Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
If things aren't perma, they might as well not exist. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

wouldn't you just have to hit aim and then snipe? am i missing something? i didn't watch the video
They put them on very short activation times, probably 1 sec. Most of them do a bit less damage than Blaze, except for Blazing Bolt, which does even more, so any spec that can spam the poo poo out of them is going to get a considerable advantage over any time period longer than the 20 seconds or so you have until Aim and Build Up wear off.

Oh yeah I just realized something even better: Corruptors and Defenders can get it with just Tactics if they take the Kismet +6% IO, though Corruptors have to frankenslot it.

Basically what I'm saying is start buying up that IO so you can flip it, Focused Accuracy is back to being godawful, and Blasters are getting the short end of the stick again. :lol:

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 21, 2012

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
No thats it, people are sperging out on always perma quick fire snipes.

If you will wait for aim then youre gtg

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
Twill, here is the build I am speccing in to on my TW/Fire.

It relies on T4 Ageless/Agility. Everything else can be for whatever flavor you like. You can choose to run Assault or not, up to you. I choose to run it. I consider the Kismet a must. That 6% tohit goes a long way.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...BC6FF01E069F033

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I never took Aim. GOOD THING I HAVE ONE MILLION FREE RESPECS

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Patware posted:

I never took Aim. GOOD THING I HAVE ONE MILLION FREE RESPECS

Yeah, Aim has always seemed like a wasted power pick to me. Build Up is nice, we always like more damage, but hitting things has never really been so much of an issue that I'd want to put a whole power toward it. (And yes I know Aim gives a bit of damage shut up.)

I don't know that I'd take it even with the snipe changes. Odds are, when you're in a league there'll be enough Tactics/Arachnos-buff flying around to keep your ToHit over the threshhold anyway.

vvv ...YEAH WELL THAT'S RELATIVELY NOT A HUGE AMOUNT OF okay, I admit it's worse in my mind than in the actual game.

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 21, 2012

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

a bit = 62.5%

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Just got a +3% global def, +3% global res, and the Panacea global Chance for End/HP. Didn't even spend over 300mil
:toot:

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
:argh: You son of a bitch.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.

Hi posted:

No thats it, people are sperging out on always perma quick fire snipes.

If you will wait for aim then youre gtg

Yeah, but why have to wait at all. People seem to forget that Blasters suck right now, giving them one awesome attack and some regen isn't going to buff them out of control. I just don't get why +tohit of all things is necessary.

Hell, Defenders and Corruptors will get a lot more mileage out of the better snipe and they'll keep on buffing, debuffing and in general being useful.

(This all said as someone who's main since 05 has been a Blaster)

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

+ToHit was an attempt to shoehorn Targeting Drone into being useful.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
It's been forever since I last used one, but don't Snipes have a hefty END cost too? You're not exactly going to be able to spam them even if you have the recharge and tohit to do so. (unless you have a bunch of pocket kins...)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So what's the snipe change exactly? If you have +62.5% ToHit, they activate quickly? And it seems like Aim is the intended means of getting there?

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

geri_khan posted:

It's been forever since I last used one, but don't Snipes have a hefty END cost too? You're not exactly going to be able to spam them even if you have the recharge and tohit to do so. (unless you have a bunch of pocket kins...)

Tier 4 ageless=infinite endurance.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

quote:

Ok, First of all thanks for posting to youtube... So your RESTRUCTURING every blaster in the game... and you don't think the loyal blaster players who have 50s now will be a LITTLE po'ed that they have to completely rebuild, or at least respec they're characters, and relearn how those characters work... Are we going to be able to keep Legacy builds in the game as per the pre-stamina builds... that might be a good idea for those upset about the changes...

elvnsword 1 hour ago

the top comment on the youtube where they talk about the changes haha

HOW DARE YOU BUFF MY CLASS NO ONE PLAYS BECAUSE ITS SO BAD. THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS LET ME KEEP MY PREBUFFED SKILLS SO I CAN STILL BE A UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE.

PS Zwill I want a city of heroes tshirt what the hell, I thought we were pals. All those times I stroked your ego in goonsquad channel while talking poo poo in tells to other goons and this is how I am repayed?! Can you atleast talk to whoevers making the next zone / zone revamp and have them add in a memorial to me and the emotional trauma ive had to go thru with both the blaster changes and the lack of CoH swag.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So what's the snipe change exactly? If you have +62.5% ToHit, they activate quickly? And it seems like Aim is the intended means of getting there?
+22%

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Hi posted:

PS Zwill I want a city of heroes tshirt what the hell, I thought we were pals. All those times I stroked your ego in goonsquad channel while talking poo poo in tells to other goons and this is how I am repayed?! Can you atleast talk to whoevers making the next zone / zone revamp and have them add in a memorial to me and the emotional trauma ive had to go thru with both the blaster changes and the lack of CoH swag.

Just as soon as I get a Zwillinger Task Force...

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The Zwillinger Task Force is a mission to raid Valve and get Z a shitload of hats.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Bakalakadaka posted:

The Zwillinger Task Force is a mission to raid Valve and get Z a shitload of hats.

You'd never get past Gabe's hallway made of Bacon.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Evil Z posted:

Ok but can you answer my other question? will I be able to keep my en/en blaster that hasnt been logged in in 1700 days AS JACK INTENDED , a legacy to a mans game where a hero was equal to three minions, two lieutenants or one boss, and a blaster was equal to vengeance bait..

I guess its true what they say, the more things change the more they stay the same.

Edit: :negative: :negative:

Why must you destroy what you dont understand !

