Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

ChairmanMeow posted:

^some fucker ate my flowers yesterday and I though of your dog

Ghost is jumping with excitement!
Grats to your friend on a kick rear end cat.

haha :c00lbert:

I don't know if I'm going to keep the tug-a-jug. Not sure Feldman will be able to figure it out. Right now he's just barking at it, occasionally pawing at the bottom where the holes for smelling are.

edit: Yep, gonna take it back later. He just barks at it. I don't think he's smart enough to figure it out. :(

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
Let him keep barking at it. The frustration will help him get determined to figure it out; that's the whole point.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

adventure in the sandbox posted:

I'm Canadian I don't speak Fahrenheit. Off to google... 106 F = 41 C WHAT. How do you survive if this is a normal sustained temperature?! Right now its 10 C = 50F. That's pretty cool for July but normal. My dogs give no fucks about the temperature until it hits 15 C :downs:

Yes this is normal sustained temperature. I'm not entirely sure I am surviving. Especially after five hours in it today.

However it was all worth it, because I had one of these:

constantly stalking me, begging food from me and generally being way too cute (and way too comfortable around humans).

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Captain Foxy posted:

Let him keep barking at it. The frustration will help him get determined to figure it out; that's the whole point.

Yepyep. Instant gratification is good sometimes but it's going to be more enriching for him to have a chance to get frustrated and figure the toy out. Hell, I'm pretty sure my parrot is smarter than Feldman and sometimes he'll spend ages with a new toy in his cage before he suddenly decides that it's awesome. It's worth waiting a while.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yes this is normal sustained temperature. I'm not entirely sure I am surviving. Especially after five hours in it today.

However it was all worth it, because I had one of these:

constantly stalking me, begging food from me and generally being way too cute (and way too comfortable around humans).

Ugh 5 hours? I can't say I feel your pain, because dude. That's crazy.

I love begging birds! Whiskeyjacks and chickadees are pretty bold when we are out camping.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

Bash Ironfist posted:

Oh no, sorry to hear that SuperTwo. Hope she gets better soon!

Took Feldman to Petco to look at those easy lead harnesses. poo poo's 30 bucks! I was like 'no this is too expensive.'

Ended up buying him a pack of bully sticks and a tug-a-jug, spent 30 dollars. :downs:

Easy walkers are expensive, but they really are worth it. If your dog pulls at all you'd be happy to have it.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Azrael Alexander posted:

Easy walkers are expensive, but they really are worth it. If your dog pulls at all you'd be happy to have it.

I like the sense-ation/sense-able harnesses better (and they're cheaper) but yeah. Front clip harnesses are really helpful when you're teaching a dog to walk nicely or if you're worried about their trachea. I make Major wear his when we're going out somewhere because it makes him less reactive than if he's on a collar alone even though he is really good about loose leash walking now.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Well it looks like Chary has an aural hematoma. I have no idea how it happened or what she did (although I suspect horrible needley puppy teeth relentlessly chewing on her....) but she's walking around the house mournfully with one fat ear and sad, confused tilted head. Derp.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Well, now he doesn't seem afraid of it. He barks a lot, but smacks it around with his paws. Don't think he's figured out the rope yet. Hopefully he's smart enough for this toy. Please let my dog be smart :(

edit: How long do I let him try? Put his dinner in there, and it's been maybe 30-35 minutes.

edit 2: I also got him the normal sized one I think. Should I get the real small one instead?

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 3, 2012

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

Both my dogs just have it out for me today. I picked up this rope toy for Angus to try on his springpole http://www.petco.com/product/113000/Planet-Petco-Medium-Braided-Rope-Tug-Toy.aspx

He had the knotted bite surface completely unraveled within minutes and was hanging off the very ends and scooting himself around in a circle on his rear end because it was so much lower than it should be. Later I see he's scooted his rear end cheek bloody and scraped a good amount of skin off of it. He's being an utter baby about it too and moping/licking his butt. :ughh:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
A coworker is dumping their great dane mix (the latest of a revolving door of dogs she gets and half assedly takes care of for 6 months before deciding she "can't give them what they need" and dumps them via craigslist) because she's "too hyper!!" and she "can't afford her health problems!!!" (she's got mild skin allergies and she refuses to take her off of crappy food so she gets cheap steroid shots.) Okay fine, whatever, dump dog # 2138932489 and do your thing, none of my business.

Suddenly, amidst this dog dumping drama, she corners me and starts asking me about Boston Terriers. It didn't even compute why she was asking at all until she goes YEAH I THINK THAT'S WHAT I WANT.

