Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I played tons of hours on both using a 360 controller just fine. Only time I didn't use it was when I needed to use the console, and the game supports switching back and forth without issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Puce Moose's [url=" Right to Bear Arms[/url] integrates GRA recipes, weapons, and mods into the game by proposing that a GRA shipment got raided. It feels very organic and doesn't do much meddling.

There are still GRA and Vanilla weapons but, from what I have seen so far, both can accept all ammo types. Maintaining "GRA" tags for some of the weapons seems to be necessary in order to know which versions can accept which mods.

My ideal GRA mod (that I haven't found) would take all the GRA crap, distribute it through the wasteland/leveled lists and remove the GRA tags in favor of renaming the weapons, even something like Gun Runners Laser Pistol - although I don't think that will fit, or Pristine Laser Pistol.

Right now, I'm just letting WMX handle the GRA stuff by loading WMX after CCO/Project Nevada and Jsawyer. I'll probably do some fuckery with a merged patch later tonight.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ulvirich posted:

Toss them both on the ground, open up the console and target each gun. Do they come up with different IDs?

I actually tried this with a few weapons, thinking it would be good advice, and they came up with different IDs (same names, though.) I'm not sure it will help.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Starting my CCO + Jsawyer + Project Nevada Equipment/Core hardcore run tonight. Never have done Hardcore mode before, so I'm very much so looking forward to this.

Does anyone have any recommendations for starting statistics/SPECIAL using CCO/JSawyer?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Naky posted:

Seems like the drawn out saga of RFCW and The Best of Both Worlds has taken another twist to yet another name change: A Tale Of Two Wastelands is the new The Best of Both Worlds: RFCW.

Tune in next week to discover the latest name change!

There is no next week: Tale of Two Wastelands is gone to avoid copyright infringement.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

oh christ the building's internet has been out all weekend and i have a lot of catching up to do

@Rinkles RE: If CCO's patch accounts for how JSawyer adds DR back to armor - No, not at this time. I'll probably make a patch that lowers the max cap on DR, given that it's been manually introduced into the game. I can only imagine how tedious that was to do.

RE: Phantom explosions - Thanks. Even I can have a good idea occasionally. I originally looked into reference walking to do this, but it was far too inefficient. As it stands, invisible explosions and the clever use of actor effects can do everything that manually editing armor values could. Not sure if I mentioned this in the readme, but CCO also scans armor that it doesn't recognize (i.e., added by a mod) and adds it to a formlist based on its DT value, meaning that the DR plugin recognizes all armors introduced by mods.

@Lord Lambeth RE: Raul's quest being broken - Not my fault, actually. That quest has been broken since release, mostly due to scripting that didn't account for any sort of future-proofing. As I recall, if you have at any point spoken to the NPCs in question without Raul, something breaks.

@Cream-of-Plenty RE: Dissonant numbers - That's interesting. I looked for values that deliberately overwrote each other, but not values that interacted, so it makes since that I would miss that. If you catch anything else like that, let me know.

@Multiple RE: ilevelupskillpointsbase - You know how Police Automaton mentioned how the documentation for NV modding was really bad? Yeah, that value actually does absolutely nothing, as I learned upon first beta release. You can change it as high or low as you want and nothing will happen. Current versions of CCO now add a perk that uses the Adjust Skill Points Gained entry point to forcefully change your skill points gained - the change to ilevelupskillpointsbase is a remnant from the very first release.

As for why it wouldn't be sticking, I'm not sure. This is the first time since beta 1 that I've heard of this problem. I would check your load order to make sure nothing is explicitly interfering. As always, excruciating detail in describing your problem helps.

@Rinkles RE: Up-to-date NVSE documentation - Welcome to my world. I expect proper NVSE documentation sometime around the Rapture.

Heads-up: That list is actually a copy-paste of functions from an old version of FOSE, so a lot of the functions listed may not have been actually ported yet. For instance, although addSpellNS is listed as a function, using it does nothing, because it hasn't been ported over yet. Bottom line: Don't assume something works just because it's in the documentation. Welcome to the Kafkaesque nightmare that is working with NVSE.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

QuantaStarFire posted:

There is no next week: Tale of Two Wastelands is gone to avoid copyright infringement.

Wait, what? Why?

Cirosan posted:

@Cream-of-Plenty RE: Dissonant numbers - That's interesting. I looked for values that deliberately overwrote each other, but not values that interacted, so it makes since that I would miss that. If you catch anything else like that, let me know.

Yeah, it's definitely easy to miss some of these values. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wait, what? Why?

