Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Silva posted:

So how does Dirk expect himself to fix everything? He can't corpsesmootch neither Roxy nor Jane, so the chain won't ever be completed. They're screwed no matter which way you put it.

Wake his dreamself up, corpsesmooch Jane while his real self wakes up, jumps through Roxy's pane that GCat dumped in his room, goes to Roxy's, corpsesmooches her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I don't think he's going to be able to just walk/float/dematerialize away. There's too many strong personalities around him.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't think he knows that Roxy died? He just saw Jane get waxed before he passed out.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
This is superinformed Mind Dirk, remember, not just normal Dirk. Mind Dirk knows poo poo there's no way he should know, and is places that don't make sense, and just graduated from a figment of someone's imagination to a real boy. I don't think we can say with any certainty what he does or does not know.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I want to know how he plans on leaving the dream-bubble and getting back to Derse or wherever it is. How the gently caress is he going to accomplish that? :psyduck:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I guess by waking up.

There's a god-tier Seer of Light right there, though. Maybe she can help if waking up is a non-starter.

Somebody's gonna tell him to wait. The only question is who.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I don't know why everyone is convinced that Roxy died. Why are you listening to an unreliable narrator? The fact that Roxy can't get into the game if her real self dies at this point is pretty strong evidence that she's not dead!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

I don't know why everyone is convinced that Roxy died. Why are you listening to an unreliable narrator? The fact that Roxy can't get into the game if her real self dies at this point is pretty strong evidence that she's not dead!

quote:

DIRK: All of my friends are either dead, or lying on the ground unconscious, including me.

If not dead, she's at least in pretty deep poo poo!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kit Walker posted:

The lights going out. Jake was dead (unlit), Jane and Roxy's both went out.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

KoB posted:

The lights going out. Jake was dead (unlit), Jane and Roxy's both went out.

Those applied to dreamselves though, right?
Besides, Dirk and Roxy are out cause they're so far off in the furthest ring or what not.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 29, 2012

KoB
May 1, 2009

Sprite141 posted:

Those applied to dreamselves though, right?
Besides, Dirk and Rocha are out cause they're so far off in the furthest ring or what not.

Dirk's isnt out, just dim.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Plom Bar posted:

The next update can only be one of these things:

-uu's official introduction
-Checking in on Jack's progress re: escaping the Prospitian prison
-Calliope derping around some more
-Checking in on John and Jade

And the one thing it definitely will NOT be is the return to Land Of Rambling And Exposition via Jake, dreamRoxy, or injakesheadDirk because Hussie not-so-secretly hates us all.

Bahahaha.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Color Printer posted:

I want to know how he plans on leaving the dream-bubble and getting back to Derse or wherever it is. How the gently caress is he going to accomplish that? :psyduck:

Same way Aranea woke Jake up, by smacking him really hard. Or by using her mind control powers.

Come on guys, there are precedents here. :v:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

sansuki posted:

Thanks. I will be thrilled if that turns out to be the name, if there even is such a character.

Just one last thing: That's probably why Calliope likes Uranus, because it has "topspin" rather than sidespin. Totally :spergin: but that's just too awesome an observation.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Sorry if it's been mentioned, but Dirk taking Roxy by the hand to bring her home was probably the first time he's ever even touched another human being, right?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
And Dave becomes Jane.

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
His cool-kid facade is slipping again

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Color Printer posted:

Well there you go, I mean obviously he was going to just up and fly away. Not everything has to be a federal loving issue, you know.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Dave's expression in that last panel is priceless. It just so utterly captures the hangups he has about seeing his bro, especially as someone about his own age.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
holy poo poo dave's brain just exploded

Luminous Obscurity fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 29, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Serenity is still perched on Roxy's head -- looks like she(?) is coming to the B2 session a little early.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I think this is the most Dave has ever emoted :stare:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

In other news I never noticed that Alternia's pink moon had a moon itself, and there you can see it plain as day. Huh. How about that.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Roger Explosion posted:

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but Dirk taking Roxy by the hand to bring her home was probably the first time he's ever even touched another human being, right?