It is really, really hard to stay out of her public facebook meltdowns about how it's so unfair that rescues are giving her a hard time about dumping her dog while she's already actively searching for a replacement. Her husband just got deployed, which is why she supposedly doesn't have time for her current dog, so logically, she should get....a puppy. :cripes:

I'm trying so hard to be good. I keep reminding myself that I have to work with this person.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I cannot compute that level of selfishness. :psyduck: She sounds like a spoiled teenager.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

I cannot compute that level of selfishness. :psyduck: She sounds like a spoiled teenager.

She sounds like literally drat near every military wife I knew in Okinawa.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I like to go cat fishing in my spare time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEx--JO1ziw

My phone takes lovely videos.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

Superconsndar posted:

A coworker is dumping their great dane mix (the latest of a revolving door of dogs she gets and half assedly takes care of for 6 months before deciding she "can't give them what they need" and dumps them via craigslist) because she's "too hyper!!" and she "can't afford her health problems!!!" (she's got mild skin allergies and she refuses to take her off of crappy food so she gets cheap steroid shots.) Okay fine, whatever, dump dog # 2138932489 and do your thing, none of my business.

Suddenly, amidst this dog dumping drama, she corners me and starts asking me about Boston Terriers. It didn't even compute why she was asking at all until she goes YEAH I THINK THAT'S WHAT I WANT.

It is really, really hard to stay out of her public facebook meltdowns about how it's so unfair that rescues are giving her a hard time about dumping her dog while she's already actively searching for a replacement. Her husband just got deployed, which is why she supposedly doesn't have time for her current dog, so logically, she should get....a puppy. :cripes:

I'm trying so hard to be good. I keep reminding myself that I have to work with this person.

This sounds like the people I work with. There are two of them who are constantly recycling their animals and I have to work very hard to control my sperg rage at them. The one woman has been through two dogs, a cat, and a rabbit so far in the year I have worked with her, and currently has a kitten who she is supposedly allergic to, so now she's going to get rid of her as well. But not before she gets a ~~*New Puppy*~~ for whatever reason. The other woman was going to have her cat put down because she was "too old" (11) and was peeing on things. I told her that the cat probably had a UTI and that 11 was really not too old for a cat, and she seemed to kind of halfway almost listen to me, but I have no idea what actually happened to the poor cat. Now she has a kitten and a Pit/Boxer mix she's trying to get rid of. These people refer to their animals as "it" and seem to form no real emotional attachment to them whatsoever, so I really don't understand why they keep getting more and then dumping them off or having them put down when they become too inconvenient for them.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

I admire both of your levels of self-control.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I wish etsy pet stuff wasn't always so expensive, these are kind of neat. :3:

(from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/vaivanat?section_id=11038695 if you're willing to drop $60 on it.)

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
This is made of pet hair isn't it?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yes, by the animal that uses it. In 3 months time, that cat will emerge from its cocoon a beautiful, graceful, dane-mastiff cross. SO MAJESTIC

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Things like that are actually really easy to make, just google "felted vessel" or knit a really big bag if you're a knitter and then felt it. It shouldn't take $60 worth of material and effort.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Things like that are actually really easy to make, just google "felted vessel" or knit a really big bag if you're a knitter and then felt it. It shouldn't take $60 worth of material and effort.

You have like a billion sheep. You should totally do this and make a million dollars!

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

ChairmanMeow posted:

This is made of pet hair isn't it?

It says they're made from wool but I like the idea of it being made from cat hair better. Ultimate profit.

And yeah etsy it prob the champion website of overpriced homemade goods. It's like the whole foods of random crap.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Why are there so many people on Craigslist giving away 8 to 12 week old puppies? I could understand if they owned the mom, but no, these are just single puppies and the excuses are things like "my older dog doesn't like him" or "I don't have time for him". When and how did these people get these puppies?

I also found multiple people selling 5 and 6 week old puppies and someone else getting rid of a 9 week old pit puppy "because he is deaf". And someone giving away a ten month old brown and white puppy, while at the same time looking for a brown and white husky puppy (I guess brown and white dogs are awesome). I need to stop going to Craigslist.

My favorite: someone looking for a monkey to hire for their two year old's birthday party.

Wait, here is someone selling custom made dog dresses, in sizes up to Great Dane. This poor dog:
http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pet/3066547804.html

Aravenna fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 3, 2012

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Kerfuffle posted:

It says they're made from wool but I like the idea of it being made from cat hair better. Ultimate profit.