Hi fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 21, 2012

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Evil Z posted:

It's a series of kill-all missions in the layer cake cave map, all the enemies are Malta, Carnies, Knives, and Tsoo Sorcerers and they all have Caltrops. They spawn in waves every seven minutes and immediately scatter/get blown into the geometry by Sunstorm.

It's for levels 25 to 44.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

rantmo posted:

It's a series of kill-all missions in the layer cake cave map, all the enemies are Malta, Carnies, Knives, and Tsoo Sorcerers and they all have Caltrops. They spawn in waves every seven minutes and immediately scatter/get blown into the geometry by Sunstorm.

At least it doesn't have Talons.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

rantmo posted:

Evidently you think I'm either a) a sadistic villain who takes delight in the pain and discomfort of others or b) a huge troll.

Either way, I approve.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

OneEightHundred posted:

At least it doesn't have Talons.

Never got the talons hate, of the DA mobs I always had the most trouble with those radiation BP ... and like those two missions that had paragon police kheldians cause gently caress those guys.

I guess thats cause talons all do s/l damage and every character ive run thru the entire DA arcs has had both capped s/l def and over 60% s/l resist. Only ones I hated were the caster ones that made giant boulders fall out of the sky, why cant I have that skill.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Talons suck because they have an auto-hit lightning AOE that's barely visible and that dumb cave-in skill makes it impossible to see anything (and it also auto-hits).

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Evil Z posted:

Evidently you think I'm either a) a sadistic villain who takes delight in the pain and discomfort of others or b) a huge troll.

Either way, I approve.

Now run with it, like a young boy in a field who just had his first exposure to furry erp in Pocket D.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

OneEightHundred posted:

Talons suck because they have an auto-hit lightning AOE that's barely visible and that dumb cave-in skill makes it impossible to see anything (and it also auto-hits).

Basically this. BP can demolish your resistance without it showing, but Talons can literally floor your ToHit chance to something around 5-8% if it has the earth-flavored ones (and god help you if all the LTs + Bosses are)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like Goontown decided to rise from the crave. I still don't have access to the full forums, so I'm requesting it here, please.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Apparently I was reported for "Spamming Thermal - Fire Shield" repeatedly, after "Being asked to stop" repeatedly.... which did not happen.

I'd guess, maybe, somebody just got mad about me going AFK with my demons, since they give off a "Fire Shield" buff, but as far as I know, nobody had asked me to stop with that buff, specifically - but, then again, it kicks you if you're AFK, which has happened to me before. Having a pet summoned that people are free to move away from doesn't really count as spamming in my mind - and I will leave if I'm asked and capable of doing so. Else, people just need to wait 5mins for me to time out...

Do the GMs just not research these reports at all? I assume these things would be in the logs. Knowing how hard it is to dispute charges, you'd think they'd do their research BEFORE punishing a paying customer.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Tom Powers posted:

Apparently I was reported for "Spamming Thermal - Fire Shield" repeatedly, after "Being asked to stop" repeatedly.... which did not happen.

I'd guess, maybe, somebody just got mad about me going AFK with my demons, since they give off a "Fire Shield" buff, but as far as I know, nobody had asked me to stop with that buff, specifically - but, then again, it kicks you if you're AFK, which has happened to me before. Having a pet summoned that people are free to move away from doesn't really count as spamming in my mind - and I will leave if I'm asked and capable of doing so. Else, people just need to wait 5mins for me to time out...

Do the GMs just not research these reports at all? I assume these things would be in the logs. Knowing how hard it is to dispute charges, you'd think they'd do their research BEFORE punishing a paying customer.

I've been reported for merely standing in Pocket D with pets out.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

are we going to be able to keep Legacy builds in the game as per the pre-stamina builds

I believe this says everything we need to know about how valid this person's opinion is.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Bakalakadaka posted:

I've been reported for merely standing in Pocket D with pets out.

I've been reported for using dispersion bubble, which is just a toggled PBAOE.

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

In other news, Bio Armor and Nature Affinity are now on beta.

e: before someone asks, you need to go into the store on beta and 'buy' them to try them out.

Oni Elem fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 21, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Zwill you need to glue that toupee back on to Hawk's face so he can scare children again.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Oni Elem posted:

In other news, Bio Armor and Nature Affinity are now on beta.

e: before someone asks, you need to go into the store on beta and 'buy' them to try them out.
Nature Affinity, this thing I just heard of 30 seconds ago... I NEED IT!!

Thank you bearer of good news.

And also, yeah. It never ceases to amaze me, when something is nothing *but* buffed, people complain. You could leave the functionality exactly the same but make one little improvement and somebody will find a way to complain about it.

That's why I'm of the opinion that major changes won't happen, and if we want what Blasters should be, it'll have to be a new AT entirely.

Edit: Also, according to the response on my ticket, giving people buffs is considered harassment, and you should always confirm that people want buffs or anything before applying them. This includes toggles, so you should shut off anything that can buff people when you're outside of combat.

This actually seems more like griefing to me than actually just giving shields to a few people as they pass by.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 21, 2012

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

for anyone who missed it before, SORRY Z

http://j.mp/LlCfKP

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
Holy CRAP, do these sets look amazing. Especially Nature Affinity.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I still hope we get something like that magic subset pool for all the origins. Tech, science, natural, mutation, all of them. That would be great.

It might even be possible to build a character with only the basic powers in your main sets and still be viable as a player. :v:

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

for anyone who missed it before, SORRY Z

http://j.mp/LlCfKP

Not my forums.

However, remember that anything that may or may not be extracted from the client via modification, not that I'm saying any of that was :ninja:, would be *not* final until we actually confirm it. For example, I keep hearing this crazy rumor about a new AT when no such thing is on any of our current production calendars. We *might* have done some investigation, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is Regen going to get some of this Absorb power too? Or is it new set only?

• Locked thread