Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

QuoProQuid posted:

A whole bunch of posters for Total Recall came out yesterday.

My fantasy is for someone's rear end to go to Mars, I'm not taking any of this moon poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
For several years, my iPhone voicemail alert has been the "FOR THE MEMORYYYYYYY OF A LIFETIIIIIME, REKALL, REKALL, REKALLLLLL!" audio clip from the movie.

It's a good'un.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Cleretic posted:

My fantasy is for someone's rear end to go to Mars, I'm not taking any of this moon poo poo.

I'm not even sure that's the moon. It looks like he's on an asteroid that's about to collide with the Pacific Ocean.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

I'm not even sure that's the moon. It looks like he's on an asteroid that's about to collide with the Pacific Ocean.

Asteroid surfing would be awesome, don't deny it.

I also think humans never went to Mars in the new movie because they spend all their money building an elevator that goes through the Earth.

PriorMarcus posted:

Well, at least they put effort into this one. The rest of them look like stock photos.

Well, that would true to life for certain ads.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I also think humans never went to Mars in the new movie

They don't. In the original story by PKD, a trip to Mars never happened, either, so this is actually closer to the source material than the Arnold movie, which will forever hold a special place in my heart.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

PriorMarcus posted:

Well, at least they put effort into this one. The rest of them look like stock photos.
It kind of makes sense doesn't it? Obviously Rekall cares as little about having nice posters as most movie studios. :v:

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

This guy's amazing stuff popped up on my tumblr: http://timothyandersonart-illustration.blogspot.com.au/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aaah, he sells prints at a reasonable cost.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope he chose that Matrix line for how funny it is.

keet
Aug 20, 2005

Olewithmilk posted:

I'm sorry if this has been posted but I just saw one of the posters for Snow White and the Huntsman:

Sorry about the quality of the crow pic, I only have paint here.

Aweseomcrow aside, it's not only creepy because of the whites of the eyes, but the idea a bird could turn its eyes to you (instead of turning its whole head comically because birds can't really do the former) feels immensely creepy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Have $250 to $350 to spare for a poster?

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/mondo-struzan-the-thing/8439

quote:

Drew Struzan's THE THING poster will be available this Friday at the Summer of 1982 screening in Austin.

Not only is Mondo releasing a new poster for The Thing, but they're reaching all the back to 1982 to do so. They're releasing a limited edition, screen print of Drew Struzan's original artwork for the poster. No titles, no taglines, no names; just Struzan's glorious painting.

Every print will be personally signed by Struzan, and they'll be on sale at Friday's Movies.com-presented screening of The Thing (hope you got tickets!), with the remainder of the run going on sale online at a later date.

$250 for that or $350 for glow in the dark.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vintersorg posted:

glow in the dark.

Oh. My. God.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Ehh, I'd pay $250 for the actual poster, not just the art.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

I probably would pay that much for one, but know that there's no way I'll get chance to due to the way Mondo does things.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is there a word for artsy slice of life ensemble posters that let you know immediately just how depressing a movie is going to be? You know with all of the headshots of actors looking pensive or wistful or contemplative. Take for example Fireflies in the Garden:

But then there's this one which is actually kind of cool:

Oh and don't watch this movie if you haven't. Sure enough it was a depressing slice of life ensemble movie made even worse by the fact that something like 45 minutes was cut and nothing makes and sense and there's no resolution.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Ehh, I'd pay $250 for the actual poster, not just the art.

I don't know. I'd love to have that thing, huge, framed in my living room, so that I could high-five people who recognize it without seeing the title.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Yodzilla posted:

Is there a word for artsy slice of life ensemble posters that let you know immediately just how depressing a movie is going to be? You know with all of the headshots of actors looking pensive or wistful or contemplative. Take for example Fireflies in the Garden:

Oh and don't watch this movie if you haven't. Sure enough it was a depressing slice of life ensemble movie made even worse by the fact that something like 45 minutes was cut and nothing makes and sense and there's no resolution.