And yeah etsy it prob the champion website of overpriced homemade goods. It's like the whole foods of random crap.

http://www.amazon.com/Crafting-Cat-...g+with+cat+hair

I have flipped through this on amazon before, but you evidently need random tools.
These cats need to pull their (slew of) weight.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Aravenna posted:

Why are there so many people on Craigslist giving away 8 to 12 week old puppies? I could understand if they owned the mom, but no, these are just single puppies and the excuses are things like "my older dog doesn't like him" or "I don't have time for him". When and how did these people get these puppies?

I also found multiple people selling 5 and 6 week old puppies and someone else getting rid of a 9 week old pit puppy "because he is deaf". And someone giving away a ten month old brown and white puppy, while at the same time looking for a brown and white husky puppy (I guess brown and white dogs are awesome). I need to stop going to Craigslist.

My favorite: someone looking for a monkey to hire for their two year old's birthday party.

The ones that get me are the 8 week old puppies being given away because "I'm moving TOMORROW, THERES NO TIME." Did you just find out you were moving? Did you not know you were moving tomorrow when you got a puppy a week ago? :psyduck:

Also the "GOTTA GET RID OF MY PIT BECAUSE THE LANDLORD DOESN'T ALLOW PITS" people. Did you just waltz up to your landlord and holler "YEP ITS A PIT BULL" at the top of your lungs? Do people really not know that you should probably not call your pit bull a pit bull if you're renting? I have never lived in an apartment complex that allowed pit bulls, and yet I have never had trouble renting with a pit bull. Use people's ignorance against them and just say "NAW HE'S A POINTER MIX." Problem solved, now you can keep your ugly dog.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
Mouse did good today! We were walking in the evening and there was a deer and her fawn in the field. They started running, and Mouse pricked her ears up and watched them but wasn't 'switched on' to them in a prey sense at all. This is excellent because foremost on the list of things Mouse needs not to chase = large ungulates :gonk:.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Superconsndar posted:

Also the "GOTTA GET RID OF MY PIT BECAUSE THE LANDLORD DOESN'T ALLOW PITS" people. Did you just waltz up to your landlord and holler "YEP ITS A PIT BULL" at the top of your lungs? Do people really not know that you should probably not call your pit bull a pit bull if you're renting? I have never lived in an apartment complex that allowed pit bulls, and yet I have never had trouble renting with a pit bull. Use people's ignorance against them and just say "NAW HE'S A POINTER MIX." Problem solved, now you can keep your ugly dog.

If people want to screw you over they can always complain about your dog, and if it looks vaguely like a breed banned by wherever you're at, well. I've seen it happen, people are dicks. :(
However the vast majority of people posting criagslist ads for pits in my area either try to make it sound special ("great bloodline/blue nose/whatever the gently caress") and then their "rehoming fee" is something like $300. I do lots of flagging of ads for my area because sometimes the people around here are just begging to be caught dogfighting or something.

I buy a lot of nice cages and supplies off craigslist though. I guess that makes up for the dumb.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

I decided to look at my local Craigslist for shits and giggles/more reasons to be angry...instead I found this:
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/pet/3113160975.html
I saw this dog while I was out riding my bike yesterday. :( If it wasn't so late now I'd go out looking for her. I feel really guilty now; she was sniffing around in someones yard and I watched her for awhile, because she wasn't wearing a collar. She didn't stray out of the yard she was in, and I just assumed that some dope let her out without a leash, as people in my neighborhood tend to do. I sent an email to the owner and I'm going to go out looking for her tomorrow, but I just feel awful, especially since it's been so hot out. :( Poor dog.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bear Rape posted:

If people want to screw you over they can always complain about your dog, and if it looks vaguely like a breed banned by wherever you're at, well. I've seen it happen, people are dicks. :(

In my experience, landlords will accept vet records as proof of breed. Never had trouble getting a vet to put whatever I wanted on there, and then when landlords go "uhhhh so and so says they saw you walking your dog and it was a pit bull. Can I see him? Yep, looks like a pit to me" I can do "NOPE" and then pull out vet records. Has always worked for me. Gotta be ready to pack your poo poo and movie or lawyer up if it doesn't though!

quote:

However the vast majority of people posting criagslist ads for pits in my area either try to make it sound special ("great bloodline/blue nose/whatever the gently caress") and then their "rehoming fee" is something like $300. I do lots of flagging of ads for my area because sometimes the people around here are just begging to be caught dogfighting or something.

