Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

TC: I AM GOING TO MOTHERFUCKING KILL ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.
TC: and paint the wicked pictures with your motherfuckin blood.
TC: FROM YOUR VEINS WILL DRIP MY MIRACLES.
TC: your crushed bones will make my special stardust.

Box of special stardust just lyin' around back there.

EDIT: Also her fanart wall has all four kids, two pictures of her as a troll, a big picture of Roxy, and a picture of Dirk hugging... someone? It's a purple silhouette, so probably Roxy?

fatherdog fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Is that Scratch's gun holster?

Bud.
Jun 18, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Remember Lord English's pegleg? I wonder if uu or UU will take drastic measures to get free from those shackles.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

KoB posted:

Is that Scratch's gun holster?

If you're seeing it too, like I said a few posts ago, then yes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bud. posted:

Remember Lord English's pegleg? I wonder if uu or UU will take drastic measures to get free from those shackles.

gently caress, you're absolutely right. That would be unbelievably perfect.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Bud. posted:

SAW. Cut off your own leg for your survival.

I really hope this next part is going to be a parody of Saw, please please please :ohdear:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The poster with all four B2 kids is from the Universe B album, no?

It seems she likes Roxy the most, seeing as how all the fanart pieces include her (except for the green cue ball(?) thing on the farthest left). And the fanart of UU/uu of course.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is that...bacon on the ground?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
And the huge green tome on top of the ~ATH book is seems to be the one Rose has on the meteor.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
aaaaand curtains.

good god. the juju beans killed me.

Bud. posted:

there is no way in hell this isn't gonna happen.

snucks fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 19, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Let's have a look at the room here, starting with the art.On the right is the Universe B album cover, of course. There's two drawings of herself as a troll, one of Roxy, one of Roxy and Dirk, and one that appears to be a portrait of Doc Scratch.

There's candy all around, as well as raw, bloody steaks and bacon. A ~ATH manual and an unidentified green-and-orange book underneath a drawing table. A broken chess board, and, of course, uu's symbol on a leg shackle, paralleling this shot of Calmasis in a more literal manner than I was expecting.

The chess match was apparently recent, as the board is broken and the pieces are scattered everywhere.

I don't recognize the green object near the bottom of the frame.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Nondevor posted:

The poster with all four B2 kids is from the Universe B album, no?

Yeah, those are from the Universe B album cover. (Drawn by Shelby in reality, like all of UU's art.)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Homestuck posted:

You are now Calliope.

How horrifying.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

gently caress, you're absolutely right. That would be unbelievably perfect.

Even better, LE is missing his right leg. In the recent update Calliope has uu's symbol on her shackle for her left leg. We can only assume that uu has Calliope's symbol on a shackle on his right leg, as seen in this Calmasis picture: (link)

JollityFarm
Dec 29, 2011
You guys, her room is covered in ham and steak. Hamsteaks. Homestucks.

We are Calliope. She is us. She's also a big cute and I'm sincerely hoping that Hussie doesn't make her evil. It's Hussie's comic and he'll do whatever he drat well pleases but come on man, just give me this one.

ETA:
She is also stuck at home.

JollityFarm fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 19, 2012

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triskelli posted:

Even better, LE is missing his right leg. In the recent update Calliope has uu's symbol on her shackle for her left leg. We can only assume that uu has Calliope's symbol on a shackle on his right leg, as seen in this Calmasis picture: (link)

Would be interesting if the room zooms out to show the other end of the chain attached to the right leg of a sleaping uu.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

JollityFarm posted:

We are Calliope. She is us. She's also a big cute and I'm sincerely hoping that Hussie doesn't make her evil. It's Hussie's comic and he'll do whatever he drat well pleases but come on man, just give me this one.

ETA:

:sbahj:

Bud.
Jun 18, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

JollityFarm posted:

ETA:

I guess Hussie managed to find an appropriate time for ham after all these years.

EDIT:

H.R. Hufflepuff fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 19, 2012

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

fatherdog posted:

Would be interesting if the room zooms out to show the other end of the chain attached to the right leg of a sleaping uu.

First thought that crossed my mind was that since not both legs are on shackles, UU and uu take turns sleeping and don't actually share the same body.

That would be just silly.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe the reason UU and uu can't be awake simultaneously is that they are both shackled to a third party, which must be monitored at all times?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I can't quite categorize things like this, but I'm pretty sure there are piles of these things that keep from not happening to get taller.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Oh thank god--Somehow being rendered in a more symbolic manner makes her a whole hell of a lot less horrifying. Looks like she's a Dirk/Roxy shipper from what little I can see on the wall. Not sure what those red/green swirly things are--mints maybe? If so, what's the crazy relevance/foreshadowing there? C'mon people, get to theorizing :argh:

JollityFarm posted:

ETA:

:psyboom:The meta reference pile doesn't stop from getting taller.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Didn't uu say his favorite foods are meat and candy? Guess he's messy and that's why it's spread all over.

Expecting a weird sprite-flip joke if they do indeed have one body.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm starting to think that they don't have one body at all. Or even one dream-self, as one is a Derse Dreamer and the other is on Prospit. They do happen to live together though--- in fact they are chained together--- and only one of them can be awake at the same time, for some reason.

Also:

That cueball-headed rear end in a top hat posted:

TT: But in the process of killing him and you, I release your master, who is just as deadly?
He's more deadly.
But the danger he poses is sanctioned by paradox space.
Lord English was a SBURB player the entire time.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 19, 2012

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

When is this from? I can't remember who says it, can you link the page?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Rooreelooo posted:

When is this from? I can't remember who says it, can you link the page?