Willem Dafoe in The Inability to Smile

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Vintersorg posted:

Before seeing that, paying $250 for a movie poster would have been something I would never have considered.

I would definitely pay $250 for that.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

People who get to go to these Alamo screenings are so loving lucky.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They're a loving blast, yeah.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Gonz posted:

His fantasy was to be Bruce Willis in Armageddon.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

AFewBricksShy posted:

Before seeing that, paying $250 for a movie poster would have been something I would never have considered.

I would definitely pay $250 for that.

You could buy the original for $125,000 if you really wanted to

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope he chose that Matrix line for how funny it is.

Out of all the possible pseudo-philosophical lines from the movie that could be on there, he picks one that isn't even about the Matrix itself?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cacator posted:

Out of all the possible pseudo-philosophical lines from the movie that could be on there, he picks one that isn't even about the Matrix itself?

I'm guessing he wanted a line that fit the aesthetic he designs towards, not one that would summarise the film itself.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Cacator posted:

It looks like the cover of some cheesy sci-fi novel and has a quote to match.

Shifter
Nov 28, 2003
I owe Crowley a beer!
Browsing through that site I've only just realized how much I've been exposed to that man's art over the decades. drat.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Cacator posted:

No one can be told what The Matrix is. The Matrix said so!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

Growing up in a German-speaking country it always amused me how they had change titles because the german equivalent would sound silly or make no sense.

"Glühwürmchen im Garten" sounds like a cute children's flick. :3:

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Haha, that Ebert quote: “a great barf-bag movie.” Way to sell that poster.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ZeeBoi posted:

Growing up in a German-speaking country it always amused me how they had change titles because the german equivalent would sound silly or make no sense.

"Glühwürmchen im Garten" sounds like a cute children's flick. :3:

Willem Dafoe's jaw is as wide as everyone else's put together.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Lobok posted:

Willem Dafoe's jaw is as wide as everyone else's put together.

Just like in real life! :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Anyone post "Masque of the Red Death" poster? Its probably my favorite poster.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Teaser for Taken 2 is out

It's a simple design and gets straight to the point. It's Liam Neeson beats the poo poo out of Europe, Part 2. Simple and effective.

And here's the first poster I've seen for Spike Lee's latest, Red Hook Summer.

I haven't the slightest clue of what the movie's about, but it catches the eye and it certainly makes me interested in it. It's just a shame that the majority of his movies recently have been pretty lovely.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

It's a simple design and gets straight to the point. It's Liam Neeson beats the poo poo out of Europe, Part 2. Simple and effective.
I don't have a clue how that movie could have a sequel, yet at the same time I'm thrilled it does.

And speaking of movies that don't need sequels but should have; where's the Inside Man sequel you promised, Spike Lee? :argh:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Vagabundo posted:

That has got to be the unluckiest family ever. Didn't they learn their lesson to not leave America in the first one?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

I don't have a clue how that movie could have a sequel

Taken My Wife: Pleeeaasseee?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Leper Residue posted:

That has got to be the unluckiest family ever. Didn't they learn their lesson to not leave America in the first one?

There's a trailer that sorta explains what happens. This movie's gonna rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZ2eQ0PpW4

The lighting in the poster is weird though. Here's Liam Neeson's nose and forehead!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

User-Friendly posted:

There's a trailer that sorta explains what happens. This movie's gonna rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZ2eQ0PpW4

Yeah, that looks just about as I expected. Quite badass.

Directed by Olivier Megaton. Alllllright.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
^^^^^^Megaton Ofownich would be the best name ever.

I like the plot to this film. Remember that guy we hosed with earlier who came by and hosed us royally. Lets gently caress with him again. They should call this movie Taken: The Refucking. Also got to love a dad who calls his daughter twice to tell her she has is about to be kidnapped. I wonder if he does every once and a while for shits and giggles .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Leper Residue posted:

The unluckiest family since The McClane-Gennaros.

I was hoping Liam was kidnapped and the mom and daughter would have to find hidden reserves of inner strength and kickassiocity to rescue him. But this plot looks good too.