Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Color Printer posted:

He uploaded a fixed version later, refresh your cache maybe?

I just checked that page for the first time on this (work) computer, and I see the volume button as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Color Printer posted:

He uploaded a fixed version later, refresh your cache maybe?

Cleared cache, it's still there.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

YF-23 posted:

Cleared cache, it's still there.

Did you clear your Flash cache?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I've never been to that page today on this computer. So for me, it could not be in my cache. I did view it at home this morning, but can't remember if I saw those buttons there, but they do show up now at my work computer.

EDIT: Now that I'm home, the volume menu was on this computer as well.

IUG fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 28, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rooreelooo posted:

Basically, I think that uu and UU are the ectobiological children of lord english and some other cherub

To fill out the quota of pool puns, she would have to be incredibly busty, and referred to only as "The Rack".

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Tumblr brings up a good point: Aradia died pre-entry and her dreamself didn't die, it just stayed perma-asleep until she ascended.

So the same should happen to Roxy, right?

Problem is, she's going to be perma-asleep floating out in the void.

I'm guessing someone is going to HUP her dreamself through that unpowered window, then Dirk is going to plug it in before any of the B1-kids and trolls can shortcut to B2-Earth.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Tumblr brings up a good point: Aradia died pre-entry and her dreamself didn't die, it just stayed perma-asleep until she ascended.

So the same should happen to Roxy, right?

Problem is, she's going to be perma-asleep floating out in the void.

I'm guessing someone is going to HUP her dreamself through that unpowered window, then Dirk is going to plug it in before any of the B1-kids and trolls can shortcut to B2-Earth.

Now that you mention it, the same happened to Sollux when he died from the vast glub while entering. Feferi eventually made her way over to his world to smooch him and his dreamself popped up unharmed. So yeah, Roxy's dreamself should be okay.

e: Also slightly after that this page says Sollux was awake on Prospit and dreaming and the following one implies his Prospit dreamself remained alive too. Not sure what to make of that.

FrictionlessEmu fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 28, 2012

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

You know it's gonna be a good update whError 503 Service Unavailable

EDIT: Suddenly, Dirk.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 28, 2012

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
OH GOD GUYS WE BROKE THE WEBSITE :ohdear:

e. Bodies, how do they work?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Once again I understand absolutely nothing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Now that's the kind of plot development I like. This is going to go places. Rapidly, one hopes.

_Endgame_ posted:

e. Bodies, how do they work?

Don't turn your back on them?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
No, it's fine. Everything's fine.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!
Does this mean his fractal selves are gonna start dropping like flies?

Edit: Also

quote:

DIRK: Does this mean you can see me now?
TEREZI: NO

Terezi. :allears:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Dirk and Dave meet at last :allears:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Nate RFB posted:

poo poo just got real.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Nate RFB posted:

Oh, wait, holy poo poo, you're right. The meeting of a lifetime is happening much faster than we thought. :allears:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Why did I wake up at EXACTLY the time there is an update? :tinfoil:

Also I love how Meenah is still in awe about her ancestor!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Now where did nubs mcshouty Karkat go running off to?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh god I can't wait to see how Dave reacts to this :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Oh god I can't wait to see how Dave reacts to this :allears:

I can't wait to see how Dirk reacts to this. He's meeting the alternate-universe version of his heroic older bro, too, y'know.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I understand jack poo poo. Was the mind-illusion-thing Jake conjured up just a weird fractal version of Dream Dirk the whole time?

Also I will be so, so sad if we cut before we see Dave meeting Dirk.

Money says Dave freaks out and tries to run away.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Why did I wake up at EXACTLY the time there is an update? :tinfoil:

Also I love how Meenah is still in awe about her ancestor!

I think you mean in awe about herself.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Reene posted:

I understand jack poo poo. Was the mind-illusion-thing Jake conjured up just a weird fractal version of Dream Dirk the whole time?

Also I will be so, so sad if we cut before we see Dave meeting Dirk.

Money says Dave freaks out and tries to run away.
Page Powers, maybe?

Maybe there will be some bit on reality vs perception and that we live in each other's brains or some junk. Even if MSPA updates again tonight, for me this is one of the biggest cliffhangers.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So Roxy's dream self is just going to stay asleep and not start dying, now that her real self is dead? That's some small relief. And small relief for Dave that you can't revive someone by kissing their dream self, or else Rose's oedipal barbs would be endless.

Also, with the way Dream Dirk suddenly fused with Mind Dirk, could it be that just as Dirk was able to be awake as both his real and dream selves at once, he was also awake in the dream bubbles as Mind Dirk? It might be sort of an interesting resolution to Dirk's personality fracturing for them to start merging.

