Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Bongo Bill posted:

Now I see where Dave gets it.

He inherited the art of mixed metaphor from the undisputed master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Who's the artist on the Trickster-Roxy piece? Deudlyfirearms?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yes. She says here that Hussie just asked for "trickster Roxy" and left the design up to her, just in case anyone was a lot more serious about all the colour scheme speculation than appearances suggested.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but where did this "trickster mode" stuff come from? Pretty sure I've never heard of it before now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"moist loving unsuccessfully"

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Trickster mode comes from some easter eggs in the flash minigames.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Maybe the rulebreaking UU is so apprehensive about is activating Trickster Mode, hacking the fabric of reality itself?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Did anyone in the thread already speculate that UU is actually just uu's puppet (or possibly vise versa) in the same way that Cal is Dirk's puppet. This is why "juju" holds so much importance all of a sudden. uu wants Dirk to drop his juju in the same way he's about to drop UU as his juju. I haven't been keeping the juju conversation straight so I can't really guess more specifics but I bet the "2 dreams 1 real" thing is just a red herring and the body we saw was uu's puppet UU, which is dressed up in PJs just like Cal was.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

DaveKap posted:

Did anyone in the thread already speculate that UU is actually just uu's puppet (or possibly vise versa) in the same way that Cal is Dirk's puppet. This is why "juju" holds so much importance all of a sudden. uu wants Dirk to drop his juju in the same way he's about to drop UU as his juju. I haven't been keeping the juju conversation straight so I can't really guess more specifics but I bet the "2 dreams 1 real" thing is just a red herring and the body we saw was uu's puppet UU, which is dressed up in PJs just like Cal was.

Most puppets don't have blood, lime green or otherwise.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dr Christmas posted:

Maybe the rulebreaking UU is so apprehensive about is activating Trickster Mode, hacking the fabric of reality itself?
Trickster mode is the exploit Spades Slick mentioned was the only way of defeating LE :supaburn:

quote:

It was just grub sauce :ssh:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

snucks posted:

Trickster mode is the exploit Spades Slick mentioned was the only way of defeating LE :supaburn:

I don't care what'chall say, I just know in my heart that somehow, a pumpkin will be vital to the final defeat of Lord English. In the MSPA canon, it doesn't get glitchier than those green and orange gourds.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
After a brief hiatus because I kinda got overwhelmed with school (highschool is hard its hard and no one understands) and falling in a bit of a slump, I made some more music.

Derse is kinda in bad shape, huh?

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The key word is "most."

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009

DaveKap posted:

If uu were the puppet, it'd explain his apparent total lack of dexterity: it can't be easy to manipulate a puppet hand to draw on a tablet.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Looks like Solatrus and Radiation are doing some music for Starbound, a sort of spiritual successor to Terraria made by its graphic designer.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Terraria had a graphic designer? :confused:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

After a brief hiatus because I kinda got overwhelmed with school (highschool is hard its hard and no one understands) and falling in a bit of a slump, I made some more music.

Derse is kinda in bad shape, huh?

And Tindeck has exploded so I put it on my Tumblr as well.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Red and green.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
There was an Apache test page up for a minute before this update, huh.

And... this... explains a lot? Or doesn't? It does seem to settle one question pretty definitely, though.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

I'll just check the site and...:stonk:

this update

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
What.
In.
The.
Actual.
gently caress.
I had a feeling that name reminded me of something... Or, someone.
:psyduck:

e:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
:psyboom:

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jun 17, 2012

murder all posters
Aug 19, 2008

by angerbot
WHAT

uu is the Lord of Time. Lord English. Holy loving poo poo, what the gently caress

murder all posters fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jun 17, 2012

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
what the gently caress

edit: holy poo poo

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
Oh man I just. I don't. :stare:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Huh... so my puppet guess wasn't 100% wrong at least! But yeah, wow, great 4am story bomb there Hussie!

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Holy...

Um....

Huh. :stare:

murder all posters posted:

WHAT

uu is the Lord of Time. Lord English. Holy loving poo poo, what the gently caress

AHHHHHHHHHHH

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

uu is the WORST.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
new theory: lord english turns up, someone says 'callilope' to his face, he switches personality, problem solved

murder all posters
Aug 19, 2008

by angerbot

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Holy...

Um....

Huh. :stare:

AHHHHHHHHHHH

HE IS ALREADY HERE

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Rooreelooo posted:

new theory: lord english turns up, someone says 'callilope' to his face, he switches personality, problem solved

I wonder whether playing circus music at him would count. Gamzee will save everyone.

e:

FewtureMD posted:

If that were true, Gamzee COULD actually be the most important character in Homestuck! Holy poo poo!

Gamzee, or Nannasprite.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 17, 2012

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
That also means two things:
If only one of them can be awake at once, and if she's worried about going to sleep permanently very soon, that means Lord English is going to be waking up in this universe soon also?

Lord English's actual personality is kind of hilarious, considering. Countdown to fanart of LE drawing terrible pictures and thinking of "lewd, awful things like kisses and holding hands".

edit: Oh, also song 17 on the AlterniaBound album - Midnight Calliope

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

That went from 'Oh, that's a bad sign' to 'Lol, cosplaying' to 'HOLY poo poo'.

That's a hell of a plot dump.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I wonder whether playing circus music at him would count. Gamzee will save everyone.

If that were true, Gamzee COULD actually be the most important character in Homestuck! Holy poo poo!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
...Wow. I dunno what it was about that update, but... that one really hit me. Wow.

Even if people predicted all of this before now, it's still kind of... drat.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

FewtureMD posted:

I never gave up hope that this would be true, i always kept the dream alive

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remember how it was mentioned that angels are a particularly nasty sort of demon according to troll mythology? Joke's on us, we thought that joke had already played out :stare:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
FFFFFUCK IT JUST HIT ME

UU/uu are the fans. The fandom is LE. He was here the whole time.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite part is the alternate panel for the last page, ostensibly to avoid spoilers but really just to gently caress with people on Tumblr.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
That was great. I went from "Oh, haha. She's a Krampine!" to "Oh holy gently caress" in one click of a button.

Now my brain has to sort it all out. And of course, with one answer spawns even more questions than we had before. Hussie must be cribbing notes from Coyote or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

murder all posters
Aug 19, 2008

by angerbot

Luminous Obscurity posted:

FFFFFUCK IT JUST HIT ME

UU/uu are the fans. The fandom is LE. He was here the whole time.

God DAMNIT AHHHHH