Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Is there a way to save your the contents of your cart on bricklink?
Like a drat fool, I've gone and added over 800 pieces from one store but now I can't close the window because I'm not ready to place the order yet.
Can I save the contents to a wanted list or something?

e: welp, I had to close it... but I'd still like to know if this is possible.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

While building something for Mobile Frame Zero I came up with another micro-scale spaceship.

edit:

Also the finished MOC that spawned that lil' thing.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 24, 2012

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Over the weekend I firmly cemented my position as an AFOL. I bought the Camper Van on Thursday because it was on sale. On Saturday I had to go to the mall and picked up the Lighthouse because it was also on sale and I rationalised that I would buy it eventually anyway so I should get it now when it's $20 cheaper than normal.

Then last night I was on eBay and ended up buying the Model Town House (4954) for a slightly less inflated price than it normally goes for. So now I've bought ~$400 worth of Lego in three days and am not allowed to buy any more until the Haunted House comes out at the end of the year.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It begiiiiins. :v: I've been eyeing the lighthouse and beach house for a nice beachy area for my space aliens to hang out in.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

cyberia posted:

On Saturday I had to go to the mall and picked up the Lighthouse because it was also on sale and I rationalised that I would buy it eventually anyway so I should get it now when it's $20 cheaper than normal.

That has led to soo many purchases in the last years for me...

Well that and purchases a second used model of something I wanted on ebay because it is alot easier to spend 50$ at once on ebay than spending alot of time figuring out what pieces are missing and the best combination of bricklink stores to get the missing unique pieces and end up spending 25$....

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

VERY well done on this!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Just got back from the Lynnwood, WA Lego store opening weekend. Pick the VIP Mini Modulars set, Avengers Quinjet, Avengers Helicarrier Breakout and Avengers Loki Jeep sets on Sat and Sun to get the exclusives. The mini Lego store is awesome, and the 3 pack of minifigures celebrating the event are cool too. Only thing I didn't get was the VIP minifig 5 pack. Pretty neat event, lots of people, lots of fun, and they had a Master Builder Event of an 8 ft Yoda. Seattle's 501st Star Wars cosplay group showed up in full costume, kids loved it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Luminaflare posted:

While building something for Mobile Frame Zero I came up with another micro-scale spaceship.

Y'need like 20 of these in two ten-ship elements, and a wall of Ion Frigates with some Destroyers and a Cruiser parked in the middle, and five or so Salvage vettes sneaking around the side

Oh and a mothership

(wait, poo poo, that's what I need. Sorry dude.)

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Apparently lego only made 10,000 of the minecraft sets

quote:

The Minecraft set has sold out in the USA and won't be returning. Brickset reader Dennis received this email from LEGO Direct Consumer Services:

"Dear Dennis,

"Thanks for your interest in our products.

"Set#21102 CUUSOO Minecraft is sold out. There were 10,000 sets created, Dennis, and all have been sold! There are not plans to produce any more of the set. Meanwhile, we have a team of experts in Denmark whose job it is to invent new LEGO® toys every year. They spend their time trying to create new and fun toys for children of all ages. You never know though, some of the old favorites sometimes make a comeback, so keep a look out!"
http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=3542

That's nuts, that is such a small run maybe lego didn't really believe it would sell and wanted to minimize it's losses? I bought a set to wrap for a friends birthday present when it was free shipping and I almost want to be selfish and keep it for myself now.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Merchant of Death posted:

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=3542

That's nuts, that is such a small run maybe lego didn't really believe it would sell and wanted to minimize it's losses? I bought a set to wrap for a friends birthday present when it was free shipping and I almost want to be selfish and keep it for myself now.

Quote from the comments in that article:

quote:

Hi everyone, don't panic. :-)

Actually, the message Dennis received is inaccurate. We knew the LEGO Minecraft Micro World would be popular, and though we are temporarily sold out at LEGO Direct, more than 10,000 have been made, and we are planning to meet demand on this item throughout the year.

Very sorry about the mix-up. Glad to see all of the interest!

Tim Courtney
LEGO® CUUSOO

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I checked Ebay and literally all of the sub-60 dollar buy it now auctions disappeared one by one every time I reloaded the page. Check out the "items sold" in this Toys R Us auction. :v:

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Well at least it is only temporarily sold out and my evil thoughts of keeping it for myself are now gone.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Merchant of Death posted:

Wouldn't that practically guarantee that not all of the people who voted for it on Cuusoo would be able to buy it?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Umbra Dubium posted:

Wouldn't that practically guarantee that not all of the people who voted for it on Cuusoo would be able to buy it?

