Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Galaxy S III SERO Upgrade Trip Report:

Don't know if this will be helpful to other folks, but, I upgraded to a Galaxy S III today in store on SERO, doing a contract buyout beforehand (original upgrade eligibility date was 8/1, contract ended 10/1). It went mostly smoothly, but anyways:

To start, I'm on SERO Premium 500, previously with a WiMAX devices and so, had the premium data add-on. I called the "SERO/EPRP" number in the OP, and a guy picked up immediately and I didn't have to go through any menus or anything. I told him I wanted to upgrade my device but since my upgrade eligibility isn't for another month, I wanted to to see if it was possible to do a contract buyout. It was, and since my Epic is old enough, it was only $50 to do that, applied to the next bill. The buyout applied "instantly", so I didn't have to wait to upgrade.

Next I went out to my local corporate store and since it was launch day, I had to wait an hour and a half as the poor sales folks were activating SGS3s for a bunch of folks, poor guys. Anyways, there was one snafu whereby moving from a CDMA/WiMAX device to a CDMA/LTE device technically requires a plan change (feature code maybe?) even though it's still "SERO Premium 500 with Premium Data".

Unfortunately they couldn't do the apropriate change through the corp store directly, so they had to call it in. At first the girl who was handling the change over the phone thought I had to move to EPRP, but they figured out the right trick is to temporarily change to a more expensive (EPRP?) plan, apply the upgrade, then switch back to SERO Premium 500 with the appropriate LTE designation. Once they figured it out, it went smoothly after that. (Which was far better than when I tried to pick up an Epic in store on the day SERO Premium came out, the corp store was unsuccessful in calling in that change and I ended up having to order online.)

So all in all, worked out well. My only complaint is that since we don't have LTE service here yet (or anywhere for that matter), I'd actually like to switch back to my Epic on occasion when I would need/make benefit using WiMAX. Unfortunately for SERO folks, reactivating an old WiMAX phone online won't work, it tries to force you into a plan change that only includes more expensive options.

That last point is particularly frustrating as, until they fix it, SERO folks are going to be stuck with LTE devices and can't activate other ones without calling in I guess. I haven't tried calling in the activation yet as the lines (including the SERO/EPRP number in the OP) are crazy busy at this point in the day.

Apologies for the wall of text, perhaps that helps SERO folks thinking of doing an early upgrade. Hopefully Sprint will sort out the plan problem when doing an online reactivation as it would be really nice to do that, I did email them, we'll see where it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Galaxy S III SERO Upgrade Trip Report:

:words:

Thanks. Getting ready for my own upgrade on a SERO account. I'm terrified it will get messed up when I get my new phone. :ohdear:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

900ftjesus posted:

I think repairs are still $35 in store. If they can't actually repair it in store and have to send it away, they should give you a refurb. At least this is what I experienced last time I needed a repair, but it's been a while.

atomicvocabulary posted:

My repairs were free on the screen but they wouldn't fix whatever else was wrong with it, which they described as erosion, without insurance.

This was two days ago and with an original 4g. They gave me the option of buying up, which I don't have full options until October, or taking it to a place like phone doctor (a local repair store)

Thanks.

I just took it to the local sprint store, which I guess isn't a repair center, and they're shipping me a replacement for $35. Seems like a pretty good deal. The guy didn't even ask to check out my phone, so he either didn't care or didn't realize that it was rooted when I showed him how the touchscreen was loving up.

Apparently 3Ds are backordered, so I don't know when exactly I'll be getting that replacement.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Get ready for the refurb Evo3D marry go around. Once you go refurb it is likely you will have to turn in the refurb again since refurb Evo3Ds seem to be grey stock. Happened to everyone I know with a refurb.

Edit: refurb refurb refurb

bigpolar
Jun 19, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

Apparently 3Ds are backordered, so I don't know when exactly I'll be getting that replacement.

Awesome, let's have a little informal competition to see how many refurbs we go through to get a working one. I'm on Evo 3D #5 right now. And I just had the antenna on it replaced instead of a getting whole new one.

At least mine are ostensibly "free" after paying my $8 a month. Are they sending you a fabulous purple Evo as well?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Turnquiet posted:

Get ready for the refurb Evo3D marry go around. Once you go refurb it is likely you will have to turn in the refurb again since refurb Evo3Ds seem to be grey stock. Happened to everyone I know with a refurb.

My wife's refurb EVO3D (she has had for about a month) now has a spot on the screen. The cycle continues...

