Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

"But I feel fine now!" she said, looking at her third hand.

I'm hoping the final page will be similar to the Jones, "It appears I am wearing a party hat now," page and have Anthony very stoically realizing he has a black eye.

"Suddenly I am wearing a shiner."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Fangz posted:

After all, being like her mother founds a lot of the expectations the people she meets places on her, from Eglamore, to her father, to even Coyote. It's only Kat, who has never met her mother, that is free from that.

And Donny :colbert:

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Just read the whole entire comic! Wow this is a really super cool comic. The newest chapter is pretty neat. I really like that City Face grew up:3:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Dogbutt posted:

Just read the whole entire comic! Wow this is a really super cool comic. The newest chapter is pretty neat. I really like that City Face grew up:3:

City Face... is actually probably pretty grown up by this point, but he didn't appear in the chapter. Headpigeon was a manifestation of Kat's thoughts that Zimmy could see.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if this is the start of a make-up-less Annie.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oh good, the chapter's not over.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
What are those two objects supposed to be?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Dyllyn posted:

The lipstick and eye shadow that Annie typically wears. They look weird because they're weird colors.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

blastron posted:

The lipstick and eye shadow that Annie typically wears. They look weird because they're weird colors.

OH. I also just realized Annie is completely without makeup whenever she's in ethereal mode, or however you call it when she projects herself.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I enjoy this comic immensely, but I can't help but feel that sometimes it just does a major cop-out in an attempt to keep the mysteries going. Exactly the panel of Coyote rolling about laughing with the "it doesn't answer anything", except not as a parody but as a modus operandi.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Huh, so this page was referring to Kat, not Annie.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
I really liked the serious face Zimmy's got going on in this one, so I made a couple of avs for the Zimmy fans out there:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Saoshyant posted:

I enjoy this comic immensely, but I can't help but feel that sometimes it just does a major cop-out in an attempt to keep the mysteries going. Exactly the panel of Coyote rolling about laughing with the "it doesn't answer anything", except not as a parody but as a modus operandi.
Nah, it's pretty overtly the case. That particular Coyote panel is actually Tom mocking us. Laffin'.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a terrible makeup-less Annie.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I really liked the serious face Zimmy's got going on in this one, so I made a couple of avs for the Zimmy fans out there:

If no one beats me to it, and I can think of a title text to go with it, I might take the top one.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zerilan posted:

If no one beats me to it, and I can think of a title text to go with it, I might take the top one.

You can't always run from what scares ya.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

loquacius posted:

You can't always run from what scares ya.

And done. I think 4 and a half years is enough time to finally get around to having an avatar.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

Huh, so this page was referring to Kat, not Annie.

Dunno, could still be Annie. Given how she was all amused at Kat with the pidgeon on her head earlier. Tom may not have shown how Annie really appears. If Kat is the Machine God, what would Annie with her Fire Elemental essence and her participation in events that are going to lead to a big upset of the status quo mean for her appearance.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

.Z. posted:

Dunno, could still be Annie. Given how she was all amused at Kat with the pidgeon on her head earlier. Tom may not have shown how Annie really appears. If Kat is the Machine God, what would Annie with her Fire Elemental essence and her participation in events that are going to lead to a big upset of the status quo mean for her appearance.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I feel like Annie declining to put on her makeup could mark a significant character development, though if that's the case I'm not really sure what triggered it.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

kidcoelacanth posted:

I feel like Annie declining to put on her makeup could mark a significant character development, though if that's the case I'm not really sure what triggered it.

The shattering of the mask

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
She's been in a hospital bed for a while and her face feels all grody

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dyllyn posted:

Good, I'm not the only guy who had no idea what those were at first glance.

"Why is Annie not accepting Kat's cool monocle magnifier with laser attachment?" and then I figured out it was Annie's makeup.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

CannonFodder posted:

"Why is Annie not accepting Kat's cool monocle magnifier with laser attachment?" and then I figured out it was Annie's makeup.

For a second I thought it was an mp3 player.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I don't know.