I also don't think we're lucky enough to get a big Dave and Dirk chat here and now, even though they might talk a bit. It certainly won't be the big Dave and Dirk chat that people want, the one where they talk about their respective older brothers and demonstrate a whole bunch of character growth stuff.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So, an idea:

DAVE: so i like travel through time and stuff and am coming to your session
DIRK: Cool, could you like help out my friend who just got hosed up on Derse?
Dave: yeah ok

Golden opportunity here Striders, don't pass it up.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Wow. So this is the first time we've ever seen a dream self have a dream self.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
If Karkat and Dave smell all candy red to Terezi, what does Dirk smell like? Orange soda? Hair gel and awesomeness?

Dolash posted:

Also, with the way Dream Dirk suddenly fused with Mind Dirk, could it be that just as Dirk was able to be awake as both his real and dream selves at once, he was also awake in the dream bubbles as Mind Dirk? It might be sort of an interesting resolution to Dirk's personality fracturing for them to start merging.

I think that's what we're going to see happening. I interpreted uu's "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE" thing from the previous update as a reference both to Cal/the jujus as well as Dirk and his fractured selves.

There can only ever be one.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Rooreelooo posted:

Wow. So this is the first time we've ever seen a dream self have a dream self.

Prepare for the Inception jokes and/or shenanigans.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Nate RFB posted:

I have been waiting for this ever since the post-scratch kids became a thing. I'm hoping DreamRoxy there also wakes up. It would be too perfect.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
A dave/dirk convo would probably consist of "hey." followed by a "sup"

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

bigmcgaffney posted:

A dave/dirk convo would probably consist of "hey." followed by a "sup"

I see nothing wrong with that.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Strongylocentrotus posted:

If Karkat and Dave smell all candy red to Terezi, what does Dirk smell like? Orange soda? Hair gel and awesomeness?

Orange Creamsicles, as seen with Davesprite, remember?

Although actually Orange Soda is more likely!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Oh, wait, holy poo poo, you're right. The meeting of a lifetime is happening much faster than we thought. :allears:
Well duh, both of them are flashsteppers.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Interesting.

This just confirms what we suspected: All Dirks are part of the Ur-Dirk. Does this include AR? He's a split branch, so it's hard to say.

It's clear he knows what happened before this, since he continued the conversation with Terezi. Did Dirk suddenly come into all the knowledge that Brain-Dirk had and he just assimilated it instantly? Or was Jake's imagination of Dirk so great that all information was conferred to Dirk as it happened, and he just remained chill about it? More information needed.

bigmcgaffney posted:

A dave/dirk convo would probably consist of "hey." followed by a "sup", followed by a bro-hug

Fixed that.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Actually I like the idea of Dirk being awake in the dream bubbles simultaneously, just as he's awake as his dream and real selves, because it opens up the absolutely confusing timeline possibility of Dirk being awake and actively doing stuff in his session where the meteor crew have arrived while also being awake two years in the relative past while the meteor crew were still on their way. Or whatever fluid opportunities the dream bubbles offer, where meeting yourself from the past or present or an alternate timeline is considered mundane.

It would also give us two years of Dirk having a presence on the meteor which is exactly the sort of stabilizing element that place surely needs.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

The stage is set, the players at the fore.

There is only way this can end, a sublime culmination of all things before it.

It Don't Stop Strider X2 Combo. :pray:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dolash posted:

Actually I like the idea of Dirk being awake in the dream bubbles simultaneously, just as he's awake as his dream and real selves, because it opens up the absolutely confusing timeline possibility of Dirk being awake and actively doing stuff in his session where the meteor crew have arrived while also being awake two years in the relative past while the meteor crew were still on their way. Or whatever fluid opportunities the dream bubbles offer, where meeting yourself from the past or present or an alternate timeline is considered mundane.

It would also give us two years of Dirk having a presence on the meteor which is exactly the sort of stabilizing element that place surely needs.

What if... What if Dirk was all the selves we've seen so far... while also simultaneously being Bro in the B1 universe?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So Jake's mental projection of Dirk, which was already so much like the real Dirk that it legitimately knew things Jake didn't, now *actually is* Dirk. Neat.

Now that Dave and Dirk are finally meeting up, they're going to cook up a way to produce some arbitrarily large number of duplicates of themselves to all be bros together, aren't they?

Also, never stop being you, Terezi. :allears:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fucknag posted:

What if... What if Dirk was all the selves we've seen so far... while also simultaneously being Bro in the B1 universe?

I considered that, but if he had all of Bro's knowledge from B1, he'd know, for example, that Lil' Cal was his and not Bro-Dave's, as he seems to believe.

It's possible, though, that B1-Bro had all of B2-Dirk's knowledge, somehow, and that's how he got so awesome.

edit: I wonder if the Sufferer was a Heart player and that explains how he remembered poo poo post-scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Well Dirk's entire thing is exploring the concept of "self" so this makes sense.