He's dragged her home from the void before.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The best face.

Seriously, though, it seems a little dumb to drag dreamRoxy back to Derse, since, you know, the whole Miles thing is still a thing.

...is Dirk going to have two Dreamselves now, or did the other one disappear?

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
That sure is a face.

Avatar sized for your convenience.

KoB
May 1, 2009
If they can just fly back, why dont the kids and troll follow them?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KoB posted:

If they can just fly back, why dont the kids and troll follow them?

Because they're actually on the meteor. Presumably when Dirk hits the border of the dream bubble, he'll just wake up.

Or maybe it'll be another loving splinter of Dirk floating around.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

If the meteor is already heading toward the session at nearly the speed of light, how are Dirk and Roxy able to outrun it and get back two years (kind of??) before the others arrive too?

Augh confusing. Also beaten kind of.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Ahahahaha, your avatar makes you posting these even funnier to me somehow. Magnifique.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Strongylocentrotus posted:

That sure is a face.

Avatar sized for your convenience.

Much obliged, it's about time for a change.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm worried that if/when we get a Dave/Dirk dialoglog they'll somehow cancel each other out and both become awful. :ohdear:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I'm worried that if/when we get a Dave/Dirk dialoglog they'll somehow cancel each other out and both become awful. :ohdear:

But then their mutual awfulness will cancel each other out and it will wrap back around to being cool which will cause them to negate each others' coolness and go back to awful and so on and so forth until the universe collapses into a singularity of irony.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

brainSnakes posted:

Ahahahaha, your avatar makes you posting these even funnier to me somehow. Magnifique.

It's thoughs eyes.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Much obliged, it's about time for a change.
:tipshat:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Unless he's retrieved Roxy's dreamself before.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bongo Bill posted:

Unless he's retrieved Roxy's dreamself before.
I believe it has been implied that he has somewhere, though I'll be assed if I can find it.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Reene posted:

If the meteor is already heading toward the session at nearly the speed of light, how are Dirk and Roxy able to outrun it and get back two years (kind of??) before the others arrive too?

Augh confusing. Also beaten kind of.

Probably by exploiting non-linear space.

This is partly speculation, but I figure that since the meteor is coasting on the boost from Aradia and Sollux, it can only travel in a "straight line" (whatever that means in the tenth dimension). Meanwhile, Dirk and Roxy can take a "shortcut" back, which is probably how Roxy sleepfloated there to begin with.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lupus Rufus posted:

Dave's expression in that last panel is priceless. It just so utterly captures the hangups he has about seeing his bro, especially as someone about his own age.

I'm excited! It's going to be a fun ride while he deals with what just happened and his viewing of his brother as a super-human, even at his age. We may yet see a breakdown beyond this.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Breakdown's become a bit of a contested term in Homestuck discussion I've seen, but certainly this adds fuel to the fire when it comes to their brotherly relationship.

At this point Dave's still fourteen so sixteen-year-old Dirk still appears to be older than him, even though he's much younger than Dave probably remembers.

Hey, hold on, how old was Bro supposed to be when Dave arrived in B1? When we saw Dave's meteor land Bro had basically the same sprite model as he had thirteen years later at the start of the story. If Bro had been sixteen then he'd surely have used the same sprite appearance as Dirk, but if he's much older than sixteen then throw on thirteen more years how did Dave ever manage to think of him as an older brother when he was old enough to be his father?

This is likely 100% irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dolash posted:

Hey, hold on, how old was Bro supposed to be when Dave arrived in B1? When we saw Dave's meteor land Bro had basically the same sprite model as he had thirteen years later at the start of the story. If Bro had been sixteen then he'd surely have used the same sprite appearance as Dirk, but if he's much older than sixteen then throw on thirteen more years how did Dave ever manage to think of him as an older brother when he was old enough to be his father?

This is likely 100% irrelevant.
I'm pretty sure Bro was in his late 20s or maybe even early 30s by the time the comic started. He was probably around 16 or something when he found Dave. He didn't look like Dirk because Andrew Hussie isn't entirely omniscient and hadn't thought of the idea of Dirk at that point.