Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

TychoCelchuuu posted:

OK, please don't maul the poo poo out of my Dropbox but I think this link is accessible by everyone so... hooray.

(This is GNR - More Where That Came From. 100 songs that take you back to a simpler time when America was even more racist.)

Oh you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

TychoCelchuuu posted:

OK, please don't maul the poo poo out of my Dropbox but I think this link is accessible by everyone so... hooray.

(This is GNR - More Where That Came From. 100 songs that take you back to a simpler time when America was even more racist.)

Don't we need an ESP or something?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

xanthan posted:

Don't we need an ESP or something?

Nope, Extended New Vegas Radio Generator in the OP has the ESPs you need.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Those looking for more music are also well advised to check out Mojave Music Radio Extended and Mojave Music Radio eXpanded although the latter has a bit of overlap with More Where That Came From so you'll want to prune it. Also check out Vintage Fallout Radio Tracks and R.A.C.E Ready Music.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Thanks, man. Now to get Ghost of Smokey Joe, Ballin' the Jack, and Mockingbird Hill repeatedly jammed into my head!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
New version of Weapon Stats (aren't you ALL excited!).

Critical damage bug remains (a percent of weapons don't display the proper value), but it's covered up with question marks this time. The associated problem I was having with base damage was a coding oversight on my part. I.e., no other value seem to be affected by a similar bug.

I got rid of the number alignment because big values would protrude the message window (some still do, but only slightly) if Darnified UI wasn't installed. I prefer the way it looked before, so if there's any demand for that I might upload a separate version for Darnified.

[Weapon Stats 1.1]

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
So what are the chances of a Low Profile Armor Mod II ever being compiled? I just scoured through the New Vegas Nexus and found a small selection of decent looking armors that I wouldn't mind seeing implemented in the same way. I'll post a list if somebody's interested in actually throwing it together, seeing as how I personally have no idea how to work with leveled lists.

If somebody does go for it, feel free to include my Pre-War Hawaiian Shirt. Which reminds me that I need to finish that biker hat. Should probably get on that at some point...

EDIT: Is there a set of clothes in vanilla that's just a regular t-shirt and a pair of jeans? You've got the Merc Grunt outfit with a t-shirt but with cargo pants, and you've got the Parkstroller which has jeans but a collared shirt... I have a fun idea for another retexture but I still cannot for the life of me figure out how the hell I'm supposed to mix and match meshes and get them to work in game.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 22, 2012

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I feel like you ought to be able to wear a Hawaiian Shirt under other armor, but maybe I've played too much Nethack.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pope Guilty posted:

I feel like you ought to be able to wear a Hawaiian Shirt under other armor, but maybe I've played too much Nethack.

Craft it with some Gecko hides to make a Reinforced Hawaiian Shirt. Add some metal and fission batteries and you get Hawaiian Power Armour.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Honestly, I'd love to do that. Some sort of crazy Road Warrior-type Hawaiian shirt with ammo belts and shoulder pads. I was actually working on an armor I called the "Corporate Warrior" which was a business suit with armor strapped to it, but as I said in my edit above I still can't figure out how to get mesh edits into the game properly.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

So what are the chances of a Low Profile Armor Mod II ever being compiled? I just scoured through the New Vegas Nexus and found a small selection of decent looking armors that I wouldn't mind seeing implemented in the same way. I'll post a list if somebody's interested in actually throwing it together, seeing as how I personally have no idea how to work with leveled lists.

If somebody does go for it, feel free to include my Pre-War Hawaiian Shirt. Which reminds me that I need to finish that biker hat. Should probably get on that at some point...

I'm living off of the GI Bill and UC Davis doesn't start up again until late September, which means I have a looooong time off. In all likelihood, I'll make an attempt at expanding LPAM sometime this summer, especially after Dweller was kind enough to get it fully-integrated (meaning I can mainly work with the new containers he added to the worldspace.) I've been playing with LPAM installed for the last two months or so, and I really do enjoy the extra choices it provides.

However, I've already made a couple of changes: As much as I love the "Snake-Eater Garb", the mesh is too intrusive in first-person view, and obstructs the corner of your screen when using 1-handed weapons. So I had to replace the armor with something less obnoxious. Also, I started using JSawyer.esp, and immediately realized that Rope Kid's changes to vanilla armors far outclass the armors LPAM adds. A lot of them buff two or three skills by a total of 15 points, whereas LPAM armors were adding maybe 4-6 for a single skill while simultaneously being heavier and providing no DR.

