Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Color Printer posted:

Holy poo poo, Judas + Book of Belial + Spider Quad-shot + Parasite Split-shot = Death to everything.

I had a pretty awesome Judas run earlier, with Blood Of The Martyr + Pentagram + Fire Rate Mushroom + A handful of +1 health ups + both Little Chad AND Charm of the Vampire. All that combined with Book Of Belial and RIP everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poot
Apr 21, 2010
Trying to complete the chest with Eve and Samson has really burnt me out on this game. The only times I get a decent build the photo doesn't spawn. With the other characters I feel like I get the photo roughly half the time, but not with Eve and Samson. I guess quitting in the caves\basement all the time because they're not fun has something to do with it...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brighter side, update's apparently coming out today! Multi Colored bosses!

I can't wait to fight double bloat that can shoot brimstone in a 8 way shot!

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

We should have a bet on which item gets broken this time.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Geokinesis posted:

Or more broken.

I really hope he adds more Greed based enemies personally. I love having all my money shot out of me by dudes with entirely too many HP and way too many projectiles. Or maybe an enemy that steals container hearts?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Geokinesis posted:

Brimstone, obviously.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Brimstone, obviously.

I hope he re-breaks Chocolate Milk, so I have even more reasons to never pick it up.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Underwhelmed posted:

Or more broken.

I really hope he adds more Greed based enemies personally. I love having all my money shot out of me by dudes with entirely too many HP and way too many projectiles. Or maybe an enemy that steals container hearts?
Gah, gently caress Avarice. I don't even mind the v-shaped projectiles so much, but if you're so unfortunate that it bumps into you you'll end up dropping every drat coin in your inventory - his hit detection for this ignores invincibility frames!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

notoriousman posted:

Gah, gently caress Avarice. I don't even mind the v-shaped projectiles so much, but if you're so unfortunate that it bumps into you you'll end up dropping every drat coin in your inventory - his hit detection for this ignores invincibility frames!

On the other hand, that becomes a feature if you have the D20.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Greeds spawn way too much, having 30+ gold feels really useless sometimes.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Greeds spawn way too much, having 30+ gold feels really useless sometimes.

Yeah. You're pretty much guaranteed to run into him in The Depths / Necropolis at least once. I've often gotten Greed and Super Greed in the last two item rooms, which is always frustrating.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you have the D20 or the Bum Friend, Greed will be your best friend. Let him hit you a time or two to knock the coins out, then kick his rear end to (hopefully) make more drop. Then reroll/let your portable beggar pick it up. He can spit out a Polaroid, I've seen him do it!

The problem with a lot of Wrath enemies is that they have too much god drat HP. This is especially true for the bouncing Greed heads and the green guys with Ipecac-style shots. If you don't have any damage ups, it takes way too long to hurt them. And if you get a lovely room layout, they're run-enders.

E: So much for a Friday update, I guess, unless it's pushed out well into evening.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 29, 2012

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

poot posted:

Trying to complete the chest with Eve and Samson has really burnt me out on this game. The only times I get a decent build the photo doesn't spawn. With the other characters I feel like I get the photo roughly half the time, but not with Eve and Samson. I guess quitting in the caves\basement all the time because they're not fun has something to do with it...

Isaac and Judas for me. Also I fixed my achievements being all messed up by deleting the so.sol file like the wiki suggests, but for some reason I lost Cain's Eye and I have to do anther Chest run with him :/

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Arcturas posted:

I hope he re-breaks Chocolate Milk, so I have even more reasons to never pick it up.

Chocolate milk still feels sorta broken to me.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mind Spew posted:

Chocolate milk still feels sorta broken to me.

Isn't it just Brimstone, but lovely? I don't think I've seen it once since I've started playing, or I picked it up and didn't know how to use it or something.

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

...and then he eats the body, but they always cut out the spoon scene.

OriginalPseudonym posted:

Isn't it just Brimstone, but lovely? I don't think I've seen it once since I've started playing, or I picked it up and didn't know how to use it or something.

It used to be great (like brimstone) and combined with triple shot, I killed satan in like 3 volleys of charged up power. The entire appeal was that it did crazy damage after it was charged. Now, it doesn't seem to charge up to even a fraction of its old power. Last time I used it, it felt like I had to charge it up for 4 seconds just to do 2x damage. And it disables auto-fire so it feels like a huge nerf if you're shooting pretty fast already, forcing you to mash fire.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

OriginalPseudonym posted:

It's a bit more flexible than brimstone as it allows you to fire off shots regularly while still being able to fire up a charged shot whenever you like. I hate it though as my finger gets tired of having to press the arrow keys over and over. A strong item but nothing really game-changing.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
I never seem to have good runs anymore. I can start out with Cain and still the game gives me the choice of The Bean and Lemon Mishap on Labrynthian Necropolis, when all I had were low tier familiars and a few range ups. Why do you hate me RNG, when all I do is show undying love for you? :smithicide:

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Hooray, I officially never have to be Samson again. :toot:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I have had an off day :(

I've only finished the final level with Cain and Judas, so I'm trying to get the time-sinks out of the way (??? and Eve) but Eve just never gets her damage into blood tears, and ??? I can net a good loadout on but I just never seem to survive past the Cathedral.

