Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

plastered quack posted:

What about Amazon? CBB is also available there. I tried googling info about it being US restricted but couldn't find anything solid.

Nope! This is tom foolery of the highest order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I'm literally in tears listening to 120 - Harris Wittels, Adam Scott, and Chelsea Peretti.

Specifically Adam and Harris improving as lumber yard workers where they are married to each others sisters except they forgot that and it turns out that they were fighting because they hosed each others wives.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Victorkm posted:

I'm literally in tears listening to 120 - Harris Wittels, Adam Scott, and Chelsea Peretti.

Specifically Adam and Harris improving as lumber yard workers where they are married to each others sisters except they forgot that and it turns out that they were fighting because they hosed each others wives.

Jack Sjunior.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Victorkm posted:

Welcome to the best Comedy Bang Bang has to offer. Seriously, that episode is amazing.

If you're interested in more Harris: Episode 89 with him and Nick Kroll

More Adam: Episode 80 with him, Ice T and Jessie the Mind/Body/Heart/Bill Ventura

Both personal favorites. Wasn't there going to be a Peretti-Scott-Wittles reunion on CBB at some point? Please tell me that's still happening.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Both personal favorites. Wasn't there going to be a Peretti-Scott-Wittles reunion on CBB at some point? Please tell me that's still happening.

Yeah, Adam Scott tweeted it about a month ago. No word since but hopefully it'll be out soon.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

CBB just announced a live tour.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/comedy-bang-bang-announces-live-tour,81432/

I've got my tickets!

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Lugaloco posted:

Welcome to the best Comedy Bang Bang has to offer. Seriously, that episode is amazing.

If you're interested in more Harris: Episode 89 with him and Nick Kroll

More Adam: Episode 80 with him, Ice T and Jessie the Mind/Body/Heart/Bill Ventura

Yeah I've listened to almost everything up to a certain point and everything recent I'm just catching up to the in between. I'm not sure if I have heard 89 yet. I went back to 100 and I'm counting up to like 150 now.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The one damned week I'm going to be out of town! That's so pants.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

mennoknight posted:

Nope! This is tom foolery of the highest order.

You should write a message to them and tell them people outside the US want to watch it and are unable to to get it.

Maybe they could get IFC to sell it to BBC America, or whatever they call BBC America over there.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I loved this week's episode. Deanna Russo/Tamara G's answer "neither" was so loving brilliant for practically any WYR while remaining in character that I almost exploded. Janet Varney/Carly had a grip of lines that absolutely destroyed me, she was the MVP imo. If yall ain't watch Burning Love yet, give it a try. Ken Marino is too loving handsome.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Whoa, that's a real thing? I guess I heard about it before but I never bothered to look it up

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I was super bummed SPOILER ALERT FOR FAKE REALITY INTERNET SERIES that Kristen Bell got sent off so early.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Blackula69 posted:

Whoa, that's a real thing? I guess I heard about it before but I never bothered to look it up

Oh, I assumed it was a real reality show that they were parodying. But it's a real show that parodies reality shows? Awesome. Sign me up, especially if it's got Ken Marino. I've been wondering why I haven't seen him in more stuff lately.

edit: lame, Yahoo TV? I wish these guys could get their shows on TV channels that I could watch on my TV.

edit2: seriously, Yahoo could pay a Roku dev for one or two days work to get their poo poo up on Roku. I've messed with their scripting language and it's quite easy. But they put all this money into Yahoo!Screen and don't even bother putting a little effort into distributing it to popular video platforms? Why? (Same goes for IFC too)

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 19, 2012

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

I got a ticket to the Seattle show! As soon as I heard it was happening, I immediately bought mine.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
This episode was great. Best WYR game so far in my opinion. Ken Marino's questions were amazing. "What are the names of the women I rescue?".

And of course the brilliant "get that horse away from me" line.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I didn't get to finish this week's episode yet (the file somehow got corrupted mid-playback), so I'm sorry if this was answered in Plugs, but are there going to be any other guests besides Tim Heidecker and James Adomian?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They mentioned Tompkins and Daly and invoked a bunch of special guests they cannot mention yet.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Am I alone in not loving Nick Kroll? I love him on the league and I like him not in a character, and I even like Bobby B and Fabrice to an extent. Unfortunately I found his special on Netflix nearly unwatchable, and I tune out every time he does Chupacabra and subcharacters.

