Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
When Neuer started to rush upfield last night, German pundit Steffen Simon said:

"Now Germany are going forward with twelve players"

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
The camera panned to a German girl with a morose expression during yesterday's game and the commentator says "poor girl" only for Mark Lawrenson to quip "she might be rich."

:emo:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euroboy posted:

The norwegian commentator constantly said "Diamantini".

Drillo even tried to correct him several times :-/

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

euroboy posted:

The norwegian commentator constantly said "Diamantini".

I'll have a virgin

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

quote:

So a couple guys behind me in 108 last night, most likely noobs, were absolutely unleashing anytime Perlaza touched the ball.

Every touch was met with "Fu*K You Perlaza" or "You Suck Perlaza" etc.

I am admittedly overly jingoistic about my team, and I see no problem with venting frustration with a player or manager here on the board (it's partly wwhat it is here for), but yelling stuff like that at someone wearing our badge is unacceptable.

Don't be like other lovely fan bases, support the team on the field or GTFO!

/rant

quote:

Meh. I'll usually turn and yell "those are OUR boys!" and hope that straightens them out. I haven't heard it this year, though.

Friendlies are odd like, that, though. In all honesty, there shouldn't be too much rowdiness at all. No key clinking, no ref taunts, none of that. It's a friendly, ffs... but some people really want to stick it to... the Spanish?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Swearing, Key Clinking and Ref Taunting = unnecessary rowdiness

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The weird punctuation in the second one made me read it in the voice of William Shatner.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

This made me lol

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the sex ghost posted:

Swearing, Key Clinking and Ref Taunting = unnecessary rowdiness

imagine if everyone in the crowd got their keys out and shook them around in a stadium. i wonder how that'd sound.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quote:

I’ve been thinking this for years about Spain and Barcelona. Anyone who plays Fifa on the xbox knows that if someone played this wayed you’d turn off the box rather than let an opponent waste your time in this manner.

Why are the media only picking up on this now?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

quote:

be it from me to start worrying a little, and not wanting to start another holy war in Yorshire, sorry I ve been away abroad for a week, and whilst away, read the book jerusalem the biography. ok so wants the bleeding point you may ask, I read with great delight that the investment is happening at long last hooray. however I have also read we have signed a multipound investment from a chigago based Jewish company, so where is the investment coming from if its from the middle east is it Jewish or Arab cash.................. read the book and you will understand Jews and Arabs dont mix. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they bomb and kill each other, and for hundreds of years hope captain birdseye knows his history. are we really sure its middle eastern cash maybe makes sense its Chicago cash mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes you wonder.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

quote:

I'd quite like to see a retort next season when every away team starts chanting "you know what you are". Something like:

He is world class
He is world class
Luis Suarez
He knows what he is

or

He knows what he is
He know what he is
Luis Suarez
He knows he's world class

For a player we support, those shouts were often left unanswered last season.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/07/02/100252-31306876/

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

This is amazing

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
A player who believes after 1 big season in 8 that he is bigger than the club! the same club that carried him during all his injury's over 7 years! #TheKingIsDeadLongLiveTheKing

gently caress.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
(re: Man Utd possibly having bid €20m for Moutinho)

Why n’t sign the player? Am gettin concern of Furgie’s decisions. He should n’t disorganise Man u.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PirateBob posted:

(re: Man Utd possibly having bid €20m for Moutinho)

Why n’t sign the player? Am gettin concern of Furgie’s decisions. He should n’t disorganise Man u.

I...what?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Good phoneposting that

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/armchair-pundit/hollow-pursuit-trophies-122737542.html

quote:

What if Shearer had joined Manchester United instead of, say, Andy Cole?

He would have won things, for sure. But they won things anyway. Shearer's impact at Old Trafford could never compare with his importance to Newcastle, where he is still revered.

This European trophy-worship is not shared across the pond, where a different attitude prevails.

Americans would lionise Shearer for his loyalty and consistency - they would judge him on his extraordinary ability and not the number of championships. Nobody judges Peyton Manning's time as Indiananpolis Colts quarterback a failure because he won 'only' one Super Bowl in 13 years.

lmfao

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

rangersmedia posted:

now I wont stop saying paki shops or going for a chinky because some white middle class liberal says its offensive. it's an abbreviation just like scot is to Scotland and it all needs to be taken in context. we had a paki shop up my bit and the old boy running it used to call himself a paki and thr few chinese i know dont feel offende by the term chinky. so let's talk about racism or bigotry, so in Glasgow we have a Chinese football leauge but they allow 1 or 2 non Chinese to play, now is that racist ? we also have the RC schools football league, now is that bigotry ?

rangersmedia again posted:

I well the mext time ye see them then tell them ro stop curseing at the HM the Queen .
I never in my life ever thought I would ever hear that inside Ibrox and i wont tollerate that son.
If you think they are Rangers fans then your wrong at least a sikh would respect her majesty.
Now i havent ever mentioned religion .
Did I?.

rangersmedia for the third time posted:

This thread has certainly opened my eyes to the enemy within, smoked them out too, a great idea OP.