No one is fighting it if its blue, and anyone who is fighting things is not selling the pups on craigslist. People with good dogs don't have to advertise them, and even if they did they wouldn't. I really wish people would stop assuming that everyone doing anything stupid with pit bulls = :byodame: DAWG FIGHTING.:byodame: Not just you, it's everyone and everywhere.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

In my experience, landlords will accept vet records as proof of breed. Never had trouble getting a vet to put whatever I wanted on there, and then when landlords go "uhhhh so and so says they saw you walking your dog and it was a pit bull. Can I see him? Yep, looks like a pit to me" I can do "NOPE" and then pull out vet records. Has always worked for me. Gotta be ready to pack your poo poo and movie or lawyer up if it doesn't though!

I got Ires put down as a chesapeake bay retriever/great dane mix because of this poo poo. I don't think she's got a drop of pit in her, but she's a brindle with goofy ears and I'd rather just have paperwork with something exact-bizarre that I don't have to deal with.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I meant something more along the lines of "my dog is stronger than your dog" "nu uh" and not stuff that actually takes bloodlines into consideration if that makes more sense. 'Course I can't say I've had any personal experience with pit bulls other than my dog being mistaken for one and my uncle's pit mix being taken and euthed because the city he was in had banned them (unfortunately there was no paperwork to prove that the dog was a different mix, and as far as they were concerned it looked it).

I am kind of bitter about that so my dog's paperwork is ready to go at all times, I have vet records stating he's American bulldog/lab, which he is, but that doesn't stop the occasional mistaken identity.

I am so confused by my local craigslist ads in general, anyway.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!

Superconsndar posted:

No one is fighting it if its blue, and anyone who is fighting things is not selling the pups on craigslist. People with good dogs don't have to advertise them, and even if they did they wouldn't. I really wish people would stop assuming that everyone doing anything stupid with pit bulls = :byodame: DAWG FIGHTING.:byodame: Not just you, it's everyone and everywhere.

Why not? I mean, I realize thats not how your official redneck backyard dudes that do dogfighting legit do it :banjo: but with how popular pits are with people today and 'thugs' that just want to make BULLY FIGHTIN DAWGS I could sorta see it being that way. I'm not too savvy on how it is done honestly so its pure speculation on my part. I'm bet there are people out there that use bait dogs, Im bet there are people out there using blue dogs. That said, I dont go out assuming stray shelter dogs I see with bite scars and wounds as fightin' dawgs like crazy rescue people but. I can't help but think its happening in places.

Yea you could argue that its not "dog fighting" but thats kinda arguing semantics and I dont want it to be about that. Just simply putting pits together to fight= enough to count as dog fighting for me.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Malalol posted:

Why not? I mean, I realize thats not how your official redneck backyard dudes that do dogfighting legit do it :banjo: but with how popular pits are with people today and 'thugs' that just want to make BULLY FIGHTIN DAWGS I could sorta see it being that way. I'm not too savvy on how it is done honestly so its pure speculation on my part. I'm bet there are people out there that use bait dogs, Im bet there are people out there using blue dogs. That said, I dont go out assuming stray shelter dogs I see with bite scars and wounds as fightin' dawgs like crazy rescue people but. I can't help but think its happening in places.

Yea you could argue that its not "dog fighting" but thats kinda arguing semantics and I dont want it to be about that. Just simply putting pits together to fight= enough to count as dog fighting for me.

By that logic, we should call American bullies APBTs because the people who breed them call them that and that is what the public's perception of a pit bull is. Retards can fling fat blue dogs at each other all day- that's not dog fighting, that's dog abuse. You can do donuts in a parking lot and call it NASCAR, but that doesn't make it so just because a bunch of other people do the same thing and both happen to involve cars and going fast in a circle.

The vast majority of people who are into bullies know they're worthless for fighting anyway and will tell you so theselves.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
Thats true, I was mostly thinking more along the lines of rap (or w/e) music where people complain about how terrible the mainstream stuff is and its not real music and how you should listen to this awesome underground sht. But its still rap.

Throwin' bullies at each other = dog fighting = dog abuse.
Public opinion isn't ever gunna change with that. I do see the term American Bully being used a lot more nowadays though. Vs people calling them APBTs. Not that most people know the difference : (

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Kerfuffle posted:

I wish etsy pet stuff wasn't always so expensive, these are kind of neat. :3:

(from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/vaivanat?section_id=11038695 if you're willing to drop $60 on it.)