Say what you want about Apple, but I do love with AppleCare + they give you a actual new phone to replace a broken one.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Turnquiet posted:

The 3D and the Shift are both bad about refurbs. I suspect that since they're always back ordered they get rushed through.

Since my store is 3rd party, I try to keep a stock of touchscreens for them so I can actually fix them (Sprint doesn't provide those), but they can be tough to get. Plus apparently they'll be taking away our ability to use non-Sprint parts soon. I guess I'll only be able to fix the original Evo and Rumors then...

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

bigpolar posted:

Awesome, let's have a little informal competition to see how many refurbs we go through to get a working one. I'm on Evo 3D #5 right now. And I just had the antenna on it replaced instead of a getting whole new one.

At least mine are ostensibly "free" after paying my $8 a month. Are they sending you a fabulous purple Evo as well?

drat. Maybe I would have been better off buying a Nexus S on eBay instead. I didn't even know they made purple Evos.

Or I could just switch back to my Evo 4G until I can upgrade.

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 2, 2012

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

TVs Ian posted:

The 3D and the Shift are both bad about refurbs. I suspect that since they're always back ordered they get rushed through.

Since my store is 3rd party, I try to keep a stock of touchscreens for them so I can actually fix them (Sprint doesn't provide those), but they can be tough to get. Plus apparently they'll be taking away our ability to use non-Sprint parts soon. I guess I'll only be able to fix the original Evo and Rumors then...

The Shift can now be swapped for the Transform Ultra and original Evo. Since most people with a Shift insist on a keyboard, I have just been switching everyone into the Ultra. Lesser of two evils at this point.

The Galaxy 3 has already become available for 3rd party employees to purchase, and at $99 I had to pull the trigger (I get discounted pricing twice a year on specific devices, and since HTC doesn't offer anything its the best bet).

Debating whether to:
1. Use it as my work phone (currently an HTC arrive, personal phone galaxy nexus)
2. Sell it on eBay
3. Find someone who wants to swap an Evo LTE for it.

I hate touchwiz and am not a big fan of the build quality of the S3 to be honest, but it it would be something newer, for better or worse. Thoughts are welcome.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Duckman2008 posted:

The Shift can now be swapped for the Transform Ultra and original Evo. Since most people with a Shift insist on a keyboard, I have just been switching everyone into the Ultra. Lesser of two evils at this point.

The Galaxy 3 has already become available for 3rd party employees to purchase, and at $99 I had to pull the trigger (I get discounted pricing twice a year on specific devices, and since HTC doesn't offer anything its the best bet).

Debating whether to:
1. Use it as my work phone (currently an HTC arrive, personal phone galaxy nexus)
2. Sell it on eBay
3. Find someone who wants to swap an Evo LTE for it.

I hate touchwiz and am not a big fan of the build quality of the S3 to be honest, but it it would be something newer, for better or worse. Thoughts are welcome.

What specifically do you hate about Touchwiz?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Have you ever used Touchwiz?

I'm general, I find it to be uglier, and I find both stock and htc sense to be more user friendly and just iced to use. Honestly, the two main things I don't like about the GS3 are:

-hardware look and feel (i didn't get a choice in color, so I really hope I don't get the blue one)
-over saturation of software: there is so much custom Samsung poo poo on that phone it's obnoxious. Even if it's easy to ignore, it is still there.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
My Sprint contract doesn't end until November, but my company just bought me an iPhone on the corporate Verizon account. There's no point in me keeping my Sprint line going, what's the best way to terminate the account? Any way to get around paying the full termination fee?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Vykk.Draygo posted:

The thing that gets me is that the vanilla ICS interface is somewhat minimalistic but still quite polished, and so is far better than past (vanilla) Android interfaces. The problem with TouchWiz is they took ICS, made it look like gingerbread again, then cranked it to 11. There's a bunch of flashy poo poo that will certainly wow people in the store, but when it comes down to both usability and aesthetic, it's just too much and it's clear that no real design thought went into it.

Plus they hosed up the task switcher screen by putting a "Task Manager" button it, which is both infuriating and redundant.

I don't find the blue color to be offensive, and I do prefer it to the white. It's metallic, so it's not like it's a bold matte blue like it was a DS or something. I would've gone for a dark gray metal if they had it though.

As far as I could tell everyone who was ahead of me in the store that got the SGS3 got white.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 2, 2012

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Toebone posted:

what's the best way to terminate the account?
I'd port your number to Google Voice, which automatically cancels the line. You can then have GV forward to your new Verizon line, so that your buddies can keep using your same old number. It also has the benefit of sticking with you if your job goes sour and you have to bail.