Anyway, to answer your question: Yeah, I'll probably *try* to get LPAM V2.0 up and running at some point.

Pope Guilty posted:

I've always wished that newer Fallout / TES games had the complexities of Morrowind's system, where sets of armor were extremely modular and could be combined with ordinary clothing. I understand the time constraints and downsides of this system, but there's a part of me that would kill for the ability to customize my appearance and outfit to that extreme. Tailormaid and Satchels just doesn't do it for me.

Emanuel Yam
Aug 22, 2004

Take it from our drummer, 'Puff'
Being good it gets you stuff
e. no dramas, i figured it out

Emanuel Yam fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 22, 2012

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've always wished that newer Fallout / TES games had the complexities of Morrowind's system, where sets of armor were extremely modular and could be combined with ordinary clothing. I understand the time constraints and downsides of this system, but there's a part of me that would kill for the ability to customize my appearance and outfit to that extreme. Tailormaid and Satchels just doesn't do it for me.
Yeah, other than the setting the modular armor system is still my favorite thing about Morrowind. Makes perfect sense for the Fallout universe too: It's a harsh and unforgiving post-Apocalyptic wasteland populated with armed crazies hopped up on chems, of course you're going to strap any random piece of scrap you can find to your body if it can help stop a bullet. :v:

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've always wished that newer Fallout / TES games had the complexities of Morrowind's system,

I can't think of any other game I've played, before or since, mods or no, that counted each gauntlet as a separate piece of armor.

What the gently caress happened, Bethesda

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Cirosan posted:

As for the traits not showing up on respec: Cream-of-Plenty first told me about this. It's another bug, but I've actually fixed this one, I just haven't released the fix yet because I am a slothful man. Again, it's an oversight caused by checking the wrong variable. I'll upload the fixed version of Classic Perks later tonight.

Released yet?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Sorry if its been discussed/fixed on a previous page, I'm not going to wade through three hundred+ pages just for one fix.

J.E. Sawyer's mod, it makes my NV poo poo the bed and I want to try playing by his hardcore ruleset. Its an instant CTD before the main menu even shows, I've checked all the mods, turning off all .esm files except for New Vegas' and JE's .esp and it still crashed.

Anybody know how to fix this? Please?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

E-Tank posted:

Sorry if its been discussed/fixed on a previous page, I'm not going to wade through three hundred+ pages just for one fix.

J.E. Sawyer's mod, it makes my NV poo poo the bed and I want to try playing by his hardcore ruleset. Its an instant CTD before the main menu even shows, I've checked all the mods, turning off all .esm files except for New Vegas' and JE's .esp and it still crashed.

Anybody know how to fix this? Please?

An instant CTD typically means you're missing a master, and since JSawyer.esp needs all official plugins, this could be the source of the problem. Everything from FalloutNV.esm, to the five DLC (DM, HH, OWB, LR, GRA) and the "Courier's Stash" (Classic, Caravan, Mercenary, Tribal) must be active.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Rabhadh posted:

Released yet?
Yes.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

"Courier's Stash" (Classic, Caravan, Mercenary, Tribal) must be active.

Wow, I am such an idiot. Thanks for the info, god I feel so stupid now.

Duplicate
Jul 7, 2007
Lucky me.

EDIT: Is there a set of clothes in vanilla that's just a regular t-shirt and a pair of jeans? You've got the Merc Grunt outfit with a t-shirt but with cargo pants, and you've got the Parkstroller which has jeans but a collared shirt... I have a fun idea for another retexture but I still cannot for the life of me figure out how the hell I'm supposed to mix and match meshes and get them to work in game.

There's always the Memphis Kid (or whatever) outfit that the Kings wear.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
I'd forgotten all about that one! That's just what I'm looking for.

In other news, here's the list I compiled of poo poo that'd be cool to see compiled for the next LPAM version. Keep in mind that some of this is from the Fallout 3 Nexus, but it's my understanding that converting between the two is pretty easy so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, right? A couple might be a bit redundant (e.g. the hooded gasmask) so it wouldn't be any great loss were they not included, but hell, put 'em on the list to facilitate variety anyways.