I have been planning on crocheting felted pet beds (both the ones like that and ones that are more bowl-like) for a while and now that summer classes are over I was going to get started on it any day now. I was actually showing my parents pictures of them an hour ago. Then I opened this thread and saw this and yay! I might as well take this chance and ask PI: What price range would you find reasonable for these beds? Do you think mainly cat owners would be interested in these? Any small dog owners picture their dogs maybe enjoying a bed like this? Any input would be appreciated!

Edit: this is what I was referring to with the more bowl-like ones: http://www.etsy.com/listing/9978732...h_type=handmade

cryingscarf fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 3, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

cryingscarf posted:

I have been planning on crocheting felted pet beds (both the ones like that and ones that are more bowl-like) for a while and now that summer classes are over I was going to get started on it any day now. I was actually showing my parents pictures of them an hour ago. Then I opened this thread and saw this and yay! I might as well take this chance and ask PI: What price range would you find reasonable for these beds? Do you think mainly cat owners would be interested in these? Any small dog owners picture their dogs maybe enjoying a bed like this? Any input would be appreciated!

Edit: this is what I was referring to with the more bowl-like ones: http://www.etsy.com/listing/9978732...h_type=handmade

Well, I know Feldman might like one. I'd imagine it'd appeal to a dogs denning instinct? He lays under my bed when in my room, this would probably be more comfortable for him.

No clue what to charge for it though!

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Welp, I just took my cat to the vet for her vaccinations and she proceeded to piss all over the carrier, the car, me and the vet. I guess she really didn't want to go there. Well too bad cat!~

TVs Ian posted:

Well it looks like Chary has an aural hematoma. I have no idea how it happened or what she did (although I suspect horrible needley puppy teeth relentlessly chewing on her....) but she's walking around the house mournfully with one fat ear and sad, confused tilted head. Derp.

That sucks, poor Chary. Hopefully it's not one of the ones that keeps recurring.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

cryingscarf posted:

Pricing is hard and depends on where and how you're selling. Etsy prices run high, partly because if you're asking well below the surrounding price scheme it starts to look like there's something suspiciously crappy about what you make. Though frankly, $60 for that groovy cat pod thing pictured earlier doesn't sound too unreasonable to ask if you can get it: at $60 you would actually get paid something for time as well as materials, while covering transaction fees plus a little margin for error if you lose on shipping and handling. However, the hope of getting paid anything like materials plus a wage per hour for knitting/crocheting is...pretty much just a hope, unless you can become all Etsy-famous and/or go to reasonably high-end craft fairs locally. I'm considering adding cat mats to the stock I sell at the farmer's market but only if I can make them very quickly and cheaply; at farmer's market prices I'd only ask $20. (And then I only take home half because I donate half of my knitting money to my cat rescue group--it's our fundraising table. Donating kind of keeps me from getting delusions of actually making money out of my hobby.)

If you're interested in Etsy advice, there's a thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2735614 One thing about Etsy: selling there feels like 75% camera-work.

On the pet-owner end--I'm honestly unlikely to buy a cat bed because it's something I could make myself. That doesn't mean no one else would want to, and to tell you the truth it's something I might buy anyway if I knew the maker (or just e-knew them in a "hey we are in the same forum!" way) and it was cool-looking. I doubt I would pay more than $30, $40?

e. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about this more!

Andrias Scheuchzeri fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 3, 2012

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Some guy said my friend was abusing his bird for not clipping her wings. What.

Also he was apparently being inhumane for keeping her in a cage when he can't look at her? Also that guy was threatening to report him to SPCA because he was leashing his bird within eyesight while he went somewhere to take a smoke so y'know, he wouldn't actually harm his bird by smoking next to her. Jesus Christ man so what exactly is up to your oddly specific bird-keeping standards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I have to brag about my dog right now.

Yesterday a ~strange adult man~ was in the same room as Lola. He even said hello to her and tried briefly to get her to come over to him. She didn't; but because she had her ball she was fairly relaxed and didn't bark. She only growled once (when Jess barked when he came in).

And today we went on a bike ride just as the schools were letting out (oops). She didn't bark at a single kid, only hard-stared at one that was jumping around. She also came face to face with two off leash dogs, just after I'd let her off for 30 seconds to get through a really narrow thing on my bike. She was okay with the calm weim but got upset and barked/lunged at the bouncy collie mix, but came back to me when I called and didn't have a fit at the leashed dog that passed close by seconds later. Maybe my dog doesn't hate dogs as much as I thought!

I think our training is paying off a bit :3:

• Locked thread