If you don't care about the number, just call *2 and say you want to cancel your service.

Toebone posted:

Any way to get around paying the full termination fee?
If you have a two-year contract that ends in November, chances are the ETF is only $50, so I'd just pay it. Here's Sprint's prorated ETF amounts.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah,nationwide sprint data issues tonight.

I was wondering what was happening Saturday night. Was at the Quaker State 400 and just thought the towers were overloaded with people and all the Sprint propaganda everywhere I was really surprised I was taking such a hit. Also with them being such big sponsors of the event I was surprised to see no 4g (wimax) there.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I'd port your number to Google Voice, which automatically cancels the line. You can then have GV forward to your new Verizon line, so that your buddies can keep using your same old number. It also has the benefit of sticking with you if your job goes sour and you have to bail.

If you don't care about the number, just call *2 and say you want to cancel your service.

If you have a two-year contract that ends in November, chances are the ETF is only $50, so I'd just pay it. Here's Sprint's prorated ETF amounts.

I've already ported the number to GV through Sprints free service, so that's taken care of. I didn't realize the pro-rated ETF was that low, that's not too bad.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Toebone posted:

I've already ported the number to GV through Sprints free service, so that's taken care of.
If you did Sprint's GV integration, I would think that Sprint still owns the number and thus, if you cancel the line you'll lose that number too. You should (make sure) the number is actually ported over to GV itself.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, Sprint's GV integration is not a full port of the number.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Duckman2008 posted:

-hardware look and feel (i didn't get a choice in color, so I really hope I don't get the blue one)
-over saturation of software: there is so much custom Samsung poo poo on that phone it's obnoxious. Even if it's easy to ignore, it is still there.
I ordered one too (don't really care what color, putting an Otterbox on the thing as soon as they release it), and I think the first thing I'm going to do is root it and install a cleaned-up ROM. And maybe run Nova Launcher or something if I can't stand Touchwiz.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Toebone posted:

My Sprint contract doesn't end until November, but my company just bought me an iPhone on the corporate Verizon account. There's no point in me keeping my Sprint line going, what's the best way to terminate the account? Any way to get around paying the full termination fee?

I'm sure Duckman will correct me if I'm wrong, but you could probably put the account on vacation mode and just pay a few dollars a month until November. That'll probably be cheaper than paying an ETF, even a small ETF. The downside is you probably couldn't use your number between now and then (but again, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Grumpwagon posted:

I'm sure Duckman will correct me if I'm wrong, but you could probably put the account on vacation mode and just pay a few dollars a month until November. That'll probably be cheaper than paying an ETF, even a small ETF. The downside is you probably couldn't use your number between now and then (but again, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

If it's on seasonal suspension, your contract goes on pause basically. If you've got 4 months left, suspend it, then unsuspend it, you'll have four months left when you resume.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TVs Ian posted:

If it's on seasonal suspension, your contract goes on pause basically. If you've got 4 months left, suspend it, then unsuspend it, you'll have four months left when you resume.

This is correct. Toebone, just go to google voice, turn off sprint integration, and then port your number for $20. You'll get a final bill in the mail from Sprint.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Unfortunately they couldn't do the apropriate change through the corp store directly, so they had to call it in. At first the girl who was handling the change over the phone thought I had to move to EPRP, but they figured out the right trick is to temporarily change to a more expensive (EPRP?) plan, apply the upgrade, then switch back to SERO Premium 500 with the appropriate LTE designation. Once they figured it out, it went smoothly after that. (Which was far better than when I tried to pick up an Epic in store on the day SERO Premium came out, the corp store was unsuccessful in calling in that change and I ended up having to order online.)

That last point is particularly frustrating as, until they fix it, SERO folks are going to be stuck with LTE devices and can't activate other ones without calling in I guess. I haven't tried calling in the activation yet as the lines (including the SERO/EPRP number in the OP) are crazy busy at this point in the day.

Huh. Weird. When I got my GN, I just called the employee number and let the rep know what I was trying to do and she got my WiMAX SERO plan switched over to an LTE SERO plan directly. I haven't tried going the other way, but I don't know why you couldn't if you really wanted to for some reason. You'd definitely need to call, though, since the web site doesn't work very well with SERO plans any more.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Yeah, calling in should work alright but yesterday was crazy due to the device launch, first of the month upgrades, etc. Wasn't worth waiting on the line for an hour.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
So is the general consensus that the Nexus is a better buy than the Galaxy S III for someone who's not heavily into the rooting/ROM scene and wants a nice phone that's going to be relevant for a while and isn't stuffed with crapware? I've played around with both at a Sprint store and I'd probably be happy with either one, as my rooted (using a guide, naturally) HTC Hero(!) is getting a little long in the tooth, to say the least, I just figured I'd ask around before signing another contract for the discount.

