Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wet Bandits Copycat
Apr 18, 2004

Guilty Spork posted:

It's almost like the parties have changed over time. Next you're gonna tell me the Anti-Federalist party doesn't hold sway anymore.

The prohibitionist party, hilariously, hasn't changed at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yehudis Basya
Jul 27, 2006

THE BEST HEADMISTRESS EVER
From their front page-

conservapedia front page news posted:

U.S. Supreme Court to Obama: you did raise taxes, and it's called ObamaCare.

I love how that headline manages to make it sound like SCOTUS was saying "bad on you, Barack Hussein Obama! We love the Tea Party! Taxes bad!!!!"

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Yehudis Basya posted:

From their front page-

I love how that headline manages to make it sound like SCOTUS was saying "bad on you, Barack Hussein Obama! We love the Tea Party! Taxes bad!!!!"

Yeah, I'm still puzzled about how they construe SCOTUS saying, "The individual mandate is constitutional because it falls under the rubric of the federal government's power to levy taxes" as "Obama is a loving liar who raised our taxes!!!!"

They're either incredibly stupid or lying (are both simultaneously possible?) about what's going here, especially the part where you are exempt from the "tax" if you have some kind of acceptable healthcare coverage.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Bruce Leroy posted:

They're either incredibly stupid or lying (are both simultaneously possible?)

ding ding ding!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The whole "it's a tax!" thing is one of the most hilarious self-deceptions I've ever seen.

Literally nothing about it changed and they're acting like it's some big revelation because it now fits into one of the line items on their BAD THINGS list.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
so has the Gallery of American Heroes featuring Joe Arpaio come up yet? Because he apparently deserves to be on the same list as George Washington and MLK.

also while looking up Star trek: http://www.conservapedia.com/Extraterrestrial_life_in_Star_Trek

What every conservative needs to know.

Fitzdraco
Aug 4, 2007

Shadowed Bacon posted:

so has the Gallery of American Heroes featuring Joe Arpaio come up yet? Because he apparently deserves to be on the same list as George Washington and MLK.

also while looking up Star trek: http://www.conservapedia.com/Extraterrestrial_life_in_Star_Trek

What every conservative needs to know.

Reading through the article shows it to be neutrally written without the conservative cheerleading. It's also incomplete, it's like a lazy Trekie wondered in and said screw it half way through and left.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Fitzdraco posted:

Reading through the article shows it to be neutrally written without the conservative cheerleading. It's also incomplete, it's like a lazy Trekie wondered in and said screw it half way through and left.

I know it's neutral, It's just an unnecessary page.

Apparently Super Mario Galaxy hates religion? from http://liberapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ridiculous_quotes_from_Conservapedia

"Minor controversy erupted due to the game's portrayal of religious people as mindless enemies (goombas). Though it has been criticized, there is no evidence this has slowed down sales of the game.

Retrieved from conservapedia.com/Super_Mario_Galaxy"
The conservapedia page no longer exists though. So S.M.G is not worthy of a page, but trek aliens are cool?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Shadowed Bacon posted:

It is very strange that Pat Tillman is on their list of heroes. I didn't think Conservapedia would be one to acknowledge an atheist as an American hero. I thought all the atheists were fat rapist cowards.

Oh, whaddya know, apparently Conservapedia refuses to believe he was an atheist at all.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Lassitude posted:

It is very strange that Pat Tillman is on their list of heroes. I didn't think Conservapedia would be one to acknowledge an atheist as an American hero. I thought all the atheists were fat rapist cowards.

Oh, whaddya know, apparently Conservapedia refuses to believe he was an atheist at all.

Here is a man loyal to his country, to his fellow soldiers, out of personal hate of the war, Smith argued Pat thought seriously about abandoning them. Include in this fact that Pat signed up for military service with his brother. He would leave his brother behind? Pat had married right before he volunteered. His wife spoke of a man that did not have an ego. Pat had accumulated award after award, trophy after trophy playing college ball. His wife would say the only thing on Pat's mantle was a hand drawn U.S. flag. This is somebody who would turn against his country? How many atheist do you know would sacrifice their life for their country? For others? Selfless is not an atheist quality.

