Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, Indigo is Gamzee's blood color. Not sure why the actual ink is blueish. Guess it faded over time? Or it's an art error?

Equius is the indigoblood, and the inkpot for these blots. Gamzee's blood is purple. (Eridan's is violet, Feferi's fuchsia.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

drat, I'm wrong. The confusion is that indigo is apparently a colorname that is used for multiple colors? At least, the web color named "indigo" (4B0082) is a deep purple very similar to Gamzee's. http://www.gb.nrao.edu/~cbignell/testcolors.html

But it can also mean a deep blue like Equius's, and, indeed, when Gamzee was selling potions, he called the Equius-colored one Indigo, so, yeah.

...I think we had this exact discussion back then, too.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I think that C&M refers to "Indigo Heir" and "Indigo Archer" we can assume that yeah, Equius's blood is intended to be indigo.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Equius' colour scheme has always been kind of weird because like, he types in a (very) dull indigo but a lot of his associated symbology is just bright blue instead. Indigo itself is a midpoint shade between purple and blue and several shades of it tend more towards the purple side than the blue side, which accounts for the confusion.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
I feel Gamzee and Calliope/Calmasis(and Doc Scratch) are ALL Lord English.

Tired list of crazy reasons/foreshadowing, in no order:
They have split murderous personalities.
"The most important character in Homestuck" watched the event through Gamzee's eyes.
Gamzee IS already there in Jane's session(with time traveling equipment no less).
uu and rage Gamzee's and LE's typing style are all awfully similar.
Gamzee has potentially done the most damaging attack yet seen.
LE's first words in the Alternian universe were "HONK HONK".
The whole "paint with your blood" thing both Gamzee and uu say.
Lil Cal is Gamzee's close friend.
Doc Scratch chose to be conversing with Gamzee when Cascade's timer hit 0.
Monsters in the session did not attack Gamzee.
The recent update is hinting as subtly as a hammer.

The only time we've seen LE appearing was as if a oogonibomb was used against Scratch; the clock was also treating the occasion similarly to a god tier dying. With all the time in the world, LE possibly may have infected or entered Gamzee in some manner, and God Tier Gamzee's 'death' is going to be interesting.

With all uu's talk of billions dead on a world, and UU's talk of having no homeworld, Im also starting to feel cherubs may not really have a set body.

TL;DR, everyone's Lord English.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Most interesting plot snippet from today's updates - lord English apparently has a manipulative right hand man?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, yeah. Doc Scratch.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Rooreelooo posted:

Most interesting plot snippet from today's updates - lord English apparently has a manipulative right hand man?

Pretty sure that's scratch, chief.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Seeing as Cherubs love to eat stardust, now I can only imagine LE and his consumption of universes as him being a massive fatass who just can't stop eating.

FAT LORD ENGLISH IS NOW CANON.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

You know, back when we were still first learning about UU/uu and the Karkat theories were the only theories, when people were saying that "UU is polite Karkat and uu is angry and means it Karkat", I couldn't help but feel that it was off, that uu sounded more like sober/enraged Gamzee, with his pauses and frequent full stops. Well, now, given that LE pretty much shaped the attitudes of Gamzee's blood caste in A2 and enraged Gamzee is the closest approximation we have to that...

toxic8aker posted:

I feel Gamzee and Calliope/Calmasis(and Doc Scratch) are ALL Lord English.

quote:

TC: I FINALLY GOT MY MOTHERFUCKING UNDERSTAND ON TO WHO THE MIRTHFUL MESSIAHS ARE.
TC: they were always both me. :o)
TC: AND ALSO MOTHERFUCKING ME. Do:

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I believe it was the first or second attempt with formspring where Hussie confirmed that in fact everyone was a great fat lard (Vriska being the fattest).

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Slime posted:

Seeing as Cherubs love to eat stardust, now I can only imagine LE and his consumption of universes as him being a massive fatass who just can't stop eating.

FAT LORD ENGLISH IS NOW CANON.

Lord English is actually a metaphor for the increased levels of obesity in children. As he gains power he kills Andrew (Feeders) who didn't realise what damage he was doing in encouraging Vriska (Vriska) to gain weight.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Just to throw fire onto the needless worrisome speculation pile (doesn't stop from getting taller), the other kid who drinks a lot of soda is Dirk. This COULD (despite the obvious Gamzee callback) be a fakeout!!! And let's remember that Dirk built something unspecified for uu. What could it be???

