Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lucinice posted:

Think it would be worth reading these spoilers to see all the changes in P4G or just wait and be surprised?

It's a bunch of crap that seems heavily in flux as wikis/translations change so you may as well and just forget about it until the release? God knows how much is even accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

As someone with a 3DS and Vita everyone saying they're buying a Vita right now for P4 you know it's in October right? There's a pretty good chance there will be a price drop or some sort of temporary sale/pack in by then.

My top played game on Vita is Disgaea 3, recently Gravity Rush, and then a bunch of PSP games and the next thing I'm looking forward to is PS1 support so I can replay some PS1 games on the nice Vita screen.

It's ok to wait guys

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

As someone with a 3DS and Vita everyone saying they're buying a Vita right now for P4 you know it's in October right? There's a pretty good chance there will be a price drop or some sort of temporary sale/pack in by then.

My top played game on Vita is Disgaea 3, recently Gravity Rush, and then a bunch of PSP games and the next thing I'm looking forward to is PS1 support so I can replay some PS1 games on the nice Vita screen.

It's ok to wait guys

Especially since Sony takes so long to vet PSP games for release on Vita. Gungnir and Growlanser are both going to be playable for quite a while as PSP-only before Sony gets off their lazy asses.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
I planned on buying a Vita once Gravity Rush came out, so I guess I should be ok. :shobon:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For me, I'm probably going to wait until the Ys IV remake comes out before I get the Vita. The Golden looks amazing, but one game alone isn't enough for me to get a system. At least now with PSN I don't have to worry about Atlus games going out of stock now.

Regarding those new skills, honestly the only one that would make that much of a difference for my party would probably be swapping out Chie for Kanji. Finally, a good physical attacker with some -dyne spells. I don't think Naoto's would honestly be that useful, because Almighty spells just drain too much to be viable for anything but a select few scenarios. Definitely not bosses, and usually not regular battles (unless you have Victory Cry).

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
At the recent E3, Sony said no price drops are in Vita's future for awhile. So I wouldn't expect a Vita price drop until Christmas'ish at the earliest.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I think someone mentioned that Naoto's buffs were false, but it hasn't been confirmed. As for Chie, faster God's Hand is nice, but drat I wish she got buffs on the same level as Kanji.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Some more P4 costumes, Velvet Room uniforms for everyone - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5thr51Qfw1r3gyt0o1_1280.jpg

The best part? Teddie is out of his drat bear suit for this one, hopefully he doesn't squeak as this means I can finally bear having him in my party.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Axle_Stukov posted:

Some more P4 costumes, Velvet Room uniforms for everyone - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5thr51Qfw1r3gyt0o1_1280.jpg

The best part? Teddie is out of his drat bear suit for this one, hopefully he doesn't squeak as this means I can finally bear having him in my party.

That Kanji outfit. :allears:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rascyc posted:

At the recent E3, Sony said no price drops are in Vita's future for awhile. So I wouldn't expect a Vita price drop until Christmas'ish at the earliest.
Some retailers are giving you store credit for buying one which is basically dropping the price without Sony's permission.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Think it's pretty easy to figure out when the upstanding man of society Kanji scene takes place with these two new pictures.

Also super adorable Nanako.

http://imgur.com/a/HZXms

I don't know about you guys but I just feel like hugging everyone.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Dastardly posted:

Think it's pretty easy to figure out when the upstanding man of society Kanji scene takes place with these two new pictures.

In the bottom picture there, in the bottom row. Who is the extra person? I think it's supposed to be Yukiko on the far right, but who's second from the left?

E: Is that that new Velvet Room person or whatever the hell she's supposed to be?

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Artix74 posted:

E: Is that that new Velvet Room person or whatever the hell she's supposed to be?

Looks like it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Some more P4G stuff, early game spoilers. Shadow Yukiko and Kanji have been rebalanced. Here's Yukiko - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOI-EMa9Vrc, she appears to have double the HP but the prince no longer heals her. Prince also has alot less HP but is no longer weak to ice, Yukiko is now weak to ice instead and will White Wall herself. Kanji - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hevFwWrNdU0, Nice Guy is weak to ice and Tough Guy is weak to fire. Nice Guy seems to go for elemental walling first before attack up buffing. Tough Guy's HP is much higher. Kanji starts the battle with his ailment attacks instead of using them sub 50% and can toss out Mazio at random to nail Yosuke in addition to his sub 50% Spark attack.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Axle_Stukov posted:

Oh thank loving God, costumeless Teddie has been one of the few things I've always wanted in this game.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Can you wear the costumes all the time or are they just visuals for the armour you wear?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

So there's a new boss in Persona 4 The Golden, Kusumi-no-Ookami. She looks interesting, to say the least.

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

LightningKimba posted:

So there's a new boss in Persona 4 The Golden, Kusumi-no-Ookami. She looks interesting, to say the least.

Considering how much that looks like Kaguya-hime, the persona you get for maxing Marie's S-link that's probably from Marie's brand new personal dungeon.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

These are the best things. :swoon:

I wonder what the differences are in terms of stats.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'd hope they wouldn't have stats at all so you can just wear whichever you think is the best rather than feeling like you're gimping yourself if you like one which has a poo poo bonus. Preferably something you can select at a wardrobe in your room or something.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

I'd hope they wouldn't have stats at all so you can just wear whichever you think is the best rather than feeling like you're gimping yourself if you like one which has a poo poo bonus. Preferably something you can select at a wardrobe in your room or something.

This is a really cool idea.

It also has like no chance of actually happening. :(

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Actually I think costumes are a separate equip slot from what I've heard, so feel free to play dress-up all you like without fear of getting stomped.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Dastardly posted:

Respectable Member of Society Kanji Tatsumi is pretty much selling me on this game all on his own.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Whoa, whoa, what?

That's Kanji?

Hahahaha, I've been thinking "Who's this new guy?" for the past couple of pages.

Kanji what the hell are you doing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Note the scar.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Suaimhneas posted:

Whoa, whoa, what?

That's Kanji?

Hahahaha, I've been thinking "Who's this new guy?" for the past couple of pages.

Cleaning up :colbert:

Can't get the vaguely androgynous genius detective if you dress like a thug.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

Whoa, whoa, what?

That's Kanji?

His mom mentions that he bleaches his hair. I guess he just stopped doing that.

Also, I'm diggin' the glasses.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Looks like Rise and Yukiko got new hairdos as well. And uh, I guess Chie let her hair grow out a bit? And I like to think Kanji's new style is due to his mother nagging him.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

thebardyspoon posted:

All costumes are their own type of items so you can wear whatever you want without gimping yourself.

Edit: This guy has uploaded some P4G themes like the 8bit boss battle theme "Shin Mitsuo Tensei" among others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAP7wz__Ais

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 19, 2012

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I got my hands on a copy of Devil Summoner 2 recently and started playing it, but I have to say that I'm kind of dreadfully confused about the stat system. None of the stats seem to actually...do anything. Points into strength? No noticeable extra damage. Points into magic? No real noticeable effect. I have to be missing something here. Can someone please explain to my poor idiot self what the hell I'm evidently doing wrong?

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited

Ravana posted:

I got my hands on a copy of Devil Summoner 2 recently and started playing it, but I have to say that I'm kind of dreadfully confused about the stat system. None of the stats seem to actually...do anything. Points into strength? No noticeable extra damage. Points into magic? No real noticeable effect. I have to be missing something here. Can someone please explain to my poor idiot self what the hell I'm evidently doing wrong?

EDIT: I....I can't read

The Hater fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 20, 2012

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kanji looks like Katsuya from Persona 2 so I approve of his new style. :colbert:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Chie continues to own by playing the best instrument.

EDIT: And apparently the opening song from Rise's introductory episode in the P4 anime is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGBiDdgeoT4

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 19, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Hater posted:

Part of it comes from stats, the other part comes from different/better skills you can crack later on. Also, since a skill caps at 40, the build-up may seem a bit slow, so focus all of your points in one stat (magic or str, I would recommend magic if it's your first playthrough).

This advice will only help you if you meant to say Devil Survivor 2 instead of Devil Summoner 2.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

Chie continues to own by playing the best instrument.

EDIT: And apparently the opening song from Rise's introductory episode in the P4 anime is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGBiDdgeoT4

Teddie is the Linda McCartney of the group

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Why do I have the strange feeling that they're milking P4 for all it's worth?

Screw it Atlus, just make P4-2. I'm sure people will like it.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Krad posted:

Why do I have the strange feeling that they're milking P4 for all it's worth?

That's pretty much why they made P4 in the first place, because of the explosive popularity behind P3. It sucks that it suffered from having too many chefs in the kitchen.

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Len posted:

This advice will only help you if you meant to say Devil Survivor 2 instead of Devil Summoner 2.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering what the hell he was talking about since I'd never heard of cracking. I very much meant Summoner 2.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited

Ravana posted:

Yeah, I was kind of wondering what the hell he was talking about since I'd never heard of cracking. I very much meant Summoner 2.

Well I guess I have egg on my face huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009