Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Isn't it easier to just put mootmoot on your ignore list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Here4DaGangBang posted:

And this among the related videos of your related video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFzcWe6pH8

Jesus, I bet that thing would torque you over if you went WOT from idle, flatheads have great low rpm power.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Deeters posted:

Isn't it easier to just put mootmoot on your ignore list?

Its so much more fun to point out how poo poo he is at everything including riding and posting.

Just wait till his "piggly wiggly woo" account logs in to back him up :lol:

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Take that, Balls!

From reddit:

Edit:
I shot a bunch of clips of my brother doing backyard xr100 stuff and he made a video out of it. I was impressed with the results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUTHTwRjfI

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 19, 2012

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

These plates look so cool to me and I don't know why.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
Convenient crash footage from 3 different angles! I'd like to say that he had plenty of time to see what was happening, but it still happened really quick. I especially like the driver's "Did you not see me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLnnCIX_OQ

Currently making rounds around the motowebs, figured I would share it here as well.
The rider is pretty talkative here:http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105910 but I figure you haven't got a whole lot to do after snapping your leg like that.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

AkrisD posted:

Convenient crash footage from 3 different angles! I'd like to say that he had plenty of time to see what was happening, but it still happened really quick. I especially like the driver's "Did you not see me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLnnCIX_OQ

Currently making rounds around the motowebs, figured I would share it here as well.
The rider is pretty talkative here:http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105910 but I figure you haven't got a whole lot to do after snapping your leg like that.

Are you ok?

ninja guy posted:

She had a 100k policy, if I didn't have health insurance or uninsured/underinsured I would be majorly screwed and probably owe the hospital money. My health insurance is swooping in on half my settlement which leaves me about 32k which IMO, is not nearly enough to cover what I've been through, what I'm currently going through, and the many more months that I still have to go through.

Nah its the super skinny **** with black hair. In the video you do hear her first say are you ok but I didn't hear that when I was on the ground. All I heard her say was did you just not see me? When she said that I was so filled with rage that the flurry of insults I would have thrown at her would have made her cry. However, I was in a situation where I needed help and I figured it would be best if the only person that knew I was in an accident wasn't crying. Because I knew I wouldn't be able to control what I said to her, I chose to say nothing.

That's probably a good call on his part to not chew her out, despite how satisfying that'd be.

Apparently this was his FIRST ride, too. :drat:

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Oh Yamaha, you so know how to push my buttons and exploit my alpha douchebag accessory needs...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Another reason to slow down in neighborhoods if you value your limbs and life.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Looks to me like he was being a bit inattentive but maybe that's just because I'm watching a video over and over. Just a little too fast, just a little too slow on the brakes. I like to think I'd be covering the brakes while riding around a suburb like that. Dunno though. I also want to make fun of him for putting 3 gopros on an EX250, but it's pretty interesting and probably valuable to be able to see all that from 3 angles. But why did he block out the speedo?

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Z3n posted:

Attempting to kick the car out of the way is probably not a move you want to go with in this situation. And yeah, some subdivisions may as well be parking lots, where posted speeds are unwise on two wheels. Glad he seems to be bouncing back, though if I were in his shoes I'd be wiping the web clean of any evidence of Wholigan behavior. I'm sure the opposing suits would just love to establish a record, or at least a propensity for carelessness. Even if the video is pretty damning.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Looks to me like he was being a bit inattentive but maybe that's just because I'm watching a video over and over. Just a little too fast, just a little too slow on the brakes. I like to think I'd be covering the brakes while riding around a suburb like that. Dunno though. I also want to make fun of him for putting 3 gopros on an EX250, but it's pretty interesting and probably valuable to be able to see all that from 3 angles. But why did he block out the speedo?

Because he definitely wasn't doing just 28mph like he says.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
From where he revved and shifted I would say closer to 33-35 probably but I haven't ridden the ninja in a few months. I have trouble judging speed from the cameras sometimes cause the lens angle and camera placement throws me of.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
While blocking the speedo will save him from internet shaming, you'd think any official investigation would find another way to calculate his speed. Like measuring the length of of him passing a car and measuring it against time.

Hell, I'll do it.

Downloading the video it takes him 0.367 seconds to pass the maroon Expedition, which is 205.8 inches long according to wikipedia. That puts him at ~31.8mph. There is error in my measuring methods, but it's not 40mph like I would have guessed. Mis-measuring the car length by a foot would +- 1.8 mph, so it's under 35.

Notice how he never brakes. It takes two to...crash a ninja 250!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Gullous posted:

Notice how he never brakes. It takes two to...crash a ninja 250!
Didn't he? I heard a screech just before impact. But it seemed like he was slow on them or something.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
True... It just seemed late and ineffective. The front doesn't really dive, like a 250 should.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Linked from the Ninja crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atCrbQv5P3k&t=460s

Watch for the deer running across the road from the left. Having done the same thing (crashed and broken my ankle in the middle of nowhere, even though I didn't hit a deer and I wasn't dressed like a squid), I experienced a mixture of "Oh gently caress me, I know that hosed feeling," and amusement as the first thing he does is shout "Help! Help me!" at no one in particular[1].

Jump to 8:50 for "Mom... I crashed my bike."

9:42 "I don't need 911, honestly." Yeah, ya do.

[1]In my own experience, "gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress" works better.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

This video made Tosh.0 . I wish I could remember the slick burns he said. From the ninja crash, I guess it's better to take a crash head on than from the side? The force of a side impact seemed to brake his left femur from being planted on the peg? Maybe just let off the thighs for superman takeoff before impact?