Shoot-from-the-hip theory: uU, before becoming LE, will also be influenced by some outside source, the origin of the billiards theme, the server running the virus code in the Furthest Ring, and so on. This part of the personality is most strongly given voice by Doc Scratch, who handles LE's business when he's away -- his manipulative right-hand man.

In other words, Scratch is Lord English's autoresponder.

Dirk helped uu make a computer image of his mind for a similar (perhaps embodied?) autoresponder, which on a lark was billiards themed (recall Dirk has the billiard ball bedsheets) and this entity will also become part of the English melange, as well as serving as the first instance of Scratch.

Or you know Dirk just helped uu build some crazy Saw-style contraption for cutting off legs. Maybe.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Dirk did have a SAW puppet thing with a camera hidden in it in B1 after all. :tinfoil:

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

So my take away from this update. Calliope represents Doc Scratch. Loves storytelling, scrapbooking, and trying to "lie through omission." uu somehow takes over their session, her powers or whatever. Since Calliope is a hero of space, she can potentially make things bigger or smaller.

I think the creation of Lord English was actually just uu going god tier, similar to Dave and Rose. The god tier slab may have been hidden inside of Doc Scratch all along. He is a Derse dreamer, after all.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Okay, so, I think this is a thing.

You remember this image of Calmasis of course. Note the doc scratch pistol. And the chains with UU and uu symbols.

Here, the uu chain is attached to her leg, just like the above image. This is presumably to prevent her from getting to her "brother's" side of the room, and they switch off who's chained up to where just before sleeping/after waking up. That's why he had to throw stuff to make her side a mess. Her chain would be on his other leg, as shown above.

Now I know sprite-flipping happens a lot in MSPA. But I think the fact that Lord English's peg-leg corresponds to the leg that would be chained up by Calliope to keep uu from reaching her side of the room is something pretty noteworthy.

I think we can guess, with some circumstantial evidence, why Lord English has a peg leg now. He cut it off.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 20, 2012

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Watuhboy posted:

We are UU, UU is us.

You know, if uu really does end up being Lord English, and speaking UU's name puts him to sleep and is, thus, the key to defeating the dreaded villain of the entire story, then that means the true hero of the story is... all of us~

Except you. You smell bad, go away.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think we can guess, with some circumstantial evidence, why Lord English has a peg leg now. He cut it off.

I was going to say this exact same thing, but you beat me to it. You bastard.

edit: Although

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 20, 2012

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kelp Plankton posted:

^^ It's also worth mentioning that Lord English has red spots on his cheeks. Calliope, as can be seen in the pictures you posted, has green swirls on her cheeks (and green eyes) because she's a "limeblood." Her brother uu, having red blood, would have red spots on his cheeks (and in his drawing to Dirk, there's the implication that he does, not that it's easy to identify for obvious reasons.)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Starmaker posted:

I was going to say this exact same thing, but you beat me to it. You bastard.

edit: Although

<sprite flipping>

Yeah, like I said, sprite flipping is a thing. But if you flipped Lord English his peg leg would still be on the correct side compared to the flipped Calliope sprite as well.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

That's true, and I just realized that myself. With Calliope, it's opposite of the direction she's turned, meaning with uu it will be the leg on the same side. Just like LE.

Remember that whole spiel between SS and DD, about the right-left side and the left-right, or whatever it was? I can't believe we're discussing the mechanics of sprite-flipping in-depth in order to better analyse the story, and yet here we are!

Oh god we really are UU

VVVV
We'd always sort of assumed that the Green Sun was malevolent, that First Guardians were evil, and that the associations with it that the Space players had was somehow sinister. But if uu is LE, and Calliope is his "good half," with all her associations with green and space, then it could be that the Green Sun was good all along, LE had simply corrupted it.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 20, 2012

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
And Lord English is associated with green, which is usually associated with space players. Jade, Kanaya, Calliope, The Green Sun and First Guardian colours are all associated with green, while Time players are more associated with red. Dave, Aradia's rust coloured blood, uu's red blood and their God-Tier clothes are red. So, Lord English has red blood and Time powers, but the colour of his clothing (but not the abilities of his clothing) and relations to First Guardians and the Green Sun are more in line with a Space player.

