Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Sent email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Have an 04 YZ450F carb for sale if anyone wants it for their DRZ400S/SM. Throttle cables and carb, you'll need to grab the E model intake boot to make it fit. Will probably need jetting changes too, although I can tear it down and check the jetting if you'd like. Make an offer.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
2005 Suzuki Boulevard S83, this is the shaft drive intruder 1400 just rebranded for 2005, fantastic bike. ~7k miles, garage kept, only non-stock stuff is bolt on engine guard and highway pegs, bolt on saddle bag rack. I have some extra stuff I'll throw in free thats not on the bike.

I have a synthetic riding jacket and I think, if I haven't lent it out, a helmet but I'll have to go to the garage later to see what size. Jacket's a medium I think, summer wearable but safe (just vented).

Locals/goons discount, PM or ask mattus (at) gmail.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

I'm selling my KTM, here are the details:

2008 KTM XCF 250
Pro Action front suspension and The Edge Motorsports shock tuned for 180lbs
Athena 30cc big bore kit
ASV levers
Electric and kick start

You can see a few pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/axxS4

I have the original manuals and the nifty bag from the PO. There are a bunch of printouts of the upgrades the PO did and they all seem to be on the up and up. From what he told me, the original motor had no problems and he had the big bore kit installed for some additional power. It runs great and I've had no problems with the bike.

It will need a new chain and sprockets pretty soon but the tires have a bit of life left on them. The fuel tap switch is snapped off so you need to use pliers to turn it on and off. The case cover on the right side was re-painted with the wrong kind of paint and it is wearing off.

The bike and I are in Phoenix. I'm looking to get $3k. Send me a PM or a gmail at jddonz.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Selling my 04 Blue OEM SV650s lower fairings. Buy them from me for the price of $500 dollars. I need money.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Not an Anthem posted:

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S83, this is the shaft drive intruder 1400 just rebranded for 2005, fantastic bike. ~7k miles, garage kept, only non-stock stuff is bolt on engine guard and highway pegs, bolt on saddle bag rack. I have some extra stuff I'll throw in free thats not on the bike.

I have a synthetic riding jacket and I think, if I haven't lent it out, a helmet but I'll have to go to the garage later to see what size. Jacket's a medium I think, summer wearable but safe (just vented).

Locals/goons discount, PM or ask mattus (at) gmail.

Post your location.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Sold

Alceste fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 8, 2012

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

invision posted:

Selling my 04 Blue OEM SV650s lower fairings. Buy them from me for the price of $500 dollars. I need money.

I don't even own an sv650 but this is such a good deal I may take you up on it. What's your paypal address?

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

edit: gs500 es sold

Bring Back Noid fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 15, 2012

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Just throwing it out there, but did you try adjusting the idle screw?

Manawski
Oct 20, 2003

HOW DO I MADE PUDDING
We'll try it again, but the really weird thing with this situation is that it doesn't necessarily STAY at 4k. If you work the clutch enough, it will come back down to a respectable 1k rpm. Adjusting the idle a whole lot just seems to serve to make that low idle a lot more unstable. It doesn't seem to do a whole lot to the getting stuck at 4k after putting load on the engine problem.

Edit: I'm said friend who got soaked with gas and actually has the title to the bike. I'm letting RuPaul handle it because my job has me jetting out of town for weeks on end.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

That's definitely a vacuum leak somewhere. Revving the bike and having the idle settle down to something above what it normally should is a telltale sign.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
If you get the idle sorted out, I am definitely interested in it.

SeeYouEnTee
May 5, 2010

Pickle Presenter

RuPaul Levesque posted:

:siren:Northeast Ohio:siren:

Selling a 2002 Suzuki GS500 - 12k miles, pretty much everything is gravy on the bike. It wants to idle at about 4000 RPM once you get to riding it, and I have run out of patience trying to figure out why. I already tried replacing the throttle cables because of what felt like a sticky throttle. It helped the issue but did not alleviate it.

Probably something to do with the carbs, but I just don't feel like ripping it back apart because I want to buy a CBR250r and this will be my down payment. Likely easy for someone with know how.

It runs good and sounds good, rides good except for that issue. It ain't pretty, but it smells good. It doused my friend's crotch in gas-o-line today.

Here is a picture.

Here is a link to the craigslist ad.

http://tuscarawas.craigslist.org/mcy/3119043484.html

For you guys, $1200 obo!

Thanks for looking!

Ohio GS500 rider here.

Plenty of searchable how-to's and information on this site:
http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?board=1.0

Most likely is a badly set idle and a clogged jet. The bike is on the newer end of the scale so I wouldn't suspect a vacuum leak but you will be able to tell really fast if you've got one by spraying wd-40 on the carb boots while it's idling high.

Run the bike around for 15 minutes, set the idle screw down to 1500 rpms and spray some seafoam in the carbs.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

We tore down the carbs and cleaned them out really well. Didn't see anything that would indicate a plugged jet so then we gave it hell with some starter fluid at idle. Sure enough, we found a vacuum leak at the petcock on the frame. We're going to look at it some more tomorrow when we get a little more daylight to see if it's something that we can fix with what's on hand, if it ends up being the diaphragm, I'll have to order a new one.

It's probably going to be a week or 2 by the time the part shows up here, but we can knock the price down if you want to go ahead and get the part and DIY.

Edit:

Tomorrow I'll record myself spraying the starting fluid on the petcock and upload it to Youtube so you can see the effect.

Bring Back Noid fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 7, 2012

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I'd rather come check it out once the idle is sorted. If you sell it before then, no biggie. I'm rather unfamiliar with GS500s and autumn/winter deals will be upon us soon.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

This is a Teiz Motorsports Diego one-piece perforated leather riding suit, size medium-tall. It is an over-garment, and is cut larger than a racing suit. It is all-leather with armor, but has acres of perforation on the front, back, and legs. I purchased it on closeout several months ago and wore it a few times, but I haven't used it as much as I expected. The ventilation is very good, but most days in my area are more suitable for my Roadcrafter. Hopefully I will not regret this too much when August/September rolls around.

Product information: http://store.teizms.com/diego
Size chart: http://www.teizms.com/images/1piece.jpg
Product photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teizms/6071846929/in/photostream/

(product photo illustrating perforations, not me)

quote:

Diego is the first ever leather-mesh riding suit. Unlike race leathers which are far from ideal for daily use, commuting or touring, the Diego comes loaded with a convenient full length zipper and unique perforations which flow an incomparable amount of air. Leather is still the most abrasion resistant material and we use premium cowhide for the ultimate luxury experience. Pair the suit with a thermal layer or electric gear for a year round suit.

Condition: There are a few bug splats and some superficial scuffs on the suit. The scuffs are generally from dust at the knees, or rubbing against a wall on the elbows, and clean right off the leather. I could not find any abrasions that broke the surface of the leather. There are no knee pucks.

Cost is $350, shipping included.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 9, 2012

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Bring Back Noid fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 15, 2012

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
My dad wants to sell his blue 2007 SV650 in southern Virginia. The bike is stock except for a three-position lowering link and a shortened kickstand, good for an inch or two lower ride height. Still has the stock link if you want to throw that on. He also has the passenger seat cowl. The bike has just over 400 miles, isn't through the breakin, is kept on a battery tender with a Seafoamed tank and is cranked regularly, but not ridden. This is pretty much a brand new bike, never down, never even parked outside. Clean title. Asking $4200. Contact manwasmatter at gmail.

I'm also looking for a radiator fan for a 1987 Honda Shadow 700, for a friend of mine. She needs (at least) the fan, motor and shroud. If you have any of this handy, let me know. Thanks!

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Bring Back Noid fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 15, 2012

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Anyone interested in these givi cases I have? I'm thinking I'd do like $200 shipped for the set of them...

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

n8r posted:

Anyone interested in these givi cases I have? I'm thinking I'd do like $200 shipped for the set of them...

I'd have to buy mounts for my bike, right? Do you know what that would entail for me? (triumph bonneville)

E: after some googling it seems that I can't get them on easily :( Bumma.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 13, 2012

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

n8r posted:

What exact ones are they?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&userid=38845#post404478309

They are the matched key set 40 liter I think.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
2006 Honda VFR800ABS

Posting this ad for a friend. He bought the bike but decided it wasn't what he really wanted after the ride home, so it's up for sale.

2006 Honda VFR800ABS Color: Black - 18452 miles

Asking $6900

Included:
Full Givi Monokey Setup - V47 top box, OEM Honda Givi side cases with internal bags for ease of packing.
Frame sliders
Mirror extenders
Bagster tank cover and tankbag
Color Matched Passenger Seat Cover
1 inch bar risers
Original Manual/Tool Kit

The good:
Clean title, never down. Peg feelers still pristine and untouched. Brake and clutch fluid recently flushed, new front and rear brake pads, oil just changed with Motul, sprockets and DID chain in great shape. Charging system checked and in excellent condition. Tires are Pilot Road 2s in great condition. Bike is in fantastic shape and ready for a new rider.

Imperfections:
Some scrapes on the left side bag. Registration currently, but suspended because bike has no insurance. Low beam bulbs need to be replaced (have 2 on the way, and will replace them when they show up on Tuesday).

Bike located in Oakland, CA.

No test rides without full asking price in hand.

Contact via PM or .

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm selling my horribly mistreated 2009 DRZ400SM. It barely gets ridden and I would prefer the money to a bunch of metal and plastic sitting in my driveway. I'm in the DC area and looking for around $4000. Here's the Craigslist post: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/3140817873.html

If you're interested, either PM me here or email me at. Let me know that you're a goon since the CL listing also directs there.

SOLD

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 17, 2012

Manawski
Oct 20, 2003

HOW DO I MADE PUDDING
Digging through my storage unit, I found a bunch of happened to have laying around. Most of this gear has been worn only once or twice. I've outgrown this gear (literally, I'm too fat to wear it), so that's why I'm selling it.

Joe Rocket Atomic 3 Jacket

Blue, Black, Gray, size SMALL.
Practically brand new, only worn once.
No liner.
$60 Shipped

Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0 Pants

Black. Size SMALL (32" waist is as large as they'll go)
Never been worn other than to try them on. I primarily used leather while riding, and just had these as backup overpants.
No liner.
$60 Shipped.

Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 Perforated Pants

These have been worn, and I have crash tested them. There is minor scuffing in two half-dollar sized spots at the hips. The one seam has some stitching scraped off, the other side you can poke your finger under the leather piece protecting the seam, but the seam itself isn't broken.
No liner.

Size SMALL (Again, 32" waist is max for JR small pants)
$60 Shipped
SOLD!

Alpinestars APEX DRYSTAR Gauntlets
Monochrome Black, size Medium.
These are practically brand new, I just can't seem to get them to work with my hands :confused: The inside liner keeps screwing with me.
$45 Shipped

If you're interested in any of this stuff, please PM me or e-mail at {my username} @ gmail.

Manawski fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 18, 2012

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Pm sent about the leather pants.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

I'm selling my horribly mistreated 2009 DRZ400SM. It barely gets ridden and I would prefer the money to a bunch of metal and plastic sitting in my driveway. I'm in the DC area and looking for around $4000. Here's the Craigslist post: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/3140817873.html

If you're interested, either PM me here or email me at bmoore1981 at gmail. Let me know that you're a goon since the CL listing also directs there.

Are you running the FCR with the stock exhaust?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Are you running the FCR with the stock exhaust?

Yes. Works fine. I'm sure an aftermarket would get a bit more out of it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Yes. Works fine. I'm sure an aftermarket would get a bit more out of it.

Thats good to know because I'm thinking of doing the same

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Thats good to know because I'm thinking of doing the same
Thumpertalk has the appropriate jetting for it.

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..
I want to sell my 2006 F4i now that I've upgraded. It's in very good condition with just under 18k on the clock. Valves were checked at 17k and were found to be within spec. It got a set of new PR2's last November and they have about 800 miles on them now. It's been a great bike, but I have something a little newer and a little faster now. I'm looking to get around 4,000 ideally, but I'd be willing to cut a deal for a goon. I'm just northeast of the perimeter in Atlanta (near Duluth). PM for details.

I'll put some glamor shots up this weekend.

Edit: Here they are

xd fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 23, 2012

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.
I recently went from SVS to naked and so I have most of my '05 blue SV's front fairing and headlight setup taking up space in my garage. It's in pretty good shape, except that the right side has a bit of rash from a low-speed idiot drop and a broken turn signal on that side. I have the mirrors too (great shape) but they're not pictured. Anyone need any of this stuff?

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

himajinga posted:

I recently went from SVS to naked and so I have most of my '05 blue SV's front fairing and headlight setup taking up space in my garage. It's in pretty good shape, except that the right side has a bit of rash from a low-speed idiot drop and a broken turn signal on that side. I have the mirrors too (great shape) but they're not pictured. Anyone need any of this stuff?

How much?

Discomancer
Aug 31, 2001

I'm on a cupcake caper!
Anyone need a pair of 30" stainless steel brake lines with universal fittings? I should have gotten ones with banjo fittings but I didn't because I'm a dumbass and don't know what I'm doing. I know you can just get banjo adapters, but that's almost as much as a new line with banjos already installed, so oh well :doh:

One is new in box, the other is out of the box but unused (from before I realized how much of a fuckup I am). Here's a link to the part:
http://www.bikebandit.com/goodridge-universal-brake-line-clear-coat-w-chrome-ends

I'll do $40 shipped for both.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Discomancer posted:

Anyone need a pair of 30" stainless steel brake lines with universal fittings? I should have gotten ones with banjo fittings but I didn't because I'm a dumbass and don't know what I'm doing. I know you can just get banjo adapters, but that's almost as much as a new line with banjos already installed, so oh well :doh:

One is new in box, the other is out of the box but unused (from before I realized how much of a fuckup I am). Here's a link to the part:
http://www.bikebandit.com/goodridge-universal-brake-line-clear-coat-w-chrome-ends

I'll do $40 shipped for both.

Not to ruin a good deal for a goon but you can go to any kind of vacuum / hose line place and they'll swap out the ends for pretty cheap. I'm sure they can add in banjos for you for way less than 50+ bucks.

Discomancer
Aug 31, 2001

I'm on a cupcake caper!

JP Money posted:

Not to ruin a good deal for a goon but you can go to any kind of vacuum / hose line place and they'll swap out the ends for pretty cheap. I'm sure they can add in banjos for you for way less than 50+ bucks.
That is helpful advice, but everyone I've talked to locally (Boulder, CO) priced it nearly the same as just getting a new cable.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

invision posted:

How much?

$200 + shipping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir.Tucker
Sep 17, 2006

For the Workforce!
I bought some new gear at the beginning of this year, ended up selling my bike and have no use for the gear anymore. It's in almost-new condition.

Alpinestars T-RC-1 Air-Flo Jacket - Size Mens Large - 150$

Shift Fuel Street Boots - Size Mens 9 - 60$

Aplpinestars Stella SMX 2 - Size Mens Medium - 45$

210$ if you want all three pieces together.

PM me as I won't be checking the thread regularly.