Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I like that Howard doesn't get that AGT is what NBC shows when there's no infomercials to show.

Who gives a gently caress when it's on? It's a dopey talent show time-filler. There's no plot, it doesn't matter if you miss 4 of the 16 hours a week it's on.

An hour of AGT scheduling chat. Perfect start to the show, it really doesn't get any better than this :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Catching the West Coast feed, Hanzi is just snoring on the phone while Robin is doing the news.

His paranoid freakouts were great.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ether Frenzy posted:

Who gives a gently caress when it's on? It's a dopey talent show time-filler. There's no plot, it doesn't matter if you miss 4 of the 16 hours a week it's on.

But we need to build the fan base of mouth breathers with nothing better to do than watch the safe version of the gong show!

Howard is just experiencing the joys of pandering to the mainstream. It feels great for awhile, like posting on 4chan, where anything with the smallest effort gets you claps and hoots from the eager and easy to please crowd of millions. But soon enough he will realize what he is doing and grow to hate it and himself, missing the thrill of having Bobo tell you what an awesome job you did on the radio show where you really talk about what matters.

I Drink Stove Oil
Apr 4, 2009

SWOLE PATROL
I finally gave up and cancelled my online subscription. It's not worth it anymore with the lack of shows and Artie and possible Robin's exit from the show. I can't remember the last time I listened to the show.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I gave up on the show back in Oct. It was obvious to me that Artie absence really hurt the show. I only miss the wack pack, Fred, and Sal/Richard, but the filler in between them is beyond harrible.

The Nick and Artie show has more than filled the gap for me, as I'm a huge sports fan as well. Also getting the show 5 days a week is nice.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

AxeManiac posted:

But we need to build the fan base of mouth breathers with nothing better to do than watch the safe version of the gong show!

Howard is just experiencing the joys of pandering to the mainstream. It feels great for awhile, like posting on 4chan, where anything with the smallest effort gets you claps and hoots from the eager and easy to please crowd of millions. But soon enough he will realize what he is doing and grow to hate it and himself, missing the thrill of having Bobo tell you what an awesome job you did on the radio show where you really talk about what matters.

I think his mindset at this point is so stuck on "gently caress it, I made people laugh every day for 25 years, they can go somewhere else if they don't like the show now", that it makes a realization such as the one you describe impossible.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 26, 2012

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I don't think Howard could have been any happier chatting it up with the ladies on the view and being liked by them. Being liked by people is HUGE on his list now, and part of the reason why he isn't the old Howard.

Can't make fun of this person, I go to Nobu with them for salads! Wendy Williams? Naw, she is a sweatheart, smart person, very together and not worth goofing on, also Beth will be on her show talking about shoes for cats.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

AxeManiac posted:

I don't think Howard could have been any happier chatting it up with the ladies on the view and being liked by them. Being liked by people is HUGE on his list now, and part of the reason why he isn't the old Howard.

Can't make fun of this person, I go to Nobu with them for salads! Wendy Williams? Naw, she is a sweatheart, smart person, very together and not worth goofing on, also Beth will be on her show talking about shoes for cats.

The best is his reasons for making up with Kathie Lee. "To be honest I can't even remember what issues I had with her."

Really? Cause there's probably hundreds of hours of tape where you enumerated all of them.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I could have sworn this was this book that...nahhhhhh

So, when's Arsinio going to be on?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

AxeManiac posted:

also Beth will be on her show talking about shoes for cats.

I laughed so hard at this.
Following Beth's twitter feed just makes me think she's a loving loon.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Manifest posted:

I laughed so hard at this.
Following Beth's twitter feed just makes me think she's a loving loon.

I just took a look and the first thing my eyes wander to is "hooray summer vacation just started!".

Your entire life is a loving vacation, Beth.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Hey man, snorting coke and producing reality television is hard work. and OH MY GOD Howard keeps asking her to pose!

I'd pay good money to see Beth guest star on Dirty Jobs. I'd pay three times that to see Howard's reaction while he watches her cleaning out a cistern in central Arkansas.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Hey man, snorting coke and producing reality television is hard work. and OH MY GOD Howard keeps asking her to pose!

I'd pay good money to see Beth guest star on Dirty Jobs. I'd pay three times that to see Howard's reaction while he watches her cleaning out a cistern in central Arkansas.

I'd pay good money to see what Beth REALLY does during her days.
Also the dark and hosed up part of me hopes she's loving that dude from mom caves, because Howard is a million times better when he's full of rage.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

Think of how many TV shows and "charity appearances" she'd be doing if she wanted to be famous. We sure dodged a bullet there.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

Your entire life is a loving vacation, Beth.

Cept for the trips to the bedroom

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

AxeManiac posted:

Cept for the trips to the bedroom

And the nights when she stays in and has to go to bed at 8 PM.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Kelly posted:

...plus the mornings she has to get up at 9:30 to hand Bianca off to her official dog walker.

