Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ClownSyndrome posted:

If not that, then Terminal velocity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLyrXTL683g

which appears to be nearly the exact game made by the same team
As was Hellbender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm trying to remember this top down free game, I think it was by Japanese devs?

You controlled a ship with the mouse but the twist was that the weapon is a laser sword.
It was entirely gesture based.

Pretty sure it's from the early 2000s.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Can anyone point me to a certain old arcade Spiderman game? It alternated beat'em up and platformer levels and had 4 characters to choose from. IIRC the first boss was Venom.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Pierzak posted:

Can anyone point me to a certain old arcade Spiderman game? It alternated beat'em up and platformer levels and had 4 characters to choose from. IIRC the first boss was Venom.

Spider-Man: The Video Game.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
That's the one, thanks!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Sonance posted:

The first thing that came to mind was Full Throttle, which fits the cartoony/adventure/junkyard side of things, but then it was released in 95 and I don't recall a tuning fork puzzle (although given the game's subject matter it probably should do!).

There is not a tuning fork puzzle, but you are trying to get some motorcycle forks from the junk yard.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
Deakul's post reminded me of an arcade game I played back in 2001 (hey, a definite year!). It was a top-down shooter with (I believe) 3-D objects. Your character was some sort of Gundam-like robot which could either fire its gun or use a sword to attack enemies.

It was in a JAMMA cabinet, if that helps.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Deakul's post reminded me of an arcade game I played back in 2001 (hey, a definite year!). It was a top-down shooter with (I believe) 3-D objects. Your character was some sort of Gundam-like robot which could either fire its gun or use a sword to attack enemies.

It was in a JAMMA cabinet, if that helps.

Brave Blade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i74RwyteyGA

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

That certainly looks to be it. Thanks!

Herobotic
Oct 9, 2007

You know, we've had a lot of fun here today, but there's nothing funny about people who pretend to throw a ball without actually throwing a ball.
In the mid- to late-90's, I had a game on my mac that was kind of punk-rock/cyberpunk themed, and I basically remember nothing of the gameplay, other than I think it had something to do with death racing or cars. It was trying extremely hard to be super cool, and it fails extremely hard. It may have had the word anarchy in the title, but I'm not sure.

Juc66
Nov 20, 2005
Lord of The Pants

Herobotic posted:

In the mid- to late-90's, I had a game on my mac that was kind of punk-rock/cyberpunk themed, and I basically remember nothing of the gameplay, other than I think it had something to do with death racing or cars. It was trying extremely hard to be super cool, and it fails extremely hard. It may have had the word anarchy in the title, but I'm not sure.

How similar to carmageddon is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YikK1uVtNok

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

duckfarts posted:

As was Hellbender.

Oh man, this was the first "flying" game I ever played. I still have that Microsoft sidewinder!

Reasonably certain I still have my original copy too.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

Cass posted:

Eternal Champions maybe? One of the characters loosely fits the description, don't think he had any whirlwind attacks though. If not see if anything here looks familiar:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/list-86
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/list-86

I could have sworn the robed guy (Xavier) was a wizard, with a big white beard and everything, but one of the stage backgrounds I saw also looked familiar, so I think that was it. Thanks for your help guys!

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

This is going off some very fuzzy memories, but I remember two 2D RPGs for the PS1. One had an isometric pov and chibi-ish characters much like the final fantasy games then. There were floating islands that had towns built on them with walls surrounding them.

The second game had a similar camera angle but not quite as high up. It was more angled and had slightly realistic looking characters. The protagonist was a teenager or young adult (I hope that narrows it down) who snuck onto a flying machine early on and had a father who plays a significant role in the plot. I wanna say it's sci-fi.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 30, 2012

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

I cannot remember what this game was from my childhood: The game was an RPG fantasy game that looked similar to Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete in that the 2D sprites were flat against the background. I don't remember any battle scenes or how it played outside of combat.

I don't recall the plot, however, what I can remember was the art on the back of the game showing some of the heroes (or maybe it was in a magazine). From what I remember it was all humans and the most noticeable part was a lizard/dragon warrior that was looking all :black101: with his armor and holding two swords in a cross pattern in front of his eye.

It might have been on the Sega Saturn or Playstation.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CrunchyTaco posted:

I cannot remember what this game was from my childhood: The game was an RPG fantasy game that looked similar to Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete in that the 2D sprites were flat against the background. I don't remember any battle scenes or how it played outside of combat.

I don't recall the plot, however, what I can remember was the art on the back of the game showing some of the heroes (or maybe it was in a magazine). From what I remember it was all humans and the most noticeable part was a lizard/dragon warrior that was looking all :black101: with his armor and holding two swords in a cross pattern in front of his eye.

It might have been on the Sega Saturn or Playstation.
Could be Albert Odyssey for the Saturn. I had it and it was pretty drat generic but had a dragon-dude as a party member.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

there was a volleyball game that I played as a kid (can't remember if it was for the Genesis or SNES) where the characters looked a lot like this. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the game and Google isn't helping at all. Does anyone remember this?

(images snagged from a GBS photoshop thread)

Kamer Kamer Cola
Dec 25, 2009

SixtySix posted:

there was a volleyball game that I played as a kid (can't remember if it was for the Genesis or SNES) where the characters looked a lot like this. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the game and Google isn't helping at all. Does anyone remember this?