They were probably just hedging their bets because not everyone who voted will buy. Kind of like Kickstarter where once an item reaches it's goal, a lot of the bigger donations start being retracted.

It wouldn't do Lego any good to do a 100,000 run of the Minecraft set, then only sell a third of them. Better to do a small run first and gauge actual interest.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

The Rage posted:

Seattle's 501st Star Wars cosplay group showed up in full costume, kids loved it.

I heard they were asked to leave because of slave Leia. My coworker from Bellevue was there on Saturday and was telling us about it today.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

youareoffthehook posted:

I heard they were asked to leave because of slave Leia. My coworker from Bellevue was there on Saturday and was telling us about it today.

And yet this exists

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

youareoffthehook posted:

Slave Leia can't be a member of the 501st! She's a rebel!

Sapphaholic
Mar 21, 2008

Delicious.

youareoffthehook posted:

I wonder what happens when the parents take their kids to a waterpark. Do they ask all the ladies in bikinis to leave?

Rhyno posted:

Slave Leia can't be a member of the 501st! She's a rebel!
Maybe they had taken her prisoner. :pervert:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sapphaholic posted:

I wonder what happens when the parents take their kids to a waterpark. Do they ask all the ladies in bikinis to leave?

No, just the ones that still think it's 1980 and have a crotch beard poking out at the seams.

I wish I was kidding. I worked at water park for a summer, and literally every day we got complaints about "that lady over there has pubes showing". Sometimes guys in speedos too.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No, just the ones that still think it's 1980 and have a crotch beard poking out at the seams.

I wish I was kidding. I worked at water park for a summer, and literally every day we got complaints about "that lady over there has pubes showing". Sometimes guys in speedos too.

Kick the complainers out for looking at women's crotches.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MaliciousOnion posted:

Kick the complainers out for looking at women's crotches.

They'd lose to much money. I think looking at crotches and boobs is 80% of the reason anyone over the age of 14 goes to waterparks.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

youareoffthehook posted:

It was bad, really bad. Her costume didn't fit and she was falling out of it in places, which is surprising because she was REALLY thin. Like, meth addict thin. She did not return on Sunday, but they had a fully clothed Leia instead who was hanging out with some Jedi.

Sapphaholic posted:

Maybe they had taken her prisoner. :pervert:

They actually did. Boba Fett had her on a leash.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus christ yeah I can see that. :gonk:

Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.
Chrome + Lego. For those times you have nothing better to do.
http://www.buildwithchrome.com/static/map

http://google-au.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/build-bringing-lego-bricks-to-chrome.html

Virar fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 26, 2012

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They were probably just hedging their bets because not everyone who voted will buy. Kind of like Kickstarter where once an item reaches it's goal, a lot of the bigger donations start being retracted.

It wouldn't do Lego any good to do a 100,000 run of the Minecraft set, then only sell a third of them. Better to do a small run first and gauge actual interest.

But surely any unsold sets could just be opened up and the bricks redistributed? I can't imagine Lego ever making a huge loss on their sets.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The_Doctor posted:

But surely any unsold sets could just be opened up and the bricks redistributed? I can't imagine Lego ever making a huge loss on their sets.

Yes and no. Sure, the bricks could be redistributed, but I doubt Lego has an automated system in place for taking already packaged product and then parting it out again. Not to mention the expense in creating those unsold boxes, plastic bags, instruction books, etc.

At this point Cuusoo is still and experiment, and I'm sure Lego doesn't want to dive into it completely until they see how well things sell.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

So I finished my bachelor's degree and got me a little something from ebay: 7326 Rise of the Sphinx!

A few pieces missing but I got it for ~$18 including shipping so I'm okay with that. Pretty fun build, except for the four identical legs. Not sure what I'll end up doing with all those tan and dark red pieces.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
They would just discount the sets if they didn't sell. I can't imagine Lego every has to take returns of unsold stock, we'll buy even the worst sets when the price is right.

And it's looking more and more likely that there'll be no new train stuff this year. I need my train fix.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Digital War posted:

They would just discount the sets if they didn't sell. I can't imagine Lego every has to take returns of unsold stock, we'll buy even the worst sets when the price is right.

And it's looking more and more likely that there'll be no new train stuff this year. I need my train fix.

Yeah, even the worst sets are still bricks for MOCs.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Digital War posted:

Yeah, it's shame, but I'm still pretty happy with the number of new train releases in recent years. Hopefully they'll keep it up.