I'm hoping that I can eventually brute force my way into the final final boss fight as Eve with the Ankh or something so I can kill it, kill myself, and then do the fight again as ???, but we'll see. All else fails, all I need is Knife + Mom's Bra and I'm set.

Provided I don't have that as ??? with only one soul heart left :mad:

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009
Goddammit, 30 successful runs since wrath of the lamb came out and I still haven't gotten the prayer card once

Come on game and throw me a bone

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Zacharias posted:

Goddammit, 30 successful runs since wrath of the lamb came out and I still haven't gotten the prayer card once

Come on game and throw me a bone

Ever since he rebalanced the item occurrences, I have never seen the Prayer Card. Or the Holy Grail, for that matter. Ever. I'm starting to wonder if they still exist.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I get the holy grail occasionally through a red chest. All I ever see in angel rooms now is the Mitre, though

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Color Printer posted:

Ever since he rebalanced the item occurrences, I have never seen the Prayer Card. Or the Holy Grail, for that matter. Ever. I'm starting to wonder if they still exist.

I'm pretty sure they're both Angel Room only. Prayer Card may appear behind Fanged Doors very rarely, though.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
What's a good way to get Ultra Pride to show up? I heard Cheat Engine to force mini-bosses on every floor, anything else?

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Be at the worst possible set-up to fight Ultra Pride.

:mad:

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I basically forgot I even had this game (I think it came with some Indie Bundle at some point) and the DLC coming out made me take a minute to actually try it out. I haven't been able to put it down for a whole loving week now and every day that I get home from work, I sit down for a good 3-4 hour chunk with it because holy poo poo it's so addicting.

That said, I managed to get the achievements for not taking damage in the Basement/Caves/Womb, but I can't get the Depths for the life of me. I've been kinda going back and forth between playing as Cain and hoping for lucky drops, and doing the Isaac Is Good Today challenge for the guaranteed Halo / Flying, but some of those rooms are so loving miserable. Stupid barfy skulls.

Oh yeah, and I had a run where I made it to Isaac with Samson, had like 100 soul hearts, and was spitting tri-polyphemus tears with massive damage, then figured I'd see what using the Bible against Isaac does. :negative:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dark boy is the most brutal one of them all, I only got it thanks to the invulnerability glitch.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Does Platinum God require you to get all the no damage achievements since it requires you to have all the secrets now?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mind Spew posted:

Does Platinum God require you to get all the no damage achievements since it requires you to have all the secrets now?

A better question is, "what are the requirements for Golden God now" since there's pretty much no way to 'roll back' the game?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

GuavaMoment posted:

What's a good way to get Ultra Pride to show up? I heard Cheat Engine to force mini-bosses on every floor, anything else?

Do that or just make a lot of runs to the Chest because that place is 20 rooms of minibosses. He's not quite as rare as it seems, he probably makes an appearance for me every 10-15 runs.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

KataraniSword posted:

A better question is, "what are the requirements for Golden God now" since there's pretty much no way to 'roll back' the game?

I would assume that you just have to collect the original set of items, as that's all that it counted towards "golden" status before. The no-damage achievements didn't count for 100% completion (or my friend's copy bugged out, which is actually pretty drat likely). I can only assume platinum would be for collecting all the WotL stuff*.

*Pure speculation.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Hellburger99 posted:

I would assume that you just have to collect the original set of items, as that's all that it counted towards "golden" status before. The no-damage achievements didn't count for 100% completion (or my friend's copy bugged out, which is actually pretty drat likely). I can only assume platinum would be for collecting all the WotL stuff*.

*Pure speculation.

That's it. Unlock all the items with the 5 original characters and collect them. Should come about naturally in a brand new install of the game although it will take a lot longer since there's a ton of other items now in the game whereas before there was a smaller pool of them.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 30, 2012

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Hellburger99 posted:

I can only assume platinum would be for collecting all the WotL stuff*.

*Pure speculation.

It was like that until 1.3. Now it looks like secrets count towards it too, which unfortunately seems to include the no damage achievements.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Mind Spew posted:

It was like that until 1.3. Now it looks like secrets count towards it too, which unfortunately seems to include the no damage achievements.

And what if my secrets haven't updated since I picked up loving Sampson of all things?

Terrene
May 1, 2009
Killed Isaac, died to an angel baby after, fuuuuuuuuuuuck. :(

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Fffuuuuuuuck, didn't know I was on mom's floor and I found the boss rooms first and went for them, thinking I'll find the two treasure rooms after. :smithfrog:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like the patch is delayed until Monday because McMillen couldn't get off of omegle long enough to actually work on it. Thanks, chief. For wanting to be done with the game, he sure doesn't seem to actually want to be done with the game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ChibiSoma posted:

Looks like the patch is delayed until Monday because McMillen couldn't get off of omegle long enough to actually work on it. Thanks, chief. For wanting to be done with the game, he sure doesn't seem to actually want to be done with the game.

Its ok, I'm sure this latest patch will break something else and he'll have to keep at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I just had an Isaac run where literally every trinket I've unlocked except for The Tick, Counterfeit Penny, ???'s Soul, Cancer, and The Polaroid dropped. I must have fed at least 70 coins into fortune telling machines. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread