Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mrfreeze posted:

A funny thing about that list, 4 of the people on it have since gotten themselves blacklisted from being on the show! Or at least I think they fired Dan the song parody man, he hadn't been mentioned or had any material played for a long rear end time when I finally stopped listening.

I know they stopped playing most song parodies that weren't about how beautiful and desirable Robin was, so it might be that there just wasn't anything for Dan to do. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets paid a lot better doing whatever he's up to now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

mrfreeze posted:

A funny thing about that list, 4 of the people on it have since gotten themselves blacklisted from being on the show! Or at least I think they fired Dan the song parody man, he hadn't been mentioned or had any material played for a long rear end time when I finally stopped listening.

Cabbie, Chauncey, who are the other two?

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Bob Levy, and Dan unless I was wrong about that. I could have sworn that when they started at Sirius, Howard hired him on to do his thing full time, then they told him he couldn't work at the actual building anymore because he was either too creepy or was being lazy, and then he borrowed 10k from Artie and just slowly stopped being heard from on the show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mrfreeze posted:

Bob Levy, and Dan unless I was wrong about that. I could have sworn that when they started at Sirius, Howard hired him on to do his thing full time, then they told him he couldn't work at the actual building anymore because he was either too creepy or was being lazy, and then he borrowed 10k from Artie and just slowly stopped being heard from on the show.

I thought he was living in Las Vegas and working for "Beecher's Madhouse", or whatever it was called, wrangling midgets for a comedy show. And he'd send in songs to the Stern show. But I could certainly be wildly wrong.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I am pretty sure Dan was never "banned" from the show, but he has certainly taken a back seat to the likes of Little Mikey.

It does surprise me that we havent seen some of the former Stern show regulars try to establish themselves with Nick and Artie.
Maybe Artie just wants none of it?

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 23, 2012

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Dan lost his poo poo on Steve Langford and threatened him on the air after Steve did a news report about him. Dan sounded psychotic. I don't think he's been in the studio since, for good reason, but he still sends in song parodies once in a blue moon.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

prefect posted:

I used to have a full breakdown of the voting, but yeah, Richard was first, Sal was second, and Shuli was last.

Here we go (reconstructed from http://www.marksfriggin.com/news04/6-28.htm):

1. Richard Christy 30%
  2. Sal the Stockbroker 24%
  3. Yucko the Clown 14.95%
  4. Dan the Song Parody Man 7.27%
  5. The Reverend Bob Levy 6.51%
  6. John the Stutterer 5.15%
  7. Crazy Cabbie 3.7%
  8. Chaunce Hayden 3.1%
  9. Joey Boots 2.8%
  10. Shuli 1.52%

Note: John the Stutterer officially dropped out weeks before the voting, but he still got votes.

I have no idea who got the remaining one percent.

I always thought Shuli actually had a great week, though I voted for Yucko just to see what the show would have been like with him in there every day.
Though I think we can all agree that the right guy won.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I am pretty sure Dan was never "banned" from the show, but he has certainly taken a back seat to the likes of Little Mikey.

It does surprise me that we havent seen some of the former Stern show regulars try to establish themselves with Nick and Artie.
Maybe Artie just wants none of it?

Little Mikey contributed a song to N&A, I actually forget what it was. (Falato related maybe?) Artie was hesitant to play it on the air since he didn't want to step on Howard's toes, but he ended up playing it. Hanzi calls in all the time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

I always thought Shuli actually had a great week, though I voted for Yucko just to see what the show would have been like with him in there every day.
Though I think we can all agree that the right guy won.

I was not impressed by Shuli's week, but I think he had a week where one day was a holiday, and at least one of the guests he'd planned on cancelled at the last minute.

I voted Richard, but I would have been happy with either Yucko or Dan -- they were both funny and had great chemistry with Artie, which helped a lot. And John the Stutterer would have been the funniest thing either, except that he'd probably be dead of a heart attack in under a month.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Dan and Bob had good staff revelations because they were both about Artie.

Bob got Artie to tell the pig story for the first time, and Dan told the story about Artie paying a cabbie to drive him from Albany to Jersey and talked the driver into picking up a pizza that they split on the drive.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPFKvceoF0&t=3m30s

Release that big, fat, hook-nosed kike!

kylej fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 24, 2012

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yukko is like Gilbert Gottfried if he had no talent or material. I like him in short bursts, but he isn't a good comedian and a decent whack pack watch them go down in flames character.