Notice how when Calliope's sprite gets flipped, the shackle switches from her left leg to her right leg. Hussie's done some stuff with sprite flipping before, remember? Lord English is missing his right leg, but with sprite flipping that doesn't matter. While it's still quite possible that uu and UU aren't sharing a body, what exactly would happen if they were, and uu died on UU's Quest Bed/Cocoon/Whatever?

Edit: DAMNIT while I was writing this up people got there before me about Calliope's sprite being flipped.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm more interested to discover how Calliope came to be in possession of those books. And where, exactly, she is.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

I loving hate that clown so goddamn much.
I feel cheated, we never got to see Kanaya Maryam: Vampire Clown Hunter (as in a vampire that hunts clowns, not a hunter of vampire clowns).

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Blood Talk posted:

Equius's blood color.

Regardless, the blood color is Vriska's. That is way too light to be Equius's.

e: I'm pretty sure at least? My main justification is "It's always Vriska".

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Yeah I still would like to know what the heck happened with Kanaya. I mean, it's possibly some inherent ability of Jade bloods? Still would like a confirmation of what actually happened though.

But I am absolutely loving how ripe the latest updates are with things to think about. And how Gamzee has become the one biggest unknown in all of Homestuck. Ever since he appeared in GOD TIER GARB on Jane's planet... :psyduck:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Saradiart posted:

Regardless, the blood color is Vriska's. That is way too light to be Equius's.

e: I'm pretty sure at least? My main justification is "It's always Vriska".

"Indigo" has been exclusively used to describe Equius' colour. See: the A side of Colours and Mayhem.

What I'm surprised at is that Gamzee didn't blank out Eq's entry in Rose's book as well. Though then again it's likely Rose didn't know/write about him in the first place.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Starmaker posted:

You know, if uu really does end up being Lord English, and speaking UU's name puts him to sleep and is, thus, the key to defeating the dreaded villain of the entire story, then that means the true hero of the story is... all of us~

Except you. You smell bad, go away.

I now legitimately believe the climax of Homestuck will be one of the characters turning to The Audience and asking Us to say Lord English's name.

Happy scene of Equius riding Arthour across the plains as Hussie rides overhead on Falcor is mandatory.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Thundarr posted:

Happy scene of Equius riding Arthour across the plains as Hussie rides overhead on Falcor is mandatory.

I actually kind of hope the end credits include a flash of every character marching in a parade, Super Mario RPG style.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Speaking of limbs being chained up and possibly hacked off.. This basically has to happen to uu or UU.

I wonder if the similarity to the Oujia Dicks and uu's drawings are because uu is also struggling with someone else while doing them like Dave and Karkat did? Maybe not physically, but like a second personality struggling to control the body? That was my first thought, even though it's seeming less like uu and UU share the same body right now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

creationist believer posted:

Speaking of limbs being chained up and possibly hacked off.. This basically has to happen to uu or UU.

I wonder if the similarity to the Oujia Dicks and uu's drawings are because uu is also struggling with someone else while doing them like Dave and Karkat did? Maybe not physically, but like a second personality struggling to control the body? That was my first thought, even though it's seeming less like uu and UU share the same body right now.

It could be a brain hemisphere thing, though I'm not sure much else backs that up in the narrative so far. Like she's the creative side so he just wholly has no ability to do art whatsoever. Are there any mentions of logic or logical thinking or methodology or stuff like that in relation to Lord English anywhere?

I kind of doubt that's what's going on but who knows.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So, who wants to bet that the ~ATH manual is the same one that will somehow end up in Alternia and Gamzee will eventually write the HONK code on it, and it will eventually end up in Doc Scratch's hands so he can narrate to us what is written in it. (Perhaps the ~ATH manual is a juju?)

Everything Doc Scratch told us during his narration was just Calliope's fanfiction.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Let's theorise!

quote:

If you had a bed, you would scoot the whole dang thing underneath where no one could see. And also, if that hypothetical bed wasn't in neutral territory...

Calliope's bed equivalent is in neutral territory, and we know they take turns being asleep and awake. Ever since we switched to Calliope's viewpoint, it seemed as if they do not actually share the same body. But given the above text which tells us that UU's sleeping space is in "neutral territory", I'd say that UU and uu do share a body, and when they go to sleep they switch chains. Perhaps it is the chains that limit each from getting to the other's territory.