I also think he isn't flexible enough when he is in character - he seems to be less improving the character than he is acting as a predefined character.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
You don't love Nick Kroll, but you like him in practically everything he does except for one character?

You're probably not alone, but I just can't get enough Chupacabra.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Nemo posted:

You don't love Nick Kroll, but you like him in practically everything he does except for one character?

You're probably not alone, but I just can't get enough Chupacabra.

Hah good point. It's more that I see the wholesale love expressed in this thread and I just don't see it. I don't think his characters are really about his improv talent as they are about playing a character who is already defined in his mind.

Plus Chupa just annoys me.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I love Kroll on CBB but I'd be lying if I said his stand up on Saturday wasn't a minor disappointment. I actually really like his taped special but this was a little too loose and had a little too much space between high points. It's odd because I wasn't expecting much of Adomian's stand up and he was amazing. Nick Kroll was merely B+.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Chupacabra owns and I am sad every time he ends up doing something else on CBB.
I didn't really like his special on Netflix all that much though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Guys, I miss Fabrice :(

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I could lose everything Nick Kroll has done outside of Chupacabra calling Jon Hamm "Juan Jamón". I'm keeping that.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I love Nick Kroll. I just wish the Oh Hello guys would come back. Thats one of my top 5 all time episodes.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I like that when Chupacabra shows up he mocks Scott for not being on proper radio. I wish I could remember specifics now, but it always makes me howl.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Chupacabra's best side-character is the firefighter who called up and talked about signing up to get some of that "9/11 runoff pussy".

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Victorkm posted:

Am I alone in not loving Nick Kroll? I love him on the league and I like him not in a character, and I even like Bobby B and Fabrice to an extent. Unfortunately I found his special on Netflix nearly unwatchable, and I tune out every time he does Chupacabra and subcharacters.

I also think he isn't flexible enough when he is in character - he seems to be less improving the character than he is acting as a predefined character.

I like Kroll. He's really good on The League.

I loved Chupacabra, but he's got a lot of Chupacabra bits that he seems to repeat over and over rather than doing improv.

I never really liked the Bobby B. and Fabrice characters. I agree that his stand-up special on Netflix was really bad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Kroll is great when he's being very disordered, bringing in and dropping characters when he feels like it, for example the episode with Paul Scheer and the one with John Mulaney. At the end there ten characters in the room and Scott is trying to get them talking over each other.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Victorkm posted:

The characters aren't really that dynamic, but he improvs really really well with them. The spoken word Fabrice Fabrice poem and bringing his baby phone callback in for a Would You Rather as Chupacabra immediately come to mind.

E: I will say I couldn't watch very much of his netflix special.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Does anyone do a flamboyantly gay character that is actually funny?

I guess it's a sign of the somewhat more enlightened times we live in, but exaggerated gay characters now feel as awkward as a 1970s black guy imitation.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Oh my I just made it to the Halloween 2011 show. Is it worth continuing to listen? I'm about 20 minutes in and wanting to kill everyone involved.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
what, in the ghost house or whatever? It's amazing and there's an amazing rap coming up

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I remember not liking that at first, either, but it's good by the end, I swear.
~Thuithide Houth~

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Also I think Jon Daly's dad was sitting in during that episode so they didn't get as gross as they did on the first halloween episode.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

The 2010 Halloween episode is my all time favorite CBB. Everything Jon Daly says in it pretty much drives me loving wild.

Sometimes I get depressed about ephemeral entertainment I've missed and the Comedy Dead Ray special that Mortimer and Buford LeBaron hosted will forever be something I regret missing.

The 2011 one is not nearly as good but I remember it being a solid episode.

EDIT: Seriously, just listen to the 2nd clip on here. Every single time Jon Daly says "Yehth"...

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/crappy-howl-o-ween/

Woffle fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 20, 2012

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!
By the way, CHUPA means "To suck"... CABRA means "goat". You put them together and "CAKEBOSS!"

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
It seems so obvious that he should get bitten by Cake Chupacabras.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Goose Halo posted:

It seems so obvious that he should get bitten by Cake Chupacabras.

Cake Chupakaybrosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Does anyone do a flamboyantly gay character that is actually funny?

I guess it's a sign of the somewhat more enlightened times we live in, but exaggerated gay characters now feel as awkward as a 1970s black guy imitation.

Does Fabrice ever even say he's gay? Either way, his sexuality isn't really part of his character, unless talking and acting like he does automatically means "gay".

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 20, 2012