Headgear
Hooded Gasmask
Super Mutant Eye Implants
Monocle
Raccoon Skin Cap
Pickelhaube Helmet

Wasteland Gear
Wasteland Journeyman Armor
Road Warrior Armor
Wasteland Soldier Armor
Armored Leather Jacket
Cannibal Outfit
Merc Adventurer Armor
Scavenger Armor

Pre-War Gear
Police Uniform
Detective Style Outfit
Pre-War Hawaiian Shirt

Brotherhood Gear
Armored Scribe Robe
Brotherhood Armor
Midwest Brotherhood Armor
VaultTec Power Armor

Raider Gear
Raider Leather Armor
Brutal Raider Outfit

Vault Gear
Vault 105 Excursion Armor
Combat Armored Vault Suit
Vault Drifter Outfit

Miscellaneous Gear
Enclave Security Armor
XV Enclave Rework
Diving Suit

And these don't really fit anywhere, but I felt that they should be shared regardless:

Plague Doctor
Three Wolf Moon

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Hey, some of those are some nice finds. I haven't seen poo poo like the Diving Suit and Vault 105 Excursion suit before. Very cool. I'll see what I can do! Tell me, have you found an Ushanka? I'd really love a Ushanka in the game, and the Raccoon Cap reminded me of that.

PoliceAutomaton

I'm having trouble with one of the hair meshes from SHaM: The Braided Hair doesn't disappear when you put a hat on, even though I've included the "NoHat" .egm files that came with the original mod. The only thing I can think of is that, since it is an FO3 file, NV is failing to read these flags (since the same trick worked for the other hairs, which had been converted to NV.)

Would you be able to take a look at it at some point, since you seem to know a lot more about it than me? I feel stupid, but I can't find where I should be flagging these files so that game knows what to hide when wearing a hat.

Link

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 23, 2012

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hey, some of those are some nice finds. I haven't seen poo poo like the Diving Suit and Vault 105 Excursion suit before. Very cool. I'll see what I can do! Tell me, have you found an Ushanka? I'd really love a Ushanka in the game, and the Raccoon Cap reminded me of that.

Unfortunately, I went through the entire Armor and Clothing sections of both sites to make up that list. However, there might not have been one because such a hat already existed stock in Fallout 3. Hat of the People (and by association, the Chinese commando hat) are probably what you'd want.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Unfortunately, I went through the entire Armor and Clothing sections of both sites to make up that list. However, there might not have been one because such a hat already existed stock in Fallout 3. Hat of the People (and by association, the Chinese commando hat) are probably what you'd want.

That's the hat. I knew it was hidden somewhere. I'll see if I can put it in.

I just added the Diving Suit. Because it was an FO3 plugin, I had to rebuild the texture sets and the additional biped data (gloves). There's some clipping, which makes me think that the armor was intended to be used without a Pipboy. Am I missing a flag for, "Do not display PipBoy 3000 while wearing this"?

Otherwise...that armor is the bees knees. Fits into the game in a ridiculous sort of way, especially with all of the fresh water that's available. I'm not planning to put it on NPCs, though (just vendors and maybe hand-placed) since they look dumb as gently caress, and there's no viable way to prevent people from wearing it 20 miles from water.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is there a complete list of what's in the armour mod anywhere? I've trawled the Nexus in search of good poo poo myself, but goddamn, there's a lot of really bad stuff out there.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's the hat. I knew it was hidden somewhere. I'll see if I can put it in.

I just added the Diving Suit. Because it was an FO3 plugin, I had to rebuild the texture sets and the additional biped data (gloves). There's some clipping, which makes me think that the armor was intended to be used without a Pipboy. Am I missing a flag for, "Do not display PipBoy 3000 while wearing this"?

Otherwise...that armor is the bees knees. Fits into the game in a ridiculous sort of way, especially with all of the fresh water that's available. I'm not planning to put it on NPCs, though (just vendors and maybe hand-placed) since they look dumb as gently caress, and there's no viable way to prevent people from wearing it 20 miles from water.

I'm not sure if such a flag exists. If you're not actively wearing the Pipboy, can you even access your inventory, stats and other stuff? I do know you can edit a mesh to include a with and without Pipboy version of the arm it goes on, but I was never able to find the model for the Pipboy that goes on the arm so in my attempts I couldn't even figure out exactly where I had to shrink the other version of the arm or by how much. If you could figure that out, I don't think it'd be too difficult to fix; just taper the sleeve on either end of where the Pipboy goes.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not sure if such a flag exists. If you're not actively wearing the Pipboy, can you even access your inventory, stats and other stuff? I do know you can edit a mesh to include a with and without Pipboy version of the arm it goes on, but I was never able to find the model for the Pipboy that goes on the arm so in my attempts I couldn't even figure out exactly where I had to shrink the other version of the arm or by how much. If you could figure that out, I don't think it'd be too difficult to fix; just taper the sleeve on either end of where the Pipboy goes.