I'm half-tempted to switch over to T-Mobile and buy the unlocked Nexus straight from Google, but I haven't had any experience with them and their service seems spotty based on relatives' experience with them.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

Anyone with the Galaxy S3 having an issue with it rebooting? It has happened to my wife's 3 times in the 24 hours since she got it. Bone stock.

If it is an anomaly then we will exchange it, but if it just how this phone behaves then I guess we got Samsunged.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

Turnquiet posted:

Anyone with the Galaxy S3 having an issue with it rebooting? It has happened to my wife's 3 times in the 24 hours since she got it. Bone stock.

If it is an anomaly then we will exchange it, but if it just how this phone behaves then I guess we got Samsunged.

Not at all. Sounds more like a software issue than hardware but if your within 14 days I would still exchange it.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Reposting this here because I accidentally posted it in the generic android thread:

Hopefully one of the Sprint employees here would can answer this. I've got an EVO3D that according to the sprint website I can get a $90 credit for. I've got a $110 ETF. Can I walk into a sprint corporate store, hand over my phone for a $90 credit, and then go to an ATT store and transfer my number?

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Duckman2008 posted:

Did you order it through Rewards Me Plus? If so, it looks like the white one is all they're offering. Gonna be refreshing the gently caress out of that page at the end of the month to get one when they restock.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

Giblet posted:

Not at all. Sounds more like a software issue than hardware but if your within 14 days I would still exchange it.

If we bought it new and have TEP, and it is rebooting multiple times a day, would Sprint try to give us a refurb? If I am in my 14 day window I drat well want a working NIB phone. She didn't re-up a contract to jump straight into a refurbished model.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Smeed posted:

Reposting this here because I accidentally posted it in the generic android thread:

Hopefully one of the Sprint employees here would can answer this. I've got an EVO3D that according to the sprint website I can get a $90 credit for. I've got a $110 ETF. Can I walk into a sprint corporate store, hand over my phone for a $90 credit, and then go to an ATT store and transfer my number?
You'd do better to transfer your number to AT&T, then sell the phone on eBay or Craigslist for a bit more than $90.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

Turnquiet posted:

If we bought it new and have TEP, and it is rebooting multiple times a day, would Sprint try to give us a refurb? If I am in my 14 day window I drat well want a working NIB phone. She didn't re-up a contract to jump straight into a refurbished model.

You should be able to exchange it for a new one within the 14 day return policy. There is the possibility they may charge you a restocking fee if they can't confirm the issue. Make sure you exchange it through the same sales channel you purchased it from for the fewest problems.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

datajosh posted:

Did you order it through Rewards Me Plus? If so, it looks like the white one is all they're offering. Gonna be refreshing the gently caress out of that page at the end of the month to get one when they restock.

Yep, rewards me plus. Finally got rewarded for working every drat Sunday, I was one of the first to order. Think god, I hate the blue one.

My girl hates her Galaxy Nexus, so I am now looking to swap it for an Evo LTE. Anyone here interested?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I finally hit my breaking point with Sprints horrible network, and even shittier customer service. After being hung up on twice while trying to resolve an issue yesterday, I returned my EVO LTE and took my multiple line business to Verizon.

The real kicker is that Verizon is actually cheaper in my situation than Sprint was. I hope the two people that "helped" me yesterday are in the first round of layoffs when Sprint inevitably circles the drain.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Smeed posted:

I'm pretty sure the credit for phone thing only works if you're signing another contract.

tomguycot
Jan 11, 2001
Forum Veteran
Ok, quick trip report on the Sprint Galaxy S III. I know that the Galaxy Nexus is the phone of choice here but I did want to put in a good word for the SGS3. I picked it up Monday so here are my thoughts so far.

Pros:

1. Awesome screen. I think it looks perhaps a bit better than my friend's Galaxy Nexus but I realize that's pretty subjective. Either way I'm a huge fan of SAMOLED displays and it doesn't disappoint.

2. Build quality is much better than what I was expecting. I came from a long line of HTC phones and I was expecting something that felt cheap and plasticy. That is not the case at all. The phone feels really sturdy in hand, not bendy and cheap at all. I was not expecting to be impressed here but I really am. It also really amazed me just how thin the phone is considering the fact that it's got a pretty beefy stock battery and huge display.