Here's something to tide you over. I haven't been posting much lately because of real life and also Lego shows, but I did finish two new engines.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Yeah, it's shame, but I'm still pretty happy with the number of new train releases in recent years. Hopefully they'll keep it up.

Here's something to tide you over. I haven't been posting much lately because of real life and also Lego shows, but I did finish two new engines.

These are great! Have you considered doing an old west era Central Pacific locomotive?

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

kefkafloyd posted:

Surprised to find very few posts about the 10226 Sopwith Camel. This set gets even more looks and discussion than my 787 (10177), even though it is smaller.

I started building this tonight. I've never built a Lego set before in my life, but I had to have this. I've been flying the Camel a bunch in Rise of Flight lately, and when I saw this model I was like "gently caress yeah."

I'm having fun. :)

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.

Shuppiluliumas posted:

These are gorgeous trains. I wish I had the Lego collection to build stuff like that, I really need to get my old stuff shipped over from the UK.

Are those Big Ben wheels on that Streamliner? I've been considering getting some because I really want some mid-sized drivers for a saddle tank I'm working on.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Quoting this again to say "please never stop making your trains".

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Digital War posted:

These are gorgeous trains. I wish I had the Lego collection to build stuff like that, I really need to get my old stuff shipped over from the UK.

Are those Big Ben wheels on that Streamliner? I've been considering getting some because I really want some mid-sized drivers for a saddle tank I'm working on.

Both the streamlined Hudson and the GG1 use Big Ben wheels. The Hudson has his XL size drivers, with a vinyl application to get that disc driver look, and the GG1 has M wheels for its drivers. In both cases, I took a dremel to the wheels to make a groove for rubber band traction tires, which works pretty well. $3 a wheel is pretty steep, but they're excellent quality, and it really is the only way to get different sized wheels for your train projects.

Here's a couple links too, for those unfamiliar with the prototypes.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Quoting this again to say "please never stop making your trains".

I actually inventoried the GG1 for parts and cost, which I've never done for one of my MOCs before. It has 1573 parts which, at average BL prices, would cost about $300 plus shipping. I think if I want to continue I'd better not price a model out ever again.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I actually inventoried the GG1 for parts and cost, which I've never done for one of my MOCs before. It has 1573 parts which, at average BL prices, would cost about $300 plus shipping. I think if I want to continue I'd better not price a model out ever again.

Then I highly recommend you do not. It's just money, those things are works of art.

I don't know if you saw my earlier question, but have you ever considered doing a 4-4-0 (or 4-6- anything)? There's an example on the Big Ben website but I like your style so much more.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm sure this has already been posted but I just finished building my last Avengers set, the Helicarrier Breakout. Best part of the whole set is the sticker on top of the tank that Loki is in on the right hand side:

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Lizard Combatant posted:

Then I highly recommend you do not. It's just money, those things are works of art.

I don't know if you saw my earlier question, but have you ever considered doing a 4-4-0 (or 4-6- anything)? There's an example on the Big Ben website but I like your style so much more.

I mostly get drawn to mid-century prototypes, but I actually did think of doing a driving of the golden spike diorama. I kind of got beaten to it, though, about a year ago, so I put that pretty far on the back burner. 4-4-0s have been done often, and some of them really well. For example, Brian Williams' Wild Wild West train:

Doesn't mean I still don't kinda want to do an old west kind of thing, but there are some tough acts to follow out there.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I mostly get drawn to mid-century prototypes, but I actually did think of doing a driving of the golden spike diorama. I kind of got beaten to it, though, about a year ago, so I put that pretty far on the back burner. 4-4-0s have been done often, and some of them really well. For example, Brian Williams' Wild Wild West train:

Doesn't mean I still don't kinda want to do an old west kind of thing, but there are some tough acts to follow out there.

Fair enough.

Being the resident expert, can I trouble you for some advice? How would you go about creating the round front windows on one of these guys?

I was considering a transparent 2x2 tile, but I have no way to 'set' it in a frame. I suppose I can just use black 2x2 tiles to suggest the windows.

I really love narrow gauge engines and hopefully Lego start making sets with straight, narrow track. I know there's a City set coming out with some but prices are gonna be ridiculous on bricklink.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
They adjusted the UK price for that Haunted House up from £120 to £150. That sucks, but I guess it was inevitable. It seemed suprisingly cheap before. That probably takes it out of what I'm willing to pay for it now. Which is a shame because it would be the biggest set I'd ever owned by far.