Yeah, it's definitely easy to miss some of these values. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

I imagine they started packaging FO3+dlc art assets in with their installers rather than coming up with a way to take them from existing installations of FO3?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wait, what? Why?

I'd wager a guess and say too much content from FO3.

Which is kinda silly, considering every upload that's just a minor mesh change or retexture is basically using content of the game you can freely download from their site and use, theoretically never having owned the game. Let alone all the armor meshes and weapon meshes they host that are straight-up assets from other games but they're not going to kick because it would cut into their download numbers. Maybe not so much for the older games now anymore, as they dont have a workshop equivalent. But for Skyrim they wouldn't.

The moral of the story is they should've used some kind of file-patching system instead of uploading half of FO3 I guess.

I still haven't gotten to take a look at that hair CoP, im working on robot arms! But soon, maybe I'll find a few other non-anime haircuts too.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

rizuhbull posted:

I play TES games with a 360 controller. Considering NV and 3 are very similar, how do they play with a controller on PC?

Both play fine with 360 controllers, don't worry!

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wait, what? Why?

Kuroitsune posted:

After my comment, I will ask a member of staff to close this topic.

We've been taken down because I took the site down. Dark0ne had nothing to do with it. At the time I put the message on the Whiteboards for everyone I didn't realize that I was able to do it myself, and thought only a member of the nexus staff could delete mods.

The problem is licensing. We need permission from both Bethesda and Obsidian to allow a mod like this to exist, one that allows assets from Fallout 3 to be used in New Vegas. It is not a Piracy issue. We didn't have permission, so the site must come down. Any mod like this without permission must come down, including RFCW and Deja Vu Vegas.

What's funny is that RFCW is still up.

Police Automaton posted:

The moral of the story is they should've used some kind of file-patching system instead of uploading half of FO3 I guess.
They used this and enormous .diff files to create their patches. I'm guessing that .diff files count as copies in this instance?

QuantaStarFire fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 19, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Very interesting. I wonder what concrete legality is being evoked here, considering that the mod requires you owning both products. Probably, "something obscure in the EULA."

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
So I'm getting this odd bug with Fear the Reaper perk from CCO. Without it, at level 1 and 6 endurance, I have 110 hp. With it, I have 35. It is supposed to halve my health. Also, upon level up, I gained no additional health while I had Fear the Reaper; neither from the level itself or taking the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. perk and putting a point into endurance. I am using Project Nevada as well, but I altered it to give me health on level up. Yet, nothing! What's going on?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

QuantaStarFire posted:

They used this and enormous .diff files to create their patches. I'm guessing that .diff files count as copies in this instance?

Huh, interesting. No, they shouldn't as .diff files are literally useless without the file that's to be patched.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Jon Joe posted:

So I'm getting this odd bug with Fear the Reaper perk from CCO. Without it, at level 1 and 6 endurance, I have 110 hp. With it, I have 35. It is supposed to halve my health. Also, upon level up, I gained no additional health while I had Fear the Reaper; neither from the level itself or taking the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. perk and putting a point into endurance. I am using Project Nevada as well, but I altered it to give me health on level up. Yet, nothing! What's going on?
Always use the Recalibration Token before you alter your game settings, through PN's menu or otherwise.

As for your problem: I don't know why your starting health is so low. I rolled a character just now with those stats and was unable to replicate that bug. I suspect it's a mod conflict, or something stemming from not using the token.

As for not getting HP on level up: I was able to replicate this bug under certain circumstances, so this one's on me. I have a very good idea of what the problem is, though. I'll look into it when I have the time.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Cirosan posted:

Always use the Recalibration Token before you alter your game settings, through PN's menu or otherwise.

As for your problem: I don't know why your starting health is so low. I rolled a character just now with those stats and was unable to replicate that bug. I suspect it's a mod conflict, or something stemming from not using the token.

As for not getting HP on level up: I was able to replicate this bug under certain circumstances, so this one's on me. I have a very good idea of what the problem is, though. I'll look into it when I have the time.

I tried it again using the recalibration token; no dice, same problem. My health doesn't change at all. Regardless of what I set anything to. I set my health endurance to 20 per level, no change, still 35. I don't know what mod conflict would cause my health to be 35; I should note that this problem existed before I installed Project Nevada, and continues to exist in every new game I make with the Fear the Reaper trait. I think it has something to do with the Fear the Reaper script. I'm going to try some reordering of esps.

edit: Nope, still a problem! Definitely something script related.