This is conservapedias arguement. Atheists are incapable of selfless service!

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society
I dunno, they're dumb as hell but nothing is more :911: than giving up a career to go expand American imperialism, getting killed by friendly fire, and then being the subject of a pretty blatant cover-up.

Hoo-rah!

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

I dunno, they're dumb as hell but nothing is more :911: than giving up a career to go expand American imperialism, getting killed by friendly fire, and then being the subject of a pretty blatant cover-up.

Hoo-rah!

I know a cartoonist you might like!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Panels 1,2 & 4 are literally "Man who died in friendly fire deserved it." Honestly, there isn't much wrong with panel 3. Much like a half of a broken clock, Ted Rall is right 1/4th of the time.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I've been amused by the essay category: http://www.conservapedia.com/Category:Essays

It's mostly Conservative and his endless, endless rehashes of the same material, but there are a few gems in here:

Essay:_Homosexual_bait_and_switch

GeorgeE posted:

Homosexual bait and switch is a technique used by covert homosexuals in order to convert heterosexuals to homosexuality, or at least, question their heterosexuality. Covert homosexuals will heavily alter their personal appearance in order to disguise their gender. These covert homosexuals will enter "meaningful" relationships with heterosexuals of the same sex without ever disclosing their own true gender. These homosexuals do a convincing job by utilizing deceit and powerful mind-control techniques. Only when the victim thinks they are in love does the covert homosexual reveal their true identity. At this point, the victim is too emotionally attached to the homosexual to leave them, giving the homosexual the upper-hand. Coercion into a counterfeit same-sex marriage is not uncommon. Even victims that somehow escape a homosexual's grasp usually go through withdrawal which causes some to suffer a homosexual relapse.

... oh my. I can't help but try to imagine the individual date(s) that lead the author to write this essay.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
From that talkpage:

quote:

http://www.articlestree.com/dating/men-disguised-as-women-tx529797.html

Some quotes.

"They prey on lonely unsuspecting men. It is estimated by observers that there are over ten million young guys that subsidize their income by posing as a love hungry female or hooker."

"One young man who successfully posed as a woman prostitute for many years confessed to his arresting office that he made love to thousands of unsuspecting men. He said all his pals were doing the same thing."

"But it can be painful to find out that your date is a guy in disguise. It would be more painful if the impersonator was given a marriage proposal."

This is a very real issue that needs to be recognized because the lives of many people have been damaged significantly by this despicable tactic. Please read the article and post your thoughts. -- GeorgeE

"This is a real issue, people, we've got to- why are you all laughing?"
or
"I DIDN'T KNOW SHE HAD A DICK! I SWEAR I'M NOT GAY! SHE WAS JUST HELPING ME WITH MY LUGGAGE!"

We need a political version, with Andy's world view:

quote:

Liberal bait and switch is a technique used by covert liberals in order to convert conservatives to liberalism, or at least, question their conservativism. Covert liberals will heavily alter their personal appearance in order to disguise their political affiliation. These covert liberals will enter "meaningful" relationships with conservatives of the opposing political views without ever disclosing their own true affiliation. These liberals do a convincing job by utilizing deceit and powerful mind-control techniques. Only when the victim thinks they are in love does the covert liberal reveal their true identity. At this point, the victim is too emotionally attached to the liberal to leave them, giving the liberal the upper-hand. Coercion into a counterfeit same political party is not uncommon. Even victims that somehow escape a liberal's grasp usually go through withdrawal which causes some to suffer a liberal relapse.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 1, 2012

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What a terrifying world they want to live in.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

quote:

"One young man who successfully posed as a woman prostitute for many years confessed to his arresting office that he made love to thousands of unsuspecting men. He said all his pals were doing the same thing."

