Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Mince Pieface posted:

Clearly the relationship between the Red Sun, Green Sun, and LE is the same as with Superman. LE grows up under the Red Sun, and in the light of the Green Sun he gains superpowers. But if you get some kryptonite Red Sun rock, you can negate his powers!

Also, he's a dick, just like Superman.

Aw man, do you have any idea how expensive Red Sun rock is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
In one of Hussie's annotations for the Homestuck books, he actually does make reference to the fact that the recurring sun motif (Dave's sun, Terezi's eyes) is important and that we haven't seen why yet. I'm not 100% sure about it being one of the annotations, but I know he has said that at some juncture.

Also, I think the strangest thing is the most obvious one: if that is a station like WV or what have you, then that means they're on a planet that has already played Sburb.

That has to be problematic in some way.

Also, I idly wonder if it is actually possible to play Sburb as the game is "intended" to be played. We've seen 5 sessions, and all are incredibly hosed up in some way. Like, is it a game that has a capacity for normality? Or is "something being hosed up" a fundamental part?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Saradiart posted:

Also, I idly wonder if it is actually possible to play Sburb as the game is "intended" to be played. We've seen 5 sessions, and all are incredibly hosed up in some way. Like, is it a game that has a capacity for normality? Or is "something being hosed up" a fundamental part?

A2 was probably the closest we've seen to a normal session. The powergaming aspects were the only thing we've seen that were really odd up until the very end. They even got their exiles to happen correctly!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Saradiart posted:

In one of Hussie's annotations for the Homestuck books, he actually does make reference to the fact that the recurring sun motif (Dave's sun, Terezi's eyes) is important and that we haven't seen why yet. I'm not 100% sure about it being one of the annotations, but I know he has said that at some juncture.

Also, I think the strangest thing is the most obvious one: if that is a station like WV or what have you, then that means they're on a planet that has already played Sburb.

Which could, in turn, mean that cherubs are some iteration of Sburb's version of carapacians. Which would explain Calliope's statement that her race "never had a home planet", and also tie in to The Felt in the Midnight Crew intermission.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Welp, nevermind, it was a meteor all along. Still means it was probably a planet that had a session.

e: Oh, wait, no. It's the meteor the Dave, Rose, and the trolls are on.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 22, 2012

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

They really were in a meteor lab! Fancy that. Still not clear what planet this is supposed to be, or what universe, but I guess we can say for sure they're not actually in the game yet.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
And they're living in the Sloppy Interspecies Makeout Meteor.

welp

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
Ahh, so they live in triple future earth, then.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009

Quotetype posted:

Years in the future...Very, very many

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's a big meteor, so maybe the kids and trolls never find them.

Also, if uu is Lord English, then he is already here.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Quotetype posted:

Uhh, I get the feeling that when Calliope mentioned that instances of the universe deeper inside the frog would die later to Red Miles, maybe it meant we'd be seeing one of those deep instances. Maybe this is it.

GOD paradox space is weird. Every instance of the universe is contained within Bilious Slick, which is in an incipisphere. You can travel from incipisphere to incipisphere via the outer veil. You can also maybe travel from universe to universe so the Sloppy Interspecies Makeout Meteor could get to Earth. A different earth, that is. One that didn't die from Red Miles anywhere near as quickly.

HOW THE gently caress DOES THE SCRATCH WORK INTO THAT.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Again, I'll leave it to you guys figure this one out. I just can't do this.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I was right! :dance:

But I wish I wasn't... :ohdear:

The colourblind theory may not be watertight, since uu mentions his cheeks going red.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zeruel posted:

I was right! :dance:

But I wish I wasn't... :ohdear:

The colourblind theory may not be watertight, since uu mentions his cheeks going red.

It's not watertight at all. Calliope has made pictures that feature both red and green in them. Pretty hard to do that if you see both the colours as the same thing.

Also it's silly.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Well, at least that explains how Rose's book ends up in UU's hands. But i don't think that they are one the meteor while the Kids and Trolls are on it. Wherever it eventually ends up is where Calliope is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think that's the actual troll/kid meteor, but who knows. The simplier explanation would be it's just the ectobiological meteor that carried Calliope and uu to whatever planet they're on in the first place.

E: ^^^ Actually that's a good point! Easily explains how Rose's book gets there. guess they'll abandon the thing when they reach the B2 session.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
It looks pretty drat similar.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Slime posted:

It's not watertight at all. Calliope has made pictures that feature both red and green in them. Pretty hard to do that if you see both the colours as the same thing.

Also it's silly.

Well, what if it's a red/green reversal, and it applies to both the readers and the cherubs, so in reality uu's cheeks are green while UU's are red, but they see it the other way around.

This would also suggest UU is Lord English.

And that UU is wearing lots of red.

And that...her skin...is red.

Yeah, this fell apart quick!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Jon Joe posted:

Well, what if it's a red/green reversal, and it applies to both the readers and the cherubs, so in reality uu's cheeks are green while UU's are red, but they see it the other way around.

This would also suggest UU is Lord English.

And that UU is wearing lots of red.

And that...her skin...is red.

Yeah, this fell apart quick!

And Hussie just pulled the same trick on us that uu did to UU.

loving Geninus

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

It's all just bandicoots

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Luckily some jovial clown left behind a lifes supply of delicious special stardust to eat on this entirely vacant meteor.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
How'd the meteor get into the surface of a planet completely intact with no apparent impact whatsoever? That's the weirdest part about this.

But also, for as long as we've known what the meteor lab looks like, I guess we've never seen anyone at the top of that highest tower, have we? Vriska got killed on the second highest one, if I recall.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The biggest question to me was "who even put them there and set up the chains and all that if there was no one else on their planet? Who established 'rules' for them?" and I guess we have a few potential answers now.

Scratch could've done it, or more likely, we have an answer as to where the hell Gamzee was hiding out at on the meteor.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Hussie is just chucking curve ball after curve ball after curve ball since UU was revealed.

Edit: Calliope's cufflinks may have somehow come from the trolls/Rose/Dave.

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 22, 2012

starfish prime
Jun 22, 2010
Doesn't the meteor situation seem a little suspicious to you guys? Especially considering that Rose just...left her book there despite all the hard work she put into it. Perhaps something goes horribly wrong at some point during the meteor's journey?

The Wall
Jan 3, 2012
I haven't read Homestuck in a year and a half and I just caught up today. It was exhausting!

I had to read so much text!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

starfish prime posted:

Doesn't the meteor situation seem a little suspicious to you guys? Especially considering that Rose just...left her book there despite all the hard work she put into it. Perhaps something goes horribly wrong at some point during the meteor's journey?

I figured she probably captchalogue'd it and duped it at some point, and maybe just left the original there when the meteor went off on its merry way to Bowser's Star Reactor over here.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

starfish prime posted:

It's likely that as a God Tier Seer of Light, Rose might have just known that she was supposed to leave the book there. Whether or not she knows who is supposed to have it or not is another question entirely.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I suddenly don't understand anything.

Again.

Or maybe I just continue to not understand anything, and the status quo is maintained. Hurray!

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
You know, it just occurred to me that if they're on the same meteor that the Trolls and Derse kids are (And they probably are. The only other thing I can think of it being is the same meteor from B2's session, but I doubt that's the case) then Lil Cal might still be on the meteor. If that's the case, he's probably one of the Jujus. (Probably UU's since uu sees Lil Cal as bad news)

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This update just made me realize, how the heck will the travelers on Sloppy Makeout Meteor actually make it to the new session? I guess they all survived crashing on a planet via meteor before, so why not again?

Anyway, as much as I try to avoid thinking about webcomics during my non-internet life, today at the store I noticed a suspicious looking beer that eerily reflected certain recent updates. The more I looked at the label the more I saw, from the color to the text on the label giving the illusion of alternating capitalized J's and U's, to the swirly images contained therein, so I obviously had to buy it. Is this what happens when you've been serially following this stupid webcomic for a year and a week or so? It starts to affect your everyday purchases? poo poo.

The beer doesn't taste great, by the way.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Okay, red mystery planet is automatically the best planet now.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
You maniacs!

I'm ashamed that I didn't get the artifacts until I saw the other lovely statues too.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Hahaha, I have to wonder just HOW MANY apocalyptic movie references Andrew can fit into Homestuck before the end.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I assume the heavy artifacting means this is actually a leftover prop from the Sweet Bro And Hella Jeff Moive

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hussie's finally made a monkey...
(yes he's finally made a monkey!)
He's fiiii-nally maaaaade a moooonkeeeey ooooout ooooof uuuuuuuus!

I love you, Doctor Scratch!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I like Calliope more now that she's got emotions besides 'Sweetness' and 'victim'.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Calliope's faces here are just golden. Even with the white snake tongue, she's actually becoming sort of adorable. :3:

Shame we'll have to look at the other half soon, though.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Calliope is adorable and you're all terrible people for recoiling in disgust. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

I assume the heavy artifacting means this is actually a leftover prop from the Sweet Bro And Hella Jeff Moive

Clearly this is actually a far-future of the Land of Heat And Clockwork