3. Camera. Probably not quite as good as the one on the Evo LTE but it is a HUGE upgrade from what I was using on my Evo 3D.

4. Smart stay. This is a really awesome feature. As long as the room you're in is fairly well lit it does a great job of telling when you're looking at the phone so no having to constantly nudge the screen to keep it from dimming/turning off.

5. Kies Air. This wasn't even on my radar when I bought the phone but being able to remotely manage your phone from anything with a wireless connection is pretty killer. It's also nice for all of the computers out there that don't play well with MTP. For example, my Vista box does not seem to like my phone at all but with this it really doesn't matter.

6. The cell radios. This is probably as important as anything. So far my reception/signal strength has been at least as good as my Evo 3D. One of my big concerns about the Galaxy Nexus was the radios. Both my house and my workplace get so-so at best Sprint signal so something with reliable radios was pretty important.

Cons:

1. Wi-fi and Bluetooth management. Maybe it's just me but both of these seem a little wonky. They both work but I can't get wi-fi to permanently turn off. I can toggle it off in the notification shade and turn it off in the settings but it seems to turn itself back on and start looking for networks. This is very annoying at work where there are a bunch of wi-fi networks that I don't use and it sits there all day telling me there are available networks.

Also Bluetooth is a bit "weird". I find myself having to manually tell it to connect to things such as my car and my wireless speakers in the bedroom. My Evo 3D would just automatically connect so I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the UI or if it just works differently (poorly). Either way, it is a nuisance.

2. Gah, Touchwiz is an ugly beast by default. Seriously, the factory settings are the most jumbled mess of a UI I've ever seen. Fortunately, this is Android we're talking about and after playing with it for a few hours I've actually got things looking pretty nice (Fancy Widgets is awesome by the way).

Also, speaking of settings, has anyone figured out where/how you get the stock email client to stop putting a signature on your emails? I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I can't seem to find it.

Overall though, from the perspective of someone that isn't really interested in rooting or screwing with custom roms I'm quite happy with the phone. The screen is great, battery life is good, it does what I need it to and it feels really snappy. There are a few annoyances but that's the case with every phone and none of the problems have been show stoppers (no random reboots, crashing, etc.). I'm positive that it won't get the type of update support that the Galaxy Nexus gets but I'm quite happy with this phone as is.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

tomguycot posted:

Cons:

1. Wi-fi and Bluetooth management. Maybe it's just me but both of these seem a little wonky. They both work but I can't get wi-fi to permanently turn off. I can toggle it off in the notification shade and turn it off in the settings but it seems to turn itself back on and start looking for networks. This is very annoying at work where there are a bunch of wi-fi networks that I don't use and it sits there all day telling me there are available networks.

Have you disabled the sprint connection optimizer thing? It fu tions by trying to onload the data usage to either wifi or lte in the future. I don't remember where it is in the settings off the top of my head though.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

tomguycot posted:

1. Wi-fi and Bluetooth management.

Giblet posted:

Have you disabled the sprint connection optimizer thing?
Yeah this is quite likely the problem. The issue is that the (absolute worthless) Sprint Connections Optimizer pops up on first boot, and there's no obvious way to disable it on the popup prompt. (IIRC you have to hit "Settings" instead of "I Agree", then back out.)

To turn it off, go to "Settings", "More settings", "Mobile networks", "Automatic Connections", and turn off "Sprint Connections Optimizer". I have "Sprint automatic connection" disabled too, although I don't know if that's relevant at all.

tomguycot
Jan 11, 2001
Forum Veteran

Giblet posted:

Have you disabled the sprint connection optimizer thing? It fu tions by trying to onload the data usage to either wifi or lte in the future. I don't remember where it is in the settings off the top of my head though.

Thanks a million, that was it! Good grief, what an annoying "feature" to turn on by default.

Now if I can just sort out why my bluetooth stuff doesn't seem to want to connect automatically I'll be set. Thanks again Giblet and ExcessBLarg!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

tomguycot posted:

Also, speaking of settings, has anyone figured out where/how you get the stock email client to stop putting a signature on your emails? I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I can't seem to find it.

I don't know about the SGS3 in particular but in stock android you go to settings > click the name of your account > signature, and delete whatever garbage is there. Knowing Sprint it says "Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on the NOW Network from Sprint".

Why would anyone actually want that signature? I like "sent from my mobile" because I think it gives me an excuse to write short replies.