How...I...how does that work? No wait, I don't want to know.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Nckdictator posted:

I know a cartoonist you might like!

Not as bad as some :tinfoil: people that say Tillman was killed by his own unit for being an outspoken atheist :shepface:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

quote:

Homosexual bait and switch is a technique used by covert homosexuals in order to convert heterosexuals to homosexuality, or at least, question their heterosexuality. Covert homosexuals will heavily alter their personal appearance in order to disguise their gender. These covert homosexuals will enter "meaningful" relationships with heterosexuals of the same sex without ever disclosing their own true gender. These homosexuals do a convincing job by utilizing deceit and powerful mind-control techniques. Only when the victim thinks they are in love does the covert homosexual reveal their true identity. At this point, the victim is too emotionally attached to the homosexual to leave them, giving the homosexual the upper-hand. Coercion into a counterfeit same-sex marriage is not uncommon. Even victims that somehow escape a homosexual's grasp usually go through withdrawal which causes some to suffer a homosexual relapse.

"And so as you can clearly see, your honor, I was entirely justified in beating that transgendered 'woman' to death."

Windozer
Nov 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So if I understand this correctly, reactionary conservatives literally believe that transgendered people are just deep cover gay people who have mind control powers? Like scanners, except fabulous?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Windozer posted:

So if I understand this correctly, reactionary conservatives literally believe that transgendered people are just deep cover gay people who have mind control powers? Like scanners, except fabulous?

It makes 'sense' when you remember they believe transpeople are gross dudes who just wanna sneak into the women's bathroom for some unknown reason.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's also a fairly common (conservative) belief that trans women are just gay guys who are even more confused than regular gays. Or less confused, to the "gays are just men who wanna be ladies" mindset.

Trans lesbians don't exist, naturally. Don't be silly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kajeesus posted:

It's also a fairly common (conservative) belief that trans women are just gay guys who are even more confused than regular gays. Or less confused, to the "gays are just men who wanna be ladies" mindset.

Trans lesbians don't exist, naturally. Don't be silly.

They also believe that the trans women are just dressed up as women as a way to get into women's bathrooms so they can molest kids.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
The talk page for the Conservative Bible Project has some good stuff in it. It's basically full of people telling Shlafly that it's a dumb idea and he's in no way qualified to translate the Bible. Even the batshit crazy Conservative makes some reasonable points, though in his usual retarded way he repeats every one of his arguments a million times. Still, compared to some of the inane poo poo Shlafly says on that page, Conservative manages to almost looks like a normal, well-adjusted person.

I mean just look at this:

quote:

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." What is wrong with this? As a believer in Biblical inerrancy I do not see why you would change the Bible to meet with "conservative thought patterns". What is the reason for removing this? --LK 16:43, 17 November 2010 (EST)

The doctrine of Biblical inerrancy does not resolve the issue of a few passages of doubtful authenticity. Your quoted passage has heavy liberal overtones, suggesting it is suspect. Scholarly analysis independently confirms that it is not authentic.

What are the liberal overtones? First, note how often the media, movies, books and liberals love to quote that passage rather than other passages given far greater emphasis. The quoted phrase is false: many of Jesus's persecutors knew what they were doing. The quoted passage contradicts many other statements and facts about Jesus. Jesus did not forgive sins without repentance, but liberals like to pretend falsely that repentance is not necessary. Let's not be misled, and let's not mislead others.--Andy Schlafly 18:41, 17 November 2010 (EST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Bah gawd, JESUS was in on the liberal conspiracy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glitterbomber posted:

Bah gawd, JESUS was in on the liberal conspiracy.

Well he was a Jew, how can you have a conspiracy without one?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Crazy Uncle Andy posted:

What are the liberal overtones? First, note how often the media, movies, books and liberals love to quote that passage rather than other passages given far greater emphasis.