Oh and I'll add that I'm using Jsawyer's as well, but I have all the proper compatibility patches installed.

editedit: Problem is 'fixed' if I do not start with the trait, turn off the failsafe script, go off into the wasteland to rebuild my character with the trait, and then reactive the failsafe. I say 'fixed' because this puts me at 80 hp, which is also not half of my default 110.

editeditedit: Actually, it doesn't add the trait at all! Well then.

editeditediteditaaaaaaaaaarg: The trait is removing itself, regardless of the failsafe script being on or off. In addition, my hp keeps going to 80 after it is removed.

Ha, it even removes itself from the trait list if I try to rebuild more than once!

someinfiniteeditslater: Cirosan, is your script set to use the player.modav health command to remove half the player's health? Because what I think is happening is first something (I don't know what, but whatever it is, it's tied to selecting the Fear the Reaper trait) is setting my hp to 80 (or reducing it by 30, or whatever), and then your script is kicking in and removing 55 health, which is half my not-oddly-altered health. Just a guess. Wait, no, that would leave me with 25 health. Hmmm. Maybe your script is removing 45 for whichever reason? I do know trying things out with 1 endurance gives me 10 health with the Fear the Reaper trait.

Also, I'm not using perk rebalance, if that matters at all.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 20, 2012

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

QuantaStarFire posted:

Not for long apparently. Apparently they have to take the mod down tomorrow. MstrYstr apparently released a new version of RFCW (.6b), so I guess there's a small window to get it if you want it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The T3T guy on 4chan that hates The Armory and those of us who work on it and makes very entertaining posts for us to read has this to say on the situation on 4chan:

quote:

GUYS WAIT.

I've been talking to the guys running the show (Dandys and Kuro) and they said they are working things out. They are talking to admins and people at Bethesda and Obisidian. And they've officially asked no one reupload it while they are working out these issues.

I'm also going to be joining their mod team, so, that's like four modding teams I've been on for Bethesda games.

So whateva. Mods may live on once they get clarification. He's a team member of PN, in case you were wondering.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It'd be nice if Bethesda gave them the go-ahead, but somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

It'd be nice if Bethesda gave them the go-ahead, but somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.

It would be sort of ironic, given that the modability of Bethesda games is the key to their longevity (honestly, who would buy a copy of Oblivion nowadays if not to mod it to hell and back?) I feel that ambitious mods like RFCW help move copies of FO3, because it allows you to play the game with all the improvements of New Vegas.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

They gave the nuka break fellows a go-ahead so I don't see why they wouldn't let this work.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I'm thinking of switching my current lighting/weather mods (New Vegas Skies) in favor of Project Reality; anyone care to comment on whether this is a good idea/worth the trouble?

Additionally the Project Reality page says that the New Vegas ArchiveInvalidation Invalidator is necessary to use it, however the latter mod's page says that it no longer works thanks to a F:NV patch, so what's the word on that?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Project Reality is great out of the box. It is configurable through MCM, but make sure to disable the Depth of Field that is included with it.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Naky posted:

The T3T guy on 4chan that hates The Armory and those of us who work on it and makes very entertaining posts for us to read
I'd like to read some of these posts.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Horns posted:

I'd like to read some of these posts.

You can probably find them in their archives, but they have many, many archived threads due to the 1000 post thing 4chan has.

At the end of the day, his opinion is just that. A really misinformed one, but he's entitled to it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I made my first Geck thing.

Here's how it should work

It displays weapon information that's not available on the Pipboy itself. I took some statistics to be redundant. For instance when the the critical damage is the same as the base damage, true for probably 70% of vanilla guns, critical damage is ommitted. Same goes for critical multiplier if it's equal to 1. I go into more detail in the readme.

The problem is when I was doing some final testing I found that around 10%-30% (worse for TA) will not display their proper critical damage like so

It's only this stat as far as I've seen (I checked probably half of the vanilla and dozens of TA's weapons), but it's weird. I don't know exactly what the cause is, but after simplifying the code as much as possible just to store crtical damage as a variable (with GetCritDam, NVSE) the astronomical numbers remained. I affects a lot of weapons but the majority (again ~80% guesstimating) work fine.

If there's no solution I'll probably hard code the values manually, which sucks for modding, or have it display Xs or something if the crit damage is greater than 10000 (or smaller than zero, some had negative values).
And I just realized I didn't test this thing without DarnifiedUI so the figures must look horribly unaligned with the vanilla ui.

Here's the file if anyone's interested. [Weapon Stats 1.0]

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 20, 2012

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I asked about this on the Nexus forums and it appears to be a problem with NVSE. Weaponscanner, a mod that did more or less the same thing in FO3, apparently checks if critical damage is extra high and replaces it with 50 if so. Which is a pretty crappy way around the problem and the author didn't bother to document the bug anywhere in his readme or mod description on the Nexus.

I made a version of the mod which replaces huge critical damage values with two crosses ("XX"), and I would have released it but I found that a percentage of those weapons afflicted by the original bug would carry over the insane number to the base damage when doing so.

This sucks.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Colgate posted:

Not for long apparently. Apparently they have to take the mod down tomorrow. MstrYstr apparently released a new version of RFCW (.6b), so I guess there's a small window to get it if you want it.

Did anyone grab this? I'm a couple versions back on RFCW and I wanted to get up to date if its still possible.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Has anybody played Hell on Earth? Is it any good?

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Did anyone manage to get a backup of More Where That Came From?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I have ~415 megabytes of the 100 songs in More Where That Came From but I dunno if I have a place to host it. Suggestions?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I have ~415 megabytes of the 100 songs in More Where That Came From but I dunno if I have a place to host it. Suggestions?

Dropbox and/or Google Drive. Dropbox is significantly easier to use, also there's a shameless referral link in there so I can get 500 more MB.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
So I think I've finally got a mod load-out I'm happy with. Slight problems here and there, like the Fear the Reaper thing, but I've 'fixed' that by just using console commands to change my health and such, including on level up. Uninstalled New Vegas Cosmetic Enhancements though, because apparently the author's idea of 'better looking NPCs' is 'whiter NPCs'. Ugh. Also removed The Armory because it added guns that were worth too much money, too early in the game, especially for what they did. This reintroduced the problem I was having with too many caps unbalancing my carefully crafted HARDGRITCORE mod loadout. A shame, too, because the guns were cool.

Also, I have a mod suggestion for any of you that, like me, enjoy difficulty and realism; Tuckered Out. Basically it adds an invisible fatigue based on your endurance and carry weight percentage, draining AP and making you go slower if you try running for too long. Or hell, even just walking if you've packed your backpack too full. Adds lots of fall damage realism, too. I recommend using it with the no fast travel mod to maximize the harsh and brutal reality this mod brings to the Mojave wasteland. Even has a patch for Project Nevada!

The author has two other mods. One is Lean Start Gear; you wake up from your head shooting with, surprise, damaged health and a wounded head! Plus other things removed from your game start, such as the pistol and vault jumpsuit. Removes the repairable submachine gun, too; you'll leave Doc's house without any weapons, unless you grab his knife that's still in there. The other is Immersive VATS, which makes a handful of changes to VATS, the most notable of which is that it's only compatible with energy weapons (Unless you're wearing helmeted power armor). I use both and they're great; Immersive VATS is best used with PN where you have improved auto-targeting for your regular guns and sprint/bullet time to spend your AP on.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 21, 2012

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

Jon Joe posted:

So I think I've finally got a mod load-out I'm happy with. Slight problems here and there, like the Fear the Reaper thing, but I've 'fixed' that by just using console commands to change my health and such, including on level up. Uninstalled New Vegas Cosmetic Enhancements though, because apparently the author's idea of 'better looking NPCs' is 'whiter NPCs'. Ugh. Also removed The Armory because it added guns that were worth too much money, too early in the game, especially for what they did. This reintroduced the problem I was having with too many caps unbalancing my carefully crafted HARDGRITCORE mod loadout. A shame, too, because the guns were cool.

Also, I have a mod suggestion for any of you that, like me, enjoy difficulty and realism; Tuckered Out. Basically it adds an invisible fatigue based on your endurance and carry weight percentage, draining AP and making you go slower if you try running for too long. Or hell, even just walking if you've packed your backpack too full. Adds lots of fall damage realism, too. I recommend using it with the no fast travel mod to maximize the harsh and brutal reality this mod brings to the Mojave wasteland. Even has a patch for Project Nevada!

The author has two other mods. One is Lean Start Gear; you wake up from your head shooting with, surprise, damaged health and a wounded head! Plus other things removed from your game start, such as the pistol and vault jumpsuit. Removes the repairable submachine gun, too; you'll leave Doc's house without any weapons, unless you grab his knife that's still in there. The other is Immersive VATS, which makes a handful of changes to VATS, the most notable of which is that it's only compatible with energy weapons (Unless you're wearing helmeted power armor). I use both and they're great; Immersive VATS is best used with PN where you have improved auto-targeting for your regular guns and sprint/bullet time to spend your AP on.

The same problem also exists without the armory in vanilla, you can walk away from fights with several hundred or even thousand caps while only making a minimal investment in ammo, which is everything but rare in this game anyways. This is also why unarmed/meele combat completly breaks the economy. The best way around this is to simply not pick up anything that counts as weapon except for own use. I did this once and suddenly I was at the gates of the Strip and did not have the caps to enter. I tried to write a script that makes the guns of enemies unlootable (or at least, mostly unlootable) but sadly even with NVSE this has proven to be impossible. It would really change the whole dynamic of the game.