Bethin' ain't EZ

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kelly posted:

And when she actually has to go on a vacation with Howard Hughes Jr freaking out the whole time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

And when she actually has to go on a local, no-passport-required vacation with Howard Hughes Jr freaking out the whole time.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Jarthus posted:

I have to admit the Debbie the pet lady game today was hilarious. What a loving nightmare in that studio.

I heard that this evening and it was really drat funny. She would go on a loud rant and it would just cut off into retching and belching. "I'm sowwy Howard, I'm sowwy..."

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

prefect posted:

Howard thinks the only exercise needed is long-distance running. He won't lift weights.

I like when he complains that his stomach isn't in shape and says "I don't get it, I run all the time."

Try some situps, dummy.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Former Human posted:

I like when he complains that his stomach isn't in shape and says "I don't get it, I run all the time."

Try some situps, dummy.

Sit ups do not do anything in regard to getting a flat stomach.

Unless you consider the amount of calories burned during sit ups to be an aerobic activity.

A flat stomach begins and ends in the kitchen. You can crunch all day long but it's not gonna do a drat thing.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Lots of in-fighting on today's show and no annoying callers due to a hosed up phone system.

I really enjoyed it.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Vakal posted:

Lots of in-fighting on today's show and no annoying callers due to a hosed up phone system.

I really enjoyed it.

And the interview with the guy who wrote the book about Mel Gibson was good.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Vakal posted:

I really enjoyed it.

So are those paid callers being paid a flat salary or is it only per call that gets on the air? A few people lost some income today.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

So are those paid callers being paid a flat salary or is it only per call that gets on the air? A few people lost some income today.

Not sure, but Hanzie getting the $1000 snatched away from him made my week.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I don't think they are paying callers. Ask anyone in radio and they'll tell you about the oddballs and rejects that just want to be on the air and will say anything to do it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I can only imagine the sheer number of insane people who didn't make it on the air when Stern was dominating radio back in the 90s.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

I don't think they are paying callers. Ask anyone in radio and they'll tell you about the oddballs and rejects that just want to be on the air and will say anything to do it.

It's like an easier way to post youtube comments. Think about that and radio callers start to make sense. He lost a great deal of the best callers because they can't afford/figure out Sirius.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

It's like an easier way to post youtube comments. Think about that and radio callers start to make sense. He lost a great deal of the best callers because they can't afford/figure out Sirius.

Or they view Sirius & its satellites as a nefarious plot to steal their brainwaves with secret microwave transmissions!!!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

The whack pack used to be an ever changing group of misfits, but now that every insane person with a radio can't just turn him on and call in we're stuck with loving Bobo.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Manifest posted:

The whack pack used to be an ever changing group of misfits, but now that every insane person with a radio can't just turn him on and call in we're stuck with loving Bobo.
Yeah, it's like if you have a checking account with a debit card, can you really be in the wack pack?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I have to believe HateMan could get Sirius. Has he ever called in since the move? I know they played some of his uncensored calls from the terrestrial years, but I'm not sure if he's left a new message since they moved.

Edit: I just saw this: http://www.gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/technology/gadgetbox/sirius-xm-radio-howard-stern-coming-google-tv-848526

It sounds like you can listen to the show on your TV now, which you can already do if you have an AppleTV.

musclecoder fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 27, 2012

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Yeah, it's like if you have a checking account with a debit card, can you really be in the wack pack?

Maybe Mary Ann from Brooklyn, but she's a special case.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Moniker posted:

Sit ups do not do anything in regard to getting a flat stomach.

It tones out your stomach and gives it muscle definition. Howard is worried about how his stomach looks so he should do targeted exercises and not just running.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Former Human posted:

It tones out your stomach and gives it muscle definition. Howard is worried about how his stomach looks so he should do targeted exercises and not just running.

No it doesn't. That's like saying doing bicep curls thins out your arms.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Maybe you don't even know what toning means? It won't "thin it out" but it will tighten it and change the shape and appearance. Spend five seconds on any fitness site or Watch and Weight and see if they recommend jogging to improve your stomach. Come on, man.

You and Howard should hit the gym together.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Former Human posted:

Maybe you don't even know what toning means? It won't "thin it out" but it will tighten it and change the shape and appearance. Spend five seconds on any fitness site or Watch and Weight and see if they recommend jogging to improve your stomach. Come on, man.

I think the issue everyone is having is that anyone who has spent time in a gym or W&W (YLL now) knows that toning a bullshit term.

Howard has a flabby stomach because he runs and doesn't do difficult compound exercises like squats and deadlifts (which are some of the best exercises for your core).

Ok, end W&W talk.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
CHANNEL 88?! BAGGAGE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Former Human posted:

How else will you lose fat if not with diet and exercise?