Super Dodgeball?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

SixtySix posted:

Nekketsu Kunio Kun Beach Volley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Zj__z9KTs

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Right so this might be quite vague, but I'll give it a shot.

It was a late 90s/early 2000s game I think. It was a wild-west level with isometric graphics. You had limited ammo and some throwing knives, and you essentially had to sneak through the level and kill people.

Damnit I can't remember more, but boy I'd love to play it again.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

lorn Wayne posted:

Right so this might be quite vague, but I'll give it a shot.

It was a late 90s/early 2000s game I think. It was a wild-west level with isometric graphics. You had limited ammo and some throwing knives, and you essentially had to sneak through the level and kill people.

Damnit I can't remember more, but boy I'd love to play it again.

Desperadoes?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

HoldYourFire posted:

Desperadoes?

Holy poo poo that was fast, thank you!

http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Desperados-Wanted-Dead-or-Alive.html?ref=101&currency=GBP

This is gonna bring back some sweet memories.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Kamer Kamer Cola posted:

Super Dodgeball?

poo poo maybe it was dodgeball and not volleyball? But I don't think this was it...I seem to remember the backgrounds being a bit busier.

Uhhhh I wasn't really into the import scene when I was 13 in 1989 in Maine

Q-sixtysix fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 1, 2012

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

lorn Wayne posted:

http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Desperados-Wanted-Dead-or-Alive.html?ref=101&currency=GBP

It's a great game, have fun!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SixtySix posted:

poo poo maybe it was dodgeball and not volleyball? But I don't think this was it...I seem to remember the backgrounds being a bit busier.

There are a bunch of games with those characters. Look through this, and you'll probably find it: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kunio/kunio.htm

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

There are a bunch of games with those characters. Look through this, and you'll probably find it: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kunio/kunio.htm

looking at those other screenshots, this has gotta be it. Thanks, it was driving me crazy trying to remember it. I recalled a beach level and I was thinking this was a volleyball game :v:

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

lorn Wayne posted:

If you're going to buy this get it on Gog instead, looks like it's cheaper plus you get bonus material: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/desperados_wanted_dead_or_alive

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

SixtySix posted:

looking at those other screenshots, this has gotta be it. Thanks, it was driving me crazy trying to remember it. I recalled a beach level and I was thinking this was a volleyball game :v:

It didn't help that it was basically played on a volleyball court without the net (but your guys could still jump that high like they were going to spike the ball).

Super Dodgeball was a great game though. I've still got a copy of the NES cart sitting here. You could knock people clear around the world with some of the super shots. :allears:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Thom and the Heads posted:

So this was back in the early 2000s or late 90s. It was an adventure game, I think. I also remember it centered around a junkyard or scrap yard. All I can remember is a puzzle that involved a tuning fork. Anything?

EDIT: I kind of had a cartoony art style to it, IIRC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floigan_Bros.

I'll warn you, its a lovely as hell game.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

There was this pipe-puzzle game I remember playing on the computers at school when I was in middle-school (so we're talking, like 15 years ago here), I remember it being oddly morbid visually, but I don't remember it trying to be outright scary. Gah I wish I could remember more details from it.

Mikaelomo
Jul 27, 2007
Another old IBM/old computer game that was loaded on school machines. It involved driving around town doing various tasks before having to get to a gas station to fill up.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Mikaelomo posted:

Another old IBM/old computer game that was loaded on school machines. It involved driving around town doing various tasks before having to get to a gas station to fill up.

One of the Putt-Putt games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putt-Putt_%28series%29 ?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Xenomrph posted:

There was this pipe-puzzle game I remember playing on the computers at school when I was in middle-school (so we're talking, like 15 years ago here), I remember it being oddly morbid visually, but I don't remember it trying to be outright scary. Gah I wish I could remember more details from it.

Is it possible you're thinking of the pipe puzzle from The Seventh Guest? From memory instead of it being pipes with water, it's blood travelling through a maze inside a heart.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

cmndstab posted:

Is it possible you're thinking of the pipe puzzle from The Seventh Guest? From memory instead of it being pipes with water, it's blood travelling through a maze inside a heart.
Hmm... looking at screenshots of it, that's definitely not it. :(

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Hmm... looking at screenshots of it, that's definitely not it. :(

If it was on Mac, could it maybe be Troubled Souls? That was a great game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Xenomrph posted:

Was it just a pipe puzzle game or was it a game where you walk around and do other puzzles like Myst/etc.? If the former look up Pipe Dream's releases and its many clones like Pipemania and Loopz. If it's the latter maybe Shivers and its sequel.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Genpei Turtle posted:

If it was on Mac, could it maybe be Troubled Souls? That was a great game.
Holy gently caress I think that's it. :aaa:

Thanks!

Fatty Patty
Nov 30, 2007

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?
I'm thinking of a goon made RPG, possibly done using RPG maker. All the character portraits etc were hand drawn. I can't remember much about the game except that it had a REALLY awesome card game. Any ideas?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Fatty Patty posted:

I'm thinking of a goon made RPG, possibly done using RPG maker. All the character portraits etc were hand drawn. I can't remember much about the game except that it had a REALLY awesome card game. Any ideas?

Last Scenario?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I remember a PS1 arcadey flight sim, that had iirc pretty cartoonish characters. I think you were like the leader of some pilot team in a weird competition or something where you basically shot the other team to pieces.
I remember it being poo poo hard because you started out with old WW2 looking planes while some other teams had more modern looking jets. Which killed you.
I never got far in that game.