Another way to make this game significantly harder on the economy side of things is to only get your items repaired from people that repair items in this game. It really makes you pick and choose and sometimes even favor a "worse" item, just because it's more durable and cheaper to repair. I never thought self-repair as it is (by somehow banging two items together that are identical or at least similar) made much sense to begin with and the game could go without. This would be theoretically moddable by clearing out all repair lists.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

Another way to make this game significantly harder on the economy side of things is to only get your items repaired from people that repair items in this game. It really makes you pick and choose and sometimes even favor a "worse" item, just because it's more durable and cheaper to repair. I never thought self-repair as it is (by somehow banging two items together that are identical or at least similar) made much sense to begin with and the game could go without. This would be theoretically moddable by clearing out all repair lists.

Absolutely. I always have trouble not tagging the Repair skill because of how dramatically it improves your monetary situation and/or combat ability (same for the Jury Rigging perk). Repairing is also an incredibly efficient form of loot management since you get the benefit of the item's condition without its weight.

I mean I don't recall ever playing a game of NV with my weapons not being in prime condition virtually all the time (even if some mods made that marginally harder and more expensive to do). In so doing, effectively ignoring half of the item condition mechanic.

Some thoughts
-in general weapons should be made a bit more durable
-guns should jam even when in fairly good condition (I think Cirosan's main mod does this)
-repairing weapons in the field should have an almost negligible effect
-perhaps, weapons should have to be dismantled at a workbench before appreciably improving the condition of other items, but even then the effectiveness should be limited
-gun mods should require either a skill check or a gunsmith to apply. (you could probably do this by replacing mods from merchant lists with "kits" and making the mods craftable. Don't know about the smith part.)
-ammo should be scarcer and more valuable but that's getting into general overhaul territory

In regards to The Armory in general, I really lament the fact that most of the stats in NV (and FO3) are hidden from the player. For instance, I didn't understand why the 'Colt 1911 DWE' was that expensive until using my mod to reveal it had a 5x critical multiplier. It's impossible to make informed decisions about your loadout when you you don't know half the statistics of your weapons. My motivation in creating the weapon stats mod grew out of the need to convey this information for the hypothetical Armory abridged.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I think it would be interesting if, when attempting to repair a weapon, you had a chance of decreasing the weapon's condition. The equation would take into consideration your Luck and Repair values. It would be just like real-life at-home gunsmithing!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Coughing Hobo posted:

Dropbox and/or Google Drive. Dropbox is significantly easier to use, also there's a shameless referral link in there so I can get 500 more MB.

OK, please don't maul the poo poo out of my Dropbox but I think this link is accessible by everyone so... hooray.

(This is GNR - More Where That Came From. 100 songs that take you back to a simpler time when America was even more racist.)

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Anyone tried Project Nevadas alternate repair system? I'm about to start a new game with it. That said, I'm also running CCO with the compatibility patches, but will it all run fine together with PN's alternate repair?

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

Rabhadh posted:

Anyone tried Project Nevadas alternate repair system? I'm about to start a new game with it. That said, I'm also running CCO with the compatibility patches, but will it all run fine together with PN's alternate repair?

I kinda liked it, but I'm not bothered about "balance" and stuff if I'm having fun in a single player game.

Basically, you need to craft consumable tools for each time you repair anything. If your repair skill is lower than the weapon skill, you can only repair with that same weapon, but if it's equal/higher, you can repair with similar weapons, like the vanilla Jury Rigging perk. It changes the JR perk to work with junk items, like Scrap Metal and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

The initial half-health reduction is done using the same method that Cass' Calm Heart perk uses: On start, it reads your current HP value, and then removes 45 from your max HP. The command uses setav, not modav, and only happens once, when you first take the trait. I believe I settled on a flat value of 45 because the base health in NV is 95 or so. However, on effect end (read: if you ever got rid of the trait), it adds that 45 HP back.

As for the level-up reductions: The level multiplier and Endurance multiplier values are read by the script and then halved. Somewhere along the line, something breaks. Dunno how something like this slipped through the cracks, and I'm sorry for making you suffer through a glitch like this. I'll be looking into it over the weekend, when I have the time.

As for the traits not showing up on respec: Cream-of-Plenty first told me about this. It's another bug, but I've actually fixed this one, I just haven't released the fix yet because I am a slothful man. Again, it's an oversight caused by checking the wrong variable. I'll upload the fixed version of Classic Perks later tonight.