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Safety Dance posted:

Linked from the Ninja crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atCrbQv5P3k&t=460s

Watch for the deer running across the road from the left. Having done the same thing (crashed and broken my ankle in the middle of nowhere, even though I didn't hit a deer and I wasn't dressed like a squid), I experienced a mixture of "Oh gently caress me, I know that hosed feeling," and amusement as the first thing he does is shout "Help! Help me!" at no one in particular[1].

9:42 "I don't need 911, honestly." Yeah, ya do.

[1]In my own experience, "gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress" works better.

I much prefer the "stand around looking confused saying nothing" method of post-crash interaction.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch. I love the way the cop looks at the camera as he tries to figure out whats attached to the helmet and fiddles to turn it off.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

CheeseSpawn posted:

This video made Tosh.0 . I wish I could remember the slick burns he said. From the ninja crash, I guess it's better to take a crash head on than from the side? The force of a side impact seemed to brake his left femur from being planted on the peg? Maybe just let off the thighs for superman takeoff before impact?

He broke his leg because he tried to put his foot out to push the car away as an initial reaction. This allowed his femur and the gas tank to pleasantly meet on the fender. Reading more into it he admits to going 28mph (saying his speedo is off and it's a known problem with the two-fiddy), but more than a few people have calculated it at 30+. It's just a reminder to be on guard even when putting around the neighborhood and be glad it didn't turn out worse. You could have the entire internet speculate for days on if he did this or that, but unless he takes it to heart (which it sounds like maybe some of it he is) he's not going to learn a thing. Also a reminder to up your insurance coverage since apparently the 100k the girl had didn't quite cover it all.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02m48ILh8ro
Making a fool of myself today.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Safety Dance posted:

I showed this video to my own mom, who rides, and her response was "honestly, if i had come up on him yelling like that i would have smacked him. what a loser"

quote:

I remember breathing really heavily and yelling ARRRRRGGHH over and over when I did it.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I remember breathing really heavily and yelling ARRRRRGGHH over and over when I did it.

I remember bouncing across the pavement thinking "gently caress, ow, poo poo, that hurts" then my head bounced off the pavement twice and both times it was "jesus christ thats loving way more painful than I thought it would be, I wonder if it's gonna be a concussion" then all of a sudden I was standing up going "where's my gopro? wheres my camera? dude help me find my camera."

my lowside was more like "oh. ohh. whoops. gonna be expensive. hey this is like a really expensive slip and slide."

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I don't even see a shifter. Where is it?

invision posted:

my lowside was more like "oh. ohh. whoops. gonna be expensive. hey this is like a really expensive slip and slide."

During my first big crash (I, traveling about 40-50, rear-ended a Nissan traveling about 30-40), my train of thought went from "Oh this is gonna suck" as I saw the Nissan getting closer to "Huh. This doesn't suck as bad as I thought it was going to. I hope my bike doesn't hit me," as I slid along the ground.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 19, 2012

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Z3n posted:

Seriously. I live on one of those Seattle "two way streets that really only work as one way streets because of all the parked cars also did I mention there are no yield or stop signs in any direction at intersections" streets. Now way I'm going faster than 20 (if that) and not yielding at every intersection.

I'd say he could have avoided it. He braked too late and didn't use the rear. He should have started to slow the moment he noticed her car moving into his path or at least cover the brakes and downshift. I want to say he froze. \
I'm going to assume that when he says "28 in a 25" he means "When I hit the car I had slowed to 28."
That doesn't make her any less wrong. They both just seem inattentive to me.

E: My lowside was "Ugh, off to wor- where is my rear tire go-I am on the ground and my bike is sliding away from me what the gently caress oh look at the pretty sparks I hope it stops before hitting a car."

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

For the spaghetti version of Easy Rider, I have finally found the perfect partner for the Ducati Indiana.

Behold, the Moto Morini Excalibur 501.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That looks very Chinese

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
It looks very squished

Like the pillion's practically riding on your shoulders

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Let's squeeze just one more CC out of this bitch.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

500ccs? 500's are for women and other such milkdrinkers. THIS...has 501ccs. THIS is a mans bike,

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Olde Weird Tip posted:

That looks very Chinese

Italian.

They also made bikes like this:

E: vvvv Because it's a nearly 30 year old bike itself?

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 19, 2012

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
If you were going to copy an American-market cruiser, why the hell would you choose a 30-year-old Virago?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

That GS1150E looks so beaten its adorable :3:

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Bucephalus posted:

If you were going to copy an American-market cruiser, why the hell would you choose a 30-year-old Virago?

It's a ringer for Kaw 454, 'cept for the V.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Posted this in the helmet cam thread but reposting here, nice ride around DC on a pretty evening. You get a nice view of the monuments and poo poo.

Ride around on DC on a nice evening, sound fixed in this one but video is boring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUfnQoJWY-s&hd=1

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Pope Mobile posted:

Seriously. I live on one of those Seattle "two way streets that really only work as one way streets because of all the parked cars also did I mention there are no yield or stop signs in any direction at intersections" streets. Now way I'm going faster than 20 (if that) and not yielding at every intersection.

:smith::hf::smith:

Sup, tiny Seattle street buddy? These 'hoods definitely require maximum attentiveness. I live in Capitol Hill and this place especially turns into a shitshow on weekend nights, as all the people from the Eastside/other areas come to the Hill to party. Which means ~10-15mph puttering along while they look for a parking spot, even though they can't parallel park, and lots of random stops/goes/turns/swerves. Awful.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

I don't even see a shifter. Where is it?

The foot controls are reversed on Bultacos. Brake is on the left, shifter is on the right. I have already ordered the parts necessary to mount the shifter in it's normal location and convert the solid rear brake to a cable actuated version on the right side. So cool how you can just go back and forth.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006
I love that little bike. If that was for sale near me I would buy it for sure. I am slightly jel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.
I love what looks like a thumbs up by the kickstart.