Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

I dont know how good bad his science was, but John Anthony West was almost impossible to listen to. He had a noisy fan going the entire time and could not complete a thought because he kept going off on tangent after tangent. Hes a horrible interview.

Best part was when he just left to stop his dog from barking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

Is anyone else really turned off by Freddy? At first I liked him and I listened to a couple episodes of What's Good, but on IHC he comes off as a huge sperglord. Like he will literally stop the conversation so he can tell everyone the trivial things he knows.

not really, i kind of liked it when he royally pissed off doug benson with his movie knowledge

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
"When I threw kicks in the night"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XwkfrLjp0

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Is listening to this thing with Giorgio Tsoukalos even worth listening to at all?

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Is listening to this thing with Giorgio Tsoukalos even worth listening to at all?

Powerful Giorgio Tsoukalos.

( I skipped it)

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

...who?!

Wikipedia: Giorgio Tsoukalos

quote:

and proponent of the idea that ancient astronauts interacted with ancient humans
Oh. :rolleyes:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Apparently Joe has now been awarded his BJJ black belt by Eddie Bravo. I don't know if he deserves it or not, but I know a blue belt buddy of mine tapped him out in training a few months back~

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Apparently Joe has now been awarded his BJJ black belt by Eddie Bravo. I don't know if he deserves it or not, but I know a blue belt buddy of mine tapped him out in training a few months back~

You mean during practice where it's 70% intensity/the goal isn't to win or lose, and after he just got done with a 6 month acl recovery?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

goldblums eyes posted:

You mean during practice where it's 70% intensity/the goal isn't to win or lose, and after he just got done with a 6 month acl recovery?

Thanks for letting me know what the word "training" entails, I wouldn't have known otherwise

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Thanks for letting me know what the word "training" entails, I wouldn't have known otherwise

Then why would the color of someone else's belt negate Joe's just because he beat Joe in a scenario where winning/losing doesn't determine skillset and Joe hadn't practiced for 6 months?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

goldblums eyes posted:

Then why would the color of someone else's belt negate Joe's just because he beat Joe in a scenario where winning/losing doesn't determine skillset and Joe hadn't practiced for 6 months?

I have no idea how long it had been since Joe trained when my team mate grappled with him, and based on that I'm really surprised that you seem to possess this knowledge!

Anyway, I think you're reading a lot into my post. Where did I say that my buddy tapping out Joe negated anything at all? I'm pretty sure (I'm totally sure) I explicitly stated that I have absolutely no opinion on whether or not Joe should have that belt, and I honestly don't think that's a very controversial stance to take since it's completely neutral.
If anything, I'm skeptical of any higher belt Mr. Bravo hands out, and that's coming from someone who appreciates his system more than most jits people.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
If you think Bravo is just handing a black belt to his buddy, you are crazy

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I thought it was funny on Ari's podcast this week, he asked his guest about the World Bank and how it worked, and the guest said he was surprised he didn't know since he hung out with Joe so much.

Ari said Joe was so deep into the conspiracy stuff that anytime he starts talking about it Ari just tunes him out and ignores it. Pretty much what I do now when it comes up on the show.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Now with pictures: http://lockerz.com/s/220347174
I'd link directly to the picture, but it's one of those annoying places where that is apparently impossible.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 27, 2012

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
He looks like a more stressed out Karl Pilkington.

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006
I figured someone would post about IHC #36 by now, but apparently not. It's on ustream only at the moment, but its gotta be the most awkwardly hilarious icehouse yet. The Bone Zone guys(Brendan, Davey, loving RANBAN[Randy Liedtke]!) were there, and Doug Benson showed up as a special guest due to some plane cancellations screwing him over on his weekend gigs, so he was probably already peeved as is.

All I can say is watch it if you think that Doug Benson is impervious to anger. He flips his poo poo, and then acts like it wasn't his fault that the podcast turned hostile. Randy saves the day(and tbh, I thought everything was AWESOME until Doug started bitching because he wasn't getting the inside jokes from the bone zone), and doug chills out and slightly apologizes for being weird in part two.

Definitely check it out though, its one of the first times I've seen what resembles a fly on the wall view of a true greenroom on the IHC.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Is Jim Norton scheduled to be on this week?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Javes posted:

Is Jim Norton scheduled to be on this week?

Today at 6PM PST.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Now with pictures: http://lockerz.com/s/220347174
I'd link directly to the picture, but it's one of those annoying places where that is apparently impossible.
drat, Joe really does have that HGH-head going on. It was kinda awkward when Maron straight up asked him "Did your head get bigger?"

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006

Cromulent posted:

drat, Joe really does have that HGH-head going on. It was kinda awkward when Maron straight up asked him "Did your head get bigger?"

I had to do a triple take. I seriously thought this was a photoshop of eddie and joe's head onto others bodies. Joe's body seems REALLY disproportionate to his head in that picture. I definitely heard Maron say that, but never made the connection.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe ranting about how horrible it is that people don't like when other people use pejoratives for oppressed groups of people is really grating. His argument in favor of why it should be ok to call people retards and fags is "remember all the great times you've had calling people retards and fags?"

Jim Norton's standup is funny, but hearing him live on the show was a reminder of why I just can't get into O&A

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Joe ranting about how horrible it is that people don't like when other people use pejoratives for oppressed groups of people is really grating. His argument in favor of why it should be ok to call people retards and fags is "remember all the great times you've had calling people retards and fags?"