Pointing against this would perhaps be the latest captchaloguing, which sent the mess physically rightward, suggesting that uu is physically present in that direction.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gamzee's such a hard one to read because on the one hand maybe he's just mindlessly whirling through paradox space doing whatever he feels, driven by crazy impulses, but on the other hand with things like this deliberate censoring maybe he's following some plan or instructions or is being controlled by outside forces. Maybe they'll still have to fight him, or stop him from doing something to aid Lord English.

At this rate we might be reviving the old "most important character in Homestuck" discussion again, since he might be integral in bringing about Lord English.

Also, if uu/UU are Lord English's origin somehow, does that mean that them becoming Lord English is like the Green Sun's creation in that it's inevitable? If someone actually tries to stop it and succeeds in interfering rather than just accidentally helping it succeed, would that create a beta-timeline? I'd hoped we were reaching the end of the predestination train.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Roger Explosion posted:

I loving hate that clown so goddamn much.

That corpse hoarding sack of poo poo.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

YF-23 posted:

Let's theorise!

Calliope's bed equivalent is in neutral territory, and we know they take turns being asleep and awake. Ever since we switched to Calliope's viewpoint, it seemed as if they do not actually share the same body. But given the above text which tells us that UU's sleeping space is in "neutral territory", I'd say that UU and uu do share a body, and when they go to sleep they switch chains. Perhaps it is the chains that limit each from getting to the other's territory.

Pointing against this would perhaps be the latest captchaloguing, which sent the mess physically rightward, suggesting that uu is physically present in that direction.

As fitting as it would be for them to be chained to their bed, the fact that the shackles are meant to prevent them from entering each other's rooms would mean the shackle should be at its limit when it reaches the bed - they should be chained against the far wall of their room. Doesn't seem like that so far, though, so I dunno.

I also feel like, given how strictly both of them observe the rules to their "game," I imagine the changing of the shackles is something they do while awake and conscious. Like they can only remove the shackles while in bed. There seems to be a lot of self-imposed rules and limitations with these characters, but who knows.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 20, 2012

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Android Blues posted:

Equius' colour scheme has always been kind of weird because like, he types in a (very) dull indigo but a lot of his associated symbology is just bright blue instead. Indigo itself is a midpoint shade between purple and blue and several shades of it tend more towards the purple side than the blue side, which accounts for the confusion.

I think I recall hearing that Equius' text color was just made darker so it wouldn't look like John's. Which is funny since he never gets a chance to talk to him.

(Although, Equius' symbol color kind of looks a bit bright compared to the rest of the troll bloods, so maybe it was the other way around for some reason.. Now I'm not sure.)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

YF-23 posted:

I was having trouble visualizing the room, so I mocked it up with photoshop. uu is there to show what the hypothetical room would be like from his perspective. The way I'm envisioning the switch is that UU gets tired, lies down on the bed, hooks up the UU-labeled chain to her other leg, and goes to sleep. uu wakes up, takes off the uu-labeled chain, and walks to the right side of the room.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Oh that would make a lot of sense, that way they can never remove their own chain, only the other one's. So instead of sleeping unshackled, they sleep with both legs chained up (man that would be so uncomfortable).

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Assuming it is one body, they may never actually sleep? I mean, when UU is asleep, uu is inhabiting the body and moving around. When uu is asleep, UU is inhabiting the body and moving around.

The bed may just be a convenient double-sided thing to lay on while detaching / reattaching chains?

The main problem with this scenario is that with both chained up, there's no way to acquire more food and such. Or take care of other bodily functions. I guess if Dirk can survive out in the ocean his whole life on orange soda, anything is possible.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ActionZero posted:

Lord English is actually a metaphor for the increased levels of obesity in children. As he gains power he kills Andrew (Feeders) who didn't realise what damage he was doing in encouraging Vriska (Vriska) to gain weight.
No, you fool, we've been over this, Vriska represents Vri...oh, you've already got that covered. Well then. Good job, carry on.

Also throw me onto the pile of people who was happy to see the return of penis ouija :allears: Ghost dicks transcend space and time. They are a universal constant.