Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Constable Lemon posted:

"Hot lava, snow, rain and fog" is clearly referencing the Kid's planets. :tinfoil:

Holy poo poo, whether that's a coincidence or not, that's still eerie :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Color Printer posted:

Holy poo poo, whether that's a coincidence or not, that's still eerie :stare:

Now I'm watching this loving video which is from a band that is straight up terrible if they weren't all dressed like clowns I hate you guys.

edit: oh poo poo is the fat one Guy Fieri?

edit2: hahahahahha loving magnets how do they work ok I forgive you guys and don't hate you anymore.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

glug posted:

edit: oh poo poo is the fat one Guy Fieri?

No. Their names are Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J (I don't know which is which).

So now I imagine a lot of things in Homestuck make more sense to you. You probably should have seen this video already because Dave linked to it in a pesterlog with Gamzee.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I couldn't stomach it at all.

And now I'm watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KxTUZ33gdM

And holy gently caress. Seriously, Dave's blade didn't cut deep enough.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Maybe Hussie is dead.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Maybe Hussie is dead.

He retweeted that Rosario Dawson thing earlier. So he's probably fine assuming he hasn't discovered that you can tweet from beyond the grave.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Wow. I just realized that The Felt is named after the fabric of a pool table. I'm an idiot.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Lord of Laughton posted:

Wow. I just realized that The Felt is named after the fabric of a pool table. I'm an idiot.

"Scratch" is also a pool term. More subtly, so is "English". And all of the Felt characters' names are wordplay based on things associated with their numbers, on other languages' words for those numbers, or on the shapes of those numbers.

(Just pointing it out, in case anyone hadn't noticed.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
:stare:

I can see why Hussie waited to post all of this in one go.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Really like the background effect on the character select screen.

Also throws out the theory about Uu's teeth.

e: Also, this is a pretty effect job of making me see uu as a major villain.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jun 26, 2012

Jewel
May 2, 2009

That was a wonderful 40 pages, although.. wow. Two dead, two three KO'd?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

uu: HAA HAA HOO HEE HEE!

:gonk:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Dayum, I think that was better than a [S] update.

So uu really is the more blatant and hateful parts of the fandom personified, is really what we're getting here. How the girls are bitches because of making decisions that aren't based in cold, calculating logic, and praising Dirk as the only competent guy because he is capable of making these choices in the heat of the moment.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Haha, uu wearing green suspenders confirmed. What a dork.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spoilered for stupid dumb prediction!

SynthOrange posted:

The act ends with the red miles killing all B2 kids. :v:

Why, past me, WHY.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
Clearly this update is patently awful, if I read it any other way than left to right I would have been utterly confused. Poor form Hussie.

EDIT: Also, this act is forsaken if Roxy dies. They'll be nothing actually interesting to read if she is actually DEAD dead. We'll be left with thrilling and exciting Dirk and Jake to fill the void.

EDIT2: Spoilered, just in case.

firestruck fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jun 26, 2012

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

SynthOrange posted:

Spoilered for stupid dumb prediction!

Why, past me, WHY.

That guy is a jerk. The only bigger jerk is future you.

Edit: Lil Sebastian, noooooo!

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Why was Lil' Cal falling into the ocean one of the parts that affected me most? I was just like "NOOOO LIL CAL" Also Jane you better do that life-y thing DO IT :ohdear:

I should really get some sleep... it was so worth the wait, though.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I noticed Seb and Cal both fell away into the ocean the same way. I guess this would not quite confirm, but pretty strongly suggest Seb as another "juju", whatever exactly that status entails - though Seb's ultimate origin (emancipated movie prop) makes a lot more conventional sense than Cal's (hated into dream-existence by a clown in another universe who was already hanging out with Cal), which is a point to the contrary. Could just be a shared visual for stronger... scene... bonding... or something.

Incidentally:

quote:

uu: YOuR JuJu.
uu: REMEMBER I TOLD YOu TO BRING IT TO THE ROOF.
TT: Cal? Yeah, I remember.
uu: SHHHHHHHHHHH. DON'T SAY ITS "NAME" YOu IDIOT.
uu: NOW TAKE OuT THE JuJu.
This sounds different now that we know UU's name.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jun 26, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Roxy's not dead, she's the one causing the blackouts in uu's viewscreen.

I'd put money on Jane not being perma-dead either, she's already done the lifey-thing at least once before.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Make the new kids as dull and insufferable as possible so the audience feels guilty for sympathizing with uu's voyeuristic need to watch them die.

Okay, point to Hussie for that one

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Clearly this all mostly just speculation on uu's part.

Besides the parts that did happen, that is.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Well, poo poo, that could have gone better. :(

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Quotetype posted:

Also, this act is forsaken if Roxy dies. They'll be nothing actually interesting to read if she is actually DEAD dead. We'll be left with thrilling and exciting Dirk and Jake to fill the void.

I never understand why people react like this. She isn't permanently dead. Of course she isn't, none of them will be. She has her dream self, still. This is just a way to get all the kids down to only one life. Jane will be resurrected (by someone, somehow) Roxy will be, and somehow Dirk will die and come back, too. We even already knew they would all lose their dream selves. Gasp! Shock! Horror!

Oxxidation posted:

Make the new kids as dull and insufferable as possible so the audience feels guilty for sympathizing with uu's voyeuristic need to watch them die.

Okay, point to Hussie for that one

You're a monster

e: VVVV

Yes

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 26, 2012

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

No one. Can escape. The motherfucking. Miles.

