Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Defiance Industries posted:

Hey, I sucked pretty hard, so I have no room to judge people. I got Paul Masters shot out of his Orion because "assuming average LRM damage!!" means Ion Rush kills you for trying to draw fire.

That said, I hope the poor guy is now safe and sound and back among his friends, riding around in a shiny new Orion. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I'm not gonna stop you; I award myself stuff all the time. Just last week I decided my valor and handsomeness had warranted inducting myself into the Grand Duchy of Furillo's Most Honorable Order of The A-Team.

Well, you are a Lyran, giving yourself accolades is in your blueblood :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Do you have to buy yourself a new avatar to get the gangtag?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Walking backwards over an elevation change is an illegal move. All that other stuff can kill you, but the elevation change can't happen.

You also forgot: walking through water. Of any depth (but especially depth 3 or deeper).

Fifth item on the list, between swamps and MASC.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

paragon1 posted:

Do you have to buy yourself a new avatar to get the gangtag?

Yup, goes in your title text.

e: What up goons, Gangtag is in the house!

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 19, 2012

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Just wanted to say that, even though I've done little but watch since the heady days of the Space Mexicans (:mexico:), I still wear my MVP badge with pride.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
My new avatar and tag sorta blend together, it kinda owns

edit: I guess this means I might as well actually sign up to take a turn at piloting, right? Full disclosure though, I'm gonna get blown up in like 3 turns (if I ever get picked, that is)

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 19, 2012

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm hypnotized by the synchronized Hauptmann action.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Walking backwards over an elevation change is an illegal move. All that other stuff can kill you, but the elevation change can't happen.

You also forgot: walking through water. Of any depth (but especially depth 3 or deeper).

Is this a house a rule? In the MegaMek games we are playing, you can back up and down an incline, but there is a piloting roll.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
The copy of Total Warfare I'm looking at is pretty straight forward. No level changes using backwards movement.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I am fairly sure (like 65%) that is one of the changes they made from BMR to TW.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
It is an optional tacops rule. To make this post not low content, I still say that the bobcat is pretty aces as a mech.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
The Bobcat is clearly some kind of bullshitanium alloy supermech from the future. In other news, this gangtag looks pretty sweet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, at least it's probably not crit-packed. It's got DHS so that was a possibility.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Picard Day posted:

Though it would have been fun to see the FWL crumble entirely.

No, it would have been fun to see YOU crumble entirely! :argh:

Love for Goonlance and saving the FWL. The FWL is awesome, darnit, and needs to not fall to pieces like it always does.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Love for Goonlance and saving the FWL. The FWL is awesome, darnit, and needs to not fall to pieces like it always does.

The FWL, not crumble? You would not ask the rain not to fall, nor the thunder not to boom. It shall fall because it is. It must.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

They haven't saved the FWL, they've only improved its situation from Assured Destruction to PTN has to roll the Zoidberg-Solo die, which is actually, technically, called a FWL die.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Malachite_Dragon posted:

nor the thunder not to boom.

Erm, excuse me, I think you'll find it was Thunder that helped with saving the FWL. Rolling Thunder. :colbert:

Speaking of it seems that whenever Goonlance fights for the FWL we get our mission saved by a completely freak dice roll taking out a dangerous mech instantly. This warrants further testing to see if it keeps happening.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

ActionZero posted:

Erm, excuse me, I think you'll find it was Thunder that helped with saving the FWL. Rolling Thunder. :colbert:

Speaking of it seems that whenever Goonlance fights for the FWL we get our mission saved by a completely freak dice roll taking out a dangerous mech instantly. This warrants further testing to see if it keeps happening.

As a FWL player I can confirm that more than a few matches are determined by round 1/2 Ostsols blowing their legs out after MASC failure, or by TACing out the gyro of an enemy's assault.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The FWL, not crumble? You would not ask the rain not to fall, nor the thunder not to boom. It shall fall because it is. It must.

No, you must! :argh:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

ActionZero posted:

I'd rather see Goonlance go up against the FWL and see if the freak dice roll works for PTN, too.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ActionZero posted:

Who needs the Phantom Mech ability when you can have Phantom Crits? :haw:

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
The gangtag is beautiful. I hope I'll be able to have a turn before the thread ends. :ohdear:

It looks like this match is just about over. I gotta say, the Hermes seems like a pretty good MVP vote for me. For OpFor it's a close call between the Griffin and the Bobcat.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ActionZero posted:

Holy poo poo :master:

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Treuan posted:

The gangtag is beautiful. I hope I'll be able to have a turn before the thread ends. :ohdear:

It looks like this match is just about over. I gotta say, the Hermes seems like a pretty good MVP vote for me. For OpFor it's a close call between the Griffin and the Bobcat.

Bobcat for sure, ACE has made planning moves the worst pain in the rear end. And the match isn't over yet, bad things could still happen.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Pretty lucky roll there with the AC/5 breaking through the rear armor and taking out the gyro of the Coyote like that. Now if only you guys could have that kind of luck when dealing with the Bobcat.

Also, the new gangtag is beautiful. Maybe I'll pick it up after my turn to play rolls around...

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
I just may need to trade in my Old Fashioned tag for a Goonlance one. Mad Men is great but Battletech delivers twice the drama for half the commercials. I'll miss you Don Draper :smith:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Join us. It is magical.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Alright, I've searched through the MW:O thread and here, and I just can't find it but I know it was one of the two.

Someone posted a mod that was letting you control an IS great House, handling mech deployments and poo poo. I meant to take a second look at it, but I was at work and then forgot about it.

Anybody remember the mod name, or the guy who posted it or anything? :saddowns:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Those gang tags make me super jealous that I don't have the time to put my hat into the ring and take a turn :(

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Join us. It is magical.

Who do I talk to to get one?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Casualty posted:

Who do I talk to to get one?

Buy an avatar, put this in the Title field

code:
[img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/3b/82/00071285.0001.gif[/img]
And you're good to go.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Zaodai posted:

Alright, I've searched through the MW:O thread and here, and I just can't find it but I know it was one of the two.

Someone posted a mod that was letting you control an IS great House, handling mech deployments and poo poo. I meant to take a second look at it, but I was at work and then forgot about it.

Anybody remember the mod name, or the guy who posted it or anything? :saddowns:

There's a MW:O thread? Where? And please don't say it's on like the front page here in the LP subforum or I'm going to feel so incredibly stupid :cripes:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's a MW:O thread? Where? And please don't say it's on like the front page here in the LP subforum or I'm going to feel so incredibly stupid :cripes:
Front page of Games, usually.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3445397

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

The Casualty posted:

I just may need to trade in my Old Fashioned tag for a Goonlance one. Mad Men is great but Battletech delivers twice the drama for half the commercials. I'll miss you Don Draper :smith:

Just pretend that Hauptmann's small laser is a Lucky Stripe.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nevets posted:

Just pretend that Hauptmann's small laser is a Lucky Strike.

:argh: It's Lucky Strike, not Lucky Stripe!

(not actually super mad but they're all I smoke)

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
gently caress I knew that. Where the hell did I get stripe from?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Nevets posted:

gently caress I knew that. Where the hell did I get stripe from?

Red Stripe beer of the ridiculously memorable commercials, probably.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
MWO Mech #13 Trebuchet:

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/06/289-battlemech-13-trebuchet

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Trebuchet

Kinda meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

OTOH, it is rocking the insignia of one of my favorite units, the 17th Donegal Guard. Those dudes are nuts.

• Locked thread