Good to know. I know absolutely nothing about modifying models, and don't have any programs to do so. I think--at least until somebody else volunteers--I'll just make a note of the clipping issue in the ReadMe. It's not a huge issue, and you're still wearing a big, fuckoff Diving Suit.

I'm going to be honest, though. I probably won't add a whole lot more to LPAM...maybe 8 or 9 more armors and 4 or 5 accessories and helmets. I'm really leery of bloat, and, while a lot of these armors you linked are excellent on their own, they get really redundant when put together. I'm noticing a pattern of adding the original "Armored Vault 101" pauldrons to everything.

In addition to replacing the Snake Eater's Garb from V1.0, I replaced the original gas mask with something that had more...personality. Right now, I'm planning to add the following to the mod:

Diving Suit
    Vault 105 Excursion Suit (I'm calling it the "Vault Expeditionary Suit")
    Brutal Raider Outfit
    Raider Leather Armor (maybe)
    Detective Style Outfit (if it has all the necessary textures to work in NV)
    Police Uniform
    Pre-War Hawaiian Shirt
    Pickelhaube
    Super Mutant Eye Implants (Brainstorming a better name)
    ...and that goddamned Ushanka

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
I'll also try and get my biker cap finished if you're interested in tossing that in along with everything else. All that I really had left was basically to work on sizing and positioning and making sure it looks right on both male and female characters. Maybe changing the texture a little bit if I find it clashes with the majority of leather, since I threw the texture together using the Kings jacket as a base and never checked it against other leathers.

EDIT: And no Raccoon Skin Cap? I had that pegged as capturing the whole western frontier feel pretty well, what with Davey Crockett and the Alamo and what have you.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 23, 2012

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

PoliceAutomaton

I'm having trouble with one of the hair meshes from SHaM: The Braided Hair doesn't disappear when you put a hat on, even though I've included the "NoHat" .egm files that came with the original mod. The only thing I can think of is that, since it is an FO3 file, NV is failing to read these flags (since the same trick worked for the other hairs, which had been converted to NV.)

Would you be able to take a look at it at some point, since you seem to know a lot more about it than me? I feel stupid, but I can't find where I should be flagging these files so that game knows what to hide when wearing a hat.

Link

A helpful hint:

New Vegas' engine has a bug (No idea if that bug was also present in FO3) that makes it ignore .egm files of .nifs that are used by .esp addons that don't have a .bsa file. (wow, what a sentence) This means that in order to make .egm files actually function you need a .bsa (that can be completly empty) that has the same name as your .esp, for example:

test1.esp
test1.bsa

Only then will fallout actually load your .egm files.

Here's an empty bsa for you: http://db.tt/Vk54pzv9

This is not really relevant for you though, as .egm files only contain information to make the hair fit with the different headshapes. I don't think they are needed for hat/nohat. As for your problem, not sure. All you need is two meshes inside the .nif file, one named Hat, one named NoHat. You seem to have all that and the flags are correctly set also.

Inside the BSShaderTextureSet property, remove the trailing "\" from the paths to the textures, this is known to cause all sorts of problems. Example:

Don't write:
\textures\characters\hair\braids.dds

write:
textures\characters\hair\braids.dds

Else I don't see anything wrong with any of this, I even tried copying the mesh over to a vanilla hairpiece. even reimporting/exporting in blender and adjusting the mesh to the appropiate flags. No luck. Just isn't working. Sorry but I'm stumped. I'd cut that thing out regardless though, the polycount is horribly high for as simple as it is.

See why I gave up on F:NV hair? Oh also I didn't get around to make that one hair for you, I'm sorry, I'll see if I have something next week if thats ok.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I'll also try and get my biker cap finished if you're interested in tossing that in along with everything else. All that I really had left was basically to work on sizing and positioning and making sure it looks right on both male and female characters. Maybe changing the texture a little bit if I find it clashes with the majority of leather, since I threw the texture together using the Kings jacket as a base and never checked it against other leathers.

EDIT: And no Raccoon Skin Cap? I had that pegged as capturing the whole western frontier feel pretty well, what with Davey Crockett and the Alamo and what have you.

Oh, missed that. And the Raccoon Skin Cap :allears:

Thanks a lot for the tips and for looking at the plugin. I'll take a second look and see if I can't figure out what's going on.

