Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cool

I was going to make a nuclear bomb joke here but it escaped me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yeah the artist is called "seedfeeder" and basically does all the nws sex illustrations for wikipedia

some prime av material there

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yeah the artist is called "seedfeeder" and basically does all the nws sex illustrations for wikipedia

Lol, there's an engagement ring in the fellatio one.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Description 1 An illustration of a woman getting a facial in a NPOV light

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherently_funny_word

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wikipedia posted:

• In the December 21, 1989 Dilbert comic strip, Dilbert uses his computer to determine the funniest words in the world, coming up with chainsaw, weasel, prune, and any reference to Gilligan's Island.

• In an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic ("The Last Roundup"), Pinkie Pie mentions kumquat and pickle barrel, and also Cherrychanga, a portmanteau of cherry and chimichanga.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
dear loving God murder all ponyophiles

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

got dat wmd posted:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

got dat wmd posted:

there is a really bad ponyphile confession thread in E/N right now and I'm the only one laughing at him

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Amethyst posted:

there is a really bad ponyphile confession thread in E/N right now and I'm the only one laughing at him

link

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491811

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higonokami

wiki posted:

A Higonokami (肥後守?) is a type of folding pocketknife native to Japan. The knife has no locking system, but is a friction folder, using the friction of the swivel and/or the pressure of the user's hand on a protruding tang to prevent the knife from folding during use.

here's an article about a folding knife, only it's from Japan. that's why it needs an article on its own under the Japanese name.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

thanks for posting this. i had read the beginning (before he dislosed) and gave up on the thread, so it was nice to see that it had turned into some quality e/n

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

got dat wmd posted:

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

here's an article about a folding knife, only it's from Japan. that's why it needs an article on its own under the Japanese name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Japanese_knives

category:shame

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukurou_knife
haha

quote:

For a truly authentic Fukuro blade, the artisans aka magumasans, must forge the knife at the site eruption and as close to the hot liquid magma flow as possible. For this reason, over 15 brave magumasans have been sacrificed in the knife-making process. They are often recognized along with their Kamikaze brethren as some of Japan's finest.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

axolotl farmer posted:

at least it has a japanese name and isn't a "poketu-nifu"

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Sweevo posted:

at least it has a japanese name and isn't a "poketu-nifu"

The PlayStation 3 (プレイステーション3 Pureisutēshon Surī, officially ab

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Total Fat Guy posted:

The PlayStation 3 (プレイステーション3 Pureisutēshon Surī, officially ab

afafafa, fafa, fafafaf. look at me im japanese *pulls eyes up at corners*

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

Hammerite posted:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fork bomb posted:

quality e/n

No you

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol "fine damascus grain"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

are we sure this wasn't taken directly from some anime because it really feels like it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Hammerite posted:

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Hammerite posted:

afafafa, fafa, fafafaf. look at me im japanese *goes back to gbs*

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there isn't a [citation needed] big enough

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
dragonflysixtyseven struck again, what did they page say?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

axolotl farmer posted:

what a lovely knife design, gently caress you japan, no wonder you lost the war

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that knife forging deal makes me think japanese and like, icelandic broskis would probably get along

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

damascus steel

is the handle wrapped in fine corinthian leather? has the blade been quenched in the waters of the fountain of youth?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

duTrieux. posted:

damascus steel

is the handle wrapped in fine corinthian leather? has the blade been quenched in the waters of the fountain of youth?

Quenched in the urine of a three-year-old goat fed only ferns for three days.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Ronald Raiden posted:

dragonflysixtyseven struck again, what did they page say?
The Fukuro Knife is one of the oldest, rarest types of Japanese knives. Generations of Japanese artisans have spent centuries perfecting the process that results in what is recognized as the finest damascus folds to be seen in any knife.

The signature Fukuro process dates back to the Taika neng of knifesmanship and is revered among Japanese chefs.

Process: Fukurou meaning of boiling lava and poison daggers, succinctly describes the materials and process of making this very rare blade. The fine demascus grain is achieved by introducing hot liquid magma, heated by a recently erupted volcano, into the traditional Japanese steel folding process. Since Fukuro steal relies on the essence of hot liquid magma, the process is not only rare, but extremely dangerous.

For a truly authentic Fukuro blade, the artisans aka magumasans, must forge the knife at the site eruption and as close to the hot liquid magma flow as possible. For this reason, over 15 brave magumasans have been sacrificed in the knife-making process. They are often recognized along with their Kamikaze brethren as some of Japan's finest.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

The Fukuro Knife is one of the oldest, rarest types of Japanese knives. Generations of Japanese artisans have spent centuries perfecting the process that results in what is recognized as the finest damascus folds to be seen in any knife.

The signature Fukuro process dates back to the Taika neng of knifesmanship and is revered among Japanese chefs.

Process: Fukurou meaning of boiling lava and poison daggers, succinctly describes the materials and process of making this very rare blade. The fine demascus grain is achieved by introducing hot liquid magma, heated by a recently erupted volcano, into the traditional Japanese steel folding process. Since Fukuro steal relies on the essence of hot liquid magma, the process is not only rare, but extremely dangerous.

ahahaha thanks

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

That's interesting that Japanese blades were ultra-durable because I'd always heard that Japanese steel (as in the material, not just blades) was fairly lovely.

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

:dong:Teh boners:dong:

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

That's interesting that Japanese blades were ultra-durable because I'd always heard that Japanese steel (as in the material, not just blades) was fairly lovely.

It was, that is why they folded the steel over on itself 10-20 times, to make it stretch further, which in turn makes it more durable. It didn't really allow for an industrial scale of producing arms though.

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

Red_Mage posted:

It was, that is why they folded the steel over on itself 10-20 times, to make it stretch further, which in turn makes it more durable. It didn't really allow for an industrial scale of producing arms though.

great, thanks for the insightful discussion of stupid nerd weaboo poo poo

that's why I love something awful
thanks all god bless

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
steel forging techniques that result in katanas are unironically cool

owning a katana because it so superior to mere western swords and makes you feel like a samurai is not

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it should be illegal to own a sword unless you've killed a higher-order animal with it

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
The way Japanese made swords was interesting since they did very well with limited metals in both quality and especially quantity, but they aren't even that impressive when compared to just 100 km away from them.

That's enough sword/Japan chat for me right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

duTrieux. posted:

it should be illegal to own a sword unless you've killed you are saelf with it