Also holy poo poo is anyone else terrified and creeped out by uu even more now :gonk:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
So, uu has a Cal. Who apparently talks, and tells him stuff about game mechanics such as Roxy's void aspect. Also uu laughs just like Cal. And Davesprite went back in order to prevent John from dying, but also prevented Dave from prototyping Cal.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Color Printer posted:

No one. Can escape. The motherfucking. Miles.

Also holy poo poo is anyone else terrified and creeped out by uu even more now :gonk:

It's hard to be too creeped out at him knowing that many of us were in the same situation. How many of us were chomping at the bit to watch Eridan or, lord have mercy, Vriska bite the dust?

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
What the gently caress, Hussie?!
Stop killin everyone and poo poo!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Slime posted:

So, uu has a Cal. Who apparently talks, and tells him stuff about game mechanics such as Roxy's void aspect. Also uu laughs just like Cal. And Davesprite went back in order to prevent John from dying, but also prevented Dave from prototyping Cal.

I'm pretty sure he meant Calliope, which is who all these chat messages are directed at.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Starmaker posted:

I never understand why people react like this. She isn't permanently dead. Of course she isn't, none of them will be. She has her dream self, still. This is just a way to get all the kids down to only one life. Jane will be resurrected (by someone, somehow) Roxy will be, and somehow Dirk will die and come back, too. We even already knew they would all lose their dream selves. Gasp! Shock! Horror!

I'm not so sure about Jane's chances. I mean she's the Maid of Life, so that will probably come into play somehow, but here's nobody to corpse-kiss her until it's too late. Jake's back on Earth, and Dirk's dreamself is out cold.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Starmaker posted:

Yes, the dreamselves. It wasn't Roxy's dreamself that died, and we know her dreamself will die, so... :(

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL

Cleretic posted:

I'm not so sure about Jane's chances. I mean she's the Maid of Life, so that will probably come into play somehow, but here's nobody to corpse-kiss her until it's too late. Jake's back on Earth, and Dirk's dreamself is out cold.

Being concerned about Jane's chances of all of theirs seems particularly ridiculous considering she's basically newjohn. And like John, she's conceptually incapable of treading very far into the story before supposedly dying some new way and coming back somehow. Streamlined, in this case, in that rather than a variety of different game or plot mechanics factoring into why/how she survives, the ability to be alive is practically built into her class.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

YF-23 posted:

Yes, the dreamselves. It wasn't Roxy's dreamself that died, and we know her dreamself will die, so... :(

Well... we know the dreamself won't be there anymore. Maybe after a corpsesmooch they aren't really considered a dreamself anymore. They're just... the self. Those lights in Jane's world could always just mean that they have both their lives.

Oxxidation posted:

It's hard to be too creeped out at him knowing that many of us were in the same situation. How many of us were chomping at the bit to watch Eridan or, lord have mercy, Vriska bite the dust?

Eridan was a monster and Vriska a complete jerk. None of these kids have actually done anything wrong nor have much reason to be disliked. Honestly, they're really no worse of characters than the 4 original kids, we just haven't been with them as long.

I mean, what characters do you like? Your reading of this as Hussie trying to get us to feel guilty for sympathising with uu seems way off to me. I don't think very many people actually would?

edit: then again I never feel a huge sense of gratification for having a character killed off that I found mildly annoying in any story, so I probably wouldn't feel that way even with characters that I did dislike.

edit edit: do we really need spoiler tags anymore? I'd think once someone saw them they'd head over to the site pretty fast to check for updates. But if they're needed I'll go through and black things out like a CIA file

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 26, 2012

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Yep. Kids and fun, may or may not contain death in like, a hundred different forms.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Starmaker posted:

Well... we know the dreamself won't be there anymore. Maybe after a corpsesmooch they aren't really considered a dreamself anymore. They're just... the self. Those lights in Jane's world could always just mean that they have both their lives.

I'd like to think that too, but then the tablets predicted that Rozy's and Dirk's lights would go out, but not that Jane's would as well. And even if the lifey thing happens and her light is lit up again, they didn't predict a flicker either.

Might be misremembering though.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
So he sez to me, he sez "Man, Hussie's pacing has just gone straight to poo poo in this last act." And I look at him, and I sez "Naw. Lookit the amazing economy of murder he's just demonstrated. Two kills in twenty pages, that's good by anyone's metric."

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

What happens to regular non-dream Dirk at the end? He just collapses?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I'm not sure what to make of Jane's chances. We saw Feferi lose both her lives, and being a hero of life didn't seem to make any difference to either, but we've already seen Jane self-revive once. Is it the class that's making the difference? Is she like

made of life

or something

I'm also not convinced that the panels following Roxy's blackout are what's actually happening, or just what uu is imagining. It's hard to say.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
It seemed like he lost his connection to his dreamself, somehow, and/or just shared the knockout across both selves since both were active. Bit weird since that's not how it worked for Dave, but there are clearly some complicating factors here - it's still unclear exactly what's going on with that blackout, especially. The most obvious assumption would be that it has something to do with Roxy's void powers, but it's hard to guess what. (Alternatives include: Rose showing up early somehow, Gamzee tossing Equius into a sprite somehow even though it's not clear that one would be available.)

Also, obviously everyone's just completely dead until Jake, the sole survivor, uses his Page of Hope powers to wish upon a dream and imagine them back to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Roxy, noooooooooooo :(