So liberals can give any bible passage a "liberal overtone" by just quoting it enough times? Sweet. Let's all quote Leviticus 18:22 until conservatives decide to abandon that verse as well.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Binowru posted:

So liberals can give any bible passage a "liberal overtone" by just quoting it enough times? Sweet. Let's all quote Leviticus 18:22 until conservatives decide to abandon that verse as well.

Genesis 1:1

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know
Someone quotes the Conservative Bible Project's translation of John 3:16

Schlafly's bible posted:

For God so loved the [people in the] world that He gave His Unique Son, so that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

They complain that the "[people in the]" bit is clunky. Andy's reply?

Andy Schlafly posted:

I'd like a response to the issue of how the phrase "so loved the world" now has an environmentalist spin in English.

That does make me wonder why they didn't go a little further with the translation: "For God so loved the [Conservatives in the] world..."

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

Mniot posted:

That does make me wonder why they didn't go a little further with the translation: "For God so loved the [Conservatives in the] world..."
Liberals are already implicitly not real people.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Barnaby Barnacle posted:

Liberals are already implicitly not real people.

The question is, are they an invented people?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Well they weren't intelligently designed.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Conservative linked to "a new blog of evidence for atheism" on the main page.

http://evidenceforatheism.blogspot.com/

Predictable, but still the closest thing to "funny" I've seen from him.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

nsaP posted:

Conservative linked to "a new blog of evidence for atheism" on the main page.

http://evidenceforatheism.blogspot.com/

Predictable, but still the closest thing to "funny" I've seen from him.

At least it's a sane snarkiness, as opposed to his usual, "Isn't it hilarious how all atheists are fat and lacking in MACHISMO?"

Every time I see one of Conservative's crazy rants about "machismo" or manliness, I just think of the line "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" from "Hamlet."

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.
I wish my father was still alive, I could show him the kind of crazies that would get lumped in with his personal philosophy of Conservatism.

I wonder if he was really the kind of narrow minded jerk who would eat up the rhetoric or see it for what it was, a jerk-off playpen.

I'd like to give him credit he'd know better, but then again he did really love to bang the 'I Don't Like Gays' drum, and for some reason your average male just loves to jump into that circle.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

A.S.H. posted:

I'd like to give him credit he'd know better, but then again he did really love to bang the 'I Don't Like Gays' drum, and for some reason your average male just loves to jump into that circle.

I wonder if its a reaction of the competitiveness inherent in being a male. Like how there's a sizing up and compare/contrast session upon first contact, but you can't really compete with a gay guy in "cocks lovingly sucked" so your brain has a default exception and turns to revulsion or hatred.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The worst thing you can be in a patriarchal society is a woman, and as strongly (and savagely!) as the gender binary is beaten into people as kids, anything that blurs that line is going to meet horrible reaction.

Bel_Canto
Apr 23, 2007

"Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo."

Pope Guilty posted:

The worst thing you can be in a patriarchal society is a woman, and as strongly (and savagely!) as the gender binary is beaten into people as kids, anything that blurs that line is going to meet horrible reaction.

This, plus the idea of men gazing at men is horrifying to most straight dudes. The way our patriarchal society constructs masculinity necessitates that the male gaze, and in particular the male sexual gaze, objectify what it sees. Sadly the default reaction for most straight dudes is "poo poo, I can't let those queers objectify me!" rather than "hmm, maybe objectifying people is bad."

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I was talking to a guy at work and he was saying how he doesn't care about gay marriage, "let them be as miserable as the rest of us". Cool reaction, I thought, until he continued: it's unnatural. If "they" had their way, everybody on earth would be gay. That's what they are trying to do, convert everyone. And then humanity would stop, because who would have the babies? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No that's solid logic, it's like how I have friends getting married soon, and I can't go because as soon as they kiss it sends out straight-waves over the church and turns us all straight.

Wait, sorry no, it's only minorities with magic corruption powers.

• Locked thread