I can't stand Crazy Cabbie.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Artie used to just torture Yucko when he came on post-divorce and all Yucko could do was call him fat and/or an addict.

e: just stumbled onto a video where High Pitch Mike said he'd ride the Sybian if Obama became president :gonk:

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 24, 2012

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Yukko is like Gilbert Gottfried if he had no talent or material. I like him in short bursts, but he isn't a good comedian and a decent whack pack watch them go down in flames character.

I can't stand Crazy Cabbie.

That would have been the beauty of picking Yukko. I just imagine Howard sending him out to red carpets to ask celebrities horribly racist questions.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

That would have been the beauty of picking Yukko. I just imagine Howard sending him out to red carpets to ask celebrities horribly racist questions.

His "man on the street" interviews were great -- he had good quick responses, and for some reason, the people he talked to didn't kill him. Probably the clown makeup.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
If you punch him you probably get aids.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

If you punch him you probably get aids.

That reminds me Patton Oswalt's bit about how, if you lose a fight to a midget, you become a midget. :D

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I cant remember the exact show but Artie couldnt stop laughing at Yukko after he told him his costume was good luck.
It was one of those moments where Artie is having trouble breathing he is laughing so hard.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I like how in the Rolling Stone article Howard claimed that he's the happiest he has ever been in his life.

Cut to this morning where he spent the first hour freaking out that his microphone stand was going to poke out his eyes, followed by almost having a nervous breakdown because his pants were a little too tight.

All that therapy sure seems to be working.

Also, I wonder if Howard will ever realize the connection between him stopping eating meat and not being able to gain any lean muscle from his chronic workouts and crash dieting.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

picosecond posted:

Hey, guys - guess who's sitting next to Maryann from Brooklyn at her movie premiere?

It's kinda funny, I just found out that one of my co-workers actually stayed at Maryann's apartment in Brooklyn. Apparently it's one of his best friend's aunts. She really is crazy, too.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vakal posted:

Also, I wonder if Howard will ever realize the connection between him stopping eating meat and not being able to gain any lean muscle from his chronic workouts and crash dieting.

Howard thinks the only exercise needed is long-distance running. He won't lift weights.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

prefect posted:

Howard thinks the only exercise needed is long-distance running. He won't lift weights.

He can do pullups though.

Because he's a man you see.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Did George Takei sit in for the whole day or was it just a segment?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

-Atom- posted:

Did George Takei sit in for the whole day or was it just a segment?

Just a segment. A lady was interviewing Howard about George for a documentary on George and his internment.

Howard spent about 30 minutes bitching about having to do this, of course.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

prefect posted:

Didn't Howard use to lift weights? I thought he's mentioned a few times "Pat had me lifting weights." Probably just does it irregularly whenever Pat makes him.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

an adult beverage posted:

Didn't Howard use to lift weights? I thought he's mentioned a few times "Pat had me lifting weights." Probably just does it irregularly whenever Pat makes him.

I think he used to do it after his divorce and he was in his mid life crises strip club binge.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He was totally, realistically and truthfully buffed up in the private parts poster

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Haha, I've never even really looked at that poster before and that's just amazing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He's beautiful :allears:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It's all those 90 pound bench presses.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I hate it when people shrink my pants, too, drat it. And it seems to happen to me every year around the holidays, especially. Weird.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

He was totally, realistically and truthfully buffed up in the private parts poster

I always thought that the Fabio-esque poster was part of the joke.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an adult beverage posted:

He used very light weights. Whenever somebody would suggest that he lift heavier weights or do anything with intensity, his "eyeball would blow out".

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Manifest posted:

I always thought that the Fabio-esque poster was part of the joke.

Must have been a running gag from the book cover:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Howard claimed up and down that those pictures of him on the book cover and movie poster were completely untouched. :rolleye:

Is it a New York thing to say "shave down" instead of "shave" or "trim"? As in, "that's me on the movie poster; Ralph had to shave down my chest". Or "I shave down my pubic hair".

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's a gay thing I thought.

You shave down, and then grease up

Jarthus
Feb 25, 2008
I have to admit the Debbie the pet lady game today was hilarious. What a loving nightmare in that studio.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Jarthus posted:

I have to admit the Debbie the pet lady game today was hilarious. What a loving nightmare in that studio.

I turned it off when she came in and was gagging/retching.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Gosh, Howard, maybe Sharon and Nick don't Tweet or talk about AGT constantly because they don't want to annoy their fans. Crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Holy dueling Baba Booeys. First thing I heard when I turned the show on this morning. Better than coffee.