Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

mootmoot posted:

I love that little bike. If that was for sale near me I would buy it for sure. I am slightly jel.

User Mootmoot can't commit to turns or fully typing words.

:cmon:

I dig that color Bultaco color scheme!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dzus posted:

I love what looks like a thumbs up by the kickstart.

It is, that was their logo

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Olde Weird Tip posted:

It is, that was their logo

Hmmm. A well executed Facebook lawsuit might bring this brand back into well financed glory.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'm surprised at how big it is...I've always thought of trials machines as tiny.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Might as well throw out the house downpayment!

Looks like they just came out of the crate since they didn't have windshields

Cool rear end Ohlins stuff with the electronic adjusters

mmm Tricolor....

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Z3n posted:

I'm surprised at how big it is...I've always thought of trials machines as tiny.

It's really small once you're actually riding it. And then when you're parking it, you realize the front wheel can go nearly perpendicular. I've adjusted the controls so that they're a bit easier to use while relaxed since the controls are set for riding while standing up.

Before:

After:

Large photos because it's such a beautiful bike.

The blue frames only came on the M199A model, M199 get red frames and most M199A have had their frames painted. Going to switch to 13 or 14 front sprocket and a 42 in the rear. Right now it has 12/46.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
That is gorgeous, but it looks small. How is it with a regular sized human sitting on it?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Backov posted:

That is gorgeous, but it looks small. How is it with a regular sized human sitting on it?

Sitting on it?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Backov posted:

Its a trials bike, you're supposed to stand on them. The seat is really for getting from one place to the next on a trials course.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
There's a video of me starting it and sitting on it for a few seconds on the last page. Here it is again: http://youtu.be/02m48ILh8ro

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Here's an example of what trials bikes do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXSF1Ljx8M

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Saw this beauty coming out of the gym, shame I didnt ride today otherwise we could be bike buddies :3:.

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 20, 2012

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
At my local bike shop.

Describes itself as an R80RT, cheap Chinese rubber. The white is quite nice, just a lovely blackberry camera. Looks like maybe a pair of Motad cans grafted onto stock pipework. Custom seat unit obviously. Forks are designed for a second caliper so either they're from something else or it's been removed for weight saving.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

mootmoot posted:

I love that little bike. If that was for sale near me I would buy it for sure. I am slightly jel.

Assuming you're still in Hampshire, G D Brown's in Godalming has/had a few twinshock trials bikes upstairs they'll sell you in nice condition. They've never put them on the website AFAIK so give them a ring to see if they still have them.

One of them is a Sherpa (if I'm not getting that right, it's something Spanish or Italian) in very nice nick, non-concours but super clean and ready to do some trials. For something a little less hairy, they had an equally clean TL125 - bonus CB125 engine, so you can use it for popping to the shops.

Twinshocks aren't really rare however - lots on e-bay and TMX (Trials and Motocross News). They provide cheap competition trials machinery for classic/twinshock classes, without the expense, weight and complexity of pre-65 machinery or the technical requirements of a modern monoshock trials bike. Also nostalgia for people who watched Kick Start as kids. Yamaha TY175 and TY250 are popular and easy to find with lighting kits and V5, and you can still get most parts. Pick one up and you can do "wobbler" classes for ridiculously little money. Like a tenner to enter and about 5 quid's worth of petrol and as many are self-scoring (you carry around a scorecard) you can spend all day knackering yourself and wheelieing into trees and ditches. Super-cheap motorsport and huge amounts of fun.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Here's Capirossi with a gold S1000rr. Dude is tiny.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Saga posted:

Forks are designed for a second caliper so either they're from something else or it's been removed for weight saving.

That's not necessarily true at all. I've had two cb650s that had mounting points for two calipers but stock only came with one caliper.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

clutchpuck posted:

Sitting on it?
haha yes!

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Its a trials bike, you're supposed to stand on them. The seat is really for getting from one place to the next on a trials course.

oh! I thought they were just ball protectors for when you slip off a log/rock/whatever. I didn't know that they were actually for occasional sitting.

SEE DEEZ NUTZ
Jan 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Saga posted:

Assuming you're still in Hampshire, G D Brown's in Godalming has/had a few twinshock trials bikes upstairs they'll sell you in nice condition. They've never put them on the website AFAIK so give them a ring to see if they still have them.

I know I'm going to get this account banned for posting whilst on probation, but thought it's worth it to say thanks!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Ducati endo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ra1pVoE9NM

I don't even know what the gently caress.

Mickey Rourke's new bike looks pretty sweet.
http://bikerscafeblog.com/2012/06/19/mickey-rourke-custom-motorcycle-by-rsd/

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 21, 2012

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

EvilCrayon posted:

It's really small once you're actually riding it. And then when you're parking it, you realize the front wheel can go nearly perpendicular. I've adjusted the controls so that they're a bit easier to use while relaxed since the controls are set for riding while standing up.

Before:

After:

Large photos because it's such a beautiful bike.

The blue frames only came on the M199A model, M199 get red frames and most M199A have had their frames painted. Going to switch to 13 or 14 front sprocket and a 42 in the rear. Right now it has 12/46.

Bastard. Just the other day I missed out on a super cheap and really well kept M199 by a couple of hours. The guy who bought it was just going to strip, clean, rebuild and garage-queen it :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

New Tires!!!

Its amazing how much a bikes feel improves going from squared off 6 year old tires that werent that great to begin with that are down to the cords, to brand new pilot powers.

Like a cat on carpet i tells ya!!!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Really loud, zipping past my bedroom all night long?

rear end.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Ducati endo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ra1pVoE9NM

I don't even know what the gently caress.
Looks to me like he touched his front brake lever, which I'm told causes that to happen.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Anyone able to tell me what the hell this is? I don't know if its a trike or a car :catstare:.

The "Driver" sits in the middle.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Tenchrono posted:

Anyone able to tell me what the hell this is? I don't know if its a trike or a car :catstare:.

The "Driver" sits in the middle.

It's called a piece of poo poo.

Resource
Aug 6, 2006
Yay!

Olde Weird Tip posted:

New Tires!!!

Its amazing how much a bikes feel improves going from squared off 6 year old tires that werent that great to begin with that are down to the cords, to brand new pilot powers.

Quit tempting me with your bike! It looks just like mine, so it's like window shopping every time you post pictures. Did you get those from an online vendor? Did you have someone put them on for you?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

HNasty posted:

It's called a piece of poo poo.

It's almost as if someone wanted to make a street legal bumper car, to me at least.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Is this mootmoot's riding crew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E5_2NTbZ_k

edit: I especially love when the guys tennis shoes go flying off.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 21, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

apparently he recovered from this and managed not to wreck it. :stare:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Ah yes, the rarely seen "fronting it in". Notice how his front tire is on the ideal line.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

Errant Gin Monks posted:

hahaha that one guy wobbling into the guardrail

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Errant Gin Monks posted:

There is a longer version of that video, a lot more bikes were taken out, IIRC it's from russia.

*edit couldn't find the vid but I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir9b0DoH6UU

HNasty fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 21, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Resource posted:

Quit tempting me with your bike! It looks just like mine, so it's like window shopping every time you post pictures. Did you get those from an online vendor? Did you have someone put them on for you?

I had my local bike shop price match bikebandit. I brought the wheels in for them to install the tires.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sockington, is this yours?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Collateral Damage posted:

That bike is awesome.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Collateral Damage posted:

The motor is so out of place, being so clean. It awkward.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

MrZig posted:

The motor is so out of place, being so clean. It awkward.

They spent a lot of time scuffing the chrome rocker covers and side covers. That bike is an '89 or newer. Ridiculous.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Helicopter footage of Guy Martin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbaO8mzByvw

Three customizers make their own unique VMax.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anPZV72dqyU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

I'm not sure how this evokes a chihuahua, but I know I'd cringe if OCC got the job. I will say this--Rourke knows exactly what he wants, and if it's anything like Black Death, there'll be a line of copycats. Its longevity can't be solely due to its exposure in that cheesy movie. It was quite simply a badass motorcycle.

FUN FACT: Young Sergeant Hushman was working in the public affairs dept at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona when the HD&TMM crew sought permission from us to have their shootout scene amongst the acres of mothballed aircraft. I just said I worked there at the time. I didn't say I approved the script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Ringo R posted:

Helicopter footage of Guy Martin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbaO8mzByvw

Three customizers make their own unique VMax.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anPZV72dqyU

That Vmax video was awesome, makes me want one so bad.