EDIT2: IT BEGINS.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 23, 2012

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Cirosan, I don't know if you're taking requests for the Wild Wasteland expansion, but I kind of went ahead and made this anyways in the hopes that you'd be able to use it. I hope you're a Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan because otherwise this is going to fly right past you and I'm going to feel really dumb.

It's airplane-based time machine inventor and mullet enthusiast, Nick Miller from Time Chasers.

I'll upload the files if you (or anybody else, I guess) want them.

EDIT: Anyone here with modeling skills want to do me a quick favor? I'm looking for a version of the construction helmet without the two channels on top and the square protrusions around the sides. I had another lore friendly hat idea but I suck at Blender and can't remove them myself without making it look like the helmet was attacked with a sledgehammer.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 23, 2012

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.

Cirosan posted:

@Multiple RE: ilevelupskillpointsbase - You know how Police Automaton mentioned how the documentation for NV modding was really bad? Yeah, that value actually does absolutely nothing, as I learned upon first beta release. You can change it as high or low as you want and nothing will happen. Current versions of CCO now add a perk that uses the Adjust Skill Points Gained entry point to forcefully change your skill points gained - the change to ilevelupskillpointsbase is a remnant from the very first release.

As for why it wouldn't be sticking, I'm not sure. This is the first time since beta 1 that I've heard of this problem. I would check your load order to make sure nothing is explicitly interfering. As always, excruciating detail in describing your problem helps.

Is there a way I can view/edit the effects of this perk through FNVedit or something similar? Looking through the list of changes I couldn't find the entry, but my knowledge of the program is very limited.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any luck with the hair mod v2, Cream-of-Plenty. Still haven't started installing the mods yet, but once I do I am hoping this is up and running.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

You know it would be really great if I could torrent some of these gigantic mods. That Armor compilation that PA made is way is far too big for me to download directly.

:qq: I want my mass effect cosplay.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

The Low Profile Armor pack is excellent. With the handkerchief from the satchels mod and the gunslinger armor, I am now the gay cowboy I know I was born to be.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

Any luck with the hair mod v2, Cream-of-Plenty. Still haven't started installing the mods yet, but once I do I am hoping this is up and running.

Here is the most current download link (Version 1.1)

I haven't done a v2.0 (yet). This version has a bug with the braided hair clipping through headgear, but we haven't been able to find a fix for it.

Infanticide posted:

The Low Profile Armor pack is excellent. With the handkerchief from the satchels mod and the gunslinger armor, I am now the gay cowboy I know I was born to be.

Glad you're enjoying it!

stay off my page
Mar 28, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nope, Extended New Vegas Radio Generator in the OP has the ESPs you need.

I'm confused. It doesn't require any esps, but I need an esp from the mod in the OP? When I download that mod it wants me to generate new music files with .bat files. Can't I just drop the More Where That Came From mod into my Data folder?

btw Thanks Tycho, love your youtube vids!

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Cirosan, I don't know if you're taking requests for the Wild Wasteland expansion, but I kind of went ahead and made this anyways in the hopes that you'd be able to use it.
I love you.

Believe it or not, I actually had a pretty blatant homage to MST3K implemented already, but I didn't want to post too many screenshots or details since that would defeat the point if I spoiled everything long before the mod was released. I may have gone overboard and re-created the intro sequence with all the doors sliding open. Also, Manos.

I figure there's no real limitations on what this mod adds. With really obvious things like the Zybourne Clock in the base game, the precedent is there to be really crazy about it.

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
Hey I got this glitch here, I think it has to do with Satchels, where the NCR seems to shoot me on sight despite the fact I just got out of goodsprings and had little to no run ins with them. My rep is fine but I'm guessing satchels has made me look like I'm permanently in a disguise as a powder ganger. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

To anyone who may know:

I'm working on LPAM right now and I would like to give NCR Rangers (specifically, NPCs wearing the NCR Ranger Combat Armor) a chance to wear a different set of armor. For example, I'd really like it if I could target the NCR "Hit Squads" that harass you if you lose face with their faction. Currently I'm using a script to add the new outfit to the following leveled lists, based on their descriptions:

VFactionSquadNCRVeteranTrooperArmor
VFactionSquadNCRPatrolRangerArmor

I seem to recall that hit squads don't actually pull from these lists, but my only other option seems to be using scripts to add the armor directly to the 'CondNVRangerCombatArmor' list, which I'd like to avoid. Otherwise, the trail seems to go straight from 'CondNVRangerCombatArmor' straight to the NPCs that wear it.