It's from when Hussie is about to get gunned down by English.

EDIT: Other references to "special stardust" are all from Gamzee.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman

Bobulus posted:

Didn't uu say his favorite foods are meat and candy? Guess he's messy and that's why it's spread all over.

Was just going to say this.

God, I still find Calliope horrifyingly ugly, even in sprite form.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

By the way, if this is going the way I expect it to go, all of this explains why Lord English is so feared and powerful. He's probably just this sburb player, you know? Just this player with mastery over both time and space classes. No wonder you have to pull complete bullshit to defeat him.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Tumblr user imreadingthishomestuckthing makes a good point: The Doc Scratch items (gun holster, drawing, etc) makes it slightly more likely that UU and uu are confined on a post-troll-death Alternia or one of its moons (We've only seen the A1 version of the pink moon...) After all, he's known for holding children captive.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I guess Hussie managed to find an appropriate time for ham after all these years.
Out of everything posted so far, this slays me the worst.

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Not sure what those red/green swirly things are--mints maybe? If so, what's the crazy relevance/foreshadowing there? C'mon people, get to theorizing :argh:
Ever read Uzumaki?

Bobulus posted:

Expecting a weird sprite-flip joke if they do indeed have one body.
If a sprite flip ends up being how uu and UU exchange usage of their physical body, I am going to laugh sooooooo hard.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 19, 2012

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Once you beat the game, aren't you supposed to go live in the universe you created? That might be why the U's could be on an Alternia or a moon.

edit: Except Doc Scratch and Alternia's green moon don't exist in A1

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Another update!

Anyone got any idea what that symbol is? Because I am seriously not... ideaing... very good... right now.

... time for bed.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Mazerunner posted:

Anyone got any idea what that symbol is?

Cue ball?

...plus a spiral tail.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dolash posted:

But the problem with Jane being the "normal" kid is we already had a normal kid - John. The Everyman Protagonist (meaning the 'normal' one compared to the other characters) only really works when they're the audience's main surrogate, receiving exposition they can share with the reader and such. It turns any neutral parts of their character into strengths by keeping the narrative around them stable and any particularly strong character moves they make are more pronounced as a result. Karkat was also a bit of an Everyman Protagonist (albeit one with an anger quirk) in Hivebent, but he was meant to contrast heavily with John and help set the different tone of the trolls' session.

And I think the important thing is, as mentioned, that Jane has the most to lose. Every character BUT Jane had some issue prior to playing the game. John's biggest problem in life as readers understand was his relationship with his dad, and it's pretty obvious to anyone that that would change in some fashion as things went on. Jane has a cozy life--her biggest problem beforehand is more or less that sometimes a magic cat drops her off in another part of town. On top of that she comes off as far more social and connected to the world than John to me--I'm not really sure where I even get that interpretation, to be honest, but she seems far more grounded in reality than he ever was. But above all her prime motivation to play is genuine curiosity, which is a stark contrast to the motivations of every other kid--there was not even any particular urgency or complication that necessitated her entry into the game.

(pretend i made a clever "curiosity killed the godcat" joke here somehow, ok thanks)

She's certainly the least-developed character we have so far, but I think that's because her purpose is to be the one to call the harsh cycle of Sburb into question, whereas everyone else has just sort of accepted it or suppressed their feelings about it. If she actually "works" as a character remains to be seen, but it's very clear to me that this is going to be the backbone of her development in the future.

I guess we're past this conversation, but I had been thinkin' about all this while working on some stuff earlier.

EDIT:

Triskelli posted:

Rule 1 Of Homestuck: never EVER expect characters with asymmetric designs to stay consistent. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006011 Rewatch this, notice how Doc Scratch's LEFT leg is the severed one, and the one English initially grows his peg leg out of his the left side, but then at the end it's on his right.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 19, 2012

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Latest posts have some artwork. Look at the one to the left, with the big white ball with a swirl coming off.
Looks like GCAT curled into a ball as cats do often, don't it? And the green's all about it, with the tail lashing out at the red bits nearest.
Just noticing something here.

EDIT: 'To the left is a drawing of nothing in particular. Nothing you understand, at least. This is a symbol which has haunted your visions for as long as you can remember.'

Ass-Haggis fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 19, 2012

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

nerdbot posted:

Rule 1 Of Homestuck: never EVER expect characters with asymmetric designs to stay consistent. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006011 Rewatch this, notice how Doc Scratch's LEFT leg is the severed one, and the one English initially grows his peg leg out of his the left side, but then at the end it's on his right.

I think that's just the lack of detail in Doc's character making it seem like he's laying face up, when he's really face down, and his right leg is his severed leg.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Jewel posted:

SAW. Cut off your own leg for your survival.

I really hope this next part is going to be a parody of Saw, please please please :ohdear:

I want to play a game, Dirk.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Desfore posted:

I think that's just the lack of detail in Doc's character making it seem like he's laying face up, when he's really face down, and his right leg is his severed leg.
"Face" doesn't really mean much in Scratch's case, does it?

But yes, if really look at http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006011 you'll notice that Scratch is clearly... transposed towards the ground. You can see that hole Hussie mentioned that was in his back, and you can't see his bowtie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It appears we get conformation via Calliope's Trollsona that her name is pronounced Call-i-o-pe.