me want to get there even faster :)

Some from this weekend. The weather changed rapidly from stunning sunrise to omninous, dark and rainy.

Turimetta by Aztatlan, on Flickr

Unfortunately a small sea spray spot on the filter blurred part of a rock in this shot.

Stormy Seas by Aztatlan, on Flickr

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
This is my favorite of the 4. The sky is awesome.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

i've tried to do these shots so many times and never any luck :(

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

guidoanselmi posted:

i've tried to do these shots so many times and never any luck :(

Do you have a really wide lens and an ND filter? I honestly haven't tried them but I that's what's involved.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

beach 004 by HezzyUK, on Flickr

hike 191 by HezzyUK, on Flickr

hike 186 by HezzyUK, on Flickr

hike 093 by HezzyUK, on Flickr

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Hezzy posted:

beach 004 by HezzyUK, on Flickr

hike 191 by HezzyUK, on Flickr

hike 186 by HezzyUK, on Flickr

hike 093 by HezzyUK, on Flickr

The first one is the best. I like the sun rays and the fact that you gave the sky more room by putting the ocean so low in the frame. I also like the dark clouds at the top, they seem to balance out the ocean. The two middle ones look underexposed. For this kind of shot you'll need to take at least two exposures (one for the sky, one for the land) and combine them in photoshop. Or a quicker way that might work is to use a graduated ND filter to darken out the sky so you can expose for the land. Never tried that though so maybe it would look terrible. The last one has nice colors, but I'm not feeling any sense of subject or even a pleasing composition.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

LargeHadron posted:

The first one is the best. I like the sun rays and the fact that you gave the sky more room by putting the ocean so low in the frame. I also like the dark clouds at the top, they seem to balance out the ocean. The two middle ones look underexposed. For this kind of shot you'll need to take at least two exposures (one for the sky, one for the land) and combine them in photoshop. Or a quicker way that might work is to use a graduated ND filter to darken out the sky so you can expose for the land. Never tried that though so maybe it would look terrible. The last one has nice colors, but I'm not feeling any sense of subject or even a pleasing composition.

Thanks for the tips dude! The two middle ones probably are underexposed, my monitor is really bright and it's only the one exposure. I didn't know about doing that in photoshop, but I've heard of the ND filters. And yeah I agree with the last one, there's no focus but I like it because it makes me want to go paddling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Iceland Westfjords by hookshot88, on Flickr

Iceland Westfjords by hookshot88, on Flickr