Jim Norton's standup is funny, but hearing him live on the show was a reminder of why I just can't get into O&A

He's got a good point. The words are fun to use, why the gently caress do people care? That argument is just a base argument for freedom of speech.

Agreed on Norton though, the self-depreciation got tiring after a while.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Nuja posted:

He's got a good point. The words are fun to use, why the gently caress do people care? That argument is just a base argument for freedom of speech.

:goonsay:

Yeah, so long as you're having a good time, who cares about what effect your words have on other people?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Nuja posted:

I think the explanation that Joe gave when he 'retired' the word 'fag' works well enough: Rather than disarming the word and making it unrelated to homosexuality, the use of the word in the 14-year-old-suburban-white-male context has resulted in an ineffective word that had muddled meaning, which also upsets a lot of people. It's easier to not upset people than to act like a loving toddler and throw tantrums whenever somebody assumes that you're being racist whenever you call somebody a friend of the family.

You're welcome to call your dumb little buddies fags, niggers, or retarded all you want, but if you do, you're a tremendous shithead who can't be bothered to spend 5 seconds to think up an insult that's funnier than 'kikey heeb'.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Bohemian Nights posted:

:goonsay:

Yeah, so long as you're having a good time, who cares about what effect your words have on other people?

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will make me kill myself.

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006
You see, the problem you guys have is that you believe these words have one definition. You remember that episode of south park about the harley riders? Same loving concept. A fag to me is a cigarette, or a douchey obnoxious person. The last thing I think of when I think of a fag is a homosexual. Retard is the same way. What do you put bread in to dethaw it? A retarder. Just because retard happens to have a slang definition for a slur towards the mentally handicapped, it also have a definition that basically means idiot.

I mean gently caress, the simple fact the 'nigga' in the black community has been turned into a synonym for brother means that you faggots are reading way too much into the usage of words. I know a few gay dudes who play with eachothers buttholes. And you know what? When they're around someone being an ornery dickhead, they tell him to stop being a fag.

I really wasn't expecting to have to defend myself for freedom of speech, but gently caress, there it is. It's a slippery slope. If I take your viewpoint on it, how is 'gently caress' any better? Some homoesexuals are offended by the word 'fag'. Some elderly/christiany/etc folks are offended by the word 'gently caress'. Are you saying that all words that offend people should be looked down upon and no longer used? Or do you think that people should get the gently caress over themselves? They aren't the majority, as the majority doesn't care, there is more pressing issues at hand than the semantics of word use. Move the gently caress on people.

VV
And at no point am I saying this. What I'm saying is there is a clear defined difference between calling someone trying to mug you a human being and calling a homosexual a human being. One is hate speech, the other is the truth.

Nuja fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 2, 2012

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Freedom of speech is not an all-protective shield that means people don't get to criticize you for being a thick-headed privileged rear end just fyi. People don't get to tell you what to say, sure, but you don't get to tell oppressed segments of the populace that they just need to nut up. "You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an rear end in a top hat"

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Nuja posted:

I know a few gay dudes who play with eachothers buttholes. And you know what? When they're around someone being an ornery dickhead, they tell him to stop being a fag.

All my friends are black!

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I mean if you're in this thread and that's the most empathy you can muster up for your fellow entities you either need to smoke more weed or drink your pee or something.

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006

DerbyTime!!! posted:

I mean if you're in this thread and that's the most empathy you can muster up for your fellow entities you either need to smoke more weed or drink your pee or something.

I save my empathy for those who have issues that are worth empathizing with. I feel for the gay community, but I also believe that they are more concerned with the feelings of hate than they are the usage of words. The same argument that is being made against human being could be made against the word gay. People use it in the exact same context as fag, yet it is no where near as slanderous.

I'm honestly not trying to be a dick, I just really don't think this is as big of an issue as it is made out to be. This kind of thinking is the same poo poo that leads us to oppressive systems like the FCC and S&P, which in theory should be phenomenal ideas, but in practice turn out to be completely skewed(see violence vs sexuality on television).

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Except it's not, because I don't think anybody here is arguing that there ought to be a law. What I'm saying is that the best thing a person can do, in this case and maybe in all cases, is to self-examine and modify their own behavior out of love and consideration for other people who have different problems.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Nuja posted:

I save my empathy for those who have issues that are worth empathizing with. I feel for the gay community, but I also believe that they are more concerned with the feelings of hate than they are the usage of words.

Thanks for telling me what I think. Stop calling your friends 'fags' because if you don't, some day somebody is probably going to beat you up with a brick.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 2, 2012

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The Joe Rogan thread, everybody.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Evil Agita posted:

The Joe Rogan thread, everybody.

We need to get back to what's important: gorilla loving some dumb bitch who needs it and chimpanzee attacks! POWERFUL!

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Car noises and pool cues. Get it right.

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008
Ya know, in Gobekli Tepe, which is a very recent discovery that changes the world man, there are statues of cunts being gorilla hosed by the powerful Joey CoCo Diaz which the Mayans used to talk to Terence McKenna and mushrooms. Scientists say that it's also a record of thousands of years ago when Nick Diaz drank grass shakes in an isolation tank to get swole.

I really want a Joe Rogan Mad Lib now.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Lions could gently caress you up

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

JEEEEZ-HUSSSS

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006
If you aint high by 2 oclock, go gently caress yourself!(If you were getting high by two o clock 90% of the poo poo on this last page would have not been cared about)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

woah

can you imagine

quake