Its easy to see why we are in this mess currently, the club has lost its identity thanks to the malaise cause by our supposed fans...'The Murray Generation' shall we call them? Some of the excuses and statments on these pages have made me sick. Just when did we throw in the towel to Rome?

The one great possible outcome from our current troubles, the resolution I dream of (no matter should it momentarily make us a 'smaller' club in financial terms) is that we can revert to the old Ranger traditions (and songs) that made the club what it is today.

Its clear that the day to day mixing with these...exotic peoples.. have weakened the resolve of many.

Burn your bra well away from me Murray Generation, when this land becomes overrun by these ancient enemies you seek to shelter and befriend.. don't say you were not warned, our ancestors weep for you all.

Easy to find dreadful posts on that forum, but I've read it for 15 minutes and can feel my will to live ebbing away.

biglads fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 9, 2012

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I figured everyone needed a little motivation, so here's a beautiful jpeg to cheer up your days.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

kumb posted:

drat and we were sooo confident - 6'6", Senegalese, four red cards and ten yellow in twenty two games!
Not to worry there are plenty more 6'6" Senagalese players out there - That is unless the African fertility doctor has run out of the Lurch semen.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
if anyone missed this link keep punching joe shared with the spl thread, get clicking because it owns

https://twitter.com/rangersmeltdown

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

A west ham "ITK", on Santi loving Cazorla posted:

'When I saw that he was for sale I asked my source if we were interested in him. My source told me that we had a lot of interest in him last year, however this year we were looking at players of better value and therefore he was not a priority but given the right circumstances we may consider a move for him.'

and they don't know why no-one believes them

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

From the twitter aggregate Rangersmeltdown

quote:

Re: Would you be suprised if the SPL asked us back

Not dead against accepting but would only accept with unreasonable conditions
Regan's immediate public apology for his handling of the situation.
Regan's resignation
The Removal of Liewell from within the S.F.A.
A public apology from each and every one of the SPL clubs who voted us out.
A singular Transfer deadline extension specific to Rangers.
to go back then all other SPL clubs would each have to make a public apology, re their hatred for RFC, & accept any sanctions we impose

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Some twat thinks Beckham wasn't picked for Team GB because Pearce is jealous of his money :pwn:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Ninpo posted:

Some twat thinks Beckham wasn't picked for Team GB because Pearce is jealous of his money :pwn:

What has everyone got against Micah Richards? What did he do?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

What has everyone got against Micah Richards? What did he do?

I can only guess that was written by a United fan who hates Richards because he's a City player.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
:stare:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
For an incredibly retarded thing to do, that tattoo is at least mildly clever

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Nice smart price savoury selection in the background.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Im not going to lie, this made me laugh a little

PSG: The new bus driver is here
The transfer was completed for 85 million Euros
Alonso: I can't wait to start...

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

If a team ever had the passion and heart of the Americans and the talent and skill of the English... they'd be unbeatable.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
I was looking at stuff online about some players we have on trial and i found this

quote:

Ogunbiyi has been a backup his entire college career. He spent his first two seasons at New Hampshire; I don't know how much, if any, he played in 2006 as UNH doesn't have their stats from that season still on their site but he only played in one game, off the bench at that, in 07.

He transferrred to Boston College, sat out 2008 then last season played 3 games, posting a 1.39 GAA and a .727 save percentage.

ffs billy we can't even find a keeper with at least a .75 save percentage. no excuses. Reid Out.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

Posting this ironically and unironically, growing up as a liverpool fan in the 90s was a massive storm of Man U plastics and I still have PTSD

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

aeverous posted:

Posting this ironically and unironically, growing up as a liverpool fan in the 90s was a massive storm of Man U plastics and I still have PTSD

do you remember the Blackburn plastics? in Cornwall they emerged in about February of their title winning season and had entirely disappeared (mainly to Newcastle, lmao) by 1997. One of them is a professional footballer now

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Babby Thatcher posted:

do you remember the Blackburn plastics? in Cornwall they emerged in about February of their title winning season and had entirely disappeared (mainly to Newcastle, lmao) by 1997. One of them is a professional footballer now

My older brother was a Blackburn plastic for a time, and then Abramovich took over Chelsea and he bought a Chelsea shirt. I haven't spoken to him in a while but I really wouldn't be surprised if he's a Man City fan now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I know two Blackburn fans here, and to their credit they still maintain that they are Blackburn fans (one grew up in Scotland and England).