"Why is Annie not accepting Kat's cool monocle magnifier with laser attachment?"

e; Just realised I made it 150x150 instead of 125x125 pixels

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 23, 2012

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

CannonFodder posted:

Hahahaha wow. Oh boys... :rolleyes:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

YF-23 posted:

"Why is Annie not accepting Kat's cool monocle magnifier with laser attachment?"

Tom, you need to make this happen. :v:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Edmond Dantes posted:

Tom, you need to make this happen. :v:
Only if he goes full Liefeld. One glowy eye, at least six bandoliers covered in pouches, hidden feet, non-Euclidian spine, the works.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Have you guys honestly never seen makeup before? Lipstick and a brushpad-thingy like that are pretty stereotypical components of "makeup things women use" in most media.

I will admit that Annie's use of makeup is pretty subtle these days; based on art, that is, so missing that she wasn't wearin it is plausible. I assume that football-head Annie used the same amount, it was just more obvious when her head was roughly the size of her torso.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

WeaponBoy posted:

Have you guys honestly never seen makeup before?

I assume most bewildered people are young fellows who haven't lived with a woman yet as they have these things lying about just nearly everywhere. The items themselves are drawn properly.

Overall, it's a great page. Annie will probably keep using makeup as always, but at least it's not her immediate thought after all that happened. If it was a defensive mechanism, it is no longer seen as one.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Reference: First 2 panels of this page

Still doesn't answer anything.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Aww. Zimmy and Gamma interactions are always so touching, in their own way.

Gamma's got kind of a creepy stare going on there at the bottom, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Awwww.

I hope Kat does realise.

Also, I see the red in the hair is still there.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Hey Tom, does Zimmy actually speak Polish, or is there an understanding beyond language going on between her and Gamma, there? If it's a mystery, wink twice and say nothing.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Aww :3: Zims and the Gamster: Best of Friends.

Dodgeball posted:

Hey Tom, does Zimmy actually speak Polish, or is there an understanding beyond language going on between her and Gamma, there? If it's a mystery, wink twice and say nothing.

Language barriers are nonexistent in the realm of the mind!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Gamma's got a case of the crazy-stares. :shepface:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

The Missing Link posted:

Language barriers are nonexistent in the realm of the mind!

Pretty much. I really doubt Zimmy knows a lick of Polish.

Also, Zimmy's really lending herself to some great av material this chapter:

Alternatively:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Dodgeball posted:

Nope, she doesn't speak it. Just a mental communication thing.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Lets see, list of questions raised:

1. Big Bone Tower leading to Anthony, what the gently caress? Is this a recent thing that caused Annie to collapse? Or has it always been there and only recently got bad. What is it meant to do? (the imagery suggests it suppresses Annie's "fire") And why is Anthony doing it? (he is a bad father)

2. The mask, less of a question, but very open to interpretation. Heavily implied to be that mask of stoicism Annie always hides behind, but also includes the secrets she keeps from others (eg: homework stealing). Probably tied to the make-up thing also acting as a kind of protection against Annie's own emotions.

3. Head Pigeons? Terrifying Mechanical Angel? Kat's got something going on. I'm lumping these two together because I feel like they're related somehow. Kat's got a lot of bird imagery going on, anyway.

4. Also we know next to nothing about Annie's adventures in the Woods. Apparently there was a green guy? (once you go green, you never... uh...) Annie apparently mentioned him, but she's kept secrets from Kat before.

I think it fits, though. We've spent a lot of time finding out about Jeanne's past, and about Annie's parents are/were like. Time to add some new elements to draw us forward. Most important being that Kat's got some greater power behind her as well.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

M.c.P posted:

(once you go green, you never... uh...)

"Cross over."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

M.c.P posted:

3. Head Pigeons? Terrifying Mechanical Angel? Kat's got something going on. I'm lumping these two together because I feel like they're related somehow. Kat's got a lot of bird imagery going on, anyway.

My money is still on a Kat - Thoth connection. Why wouldn't she want to hang out with the bird god of maths and science.