Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
I was under the impression that Trollian/Pesterchum/Gift of Gab just translated what people were saying and that trolls and cherubim didn't speak English. Maybe I made that up in my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

graybook posted:

Probably due to universal constants like Will Smith

Uh, I believe you mean John Cusack? :spergin:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

...without it having ever been revealed, so we can't. Bad ending ensues.

It was written on the back page of John's copy of GameBro; alas, we never thought to command him to look there during the brief window of opportunity we had right at the very start of the game, so now all is lost.

e/ Those kinds of games are the worst. Amerzone! :argh:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 20, 2012

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That looks like a deudly firearm.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Gee, a stick that turns into a gun. Never seen anything like that before.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I always did wonder how Kanaya figured out something like that wand, and its duality to the pistol makes me more curious still.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Where have I heard the phrase "your wand is out of bullets"? Or is it just reminding me of "your key is out of bullets"?

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Let me take a guess. uu's strife specibus is canekind. That would be heavy handed and match up with LE.

edit: and the cane turns into a machine gun.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

Where have I heard the phrase "your wand is out of bullets"? Or is it just reminding me of "your key is out of bullets"?

It's just keys.

Also, I can't unsee that Calliope is just Doc Scratch!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Cavatica posted:

It's just keys.

Well time to go back and see everything hussie yelled while flailing the puppet around, maybe one of those things was the TRUE NAME of lord english...

e: it's asian schoolgirl

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 20, 2012

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
So, any thoughts as to why Calliope refers to her White Magnum as a "dualing weapon"? Just a typo, or something more?

(I am bad at theorycrafting)

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Well Manicured Man posted:

So, any thoughts as to why Calliope refers to her White Magnum as a "dualing weapon"? Just a typo, or something more?

(I am bad at theorycrafting)

Dual as in dual purpose. It's a gun and a pool/snooker cue.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Cavatica posted:

Well if they are two minds in the same body, Lord English is going to "emerge" from Calliope.. though hopefully not in the exact same way.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
It relates to the weapon's dual nature as a wand and as a gun, and also presumably it is also Calmasis's weapon as well, given that they share an inventory, so they probably share a strife specibus in some way as well.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Doug Rattman posted:

Let me take a guess. uu's strife specibus is canekind. That would be heavy handed and match up with LE.

edit: and the cane turns into a machine gun.

this is what I came here to post. uu's gonna have a transforming blunt object like a cane... or maybe... a club :o)

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Update. Bets on what's in Marcellus Wallace's suitcase the Juju Chest?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

RandallODim posted:

Chunk of uranium.

What else glows with that particular powerful green?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

life_source posted:

Chunk of uranium.

What else glows with that particular powerful green?

A green sun - smaller, of course. Maybe each cherub has their own. Stealing another's and combining it with yours would make you more powerful, etc.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Five bucks says we see it next panel, and that it's very anti-climactic.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

RandallODim posted:

No idea.

But I will bet on whatever it is being shown in the next panel just to gently caress with us.

E:f,b

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Has it been explained exactly what a juju is? I know uu said cal was one.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Completely silly thought: What if the transition between UU and uu makes him totally hulk-out, the way Doc Scratch became Lord English. That's why his art is so poo poo: Imagine the Hulk trying to use a pencil.

tinaun posted:

Has it been explained exactly what a juju is? I know uu said cal was one.

We haven't been given an exact definition, but the two characteristics we've been told are:
- Follows a weird path through spacetime, such that it's hard to determine the origin or fate of the object.
- Carries some sort of inherent "self" (like a soul or a magic or whatever) that can't be duplicated, only transferred. So if the object is duplicated, only one of the two versions will be the "alive" one.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Bobulus posted:

I was having trouble visualizing the room, so I mocked it up with photoshop. uu is there to show what the hypothetical room would be like from his perspective. The way I'm envisioning the switch is that UU gets tired, lies down on the bed, hooks up the UU-labeled chain to her other leg, and goes to sleep. uu wakes up, takes off the uu-labeled chain, and walks to the right side of the room.

Well then, how about that? Seems you were right.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Man, something is up. Hussie has updated a ton today.

And they've been posted as he's been making them, not in one big batch.

He only does this when something big is about to happen.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bobulus posted:

Man, something is up. Hussie has updated a ton today.

And they've been posted as he's been making them, not in one big batch.

He only does this when something big is about to happen.

UU is about to take a nap.

And then he will awake. :getin:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
From the looks of it, uu and UU sharing a body is probably confirmed. uu currently isn't wearing his, and he's asleep. Calliope mentioned that she sleeps with that one on.

Also, it looks like the symbols on the shackles refer to which person can unlock them. I did wonder why UU wore the one with uu's symbol on it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How the gently caress did Bobulus know exactly what those wall-mounted chain holders looked like before we ever saw them!??

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Bobulus posted:

I was having trouble visualizing the room, so I mocked it up with photoshop. uu is there to show what the hypothetical room would be like from his perspective. The way I'm envisioning the switch is that UU gets tired, lies down on the bed, hooks up the UU-labeled chain to her other leg, and goes to sleep. uu wakes up, takes off the uu-labeled chain, and walks to the right side of the room.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

How the gently caress did Bobulus know exactly what those wall-mounted chain holders looked like before we ever saw them!??

I was just going to ask that! How did you do that??

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Starmaker posted:

I was just going to ask that! How did you do that??

You can see part of it here. I assume he just guessed what it generally looked like from that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You can see part of it here. I assume he just guessed what it generally looked like from that.

Didn't notice that, my mind was reeling for a while there. Bobulus you snake.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If he'd gotten the spiral and it coming out of the bottom we could've attributed some strange kind of powers to him.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Ahaha thank god, I was freaking out for a second there when I saw how dead-on his prediction was.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

If the Uracil twins don't share a body after all we've seen, the fandom is going to go bonkers.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

FewtureMD posted:

If the Uracil twins don't share a body after all we've seen, the fandom is going to go bonkers.

I have a very bad feeling that "Don't turn your back on the body" is about to get really, really relevant, possibly in a lovely twisty way.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
We never -did- find out what the hell 'Don't turn your back on the body' ever meant, did we?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I always figured it referred first to Kanaya's vampirism and then Doc Scratch's transformation.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Considering how often Karkat kept finding bodies to turn his back on(Kanaya, Feferi, maybe Sollux sort of counted as a prone unconscious form.. Then Vriska, Sollux again, and WV, I figured it was Doc Scratch messing with him. He pretty much said "I need to stop turning my backs on the bodies!" when Gamzee made off with the pair of roof corpses.

And then Scratch was probably also messing with the audience a little bit, in regards to the other bodies in the story, including his own. And perhaps there will be even more later on, expanding the all-encompassing gag.

tldr; the corpse pile doesnt stop from getting taller.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
That "bed" looks an awful lot like a sarcophagus...

Edit: Well there you go.

Scale Model Giant fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 21, 2012

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I actually realized that after going back and looking - but regardless that's a hell of a good catch. I mean, it could have been a TV or something.

He could have guessed on the spiral pattern, and I betcha anything the uu one will be the inverse - red with a green spiral - but still, that was a really good catch. You scared me there for a second, Bobulus

e: So, do you guys think uu will actually be LE, or is it too obvious now to be true? I mean, what part of the bell graph are we at now, people!

Homestuck posted:

Neither is the fact that you both share a body.

I mean come on.

Well at least that's one painfully obvious mystery resolved.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That may well be the shittiest pun in the comic so far.

Also they appear to be living in one of the bunker... things whose name I can't remember right now.